• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

For all the guardians in here doing remote play through the vita. How do you deal with the thumbsticks. I stink at shooting with them right now. Couldn't even solo an extraction crew PE lol. What other accessories do you guys recommend?

I just can't. I use the Vita to check in and pick up stuff or do vault things, something that won't take long.

Actual play, no. If they made some kind of gizmo that allowed the use of DS4, I'd be all over that.

deafmedal

Hi!

My name is Tyler, and I'm a Destiny addict.

OT14?
You've been brainwashed by the Church of Latter-day Scientology. Repent, and look not for a group. Rebuke Xür and fall not for his devilish enticements. Banish Raul from thy heart and farm thee no more. For if you do not may a thousand generations of your seed till the barren earth...

Lima

Oh since I remember some people talking about it last OT. Yes you can get flawless raider in Crota's End and yes it's much easier and faster than VoG. We just carried through a guy that wanted the achievement.

You've been brainwashed by the Church of Latter-day Scientology. Repent, and look not for a group. Rebuke Xür and fall not for his devilish enticements. Banish Raul from thy heart and farm thee no more. For if you do not may a thousand generations of your seed till the barren earth...

Za?

E92 M3

I just enjoy playing Destiny overall. It plays so well - nothing to do with being addicted to loot. Super excited for Hard Crota, future updates and the big update in September.

I just can't. I use the Vita to check in and pick up stuff or do vault things, something that won't take long.

Actual play, no. If they made some kind of gizmo that allowed the use of DS4, I'd be all over that.

Hmmm need to talk to Macello. Dudes run raids on his Vita apparently.

Feorax

Is anyone running the CE raid shortly? I've yet to do it, and have a couple of hours free if anyone needs one more for the group.

Namikaze1

if the awoken queen is a raid boss immuna have to abstain from that one.
See, this is why she won't notice you! She likes big strong Guardians who aren't afraid of hurting the ones they love.

It's gonna hurt but if I have to fight her then I shall!

E92 M3

I absolutely LOVE the hunter raid gear and don't want to give it up for the next raid. Please let me upgrade it Bungie - it looks so cool. MUCH MUCH better than the ugly VOG gear.

Namikaze1

She may be impressed with the size of your gjallarhorn.
My Gjallarhorn is evolving if you know what I mean

sZfX3c9.gif

You can do VoG at 26 but 27 is ideal. You'll have a much easier time at 27 than 26 because enemies at the end of VoG are higher than 26.

Goddamit how the hell do I not have a Suros yet -_-

Yes it's good.

If you have enough strange coins go check out what Xur is selling. And I would advise you to get to 27 soon cause I know there are a few normal VOG runs going on this weekend, I know I'll do at least 1.

At 26 you'll probably die a lot in the last sections and not be able to really enjoy it IMO.

These threads fly by and I end up missing responses, but this community remains super helpful and friendly. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm if my 331 Suros is the "upgraded" version before I pump upgrades into it?

Namikaze1

That dude's always pissed, though. I heard one time he made some guardian go on a fetch quest for the eye of a Gate Lord, just to be an ass.
That was me. Why do you think I was leering on his sister in the first place? Sure, it started off as a thing to just piss him off but her beauty captivated me and soon enough, I was in love.

matmanx1

I'm still not feeling The Last Word. I need to unlock perfect balance for it, but something is throwing me off aim-wise,

I extensively used my TDYK before getting another hand cannon - Thorn (thanks guys for the help!) and initially with Thorn I was aiming slightly above where I needed to be. It felt 'heavier' than TDYK if that makes sense and after a short while I compensated and got it dialled in.

RNGeesus gave me a Last Word shortly after and whilst I like the animations for the aesthetics I'm just not feeling the gun and I think they might actually be throwing me off (on a side note, for folks with way more experience with real life revolvers, are the animations actually meaningful? I thought you wouldn't need to do that if it was a dual action revolver, and if it's single action why is both the barrel and hammer moving together when you slightly pull he trigger?).

Anyway, I got an RNG TDYD yesterday and apart from the tiny mag it feels really really similar in handling to the TDYK.

I guess my question for Last Word users is do you get used to it? Can you get dialed in with it eventually?

Perfect balance does make a huge difference but even with that perk TLW is harder to control than most any other hand cannon. It's firing faster and each shot causes a short, sharp "bounce" that you have to learn to overcome.

I've had the gun for a while and still have issues auto firing it from the hip. It's just hard to control and the aim assist is either not there or different enough from ADS that it messes me up somewhat. Still, it is a worthwhile gun to master and one of my favorite guns in the game.

These threads fly by and I end up missing responses, but this community remains super helpful and friendly. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm if my 331 Suros is the "upgraded" version before I pump upgrades into it?

Yep it is Suros 2.0, so you can pump shards into it. The thread moves really fast depending on the time of day.

For all the guardians in here doing remote play through the vita. How do you deal with the thumbsticks. I stink at shooting with them right now. Couldn't even solo an extraction crew PE lol. What other accessories do you guys recommend?

Edit: wife got me the Vita as a Christmas gift. She's my enabler.

I stated this when I tried it out in the last thread...

Equip a weapon that has multi fire aim for the chest and hope for the best. In my limited experience I have used a pulse rifle... it worked wonders.

