• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

SharkJAW

A guy in our raid group insists that the first chest in the Crota raid (during the lamp part) only has the ability to receive an exotic weapon if you wait at least 20 seconds. He says if you open it before 20 seconds then shards/energy are the only possible drops.

Where could he have heard this and how do people come up with this stuff?
I opened one straight away and got DB, so that's debunked. Where do ideas like that come from, indeed.

Feorax

Anyone up for a normal VOG? Its my first time playing it but I have watched playthroughs online so I'm familiar with the mechanisms.

PS4 PSN: SicherLem
2. igordennis
3. PSN: MattIgoe

I'm up for it. Ran it a couple of times so I have a bit of experience.

Just send me an invite when youre ready.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Because the type of LFG I'm hoping for and matchmaking is just a semantic argument :]
Being able to browse for players isn't enough of a step up. I want an advanced beacon system.

It's like seeing friends doing a Nnightfall.
"There are friends running the Nightfall. Great, let me try joining in *Friend List*.... Welp that's useless."
Imagine being able to click on the little friend icon and the game automatically searches for open friend spots. Taken a few steps further we can imagine filters applied by both the joining player and the host. Imagine that instead of just friends we can also do it with clans and other player subsets. It's free skulls and new challenges they could apply to existing missions. Imagine a 'Toland's Legacy' matchmaking challenge - Only Warlocks with Bad Juju can join. Lot's of imagining that we'll never get and I recognize that. What we have now is the best that we're going to have for a very long time.
A system with that degree of complexity could obviously work, but I'm focused on a degree of practicality here :p Replicating the LFG tool functionality of Destinylfg.net ingame in a menu would be trivial in comparison.

Guild Wars 2 experienced the exact same evolution.
Also, I want to be able to opt out of matchmaking. Sometimes the challenge of speed-running solo is a fun change of pace.
This is obviously necessary, yeah.
If your the type who just wants to push a button I can't imagine you would enjoy the VoG or CE raids very much personally. And if the raids were mainly designed for people who just want to push a button then I can't imagine most of the people in here would enjoy them very much or would even be still playing Destiny. It would be like adding just another Strike to Destiny and taking out the raids. I think the truth of it is that people who are casually playing Destiny are disappointed that there is content on the disk that might not be accessible to them. I think Bungie is fully aware of all of this too...
I think the person who made that point was familiar with the raid and considered it easy, and was just not looking at it from the perspective of lower-skill/more casual/newer players, who do deserve a chance at raiding in this game but would be poorly served by blind matchmaking.
Unfortunately no one knows yet. I'm refraining from dumping any XP into mine until we know.
Not me!

The difference between 324 and 331 is ittybitty tiny. The Mythoclast is fantastic in its current form. I'll upgrade it in the future if a bump to the new cap is offered.
Math is so kind and has great fashion sense.

Fig on the other hand is mean
she can't be mean just look at the flower
(◡‿◡✿)

BokehKing

Banned
I have the ghjallahorn maxed out, any reason for me to purchase dragons breath?

Also, anyone want to make a clan just for the purpose of having a title under their name, I need one

GhaleonEB

So Nat decoded the 40 engrams I had waiting for her when she got back from vacation. Rahool was, well, Rahool: just a few motes of light and a couple strange coins, the rest were rare class junk. But decrypting them got her two rank ups with Rahool - and that scored her a wicked legendary rocket launcher with the cluster bomb perk (she was using a rare).

She's stoked, and ready to raid on Thursday. :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So Dragon's Breath or the Truth? Which is better.
What you're using them for is important, but both have viable uses. Truth is undoubtedly better against highly-mobile single targets. Dragon's Breath is great against groups and enemies that will "stand there and take it."

edit: Damnit, beaten. You win this round Kor.
So Nat decoded the 40 engrams I had waiting for her when she got back from vacation. Rahool was, well, Rahool: just a few motes of light and a couple strange coins, the rest were rare class junk. But decrypting them got her two rank ups with Rahool - and that scored her a wicked legendary rocket launcher with the cluster bomb perk (she was using a rare).

She's stoked, and ready to raid on Thursday. :D
Niiice, what element was the launcher?

Qwell

Anyone up for a normal VOG? Its my first time playing it but I have watched playthroughs online so I'm familiar with the mechanisms.

PS4 PSN: SicherLem
2. igordennis

I would be up for this if you are still looking psn same as name.

