• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Namikaze1

Unfortunately, I hear tell their either via a bug or intended design, there's no 3 nade option :(

Still, 2 fusions with Touch of Flame is nasty in and of itself, and I'm actually pretty much in love with Angel of Light in PvE, so Starfire still gest two talons up from me.
Wait. I can't haz 3 nades?

Fix this shit, Bungie!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
expect the gift next week, and don't expect it to be much more than something festive and gimmicky.

i'm having myself a sandwich... and possibly a little power nap, but if anyone is up for some Crucible (Skirmish or Clash) in a bit I'll be looking

Qwell

Sorry about the issues Mr. Lemming not sure what is going on, but it wasn't letting me join the fireteam, rebooted my PS4 but looks like you filled the last slot which is all good.

expect the gift next week, and don't expect it to be much more than something festive and gimmicky.

i'm having myself a sandwich... and possibly a little power nap, but if anyone is up for some Crucible (Skirmish or Clash) in a bit I'll be looking

Probably something lame, but it would be a cool gesture if everyone got a Legendary Engram.

Well, I am pretty new (which will probably be evident in my post) to Destiny, but I think it is a ton of fun so far.

I do have a question, though. I am trying to complete the weekly heroic strike. I go in solo, and it shows other players when I join, but when I get to the first zone, they are gone. I have also run into a few really low level players, like a level 2 and level 3. I thought it was locked based on level. Can anyone explain what is going on? I keep getting crushed with no teammates around.

It just seems completely different from doing any other strike that I've done solo.

lol jesus

I seriously apologize, I vaguely remembered the title having to do with Crota's Ass and then Nami's post made me read the whole thing again :O You should know that Sanji is a perv tho!

So what mat does the Starfire take? My random guess will be Helium.

Was excited to play Destiny for the new years... had New Years eve and day off... get home on Tuesday to find my house ransacked and my tv and all consoles gone...

*sad face*

I guess I will be back to the grind once insurance covers the cost of replacements.

So with that, all of you poor saps have to play extra hard for me.

So sorry to hear this. Nothing worse then getting robbed like that. It feels like such a violation. Hope things get sorted out as soon as possible

Namikaze1

I seriously apologize, I vaguely remembered the title having to do with Crota's Ass and then Nami's post made me read the whole thing again :O You should know that Sanji is a perv tho!

So what mat does the Starfire take? My random guess will be Helium.
Relic Iron

The title is because Hard Mode is coming out though we know not when this month.

Well, I am pretty new (which will probably be evident in my post) to Destiny, but I think it is a ton of fun so far.

I do have a question, though. I am trying to complete the weekly heroic strike. I go in solo, and it shows other players when I join, but when I get to the first zone, they are gone. I have also run into a few really low level players, like a level 2 and level 3. I thought it was locked based on level. Can anyone explain what is going on? I keep getting crushed with no teammates around.

It just seems completely different from doing any other strike that I've done solo.

Heroic Weekly and Nightfall doesn't have matchmaking. Those people you are seeing are just in the open world instance with you.

They hurry up and beast the Sword Bearer right away, which causes the door to open up and eject another Sword Bearer very quickly. It's madness to see.

It's amazing to see the resourcefulness and ingenuity gamers will make to Speedrun content. I do not envy Bungie raid designers, both raids have been exploited to hell and back using every tactic both cheese and legit to be employed to break the encounter. Hilarious and awesome.

purg3

slept with Malkin
after soloing the first 2 parts of the raid on 3 characters today, I'm now 2 bubbles away from 32. Need to find a group for 3 crota kills now...

Hoodbury

There isn't matchmaking in the weekly strikes. What you are seeing is other people that are in the same 'world' as you, they could either be on patrol mode on that planet or doing the strike as well. Shared World Shooter and all that. Once you enter the instanced part of the strike you are in your own world though.

I'm sure I'm beaten as I type this, but weekly/nightfall require u to have a fire team already setup. What you're seeing are other characters just doing their own thing on the map. They disappear because you've navigated to a Darkness Zone.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Welcome!

