• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

10917208_341386182734808_7934334247434788748_o.jpg

thumbsupcomputerkid.gif

STOP SHOWING OFF THE ONLY GUN I STILL KINDA WANT

agreed. planet destiny feels more proffessional and I enjoy thier videos more. I also like Morning after kills destiny videos. more goofy but that laugh gets me everytime. It was pretty funny watching him down omnigul on the nightfall in like 7 seconds.

I actually like More console, I thought he was a douche at first but the more I watched it he's way more laid back and just having fun.

Does their AP of 300 still make them good options? I've opted for a similarly spec'd 331 Scout Rifle (The Calling) over Vision of Confluence. Does that make me a Destiny Dummy?

I'm still using fatebringer and VoC but I'm also trying to force myself to use higher attack weapons. They're just so fucking good though. I haven't even gotten a HC to drop since the expansion. It's sad but in a few months when house of wolves is out they'll be completely worthless for high level stuff. so I guess it's good to try and find other weapons and see what works for you

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If any low level wants to tag along for the beginning parts of CE tomorrow, feel free. I'm going to solo it myself and all you have to do is stand at the entrance and collect the goodies when I beat it myself. The first phase I may die a couple times depending on how the lamp launches me. There's been a couple times it launched me right in the middle of like 20 Thralls. When I die you have to kill yourself too so I can restart.

LiK

Fun PVP today. We dominated.

If any low level wants to tag along for the beginning parts of CE tomorrow, feel free. I'm going to solo it myself and all you have to do is stand at the entrance and collect the goodies when I beat it myself. The first phase I may die a couple times depending on how the lamp launches me. There's been a couple times it launched me right in the middle of like 20 Thralls. When I die you have to kill yourself too so I can restart.

Ill join you if I see you on. I don't mind free goodies. :p

ocean

Banned
Not for me? Just did it.
It is a very specific scenario that's broken:

If you crit a Hive Major but don't kill it in one shot, the Hive Disruptor "perk" deals a 10% extra damage. This damage is white (not crit) and resets the counter on the sniper's crits, thus preventing you from refilling the mag.

It's the little white damage along with your crit messing things up. Since it's only 10% a lot of people have suggested skipping that perk until it gets fixed.

Maybe if the interceptor did anything. I'd rather use any other gun. I never see anyone hop in them to use them. Regular cabal enemies take multiple shots to down. If it were anything like the scorpion, I'd agree with you.

Well that cabal encounter was designed with the original interceptor in mind. After the beta, Bungie nerfed it to hell in PvP AND in PvE, making it worthless.

And it's one out of only three total driveable vehicles in the game. Shame.

I watched it and I commented on his suggestions earlier. Basically he wants to make the encounter too hard to be a casual video game IMO.

Datto's answer to everything: Git gud

Also, he's said things to the like of "Destiny is an MMO and people complain because they have never played an MMO before so too bad for them."

Just because the genre you're taking inspiration from has inherently shitty aspects (RNG, grind, etc.) doesn't mean you should keep them.

agreed. planet destiny feels more proffessional and I enjoy thier videos more. I also like Morning after kills destiny videos. more goofy but that laugh gets me everytime. It was pretty funny watching him down omnigul on the nightfall in like 7 seconds.

I've never heard of Planet Destiny before. I'll check them out, thanks for the suggestion.

Having primaries with elemental damage is still a major boost for Burn activities. Having FB, VoC and AE makes burns a lot easier. Like, a lot. Even at 300 attack, FB will do more damage than any other primary in the game during Arc Burn by a long shot. Same goes for the others.
Yeah, if it's an elemental weapon type it definitely gets use for Burns. I was more or less concerned with everyday usage. For me it's Vex Mythoclast 80% of the time, The Calling for 20%.

ocean

Banned
Don't know what to say, it's been working for me recently, and I remember hating it for that before. The only thing that gets in the way is shields and 2 shot kills, only because I have to find another target quickly.
So just to be clear: when attacking Hive Majors that don't die in one shot, you're getting the bonus damage AND not interrupting White Nail? That'd be good news :)

R0ckman

Datto's answer to everything: Git gud

Also, he's said things to the like of "Destiny is an MMO and people complain because they have never played an MMO before so too bad for them."

Just because the genre you're taking inspiration from has inherently shitty aspects (RNG, grind, etc.) doesn't mean you should keep them.

There was something he said in his video where I just stopped listening... Oh yeah, the zero game design experience but I'll give my input anyway thing. In a FPS what can you do to get better in a strike? Hide behind a rock and recover more times? Run around with the best weapons that you need to depend on RNG to get? In order to fix some of these issues Bungie has to look into fixing the entire system of Destiny, I doubt that will happen. The games entire dependence on RNG and grinding would have to stop.

Mindlog

You may already know, but for everyone this is a good video.
VIDEO
Much more reliable than the original versions that popped up.

I can solo it traditional style, but I'm switching to jumping while I work on my flawless solo runs.
Maybe if the interceptor did anything. I'd rather use any other gun. I never see anyone hop in them to use them. Regular cabal enemies take multiple shots to down. If it were anything like the scorpion, I'd agree with you.
Main gun doesn't do enough damage, but the Interceptor itself is an excellent steamroller. Just run over bosses and stronger enemies to save a lot of time.
Then get out of your tank to snipe the enemy tank -_-

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think it's fine if it doesn't work on the knights. Knights tend to move the hell around anyway. Plus they go down way before three shots. I kill them in no more than 2 shots. Black Hammer works especially well against the ogres in the second part of CE. Basically hit them once and kill shooting until they are dead. With the icebreaker, ammo runs out and you're like fuck.

^That's basically been done already also. You can get launched from either the first or second set of rocks and either method is not 100% success. I've done runs where I position myself exactly the same as my previous success and still get launched incorrectly.

What a strange bug.

It is not a bug. It is Bungie and some Ivy league college working on a psychological experiment.

Destiny is 100% working as intended. This is just a 500 million dollar social experiment to see how the masses react to different things.

Has to be, no reason for bugs like this to exist otherwise.

Top Bottom