• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Dave_6

Hmm, that's odd. I haven't had that problem at all while having ruin wings equipped. No re-equipping needed. It's been raining purple ammo non-stop. I've done strikes, patrols, and missions and it seems to work for me throughout.

No issues here either and mine aren't fully upgraded yet.

Ruin Wings are pretty sexy tho.

Yes they are.

them with thunderdevil are the best.

Agreed!

Nuszka

I also got the last raid weapon I needed too.

Nightfall loot: shit

Crota's End Loot: SUROS Regime, Hawkmoon, Red Death, Warlock Raid Boots, Titan Raid Helmet, Light of the Abyss

ff6569a7c9289d6bfff9d7598dc5b32b.jpg

The luck is strong with this one.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the crota raid being largely able to be done solo ( I haven't soloed it beyond the bridge section), I've been afraid that it will get patched to make it much more difficult for those of us that like soloing as much as possible. I really like getting to the witches section solo or with one other person, feels good man. I just hope bungie doesn't take away the solo or 2-man option for the crota raid. It has been nice not recruiting a full team until the witches checkpoint or crota.

To be fair it was the holiday season and nothing major was going to be fixed. I expect them to address it this month or the next. Definitely before or with hard mode.

I'm certain Bungie will make a big patch for CE prior to releasing hard mode. The bridge and Crota kneel cheese will be the likely targets for a fix. The chest isn't that big of a deal, but if they do fix it, all they really need to do is swap loot tables for the 2 chests so only the one at the end of the hall has a chance at Exotics. Having a single easy chest for 2 rad shards is hardly game breaking.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!

gdt

Sweet run guys. Man Crota goes down fast to a 32.

Got Hunger of Crota, my last missing weapon. Sweet.

Was hoping for a Hunter helmet, but no biggie. Might raid on my Titan tonight so hopefully I get a helmet there.

Sullichin

With Firefly, it's not terribly different than Rapier. I would save your marks.
With flared magwell, reload speed is maxed on the Badger so I won't really be missing Outlaw either. I think I'll have enough marks to buy weapons with two characters this week though, and nothing else I want besides that and TFWPKY. Maybe I'll get both.

What if Bungie's holiday gift was a Mark/Cloak/Bond that allowed 2 weapon or armor exotics to be equipped at the same time. There'd have to be a downside, maybe severely reduced Vanguard/Eris/Crucible marks earned.

Would you use it?

zewone

That was unexpected. Blue Engram turned into Badger CCL with Who's Next (meh), high caliber/hammer forged/flared magwell and Firefly. I was saving up marks for Sateriene Rapier with Firefly. Anyone use both and have a preference?

I bought the vendor versions of Rapier and Badger and I prefer Badger's higher impact and bonus damage bullet.

I use the Badger with maxed reload so it's still a quick reload.

I love Outlaw because I'm a habitual reloader, but Firefly is just okay.

You got the maxed reload, so I would run with that Badger. Firefly makes up for the bonus damage perk from the vendor version. Save your marks.

That's what my guess was. At first I thought it may have been the week 2 vendor version compared to week 1. Most people who bought week 1's are not seeing any issues... I bought week 2. But I've seen enough people from both sides have issues.

I understand the drops aren't guaranteed after "X" amount of kills. This is understood. What I'm saying is, for some, they work all the time as intended... for others, they do not. I know you can't calculate whether they are bugged or not. Read the responses in here "mine work great!" etc etc... What I'm telling you is, for some people, like me, they never work. Not sometimes, never.

Your response will be "well even if they only work once out of 100 strikes, they worked that once! rng!"... but you see why that may not be working as intended correct?

well even if they only work once out of 100 strikes, they worked that once! rng!

Just kidding. I see your issue. It's not about RNG because it's been dropping WAY too often for RNG to be a factor in my opinion. It's a marked difference that I see, every time, when I have them equipped. I'm not sure what's going on then. Looks like Bungie has some work to do.

gdt

What if Bungie's holiday gift was a Mark/Cloak/Bond that allowed 2 weapon or armor exotics to be equipped at the same time. There'd have to be a downside, maybe severely reduced Vanguard/Eris/Crucible marks earned.

Would you use it?

Of course I'd use it. Vanguard marks are pretty useless now.

But that's not the present anyway.