So, unlike regular Strikes and the playlists, the weekly Strikes don't have matchmaking- and soloing them is nooot advisable. You want a fireteam of 3 at-level players, ideally. Which one are you trying?

If you post here, it's usually pretty simple and quick to get a group to help with whatever you're doing. There's also www.destinylfg.net, which is incredibly populated, but I always recommend trying here first.

"Out in the world," which is actually something of an illusion but we'll skip over that, there are no level matching restrictions at all. You can see anyone who happens to be around you, which is why you see people at the beginning of strikes, out before entering the Vault of Glass, etc. But when you enter a "Darkness Zone," where respawning is restricted, you have an instance with just your fireteam.

Steroyd

Oh man, using no land beyond with randoms is hard, got 6 kills with it though, and got tea bagged for it, lmfao.

Lol @ OT title.

Started my first Alt character last night (Warlock). I'm leveling him to 20, all on the Vita. If anyone sees me on and wants to replay a few story missions join up anytime. Got to level 4 with some help in about an hour last night.

PSN: UF_C

Bogeypop

I blame Bungie.

I didn't need all that ass, Bungie!

You could say...

99iy0Cm.png

Was excited to play Destiny for the new years... had New Years eve and day off... get home on Tuesday to find my house ransacked and my tv and all consoles gone...

*sad face*

I guess I will be back to the grind once insurance covers the cost of replacements.

So sorry to hear that, I had the same thing happen to me 6 years ago. It is a sickening feeling. Insurance will cover a lot, but not everything.

The bastards were caught. It took 4 years to sort out in courts because there were so many culprits and numerous victims, but they are slowly paying it back now.

Keep your head up and you'll get through it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

*sad face*

Holy shit. atrocious, I'm sorry :(

lunlunqq

currently soloing the weekly. at omnigul already. for the sake of my sanity, someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!! PSN: lunlunqq

Hoodbury

Thanks so much for the responses. I knew I'd feel dumb when I got the answer, but at least I know something now, hah!

No need to feel dumb, it's a confusing system. A lot of people need the weekly and the nightfall since you can only do them once a week and they provide good loot so if you post on here you should be able to get a good group to join you pretty fast.

Lima

after soloing the first 2 parts of the raid on 3 characters today, I'm now 2 bubbles away from 32. Need to find a group for 3 crota kills now...

Get to 32 and do it yourself. It's the way I will play until they release HM. No more waiting for my friends to get on.

Hoodbury

So sorry to hear that, I had the same thing happen to me 6 years ago. It is a sickening feeling. Insurance will cover a lot, but not everything.

The bastards were caught. It took 4 years to sort out in courts because there were so many culprits and numerous victims, but they are slowly paying it back now.

Keep your head up and you'll get through it.

Holy shit. atrocious, I'm sorry :(

What the hell happened here? How did two of you respond to a post one after the other that was done like 6 hours ago?

The portion where you can see other players is in Patrol mode, when you hit the actual instance of the strike, it transports you into the instance so you can no longer see anyone that's not in your fireteam. There will be a sound effect and the screen darkens a moment when this happens. You will also see a skull beside your health bar I believe that lets you know you're in the instance and deaths will send you back to your last checkpoint (or to orbit if it's Nightfall). The Weekly Heroic allows you to bump up the difficulty and it also has modifiers that increase the difficulty. The latter is what you're experiencing. If you hit the button that brings up your ghost, you can see what modifiers are on to get an idea of what will make the mission more challenging (an example could be that you don't get ammo drops for the weapon currently equipped).
Dumb question, is Crota's End the only way to get radiant shards?
Yes with the exception that you can trade Radiant Energy for Shards with Eris once you get her rank to 4.
Relic Iron

The title is because Hard Mode is coming out though we know not when this month.
Noooooooo I already have a Raid gear piece on both characters that requires Relic Iron. I guess I'll just max it out with XP for now as I have a maxed Praxic anyway and once I complete the Raid gear I'll plug away at Starfire.

Oh I know what it means, I just forgot what it was. I was thinking it was something like Sticking it TO Crota's End so I was trying to make a passive joke about focusing on her Hunter's End but the actual name is obviously different and my joke was pretty bad, too far as you said and not what I intended.

Top Bottom