• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I still don't understand why this is a thing. PSN took a nosedive around the time Destiny came out and it's only marginally improved.

Messaging was always a real bad culprit for me. I wound up deleting all of my messages*, which seems to have helped tremendously.

* I had to delete them all from my Vita, since the Playstation app and PS4 wouldn't respond to my requests.
I should try deleting mine. PSN performance has improved but it's still embarrassing for basic features.

Got a legendary engram from a strike, another guy got No Land Beyond, poor guy.

Legendary engram turns into
Ascendant Energies.

smh

stb

anyone doing weekly (at any difficulty) or nightfall?

I need to tag along for the Invective bounty.

PSN berried_treasure

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's exhausting to read every day that matchmaking should be added for the raids and that even though there are problems with it, "you don't have to use it, so it wouldn't affect you, why do you care?"

Any discussion about matchmaking for tough content has to be framed not as "matchmaking vs. doing nothing" but "matchmaking vs. in-game LFG board/grouping tool."

I aggressively oppose matchmaking and aggressively support an LFG board.

Neither one would affect me in the slightest, because we have an extremely robust community here and I don't have to leave it to find people for groups except for extremely rare and dire circumstances. That doesn't preclude me from having an understanding of the relevant aspects of game design and an opinion on what would be best for it. I care pretty deeply about the experience that new players and especially new players to the raid have while playing, because the community isn't some nebulous entity floating out there to observe and analyze. It's us. Matchmaking ensures that at least every so often, a new player would have as poor an experience with their blind-matched teammates in a raid as I have maybe 1 in 5 playlist strikes with mine.

Arguments that voice support for matchmaking don't need to justify why matchmaking would be a good addition, they need to justify why it would be better than an LFG tool with customizable listings.

Today I heard one argument that addressed that, and it was "sometimes you just want to push a button."

:-/

Ghazi

It's exhausting to read every day that matchmaking should be added for the raids and that even though there are problems with it, "you don't have to use it, so it wouldn't affect you, why do you care?"

Any discussion about matchmaking for tough content has to be framed not as "matchmaking vs. doing nothing" but "matchmaking vs. in-game LFG board/grouping tool."

I aggressively oppose matchmaking and aggressively support an LFG board.

Neither one would affect me in the slightest, because we have an extremely robust community here and I don't have to leave it to find people for groups except for extremely rare and dire circumstances. That doesn't preclude me from having an understanding of the relevant aspects of game design and an opinion on what would be best for it. I care pretty deeply about the experience that new players and especially new players to the raid have while playing, because the community isn't some nebulous entity floating out there to observe and analyze. It's us. Matchmaking ensures that at least every so often, a new player would have as poor an experience with their blind-matched teammates in a raid as I have maybe 1 in 5 playlist strikes with mine.

Arguments that voice support for matchmaking don't need to justify why matchmaking would be a good addition, they need to justify why it would be better than an LFG tool with customizable listings.

Today I heard one argument that addressed that, and it was "sometimes you just want to push a button."

:-/

I don't want there to be matchmaking, but there needs to be something similar to LFG IN THE GAME.

Dynedom

It looks amazing IMO, but if you want it because of the special perk (extra fusion grenade), you might just be better off saving your coins and using the Gift of the Sun perk instead. If you like Angel of Light or Touch of Flame better, then being able to have an extra fusion grenade along with using one of those is nice, but Touch of Flame won't really do much with fusion grenades since they already one hit kill people in PVP.

I'm interested in it more for the high intellect. It seems like a high roll. Honestly, I would love a Praxic but that shit never comes my way ever. I feel this is a good backup.

Yes, yes you should! If you hate fusion nades then you could use Praxic Fire over it but Fusion nades are awesome and if you don't have Praxic it's especially a no brainer. I love Praxic and have it upgraded and maxed but I'm still going to buy Starfire.

Done.

And done.

Namikaze1

Hello Nami!

I think I've heard of you. Are you the Nami that is the Destiny Chest Plate Inspector for the female guardians?
I no longer own that position. Got fired. Apparently walking in on Ikora is against the rules here!

And I may have pissed the Queen's brother with my leering on his sister.

My Vita is here with me. :)

For all the guardians in here doing remote play through the vita. How do you deal with the thumbsticks. I stink at shooting with them right now. Couldn't even solo an extraction crew PE lol. What other accessories do you guys recommend?

Edit: wife got me the Vita as a Christmas gift. She's my enabler.

I already called dibs, Hawkian! Stay away from my Destiny waifu!

What are you gonna do when she's a raid boss and we have to take her down?

For all the guardians in here doing remote play through the vita. How do you deal with the thumbsticks. I stink at shooting with them right now. Couldn't even solo an extraction crew PE lol. What other accessories do you guys recommend?
Yeah, it sucks. I recommend running strike playlists and being a shitty teammate, because you have no other option. You can't glimmer farm because your aim sucks, you cant run crucible because your movement sucks, you most certainly can't raid because your aim and movement suck...IMO remote play is good for shopping at the tower and being a shitty teammate in strike playlists.

Top Bottom