• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

You know thats the carrot on the stick. Next week you will get something it won't be what you want but it will be something other than radiant material and then you will start to doubt your claim of leaving till DLC back off a bit from what clearly was an angry statement and start the grind all over again.

Bungie is a digital crack dealer, and they know their clients well.

Seriously. I've received 4 gloves and nothing but shards. I would take anything. It's insulting to my time at this point. I mean... at least give me a ship, or 4 shards. 2 shards for over an hour plus of trying to co-ordinate with a pick up group to beat one of the most frustrating encounters in the entire game and I consistently have gotten a fuck you from the game because Bungie can't be assed to put in a reasonable drop system despite "implementing" a fixed one coming off of VoG. NEVER have I had drops this bad this consistently in the VoG for three weeks in a row (save for the hunt for my final level 30 drop), and I've done it dozens of times.

It's just such a piss off. I barely have any major criticisms in this game, and I've dumped an obscene amount of hours into it. But this... This is absolute madness on their part. Fuck I'm mad lol

Hung Wei Lo

So... I haven't messed with clans at all yet ... would any GAF clan like a guy with no life with over 30 days played who has 2x maxed gjallarhorns and almost 2x lvl 32 characters along with a 31? Would like to get the strike and raid trophy with everyone in the same clan today. PS4 = Qwell

Funny, I just realized I don't have any of these trophies either. I'm on your FL already, can you let me know which one you end up joining, so I can tag along? :)

Hoodbury

I'm down to 111 heavy ammo synths since the 200 I bought, last time Xur offered them.

I definitely suggest buying them in bulk from him. 950 glimmer is a rip off

The one good thing about not having a Ghorn, lol. "sure I'll do knight duty with my Icebreaker"

joecanada

14 OT's in, how many other unlucky soles don't have either the ghallehorn or the Hawkmoon?

No Hawkmoon but bought tfwky and it's nice... A solid purple beats a solid gold every time. No way you are taking Hawkmoon on raid needs that ghorn spot and since you can't switch heavy without losing ammo...

Upgraded pocket infinity this week for fun though

Question - I just bought " another nitc " now found a "b trauma line " or something... Is one significantly better? My b line has precision kills reload and firefly, explosive rds

Deku Tree

Warlock Exotics that I currently own:

Apotheosis Veil
Light Beyond Nemesis
Skull of Dire Ahamkara

Sunbreakers
Claws of Ahamkara

Voidfang Vestments
Heart of the Praxic Fire
Starfire Protocol

All 36 light capable.

Warlock Exotics that I don't yet own:

Obsidian Mind

I am hoarding Warlock Exotics... Am I missing any on my list?

DNAbro

LEVEL 30

B6YG41KIcAANait.jpg

Will ask you guys to help me do the raid tomorrow.

Bogeypop

So yeah, Obsidian Mind may be a bit OP! Here's a shot taken by a PSN friend of mine of the Orbs I spawned after a few minutes glimmer farming at my favorite Venus spot:

BFAEB664-0C6C-471E-AE95-785B4C5626F3.jpg

Makes that 20 supers bounty a piece of cake when you do it there with Obsidian Mind.

So yeah, Obsidian Mind may be a bit OP! Here's a shot taken by a PSN friend of mine of the Orbs I spawned after a few minutes glimmer farming at my favorite Venus spot:

Oh my...that's awesome. I got one out of NF last week and its maxed in XP. Just need the glimmer to fully upgrade it. Plus I'm working on the Bad Juju bounty as we speak.

Like a "Mercenaries" section? hehe.

A link to a spreadsheet would probably be better than a list in the OT, but that's a pretty good idea.

There was a google drive document floating around for just that purpose in one of the original OT's (may have been the clan OT). I can't access g-drive from work, so I put my name in and hadn't used it since.

Can you load up your profile on someone else's machine and have them purchase those items for you? I've never tried loading my guardian on another ps4, is it even possible?

You should be able to do that, no problem.

As quoted you could.

And I would but honestly because of the holidays and personal life things happening all at once. (Going through a divorce, spending all the time I have with my daughter when I get her)

I really do not have the time before Xur is done peddling his wears to do the Weeklies needed to purchase the items. It is ok, honestly if I am going to complain about loosing out on randomly digital things that are for sale 48 hours a week I really need to take stock of my priorities and figure my life out.

As addicted to Destiny as I am... thank freaking God I am not that addicted.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Am I the only one that likes Dragons Breath?

For me, it's positives are:
- rate of fire: I can get off all three shots and start reloading in the time it takes other launchers to shoot twice.
- combines devastation with strategy: a huge blast radius clears an area as well as closing choke points with the flare. It give you a great option for disrupting the enemies flow.
- stationary enemy killer: goodbye Shrieker!

It's not an all-around ass kicking machine like ballhorn but it has its place and I enjoy how unique it is.

The flare needs a buff though. It should set enemies on fire at the very least since they run from it.

I swear I'm anticipating patch notes next week to the tune of:

"We've identified an issue where the Crota Raid has been trolling the shit out of our players due to the raid loot 2.0 system not working correctly whatsoever. Fuck you very much and happy new year."

