• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

1 question, 1 comment:

Question: The gorgon chest. How many times per week can that be looted per character? Can it be looted twice (once on normal and once on hard)? I know the other chests can only be looted once but I've heard conflicting information on this chest and have never tried looting it more than once per week per character.

Comment: I forget who it was, but someone yesterday said Ruin Wings were useless. All I know is that yesterday I equipped them and it was raining heavy ammo. I did some quick patrol in the divide waiting for a sword bearer... after a couple mins of killing some low level adds, it looked like a sea of purple shit all around me. Did an Eris mission, same thing. I've heard it's "bugged," but it sure didn't seem like it yesterday.
The Gorgon chest works like the VoG bosses. You can loot once on normal and then again on hard or just once on Hard.

Yay a 4th hunger of crota. It'll go nicely with my 5 light of the abyss fr's. When will it be my turn for Black Hammer. Still need a Crota kill on my Titan and to loot the 1st two CE phases if anyone needs to round out a team. NF run works too.

zewone

1 question, 1 comment:

Question: The gorgon chest. How many times per week can that be looted per character? Can it be looted twice (once on normal and once on hard)? I know the other chests can only be looted once but I've heard conflicting information on this chest and have never tried looting it more than once per week per character.

Comment: I forget who it was, but someone yesterday said Ruin Wings were useless. All I know is that yesterday I equipped them and it was raining heavy ammo. I did some quick patrol in the divide waiting for a sword bearer... after a couple mins of killing some low level adds, it looked like a sea of purple shit all around me. Did an Eris mission, same thing. I've heard it's "bugged," but it sure didn't seem like it yesterday.

Gorgon can be done once on normal and once on hard. If you do it on hard it's a double roll, but most seem to agree that your best chance at an exotic is to do normal then hard.

Ruin Wings da best, man.

Namikaze1

I also got the last raid weapon I needed too.

Nightfall loot: shit

Crota's End Loot: SUROS Regime, Hawkmoon, Red Death, Warlock Raid Boots, Titan Raid Helmet, Light of the Abyss

ff6569a7c9289d6bfff9d7598dc5b32b.jpg

R0ckman

Oh, absolutely, especially on smaller maps. Can't count the number of times I've run around the corner, bumped into an enemy Titan, and gotten him to 15% health only for him to panic pop Fist of Havoc and "win" the confrontation. I think the temporary invulnerability / health boost Titans get upon popping it is total BS considering I don't get anything like that with Golden Gun.

Yeah, the no invincibility for golden gun activation is such BS, it forces you to seriously plan out when to use it or its completely wasted, I basically can only effectively use it during control matches where I'm defending a zone and know enemies are starting to come to the zone.

Dave_6

What's the minimum level needed to be able to get into CE? My Titan is nearly a 27 but CE is still locked yet I have done all of Eris' quests. I just want to be able to get in and solo the first chest.

LiK

Right now, Ruin Wings are my fave for PVE and Stand Asides for PVP. I would like a Raid helm for my Titan so I can switch between them.

Homeboyd

Right now, Ruin Wings are my fave for PVE and Stand Asides for PVP. I would like a Raid helm for my Titan so I can switch between them.
Are you having to unequip/re-equip them to make ruin wings work or do they always work for you?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What's the minimum level needed to be able to get into CE? My Titan is nearly a 27 but CE is still locked yet I have done all of Eris' quests. I just want to be able to get in and solo the first chest.

I dunno, 27? You don't have to do the pre-quests to get into the raid.

Namikaze1

Oh wow, Nami got the helmet. This guy.

I need nami's luck, 6 raids and still no helm :-(

Fucking blessed today

Wow, so that's why you were so silent all off a sudden lol.

Can't complain with my Hard Light though, didn't have that one yet.

Nami always gets everything he wants.
darth-vader-join-me-and-we-will-rule.jpg

Join me, and together we shall get all the loot we want!

Ladies and Gentleman of the court I propose we ban Nami from Destiny.

