• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hi GAF, been MIA for the last 3+ days, been really sick =/
First day back is today, I was literally incapacitated for 2 days

Weird weather + Stomach Flu...

SkylineRKR

I agree, Gorgons Maze wasn't great but it broke the action a bit. It was pretty chill between long encounters.

Also got the Raid Fusion Rifle right before the reset next morning. Its awesome! I only need Hunger and Ir Yut now.

border

If any low level wants to tag along for the beginning parts of CE tomorrow, feel free. I'm going to solo it myself and all you have to do is stand at the entrance and collect the goodies when I beat it myself. The first phase I may die a couple times depending on how the lamp launches me. There's been a couple times it launched me right in the middle of like 20 Thralls. When I die you have to kill yourself too so I can restart.

What time are you running it? I would like to come along. I can actually solo my way up to Deathsinger, but I'd like a second person to try for the Shrieker chest. Not having much success on my own.

I also need it x2 I believe, 7:30 works for me if it does with GK

If you guys are doing VoG HM around 7:30 pm EST, I am down if you guys need 1 more. Still hunting that foil. Lvl32 Hunter and lvl31 Warlock

Hope you feel better soon! Kinda weird not seeing your name online haha

I agree, Gorgons Maze wasn't great but it broke the action a bit. It was pretty chill between long encounters.

Also got the Raid Fusion Rifle right before the reset next morning. Its awesome! I only need Hunger and Ir Yut now.

The platforming and also the long drop to the maze were fun too.

CE doesn't have anything like that except for the fall into the hellmouth which takes about 10 seconds.

Arrrammis

What a strange bug.

It's actually not so much a bug as bad design with the perks. The raid weapons all have the "Extra damage to hive majors" perk. This damage is delivered via an additional non-critical tick of damage, which interrupts the black hammer's three critical hit streak. Black Hammer needs 3 critical hits in a row without any non-crit hits to proc, but the extra tick of white damage from the extra damage perk always interrupts the streak, making it impossible to get the proc against hive majors once you buy the perk. It's a pretty lazy way to implement that damage, but it would work fine if they found a way to make black hammer ignore the extra damage tick.

realcZk

Who are you? Are you on my PSN friends list? I don't even know you anymore.

Yeah, 7:30pm works for me tonight. I'll be running ROC strikes til then. See you two characters then.

lol man im just getting burnt out... not even looking forward to the weekly i dont even know why i want to do it, i have way too many coins

what patch is that?

was just joking that they probably have to push out a patch to give everyone the free cryptarch stuff or it would have been done by now if it was as simple as pushing it out on their servers

If you guys are doing VoG HM around 7:30 pm EST, I am down if you guys need 1 more. Still hunting that foil. Lvl32 Hunter and lvl31 Warlock

i probably wont stick around for that but we'll see

Greenymac

You dont even want Ir Yut. IMO it sucks. Huge Clip, but the onlygood perk is that it shoots through knights shields and that is totally situational and truthfully their shields arent a big problem. I have one fully upgraded and tore down the other for radiant energy.

lol man im just getting burnt out... not even looking forward to the weekly i dont even know why i want to do it, i have way too many coins

was just joking that they probably have to push out a patch to give everyone the free cryptarch stuff or it would have been done by now if it was as simple as pushing it out on their servers

i probably wont stick around for that but we'll see

what time from now are you planning? Kinda assumed it was 7:30 pm EST :p

Anyone need to do any Nightfalls and/or Weeklies before the reset (PS4)? I have 2 Weeklies and 1 Nightfall. Starting one of my weeklies now.

PSN: Leonidas2123

It's actually not so much a bug as bad design with the perks. The raid weapons all have the "Extra damage to hive majors" perk. This damage is delivered via an additional non-critical tick of damage, which interrupts the black hammer's three critical hit streak. Black Hammer needs 3 critical hits in a row without any non-crit hits to proc, but the extra tick of white damage from the extra damage perk always interrupts the streak, making it impossible to get the proc against hive majors once you buy the perk. It's a pretty lazy way to implement that damage, but it would work fine if they found a way to make black hammer ignore the extra damage tick.
That's hilarious in a way.....wow Bungie plz

LTWood12

out of curiosity, how many hard atheon runs did it take most people here to get Vex? I've beaten Atheon on hard probably six or seven times and no luck. I've played w/ many who've gotten it on their second or third try. Gave it three shots this week :(

gdt

With the right weapons( Gjallarhorn, ice breaker, black hammer) strikes bosses go down so fast IMO. Throw a Weapons of Light in there and baby we got a stew going!