As quoted you could.

And I would but honestly because of the holidays and personal life things happening all at once. (Going through a divorce, spending all the time I have with my daughter when I get her)

I really do not have the time before Xur is done peddling his wears to do the Weeklies needed to purchase the items. It is ok, honestly if I am going to complain about loosing out on randomly digital things that are for sale 48 hours a week I really need to take stock of my priorities and figure my life out.

As addicted to Destiny as I am... thank freaking God I am not that addicted.
Totally understand. Good luck. May the RNG of life and destiny always fall in your favor.

Deku Tree

I swear I'm anticipating patch notes next week to the tune of:

"We've identified an issue where the Crota Raid has been trolling the shit out of our players due to the raid loot 2.0 system not working correctly whatsoever. Fuck you very much and happy new year."

Fixed an issue where two swords spawned at the same time.

Da_Bears

Neo Member
A guy in our raid group insists that the first chest in the Crota raid (during the lamp part) only has the ability to receive an exotic weapon if you wait at least 20 seconds. He says if you open it before 20 seconds then shards/energy are the only possible drops.

Where could he have heard this and how do people come up with this stuff?

Got my thunderlord opening immediately. Course I also gat mats and three cloaks.

void666

Banned
I have 16 vanguard commendations and 200 marks on each character. But nothing to buy.
The vanguard ARs and HC doesn't seem good.

coy

Rahool be so kind. Cryptarch rank up netted me a legendary special which turned into 4th Horseman. Another exotic off the list.

Da_Bears

Neo Member
Guys, I think my regular weekly and nightfall crew has abandoned Destiny. Two weeks in a row of them being nowhere and me needing to cobble together fireteams.

If you need more folks on Tuesdays for either, I have three capable characters. PSN, Frenden.

Just tossing that out there for lurkers.

What time are you usually on?

cilonen

And yet his super bar is not full....

Edit: that was a lame joke, not a mean comment!

Alright, I'm jumping ship from the gaming thread again. It's taken on too much water.

Would love to run Crota in a couple hours if anyone would be interested.

If you have a checkpoint that would be awesome, otherwise we're going to have to put Ir Yut in her place, as that's the closest I've got.

Deku Tree

Alright, I'm jumping ship from the gaming thread again. It's taken on too much water.

Would love to run Crota in a couple hours if anyone would be interested.

If you have a checkpoint that would be awesome, otherwise we're going to have to put Ir Yut in her place, as that's the closest I've got.

Good call.

Destiny gaming side threads remind me of the worst days of gamefaqs.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I swear once you get some drops from CE the drops go into cooldown or something. I'm going to try going through CE Tuesday without any raid armor or weapons equipped or in my inventory and see what happens. I swear it's searching me and seeing I already have stuff so it gives me mats.

Da_Bears

Neo Member
Thanks, damn that crucible part is going to take me forever, I suck at PvP

Took me a lot of matches. Ended up camping with a sniper. Crouch too, so you do not show as easy on radar. If hunter, I also have used the subclass which allows short spells of invisibility if crouched.

lupin23rd

Destiny public events has led me astray like 4 times today. I'm getting there at 0 mins and waiting til it disappears and not seeing any. Very weird.

I was trying to get the walker in the divide last night and waited around a couple times and didn't get it. Was weird but figured maybe I just missed it.

Steroyd

Lol someone messaged me calling me a camper... What else was I going to do with No Land Beyond as my primary weapon.

Nope but like I said inthink it has its role and it's fun to use.

It would make parts of the Vault of Glass super easy. Just launch it at one of the cave doors the Vex spawn out of and watch as they never actually leave their spawn.

Don't even get me started on how fun it would be for control/salvage.

I was trying to get the walker in the divide last night and waited around a couple times and didn't get it. Was weird but figured maybe I just missed it.

No, it is not you. Destiny Public Events is a crap thing... I keep saying this to my friends who swear to God it is amazeballs and perfect... as we stand around with our ghosts for minutes after the event is supposed to materialize.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's half the problem. 10:30 AM - 5:00 PM, CST. Not all those hours, but that is my viable span of time to hop on.
wow, no argument there. That's out of the question for me every weekday except some mondays (this one)

Frenden

Banned
wow, no argument there. That's out of the question for me every weekday except some mondays (this one)

I've solo'd Nightfalls and Weeklies, but it's getting old. I have six to do this week and Omnigul alone... naw. I don't even wanna try, haha.

No, it is not you. Destiny Public Events is a crap thing... I keep saying this to my friends who swear to God it is amazeballs and perfect... as we stand around with our ghosts for minutes after the event is supposed to materialize.

It's a good site with user submitted information.

You are aware that every public even has a window of activation, right?

Like, if DPE says the Walker in the Divide timer is at 2 minutes, that means it will spawn in 2-7 minutes.

I've used that thing or days, and the only times I've noticed mistakes are when there are psn/server outages, and it usually takes 2448 to get it back on track.

Top Bottom