• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
At least stuff can be dismantled. I'm almost 2/3 with shards for last character to get to 32. Just need a raid helm or chest and using an exotic helm which I have three of. Hopefully next week.

So all I have to do is two weeklies and nightfalls and getting three Gorgon chests. Anyone game?

I really hate these abilities sometimes, most of the time they are used against me cowardly rather than strategically, the character would have otherwise lost the confrontation but use a panic super to avoid the death. I usually only use Nova Bomb when I know I can clear out an area, my friend uses Titan Smash on bubbles etc.

Oh, absolutely, especially on smaller maps. Can't count the number of times I've run around the corner, bumped into an enemy Titan, and gotten him to 15% health only for him to panic pop Fist of Havoc and "win" the confrontation. I think the temporary invulnerability / health boost Titans get upon popping it is total BS considering I don't get anything like that with Golden Gun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Phew!

I feel like I die to Fist of Havoc and Nova Bomb a ton in pretty much every playlist. I have a new appreciation for Clash after playing it a lot last night, though. Clash is the 5v5 team deathmatch, right?
Well, you do. Every super really. It's just in Control, the nature of the mode lends itself to blindly tossing one of the AoE supers at a point being capped and getting 3+ kills. Super usage feels more tactical to me in the other modes. I'm pretty decent at threatening/baiting a super which kills just me in Clash, which I'd count as a victory, and Rumble is a whole other story.

edit: Panic supers are annoying for sure.... but I can understand when they see me running at them with Arc Blade, at least :D

It's 6v6, but yeah. A lot of the maps are pretty unbalanced when it comes to holding Control points and you don't have to willingly enter killboxes in Clash, since there's nothing to defend. A lot of the maps really function best as Rumble maps though. I'm not a big fan of Blind Watch on the whole for example, but in Rumble I love it.

Broke my long streak of getting crap drops from Nightfall this morning.

Even though I already have one, the drop of a nice giggidyhorn was a welcome change.

rNilla

Warlock got three drops from first CE chest today.

2x Radiant Shards
Bone Circlet
Universal Remote. Third (or fourth?) Remote hype.

LiK

A ghost shell is the gift? Gee thanks, you'd expect them to at least offer more variants for other achievements from the game. Pretty disappointing.

Dave_6

Worst weekly rotation of the bunch - definitely won't rush to complete them all on my 3 characters. Now for the hard part, though, being at work while everyone gets loot.

Lol, me and you are in the same boat this time every Tuesday. Stuck at work while everyone else is already done with everything. :/

Got the normal Gorgons CP saved, got 1 exotic (sorry Colonel) out of ~15 chances on normal mode.

Starting a fresh hard VoG now, 1 spot open. Whoever wants to join just jump in, PSN is DrDrizzay101.

At least I didn't get another Aspect of Gla---... *checks inventory* Shit...

I try to leave them in the post master but I can't tolerate that bright green symbol. Even when I know all it means is ass.

Zoba only quit PVP, doesn't mean he quit the rest, hehehe

fake-laugh-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-633.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't worry Deej knows our pain, he knows EXACTLY what we've been asking for all along. That Christmas stocking stuffer Ghost Shell will make the pain of RNG go away!

I'm guessing the gift is the Intrustion ghost shell.

In the tweet they said a "small" legendary. So some type of ghost shell would make the most sense.

A ghost shell is the gift? Gee thanks, you'd expect them to at least offer more variants for other achievements from the game. Pretty disappointing.

Who said that?
Chill bro
i'm.. pretty chill, just don't think there's any reason to think this? all I saw was the tweet though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks Dhruv and everyone.

Bungie really does want me to blow things up. I actually had something over 30 rocket launchers. Dismantled a whole lot of them. About to get rid of some now.

ipbc2NzbE70vc.png

1 question, 1 comment:

Question: The gorgon chest. How many times per week can that be looted per character? Can it be looted twice (once on normal and once on hard)? I know the other chests can only be looted once but I've heard conflicting information on this chest and have never tried looting it more than once per week per character.

Comment: I forget who it was, but someone yesterday said Ruin Wings were useless. All I know is that yesterday I equipped them and it was raining heavy ammo. I did some quick patrol in the divide waiting for a sword bearer... after a couple mins of killing some low level adds, it looked like a sea of purple shit all around me. Did an Eris mission, same thing. I've heard it's "bugged," but it sure didn't seem like it yesterday.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks Dhruv and everyone.

Bungie really does want me to blow things up. I actually had something over 30 rocket launchers. Dismantled a whole lot of them. About to get rid of some now.

ipbc2NzbE70vc.png
that looks like a great one, Arc Launchers are the odd one out too with no Exotic. I'd keep thaaat

Coconut

Banned
For seriously. I just don't perform well on that map, plus I was trying to go hard on Void kills for new Thorn bounty (did get from 0 to 180 by the end of the night at least).

Had a great match on Rusted Lands to end the stretch with notjaded though.... and I got a Plan C from one of the awful Twilight Gap losses so I'm not complaining.
whaaa?

You can only run Crota once a week at best you'll get 6 pieces of new material that ONLY drops in the raid for some reason (there's no in game logic for it.) why don't those materials AT LEAST drop while doing give missions Bungie you already have my money this isn't a free to play game where you need to pas out content to keep players in the game for the lower level players.

And if I have to solo that fucking undying mind again because people keep bailing or going afk I'm going to go totally bonkers!

Top Bottom