• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

stb

out of curiosity, how many hard atheon runs did it take most people here to get Vex? I've beaten Atheon on hard probably six or seven times and no luck. I've played w/ many who've gotten it on their second or third try. Gave it three shots this week :(

I got the Vex on my very first HM run. I felt the requisite guilt.

zewone

Honestly, I posted that as sort of a way of fishing to see if anyone else noticed it to make sure it wasn't just some twisted selection bias.

I'm keeping an eye out for it this weekend. If I keep seeing them around, knowing Bungie, the Hawkmoon will get a nerf in a couple of weeks.

I will admit, owning a Hawkmoon, the two separate perks should not be able to proc at the same time for a 1HKO, that just isn't fair, in any situation.

I don't think the 1HKO happens enough for it to be an issue. I've played so many hours of of PVP, I think I've been 1HKO'd by a Hawkmoon twice in all that time.

If anything, a much needed look at Fusion Rifles as a weapon class is more necessary. I've bee 1HKO from distances way too far, way too many times.

So, Hawkmoon wins?

If you're too lazy to switch between modes, sure. lol

Carn82

in other news, three days of Destiny got me Husk of the Pit, and more: Gjallarhorn, Atheons Epilogue (yup, virgin raider :p) and Three Little Words which dropped, while I also finished up the Thorn bounty and I bought the Satierenne Rapier. Not bad mmmkay.

I think DaveS and I were gonna try to do HM VoG later. I'd *like* to start at oracles because Spires just wastes 10 minutes.

1) stb
2) Dave_6
3) Coconut
4)
5)
6)

Anyone else wanna sign up for HM VoG starting at 7:30-ish Eastern? I wanna jet through it, so I'm gonna be that guy and request only those familiar with it (and leveled/geared) sign up.
Me and friend want to do this. So that's 6 people now?
Edit: glimmer farming right now

Ganhyun

Ran the crota raid twice with my two warlocks to try and get some raid gear. Got a second gauntlets drop. nothing else of note.

Why does RNG hate me for raid armor?

Why do randoms insist on rushing around like idiots in Skirmish? Giving the other team free kills.
That makes me very very mad. It's totally against the game type and baffles me how some people can be that ignorant. Hell, even the Crucible announcer mentions to stick together for Skirmish.

That gives me time to do Nightfall across all three and get the first chest as well. Gonna go in with my Warlock.

Sounds good. Let's chat in the morning and see who wants to group up for Nightfalls and such at reset. I'll be doing the double bounty trick to start.

Much to my chagrin I won't be able to run with this beastly team. I have class tomorrow morning. I was home for the holidays and just got back to France and the time difference, hey lag and fatigue fucked with my mind: when I wrote yesterday I thought reset was gonna be this morning :p

Best of luck! I'll have to wait until nighttime to run :(

No worries!

I'm hoping for your sake you meant Eris rank 4.

Hahaha yeah

stb

Me and friend want to do this. So that's 6 people now?
Edit: glimmer farming right now

Added you. That gives us 5, unless I've missed someone.

1) stb
2) Dave_6
3) Coconut
4) iRAWRasaurus
5) iRAWRasaurus's pal
6)

Anyone else wanna sign up for HM VoG starting at 7:30-ish Eastern? I wanna jet through it, so I'm gonna be that guy and request only those familiar with it (and leveled/geared) sign up.

Added you. That gives us 5, unless I've missed someone.

1) stb
2) Dave_6
3) Coconut
4) iRAWRasaurus
5) iRAWRasaurus's pal
6)

Dude, me! Da hell... Lol

I don't think the 1HKO happens enough for it to be an issue. I've played so many hours of of PVP, I think I've been 1HKO'd by a Hawkmoon twice in all that time.

If anything, a much needed look at Fusion Rifles as a weapon class is more necessary. I've bee 1HKO from distances way too far, way too many times.

Fusion rifles need to be balanced slightly different.

All current special weapons have a 1HKO factor to them.

Shotguns up close
Fusion Rifles mid
Snipers at range

The problem is Fusion rifles shouldn't work up close. The damage from a single Fusion "bullet" should do more damage the further it travels, giving it a sweet spot of sorts that is somewhere around AR range.