Mindlog

Arguments that voice support for matchmaking don't need to justify why matchmaking would be a good addition, they need to justify why it would be better than an LFG tool with customizable listings.
Because the type of LFG I'm hoping for and matchmaking is just a semantic argument :]
Being able to browse for players isn't enough of a step up. I want an advanced beacon system.

It's like seeing friends doing a Nnightfall.
"There are friends running the Nightfall. Great, let me try joining in *Friend List*.... Welp that's useless."
Imagine being able to click on the little friend icon and the game automatically searches for open friend spots. Taken a few steps further we can imagine filters applied by both the joining player and the host. Imagine that instead of just friends we can also do it with clans and other player subsets. It's free skulls and new challenges they could apply to existing missions. Imagine a 'Toland's Legacy' matchmaking challenge - Only Warlocks with Bad Juju can join. Lot's of imagining that we'll never get and I recognize that. What we have now is the best that we're going to have for a very long time.

Also, I want to be able to opt out of matchmaking. Sometimes the challenge of speed-running solo is a fun change of pace.

Hi Tyler!

My name is Private, and I'm a Destiny addict. I sold my soul for a shot at radiant shards (and only got energies).

Hi Private! (salutes)

I'm sorry to hear about your shards. I hear there's a lady called Eris that likes to exchange them.

You should totally talk to her.

and if she won't, talk to this Nami fellow. Apparently he's in solid with all the females of Destiny!

bucyou55

Banned
had alot of moats and nothing to spend them on

got an exotic engram and turned into ruined wings, my titan is happy

That was me. Why do you think I was leering on his sister in the first place? Sure, it started off as a thing to just piss him off but her beauty captivated me and soon enough, I was in love.
No way! I heard you just mic-dropped that eye on him. All like, KAPOW! Served.

bc8a664b6c16415f913fc99da27c6c29-dropmic1.gif

I stated this when I tried it out in the last thread...

Equip a weapon that has multi fire aim for the chest and hope for the best. In my limited experience I have used a pulse rifle... it worked wonders.

Cool, I'll make the adjustment. Right now I'm meeting around and running a freshly minted Hunter in crucible. Looking like an idiot cause of these vita thumbsticks lol.

Deku Tree

It's exhausting to read every day that matchmaking should be added for the raids and that even though there are problems with it, "you don't have to use it, so it wouldn't affect you, why do you care?"

Any discussion about matchmaking for tough content has to be framed not as "matchmaking vs. doing nothing" but "matchmaking vs. in-game LFG board/grouping tool."

I aggressively oppose matchmaking and aggressively support an LFG board.

Neither one would affect me in the slightest, because we have an extremely robust community here and I don't have to leave it to find people for groups except for extremely rare and dire circumstances. That doesn't preclude me from having an understanding of the relevant aspects of game design and an opinion on what would be best for it. I care pretty deeply about the experience that new players and especially new players to the raid have while playing, because the community isn't some nebulous entity floating out there to observe and analyze. It's us. Matchmaking ensures that at least every so often, a new player would have as poor an experience with their blind-matched teammates in a raid as I have maybe 1 in 5 playlist strikes with mine.

Arguments that voice support for matchmaking don't need to justify why matchmaking would be a good addition, they need to justify why it would be better than an LFG tool with customizable listings.

Today I heard one argument that addressed that, and it was "sometimes you just want to push a button."

:-/

If your the type who just wants to push a button I can't imagine you would enjoy the VoG or CE raids very much personally. And if the raids were mainly designed for people who just want to push a button then I can't imagine most of the people in here would enjoy them very much or would even be still playing Destiny. It would be like adding just another Strike to Destiny and taking out the raids. I think the truth of it is that people who are casually playing Destiny are disappointed that there is content on the disk that might not be accessible to them. I think Bungie is fully aware of all of this too...

Hi Private! (salutes)

I'm sorry to hear about your shards. I hear there's a lady called Eris that likes to exchange them.

You should totally talk to her.

and if she won't, talk to this Nami fellow. Apparently he's in solid with all the females of Destiny!

Speaking of Eris, are her ranks all the same XP, or are they progressive? I just hit rank 2 on my best toon and it says that I have 1900 XP to get to rank 3. Does that mean I have already done 2000 XP for rank 0 and 2000 XP for rank 1, with 3900 left to get to 4?

X-Frame

I want The Stranger's Rifle to have the same ability to be upgraded like the Husk of the Pit.

That weapon is too good to remain a Level 16 Blue.

Ghazi

You can jump into the window and skip having to kill the 3 servitors. The jump can be tricky. Just follow me the next time we get the strike.

It skips it? I thought it prevents you from progressing in the mission. Like, you can run to the end, but it'll still say you need to kill the Servitors.

Unfortunately no one knows yet. I'm refraining from dumping any XP into mine until we know.

It won't be upgradeable, I'm almost positive. You are missing out on 9 attack, it's not worth upgrading...

Speaking of Eris, are her ranks all the same XP, or are they progressive? I just hit rank 2 on my best toon and it says that I have 1900 XP to get to rank 3. Does that mean I have already done 2000 XP for rank 0 and 2000 XP for rank 1, with 3900 left to get to 4?
They get progressively higher and higher. To get to Rank 4 it's 4000 XP.

Top Bottom