• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Shito

They fixed the hiding spot if that's the question.
No, they didn't.
I always go for it when playing ROC strikes... ^^

I expected him, didn't expect the burn.
Shouldn't be too much of a problem, though, it's relatively easy to skip huge parts of it, and the one part you can't skip can be cheesed with Ice Breaker.

This Nightfall is very easy compared to Omnigul. Icebreaker is all you need.
Heh, yeah. :)

Good start to the week!

Helm of Saint-14 on first Nightfall run. Wooooo!

122 max intellect!

With that I have my perfect Titan build to switch to 100% intellect or discipline at anytime and stay at 32. While strength sits at 75% no matter what. Love it.

Jinjo

Nightfall gave me a legendary heavy engram which turned into...3 ascendant energy. Dammit.

Legendary engram and strange coins rewards should be removed from the nightfall loot table. It's the worst of the worst. Throw in some radiant mats there Bungie. Even the description says you can get it from there.

Good start to the week!

Helm of Saint-14 on first. Nightfall run. Wooooo!

122 max intellect!

Damn, that's a nice Saint-14. I"m still a bit miffed my old Inmost Light helm had more strength than the upgraded Xur version. My old one had the mother of all rolls, with a whopping 111 strength. It was awesome. New one only has like 106.

Namikaze1

Legendary engram and strange coins rewards should be removed from the nightfall loot table. It's the worst of the worst. Throw in some radiant mats there Bungie. Even the description says you can get it from there.
Legendary engrams, Strange Coins, Ass shards, and Ass Energy should be taken out as possible rewards.

Lima

Lol Datto just died in Nightfall at the end doing it the "correct way". And this is why you go in as a group and cheese my friend.

SkylineRKR

Ass stuff should be replaced with radiant stuff.

I believe Radiant can drop. But its only 3 or so. Some people have claimed it.

But yeah, Coins aren't even legendary, ass mats lost their value since Exotics changed and new Raid gear. Its not end game material.

Damn, that's a nice Saint-14. I"m still a bit miffed my old Inmost Light helm had more strength than the upgraded Xur version. My old one had the mother of all rolls, with a whopping 111 strength. It was awesome. New one only has like 106.

Yeah, some I've seen from other people are in the low 90s. Super pumped.

Bogeypop

First Nightfall. 10 coins. Would rather take that than the other two people getting Legendaries. The calling dropped from a Legendary engram with great perks so I still got something else. :)

I wish to bear the sword.

If you guys are up for Crota (though I assume you just joined other groups) we just finished ours. Dunno if any members from my static would be willing to jump on their alts and help.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Does the first chest in CE only give out Radiant shards and energy cos that's all I've ever gotten from it.

First chest is the most likely to drop an exotic.

I'm about to finish second part of CE. If any group wants to help me get the second chest and then kill Crota afterwards let me know.

Bogeypop

I'm up for 2 more Crotas

That's three assuming Kadey wants to join up with us since they're soloing it right now.

Oh and as always everyone, congrats on a speedy raid! Think that was our fastest yet! All I got was a bunch of Energy, a few Shards, and the Black Hammer.

EDIT: Apparently I got the raid Ship as well, was waiting for me at Postmaster

Another week another useless Crota run. Nothing but Shards/Energy. My Titan is stuck at 31 for another week. Don't even care to run it with my Warlock/Hunter.

Shito

Legendary engrams, Strange Coins, Ass shards, and Ass Energy should be taken out as possible rewards.
I'm fine with it giving strange coins, but it should always give 12 of them.
Completing the weekly nets me 9 coins *AND* 3 blue engrams. Nightfall should guarantee more than that.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Second character gets a plan c first chest, which I got from it two weeks ago. My roommate received a...universal remote! Right after I got mine on my other character. The hell...

Jinjo

Lol Datto just died in Nightfall at the end doing it the "correct way". And this is why you go in as a group and cheese my friend.

If he wants to do it without cheesing and gets satisfaction out of that, then he can go right ahead, great for him. The problem is his mightier/holier than thou attitude about the whole thing.

The replies on his vid are absolute comedy gold. Some dude called him out on being a skinny pale white dude and not some holy being lmao.

Sullichin

Dupe Apothesis Veil from Nightfall #1. The horn continues to elude me.

I used the rafters spot posted on Reddit in the NF and did it solo. His rockets killed me once up there so I was very happy to have Radiance. It's a better spot than under the stairs because you can get crit shots / fire rockets consistently.

But holy shit this is Sponge strike. Cabal with Angry looks ridiculous. They're just statues when you shoot them. Everything has a lot of health. Nothing worse than hitting a phalanx shield with a rocket.

Shito

Obsidian Mind from the NF.

Heard good things about it, but not a lot of use whilst I'm rocking Praxic.
You're kidding?
Praxic is a great Sunsinger exotic, Obsidian is the best Voidwalker exotic. You're now covered on both fronts! You lucky. ^^

IHaveIce

Banned
Someday someone has to pull me through one of these raids never finished any, hav crpa weapons except Icebreaker, plan c and a legendary fusion rifle.

:(

Jinjo

Dupe Apothesis Veil from Nightfall #1. The horn continues to elude me.

I used the rafters spot posted on Reddit in the NF and did it solo. His rockets killed me once up there so I was very happy to have Radiance. It's a better spot than under the stairs because you can get crit shots / fire rockets consistently.

But holy shit this is Sponge strike. Cabal with Angry looks ridiculous. They're just statues when you shoot them. Everything has a lot of health. Nothing worse than hitting a phalanx shield with a rocket.

That's the new cheese spot underneath/next to the stair on the right side of the room right? He gets locked in animation trying to stomp you? Have a mind on trying that one this week. Under the stairs on the left is really annoying with the lack of sightlines and mobs obstructing your view.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just got second part. Anybody wants to get the second chest?

Got raid boots from my troubles so far. Just need helmet for Warlock now and will be set for 32. :)

Bogeypop

Just realized I have more than enough Energies and Black Wax Idols to turn them into Shards, and get to lvl 32. Dunno if I like some of the rolls on my raid gear. Think I'm pretty happy with my Chest Piece though.

Anyone up for Nightfall? I rather not attempt soloing again. Fucking error kicked me out at the end.

I'll join up too, looks like this 2nd Crota group might not be happening.

Sullichin

That's the new cheese spot underneath/next to the stair on the right side of the room right? He gets locked in animation trying to stomp you? Have a mind on trying that one this week. Under the stairs on the left is really annoying with the lack of sightlines and mobs obstructing your view.
No, You jump up on one of the circular light things hanging from the ceiling on the left side. I don't know what cheese you're talking about.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just realized I have more than enough Energies and Black Wax Idols to turn them into Shards, and get to lvl 32. Dunno if I like some of the rolls on my raid gear. Think I'm pretty happy with my Chest Piece though.

I'll join up too, looks like this 2nd Crota group might not be happening.

Looks like we're more than halfway there. Just need one or two more people.

Top Bottom