Then, on top of that make Special ammo slightly more scarce so that I can't use a fusion rifle as a primary weapon if I want to.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Do you guys think that 300 weapons like Fatebringer and VoC will still be viable in CE hard mode, or do you think you we are going to need a 331 primary?

zewone

Fusion rifles need to be balanced slightly different.

All current special weapons have a 1HKO factor to them.

Shotguns up close
Fusion Rifles mid
Snipers at range

The problem is Fusion rifles shouldn't work up close. The damage from a single Fusion "bullet" should do more damage the further it travels, giving it a sweet spot of sorts that is somewhere around AR range.

Then, on top of that make Special ammo slightly more scarce so that I can't use a fusion rifle as a primary weapon if I want to.
Sure, I could live with that. And I wouldn't mind seeing less special ammo. You shouldn't be able to run around with a shotgun, fusion, or sniper as a primary (unless you use your exotic slot on Mythoclast, Universal Remote, NLB of course).

I missed my chance to get Ruin Wings, I didn't know they were gonna be as good as people are saying, I'm a dumbass

Accurate. (j/k)

LiK

Still have to beat Urzok...chances of beating it by myself are very slim.

Arc Heavy will take him down quick. Since Nami is joining, just use the Crota HMG. I used that unupgraded and killed him fast with just one other random with me. Took less than 30 seconds.

Do you guys think that 300 weapons like Fatebringer and VoC will still be viable in CE hard mode, or do you think you we are going to need a 331 primary?

I think the way the damage calculation works they become progressively worse as you fight enemies above level 30 even if your own light level is higher.. Hard mode is going to be level 33 to 34 enemies. Probably not going to be very effective.

noomi

Can't wait for the reset tomorrow . Those resets creating a false hope :/

I know man, me too.

This is my last post for tonight, see you at reset dude. May RNGesus shine his light upon us tomorrow, I know you are still hunting the black hammer. Hoping for a Hawkmoon tomorrow!

I missed my chance to get Ruin Wings, I didn't know they were gonna be as good as people are saying, I'm a dumbass
Is it, though? I thought some GAFfers here have been saying it is glitched and doesn't rain heavy weapon ammo. More like a drought, then a surge, then more drought.

SkylineRKR

I think the way the damage calculation works they become progressively worse as you fight enemies above level 30 even if your own light level is higher.. Hard mode is going to be level 33 to 34 enemies. Probably not going to be very effective.

They still have that elemental thing going on. I think they'll do fine next to kinetic weapons with 14.5% more damage.

Can't wait for the reset tomorrow . Those resets creating a false hope :/

Don't give up hope! I was like you last week. I had given up hope on ever getting the Horn. Thought, these resets just keep setting me up for sadness.

First thing I did on the reset was hop into Crota's End and grab the first chest by myself...got the fucking Lollerhorn! Miracles do happen!

But now I know I am going to be doomed to an eternity of purples with shitty rolls from here on out.

Don't give up hope! I was like you last week. I had given up hope on ever getting the Horn. Thought, these resets just keep setting me up for sadness.

First thing I did on the reset was hop into Crota's End and grab the first chest by myself...got the fucking Lollerhorn! Miracles do happen!

But now I know I am going to be doomed to an eternity of purples with shitty rolls from here on out.

But you will do so with an epic heavy so it is alright.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hope you feel better soon! Kinda weird not seeing your name online haha

What weird sight it would've been not me logging on for 3 days straight

Oh so that's why I was able to get an exotic from the gorgons chest yesterday... You weren't getting all of them.

You got a lucky week...
I'll be stronger than ever before

Feeling better?

Yeah, still taking it slow, missed 3 days which felt like an eternity away from Destiny

Hope you're feeling better, we need our Swordbearer at 100%! http://i.imgur.com/9XFoHAT.png

Yeah I should be ready to go
Took way too much medicine and got enough sleep to even make a lion go WTF? that much sleep is unhealthy

The Destiny app on iOS has an update. Normally these updates have coincided with a main game patch. Could it be we are getting a new version tomorrow? I'm not particularly hopeful, but just maybe...

Top Bottom