All in favor say Aye
All oppose say Nay
Nay!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
that looks like a great one, Arc Launchers are the odd one out too with no Exotic. I'd keep thaaat

Yeah. It's my main launcher when I'm not using a Horn and having another exotic fill up another slot.

I basically roll with,

Scout rifle
Icebreaker
Vale

or

Scout rifle
Black Hammer
Horn

Was lucky enough this morning during a nightfall to get this dropped. Now I don't have to buy the rapier that everyone loves.

ixG8Bqx9F6Rt8.png

Yay a 4th hunger of crota. It'll go nicely with my 5 light of the abyss fr's. When will it be my turn for Black Hammer. Still need a Crota kill on my Titan and to loot the 1st two CE phases if anyone needs to round out a team. NF run works too.
If your doing crota again id love to join

I've got the hunger, needing hunger of crota that is

Yeah, the no invincibility for golden gun activation is such BS, it forces you to seriously plan out when to use it or its completely wasted, I basically can only effectively use it during control matches where I'm defending a zone and know enemies are starting to come to the zone.

Yeah, exactly. Need to plan it before entering a room / zone, and then hope that there's enough enemies for it to be efficient, your teammates don't kill them before you can get within range, you don't get sniped / supered by someone else, etc. And if any of that happened and you popped it? Tough shit.

Now imagine you have nova bomb / fist of havoc, it's a different story...

LiK

Are you having to unequip/re-equip them to make ruin wings work or do they always work for you?

They work most of the time for me. Not as bad as some other Gaffers here. Only sucks in Crota fight cuz they drop in the danger zones or where the Knights are so I can't get them there. I see them often enough. Only a few select times they never dropped in some strikes.

But I agree with people that the drops are not as consistent as the perk makes them out to me.

Kydd BlaZe

Finally hit Eris rank 4!!!

Sunsetting shader looks fucking awesome on Titans. Don't really like it on Hunters or Warlocks though.

Gorgon can be done once on normal and once on hard. If you do it on hard it's a double roll, but most seem to agree that your best chance at an exotic is to do normal then hard.

Ruin Wings da best, man.

The Gorgon chest works like the VoG bosses. You can loot once on normal and then again on hard or just once on Hard.

Thanks guys, that makes sense given some of the comments I've heard.

Man, I really need a lot of rad shards to get my Titan to 32 (62 more to be exact). My hunter hit 32 first but I really like the build/play style of my titan better. My warlock still needs the CE chest to hit 32 but I don't see myself getting 125 shards anytime soon.

Yeah. It's my main launcher when I'm not using a Horn and having another exotic fill up another slot.

I basically roll with,

Scout rifle
Icebreaker
Vale

or

Scout rifle
Black Hammer
Horn

Was lucky enough this morning during a nightfall to get this dropped. Now I don't have to buy the rapier that everyone loves.

ixG8Bqx9F6Rt8.png

That is the same scout rifle I have and I like it a lot.

I basically roll with,

Scout rifle
Icebreaker
Vale

or

Scout rifle
Black Hammer
Horn

ixG8Bqx9F6Rt8.png

Awesomeness! I want that Scout rifle too. Rapier first. Then that one.

EL CUCO

Good morning, Blessed RNGesus.

Last week I asked for Shards and coins, you delivered Gjallarhorn (maxed out on day 2), Truth, Dragons Breath, and Red Death. This week on bended knees I offer you praise and lift your name up, for your grace is sufficient. Thank you for providing the tools that allow me to continue the good fight against Rahool the Darkness. I understand that with added power comes added responsibility, so when my fellow Guardians need to be back packed through a Nightfall or Crota's tush, all I am obligated to say is "send me I'll go".
Unless my wife has different plans

With that said, if I may be so bold to ask...that in your infinite wisdom you could provide me with a solid 331 legendary primary this week so I can prepare for Hard Mode Crota and the added spongeyness that it will bring. As you already know in your omniscience, I've been grinding towards the Rapier from Crucible vendor and if that's the path for my legendary 331 primary, I'll be more than content with that. Also, may you hear the words of my Guardian comrades to meet their needs as well, and in thanks, I offer you one Bad Juju as a sacrifice
After I level up my new one

Thank you for listening.
Guardian Lord, El Cuco.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Nice, got a Mida Multitool from my first nightfall today. Needed one of those. 2 more to go, come on GHorn! I can feel it, today will be the day.