Also still looking for a clan (never joined or even know how) to do the strike and raid with all clan members. Plus its probably about time I join one, 30 days played, 2x maxed gjallerhorns, almost 2x lvl 32 characters and 1 lvl 31 titan (crota won't give him raid gear)

My buddy ran VoG for the first time ever last night. I took him through hard mode since he's already 30. His loot:

Timebreaker
Fatebringer
Atheon's Epilogue
Vex Mythoclast
Found Verdict

we aren't friends anymore.

Bogeypop

I opened one straight away and got DB, so that's debunked. Where do ideas like that come from, indeed.

I heard if you stand on one leg, put one hand on your head, and rub your stomach with the other while getting the end-of-Strike loot you'll have a higher chance at an Exotic you don't already own. True story my uncle works at Bungie.

Don't tell Twilight this but you're still the better Hunter.

fig may have been the first guardian lord - a genuine destiny legend even - but such words are beneath me. i have transcended the worldly distinction of classes. i am hunter of hunters, warlocks and titans all the same; a rainbow of impartial, unprejudiced destruction. my blade cares not who it strikes. my drapes are crafted with the fabrics of those i have freed from a doomed existence.

this juxtaposition is a paradox in itself. a heretic's end awaits he who attempts such a futile comparison.

What you're using them for is important, but both have viable uses. Truth is undoubtedly better against highly-mobile single targets. Dragon's Breath is great against groups and enemies that will "stand there and take it."

edit: Damnit, beaten. You win this round Kor.

HAHA! I'm coming for your status of resident Guru. It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

He said he got No Land Beyond twice after waiting 20 seconds, so ever since I've been opening it right away since I'd much rather have the shards and energy instead of that POS.

darthbob

Damn, the leaked DLC plans in Gaming!

I hope there's another Expansion Pass for the other packs.

$89.99 Comet Collector's Edition with bonus Rahool action figure + Expansion Pass II
$79.99 Comet Collector's Edition Digital Guardian Edition + Expansion Pass II

Xamdou

Context?

I would say Dragon's breath is great for Area Denial and slow moving groups of targets.

Truth is better for Highly Mobile single targets. Like Minotaurs that blink through rockets. >_<

Well put, thanks! I already have the Hunger Of Crota and Truth, I have a lot of strange coins so I bought the Dragon's Breath. All I need now is that damn Ghalahorn...

My buddy ran VoG for the first time ever last night. I took him through hard mode since he's already 30. His loot:

Timebreaker
Fatebringer
Atheon's Epilogue
Vex Mythoclast
Found Verdict

we aren't friends anymore.

Damn that's the mother of all Vog drops!

fig may have been the first guardian lord - a genuine destiny legend even - but such words are beneath me. i have transcended the worldly distinction of classes. i am hunter of hunters, warlocks and titans all the same; a rainbow of impartial, unprejudiced destruction. my blade cares not who it strikes. my drapes are crafted with the fabrics of those i have freed from a doomed existence.

this juxtaposition is a paradox in itself. a heretic's end awaits he who attempts such a futile comparison.

you're fucked Nami

bucyou55

Banned
So i did a CE raid last night from LFG, as soon as the bridge was cheesed and we got the chest, everyone departed without saying anything. I know they were leaving to avoid ir yut and just getting the crota checkpoint. but thats why i rather play with GAF

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just look forward to this thread eclipsing the Gaming-Side-Destiny-Jaunt-of-the-Day shortly. We're onto listing out WoW raids in there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I heard if you stand on one leg, put one hand on your head, and rub your stomach with the other while getting the end-of-Strike loot you'll have a higher chance at an Exotic you don't already own. True story my uncle works at Bungie.
If you say out loud, "I'm a sassy sassy girl!" to your fireteam, it actually guarantees you an exotic from any unopened chest

Namikaze1

Twilight, eat a snickers.

a shotgun, lag spike and air thrust are required to unleash the beast.

bonus points if she's wielding a gjallarhorn.
Thank god I am on her team.

you're fucked Nami
you're still the best

Namikaze1

You're the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Figures, just done the weekly nightfall, saw an exotic, got excited, it's for fucking hunter (i'm a warlock).
I don't even have an hunter

BokehKing

Banned
I got new ghjallahorn after the chest finally popping up at that door the first time I did it..
My hunter got a cloak
My Titan got a sash

Ever since then nothing but shards

Top Bottom