Nowadays I think their health is fine, but I know not everyone has these weapons.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You dont even want Ir Yut. IMO it sucks. Huge Clip, but the onlygood perk is that it shoots through knights shields and that is totally situational and truthfully their shields arent a big problem. I have one fully upgraded and tore down the other for radiant energy.

That's the only raid weapon I want nowadays. Sad to hear it sucks. Then again, a rocket launcher is almost always better than a HMG.

Yup. That's the funnest encounter in the game

I don't know about the raids cause they might be difficult but they're definitely doable but some of the nightfalls are so unbalanced that you have no choice but to hide in a room and "cheese" them. I think Bungie knows this and that's why they won't close areas like the Phogoth room.

I've said before that I would pay money to watch Bungie devs do "Nightfall, The Way it's Meant to Be Done" Live streamed each week.

I suspect they have play tested closing of Phogoth entrance and couldn't beat it, so they left it open.

out of curiosity, how many hard atheon runs did it take most people here to get Vex? I've beaten Atheon on hard probably six or seven times and no luck. I've played w/ many who've gotten it on their second or third try. Gave it three shots this week :(

About 10 for my first Vex.

cilonen

care to share some highlights?

No probs, it's in my Youtube app so not sure how I link across directly...

Commenter #1 (2 months ago): I don't play Destiny any more, it was over-hyped, I used to enjoy it but now it's just luck and farming for hours, I think that's a waste of money and a waste of time

Reply to above: how many hours did you play? Rushing to 20 takes 6 hours MINIMUM. So how is it a waste of money when a lot of shitty linear games out barely last that on first time play through?

Original Commenter, responding 15 hours ago: Mate you fucking reply a year later. fuck off you dumb cunt it wasn't my first time playing it...

Despite the ellipses he doesn't continue. I love the passive aggressive use of the word mate before calling him a dumb cunt.

A comment a bit further down: I hate you. Please go play in the street. I'm so tired of making idiot decisions (like dismantling exotic items because you don't have that class made yet, that's what the vault is for -_-)

This seems to be a problem of the commenter's own making, here.

This is complete bullshit. I also think you were the bullshit artist that started this rumor. You milked me like you milked your fans --:(

Another fucking child... Destiny seems to be full of kids.. I'm becoming to hate this game.. This game should have an M rating to get rid of these annoying fuckers.

I gave up at that point.

That's the only raid weapon I want nowadays. Sad to hear it sucks. Then again, a rocket launcher is almost always better than a HMG.

Afraid it's true. It doesn't have anything that screams 'raid weapon' going on about it. If you don't have an arc mg it's fine but I'm generally underwhelmed with the raid shotgun and mg so far. Fusion rifle is good though.

Took me one.

EL CUCO

No joke, Vex has only dropped once for me after about 30+ "loot-able" hard mode clears.

Lima

Being a Sherpa in Crota's End is all kinds of crazy. I took the most random ass group through it today. 4 level 27's and a 29. So I went on my way and played it solo like a couple times before and basically just told them to either hide or die. One guy was stunned how I took down Crota's by myself. Man that was fun. Free loot for everyone. I guess I will do this more often until hard mode comes out. Keeps it interesting.

Dazzler

Being a Sherpa in Crota's End is all kinds of crazy. I took the most random ass group through it today. 4 level 27's and a 29. So I went on my way and played it solo like a couple times before and basically just told them to either hide or die. One guy was stunned how I took down Crota's by myself. Man that was fun. Free lot for everyone. I guess I will do this more often until hard mode comes out. Keeps it interesting.

Man I'd love to have someone like you around to take me through it for my first run haha

are you on PSN?

So when we unlock the Hive damage perk for Black Hammer we shouldn't enable it?

Bogeypop

Alright! I finished all the Story Mission Bounties I was hoarding because I was too lazy to do them, now I just need to do my Weekly and I'll be set for the reset later tonight! Any other procrastinators want to run it with me?

Hope you're feeling better, we need our Swordbearer at 100%!
Assuming you even want to run it with us
9XFoHAT.png

ocean

Banned
Can I join the Nightfall at 26? I'd check myself but I need to complete Eris bounties to go in by myself.

I'd like to join a group then swap out at the end to my Hunter but I don't remember if minimum level is 26 or 27.

Low double digits for me. Might've actually been my 10th on the button. Pretty much all of the guys I raid with have done it even more than that yet I'm the only one it has dropped for.

And I'd trade it straight up for a Hawkmoon without hesitation.

It dropped for me on Hard Mode clear number 43.

That was last week and I've been playing since VoG was available. Hard mode about 2 weeks after.

Top Bottom