Agreed, and I just got the Sunsetting shader yesterday which looks awesome with it.
I honestly don't like the Sunsetting shader, after running around with it. It's too dark. I like the bright and colorful shaders, personally. Is there a neon green shader, ala the new DLC ships? 'Cause that would be sweet.

My only problem with them giving out a set item for the holidays is that you wind up seeing everyone running around with it. Like the DLC trickster speedy bike. As if there wasn't enough homogenization with the gear. Though I understand it's a double-edged sword and even WoW experienced this until transmog came into play.

I started Destiny last week and I'm up to level 13 now. I'm really enjoying the game so far. Story wise I've only done the first moon mission. I like the bite sized nature of the patrols and between that and bounties leveling has been super quick. I'm over leveled for the rest of the story missions but I don't mind, extra gear and stats helps compensate for my lack of skill :(

Just wanted to jump in the thread and say great job with the podcast (and awesome album art Frenden). Since you all asked nicely at the end for people to post in the thread. Of course most of the lore talk was lost on me. Haven't even seen the cabal(?) yet. Hopefully the volume issues get worked out over time but it was an awesome first effort.

That's like 6 or 7 exotic drops in the last couple days. I call bullshit.
In his defensive I did get 4 exotic drops within the last week from roc strikes and cruicble. And 1 exotic today from crota end. All of them has gaf members present expect for 1 which I was playing with some friends. I don't know how RNGesus works but yeah...I can believe it

Homeboyd

I never do. Like all things in this game, it's RNG.
No it's not. This is an upgrade on an exotic armor piece... these are clearly bugged. Playing an entire strike with 1 heavy drop = not working. It's like the heavy weapon boost on arma/raid boots etc where it actually HURTS you using them when you die. People reporting unequipping/re-equipping makes a world of difference, just haven't tried yet.

They work most of the time for me. Not as bad as some other Gaffers here. Only sucks in Crota fight cuz they drop in the danger zones or where the Knights are so I can't get them there. I see them often enough. Only a few select times they never dropped in some strikes.

But I agree with people that the drops are not as consistent as the perk makes them out to me.
Yeah, I'll run some tests with them using the re-equip method. Will report back.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've given up on Ruin Wings. Feels so good. It's been way too inconsistent. I still get a good amount of heavy ammo drops without it.

I have two Nightfalls and weeklies to do? Anyone?
No it's not. This is an upgrade on an exotic armor piece... these are clearly bugged. Playing an entire strike with 1 heavy drop = not working. People reporting unequipping/re-equipping makes a world of difference, just haven't tried yet.

Seems like a myth to me because I tested that out several times and same results.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I started Destiny last week and I'm up to level 13 now. I'm really enjoying the game so far. Story wise I've only done the first moon mission. I like the bite sized nature of the patrols and between that and bounties leveling has been super quick. I'm over leveled for the rest of the story missions but I don't mind, extra gear and stats helps compensate for my lack of skill :(

Just wanted to jump in the thread and say great job with the podcast (and awesome album art Frenden). Since you all asked nicely at the end for people to post in the thread. Of course most of the lore talk was lost on me. Haven't even seen the cabal(?) yet. Hopefully the volume issues get worked out over time but it was an awesome first effort.
Hey thanks a lot for listening!

In a week or two you'll be read for a newbie raid if you're interested :D

And per your ? - get your ass to Mars!

Just solo'd the first 2 CE drops for my 3 characters. Need a Titan and Warlock helm to drop from that dummy Crota, and that would take care of all my raid gear. A Black Hammer would be nice too, but I'm not greedy.

Top Bottom