• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

LiK

I wonder if Ruin Wings work for allies tho. I remember playing as a Hunter in a strike and a titan with Wings got a lot of heavy ammo for me. Maybe the bug is that it gives it to allies so the Titan wearing it doesn't get it. Just speculation but I can see such a bug happening.

Bogeypop

i'm.. pretty chill, just don't think there's any reason to think this? all I saw was the tweet though.

Well what else could be "small" that'd fit the description? I don't think they'd word it like that if it was just a Legendary Engram. Though it could be an Emblem.

Really hoping the next patch fixes Ruin Wings.

but I'm sure Bungie gonna Bungie and tell us that fixing it is "harder than you think" just like the OTHER major ammo bug

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Shit, really? Oh well. Guess it won't be hard to find someone willing to do that.

27 might be the minimum. Put it this way. I solo-ed first two phases with a 28. It is most likely possible with a 27. Just don't get hit on the way to the rocks.

Datto needs to stop making broad assumptions about what the rest of the community does or does not want.
Agree with you. Hell I want Bungie to focus on fixing these stupid bugs and expanding vault and glimmer cap. Not stop me from entering a good damn room.

E92 M3

I honestly don't like the Sunsetting shader, after running around with it. It's too dark. I like the bright and colorful shaders, personally. Is there a neon green shader, ala the new DLC ships? 'Cause that would be sweet.

My only problem with them giving out a set item for the holidays is that you wind up seeing everyone running around with it. Like the DLC trickster speedy bike. As if there wasn't enough homogenization with the gear. Though I understand it's a double-edged sword and even WoW experienced this until transmog came into play.

I can't wait for something like transmog - homogenization is something I dislike about Destiny.

I wonder if Ruin Wings work for allies tho. I remember playing as a Hunter in a strike and a titan with Wings got a lot of heavy ammo for me. Maybe the bug is that it gives it to allies so the Titan wearing it doesn't get it. Just speculation but I can see such a bug happening.

One time, I was doing an Omnigul strike and heavy ammo was dropping everywhere. Had my very own Ruin Wings thanks to the Titan. Did seem like a glitch.

Datto needs to stop making broad assumptions about what the rest of the community does or does not want.

As soon as he stops being empowered by Deej, he'll get of his high-horse.

How do you get the second CE chest? Don't you just have to snipe the two shriekers and survive to the door at the end?

or is there more than that

LiK

Really hoping the next patch fixes Ruin Wings.

but I'm sure Bungie gonna Bungie and tell us that fixing it is "harder than you think" just like the OTHER major ammo bug

Their exotic tweaks take forever altho I hope armor won't take them as long as weapons.

zewone

No it's not. This is an upgrade on an exotic armor piece... these are clearly bugged. Playing an entire strike with 1 heavy drop = not working.

Uh....tell me where on the description of the armor does it say how many you will receive.

If it said "every 10 enemy kills will drop heavy ammo" and it didn't, then it would be bugged. The description of the item is that the ammo will drop more often? How do you measure often?

Bogeypop

How do you get the second CE chest? Don't you just have to snipe the two shriekers and survive to the door at the end?

You have to kill the Shriekers, and rush to it before the gate closes or you're out of luck for that run and have to do the Raid all over again if you want another shot. Or hop into someone's game who has the checkpoint

u GOTTA GO FAST!

Kill second shrieker, have a hunter pop blade dancer and book it like a madman into the room, as it closes fast. It can be opened once one person is in.

So there's not really a reason for me to use Radiant Energy yet, is there? I'm using Hunger of Crota as my main heavy, but it seems to do enough damage that I can wait until hard raid to max (or replace it with a gjallerhorn, god willing). I guess I should start grinding eris rep to convert them to shards.

Ohh, just saw the new cheese spot on top of the lights for Vallus.,

820.jpeg

E92 M3

So there's not really a reason for me to use Radiant Energy yet, is there? I'm using Hunger of Crota as my main heavy, but it seems to do enough damage that I can wait until hard raid to max (or replace it with a gjallerhorn, god willing). I guess I should start grinding eris rep to convert them to shards.

I haven't maxed any weapons because there really isn't a need - from a mathematical perspective - and I want to see how the primaries turn out.

I know this has been asked a few times, but I can't seem to find it through search x.x

Do raid weapons give more energies when you level them up and then dismantle?

BadAss2961

So it's already Tuesday, and i'm just now remembering that I forgot about Xur over the weekend. How's Dragon's Breath compared to the Horn?

Homeboyd

Uh....tell me where on the description of the armor does it say how many you will receive.

If it said "every 10 enemy kills will drop heavy ammo" and it didn't, then it would be bugged. The description of the item is that the ammo will drop more often? How do you measure often?
Tell me where you saw it was in any way tied to RNG? All other exotic armor perms work as intended and is not tied to RNG.

I define often as more than once per strike. Tons of people reporting that ruin wings inhibit heavy drops vs not wearing them at all. People have actually tracked these drops...

ERMint13

I was asked this once. Playing with someone and he said Heavy Ammo is everywhere probably around 15 on the ground. At that point I had gotten 1 or 2.

I've also done the un-equip/re-equip and it's only worked once out of maybe 10 times doing it.

When they work they are the best exotic in the game. I can just spam rockets and MG through a whole strike. When the heavy ammo isn't dropping they are useless.

Top Bottom