Atkison04

Honestly, it would be good for them to consider this in the future. When making raid content, make the amount of players needed scale as the raid progresses.

Allow the first loot drop to be accomplished by a single person.
The second requiring two people
The third requiring four people
The final boss requiring six people

But make the first areas scale so that more players provide more challenge. Nobody wants to sit and wait while 1 good player does all the work for them. And by nobody, I mostly mean me.

That would make sense for sure. Hell, this will be my 4th week doing the crota raid and I still have yet to do it from the beginning with a full team. I get to the witches checkpoint on all 3 of my alts solo or 2-man, then recruit with some of my regular crew to finish them out. That being said, I do the second light post launch "short cut" so please Bungie, leave that there! It's fun waiting for that tick tick boom and hoping you make it up top!

I bought the vendor versions of Rapier and Badger and I prefer Badger's higher impact and bonus damage bullet.

I use the Badger with maxed reload so it's still a quick reload.

I love Outlaw because I'm a habitual reloader, but Firefly is just okay.

You got the maxed reload, so I would run with that Badger. Firefly makes up for the bonus damage perk from the vendor version. Save your marks.

Ain't that the worst habit. I will reload unnecessarily after almost every kill sometimes.

zewone

Congrats. So fun.

Jinjo

Would you use it?

Saint-14 and Ruin Wings? Fuck yes.

This thread sucks on Tuesdays when I have to work all day.

congrats man lol

When there's no ammo drop with Ruin Wings, doing switchroo with raid gloves has almost always worked for me. But like someone said earlier, when you see your fireteam spamming rockets while you get none, they are working, just not for you.

noomi

Had time for one NF during lunch...

Got an Admonisher III woooo :/ Other guy got a praxic fire, and another 9 coins.

Running 2 more after work, praying hard to RNGesus!

Haha I'm grinding for it too. Hit the cap as well. Need 48 more.

I need to get to Rank 3. 300 rep away!

Crap... i'm 2200 rep away from Rank 3 with my 93 Titan marks. I was only thinking I needed a commendation which I have plenty to spare via factions :X

My Hunter is closer, 1900 away with 5 bounties I haven't turned in yet but only at 53 marks. 97 marks this week here we go!

As long as I play with yall, it'll be a fun grind at least. You should probably get your SR today haha, assuming you don't get one via Nightfall. I'd love to get a nightfall drop instead

:-D

zewone

Cant get to the jumping puzzle without at least 3

I've solo'd Gorgon maze and jumping puzzle numerous times. There's videos of 2 guys doing the whole raid. The only rule I can think of is that you need everyone alive to get to the jumping puzzle for it to start.

Would you use it?

That'd make everyone OP.

Ice breaker + Ghorn and St 14 + ruin wings

Crap... i'm 2200 rep away from Rank 3 with my 93 Titan marks. I was only thinking I needed a commendation which I have plenty to spare via factions :X

My Hunter is closer, 1900 away with 5 bounties I haven't turned in yet but only at 53 marks. 97 marks this week here we go!

As long as I play with yall, it'll be a fun grind at least. You should probably get your SR today haha, assuming you don't get one via Nightfall. I'd love to get a nightfall drop instead

I didn't get one from nightfall. :(

I got Vanquisher VIII a week ago so that was nice. Was going to grind for that.

I'll be doing Crucible starting in about an hour or so.

I've solo'd Gorgon maze and jumping puzzle numerous times. There's videos of 2 guys doing the whole raid. The only rule I can think of is that you need everyone alive to get to the jumping puzzle for it to start.

In those videos (The Legend Himself ones) they have a 3rd come in at some point, I believe its right before jumping puzzle. It will not allow those 2 to advance without a 3rd.

Shito

So, I'm gonna come home in an hour or so: what's the latest trend to get a RaptorJesusHorn?
Picture Kadey teabagging my CE chest, is that it?

EL CUCO

He's right. Need atleast 3 people for platforms to spawn. Idk if that's changed recently though. In the 2 man vid they bring in a 3rd for that section.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That'd make everyone OP.

Ice breaker + Ghorn and St 14 + ruin wings

Eh, I don't think it would be OP. Outside of ballerhorn, no other exotic is really super powered compared to legendary versions of the same weapon type, at least to the extent they are OP.

Top Bottom