• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

I actually like the defense horde mode missions. This game is at its best when it's all about the gunplay, imo. I hated the gorgon/jumping maze crap of VoG.

I'm not arguing they should be done away with, just that they shouldn't be the only thing the campaign and strikes have to offer. Just a little variety would be welcome.

out of curiosity, how many hard atheon runs did it take most people here to get Vex? I've beaten Atheon on hard probably six or seven times and no luck. I've played w/ many who've gotten it on their second or third try. Gave it three shots this week :(

My friend did it for first time, he was actually down the whole time because he joined mid way and he has never touched a relic so far and has a hard time destroying oracles, and he got the Vex. I wish I had recorded the verbal beating he got lol.

Midas

It is extremely rare. I've played 213 hours and never gotten one. I've only even seen exotics rewarded three times total.

Yeah. It happened to me twice, but only from control. But I'm tired of playing with people who doesn't know how to play. So I'd rather play rumble or something, if exotics can drop there. :)

Man, this whole last weekend has been rough as far as PvP goes.

Hawkmoons everywhere, and anyone who doesn't have a Hawkmoon has a Thorn.

What really confuses me is that I know Hawkmoons are just a RNG drop, so how does everyone have them? Or at least everyone I keep getting pitting against.

Made for some rough matches, too. Hawkmoon is the kind of weapon that if someone catches you off guard with one, chances are you are dead before you can react.

Glad it's not just me - I saw a ton of Hawkmoons this weekend, too.

Jinjo

Can I join the Nightfall at 26? I'd check myself but I need to complete Eris bounties to go in by myself.

I'd like to join a group then swap out at the end to my Hunter but I don't remember if minimum level is 26 or 27.

You have to be 27 to even join. It's always a three level deficit that's allowed.

stb

I need to do the first parts of VoG HM and Crota anything going down later? I'm sick of all these invited to finish the final bosses in the raids.

I think DaveS and I were gonna try to do HM VoG later. I'd *like* to start at oracles because Spires just wastes 10 minutes.

1) stb
2) Dave_6
3) Coconut
4) iRAWRasaurus
5) iRAWRasaurus's pal
6)

Anyone else wanna sign up for HM VoG starting at 7:30-ish Eastern? I wanna jet through it, so I'm gonna be that guy and request only those familiar with it (and leveled/geared) sign up.

Reset Squad

Dhruv will be on 2.5 hours after reset. So we will be raiding starting at 6:30am EST or so.

Crew so far:
1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. Kartik21 (Auto_Aim)
3. PikaPuff (Owlalicious)
4. Dhruv_Hanom
5. Namikazie
6. Ocean

Kartik and Pika do you want to do weekly and nightfall at reset?

Kydd BlaZe

out of curiosity, how many hard atheon runs did it take most people here to get Vex? I've beaten Atheon on hard probably six or seven times and no luck. I've played w/ many who've gotten it on their second or third try. Gave it three shots this week :(
Took me 30+ attempts. Was starting to lose hope at one point. I didn't get the Vex until the week before the DLC dropped. I've received two more Vex Mythoclasts since then as well.

RNG gonna RNG

E92 M3

I've actually been practicing using the white nail perk against multiple enemies and it's a lot of fun. I love weapons like black hammer and fate bringer because their perks make you want to get better at shooting.

I agree, but if we have too much fun Bungie will notice and "change" things...a constant paranoia of mine.

zewone

After using the exotic pistols in PVP a ton this weekend my new rankings:

Rumble/Skirmish:
1. The Last Word
2. Hawkmoon
3. Thorn

Control/Clash:
1. Thorn
2. Hawkmoon
3. The Last Word

Namikaze1

Reset Squad

Dhruv will be on 2.5 hours after reset. So we will be raiding starting at 6:30am EST or so.

Crew so far:
1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. Kartik21 (Auto_Aim)
4. Dhruv_Hanom
5. Namikazie
6. Ocean

That gives me time to do Nightfall across all three and get the first chest as well. Gonna go in with my Warlock.

ocean

Banned
Reset Squad

Crew so far:
1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. Kartik21 (Auto_Aim)
4. Dhruv_Hanom
5. Namikazie
6. Ocean

Much to my chagrin I won't be able to run with this beastly team. I have class tomorrow morning. I was home for the holidays and just got back to France and the time difference, hey lag and fatigue fucked with my mind: when I wrote yesterday I thought reset was gonna be this morning :p

Best of luck! I'll have to wait until nighttime to run :(

purg3

slept with Malkin

I think it took me maybe 12 or so hardmode clears to get the vex. I just remembered getting it after it was nerfed. This week I ran it 3 times and got 3 Vex's, no joke. Violence was wished upon me by my raid group lol.

But then again I just got Fatebringer this week...After running VoG 3x every week...

Hey guys,

I got about an hour before I head off to sleep.

Does anyone want to cheese Crota before the reset?

I will be doing the exiting.

Let me know if anyone is interested before I turn my PS4 on.

Hey Mandrake, I've got a couple characters with the Crota checkpoint and I'm on right now, I'd be interested in getting a couple kills in. Haven't had too much time to kill Crota this week, with the holidays and all.

Trakan

Eris Rank 3 I am still about 1100 rep away. Then can get another character to 32. Really happy with my rolls. Exorics really boost the armour arrangements. Not looking forward to farming black wax idols which will likely become a thing soon enough.

I'm hoping for your sake you meant Eris rank 4.

Reset Squad

Crew so far:
1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. Kartik21 (Auto_Aim)
4. Dhruv_Hanom
5. Namikazie
6. Ocean

I can take Ocean's spot if you need one. 6:30 is actually a reasonable time for me. PSN - Dr_LawyerCop.

SkylineRKR

how about motherfuckers with Plan C's?

I can bring Light of the Abyss now. Can also bring PI and Plan C itself. But Plan C has become sort of moot with Murmur and Abyss around now... still a force but its exotic status diminished somewhat imo. I never use it for anything anymore.

BokehKing

Banned
Hello Guardians

I need help with 3 quests today, two of them will be attempted at level 30 difficulty for max rewards (filaments, ascendant material and xp) the other being the heroic daily.

What two brave souls will do this with me?

I am a level 31 sunbro, but I can't go at it alone.

1)me
2)
3)

Glad it's not just me - I saw a ton of Hawkmoons this weekend, too.

Honestly, I posted that as sort of a way of fishing to see if anyone else noticed it to make sure it wasn't just some twisted selection bias.

I'm keeping an eye out for it this weekend. If I keep seeing them around, knowing Bungie, the Hawkmoon will get a nerf in a couple of weeks.

I will admit, owning a Hawkmoon, the two separate perks should not be able to proc at the same time for a 1HKO, that just isn't fair, in any situation.

Dave_6

I think DaveS and I were gonna try to do HM VoG later. I'd *like* to start at oracles because Spires just wastes 10 minutes.

1) stb
2) Dave_6
3) Coconut
4)
5)
6)

Anyone else wanna sign up for HM VoG starting at 7:30-ish Eastern? I wanna jet through it, so I'm gonna be that guy and request only those familiar with it (and leveled/geared) sign up.

I need shards but it's okay if you want to skip the first part. I need to take my Titan through a normal one anyways and can still run another hard one with my Warlock.

I can bring Light of the Abyss now. Can also bring PI and Plan C itself. But Plan C has become sort of moot with Murmur and Abyss around now... still a force but its exotic status diminished somewhat imo. I never use it for anything anymore.

I've had a couple of Light Bewares with faster charge rates than plan C but plan C has better overall stats. Ligh of the Abyss charges super fast but plan c is still better imo

Top Bottom