• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

So sorry to hear this. Nothing worse then getting robbed like that. It feels like such a violation. Hope things get sorted out as soon as possible

So sorry to hear that, I had the same thing happen to me 6 years ago. It is a sickening feeling. Insurance will cover a lot, but not everything.

The bastards were caught. It took 4 years to sort out in courts because there were so many culprits and numerous victims, but they are slowly paying it back now.

Keep your head up and you'll get through it.

Holy shit. atrocious, I'm sorry :(

Thanks for the words I appreciate it. Like Orthogonal said insurance will cover a lot but not everything. I jokingly want to put down what Xur has for sale this week on the items to claim form...

Dragons Breath 17 Strange coins...
Warlock Chest 13 Strange coins...

LOL first world problems for sure. On a lighter note, at least its stuff. Stuff can be replaced even if it takes a bit. I hear about people being home when break in's occur I would freak the hell out and probably endanger myself by running at the thief with a frying pan or a keyboard...

Man, I'm already getting pretty burnt out on the Eris bounties. It doesn't help being a Titan.

Seriously though, I'm sick of the killing Blades of Crota, and killing with Blades of Crota. I like the Arc/Sol ability one, and the generate orbs one, but I'm getting tired of everything else.

At least I'm halfway to rank 4, which is basically the cap, right? Everything she has to offer is available at that point?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for the words I appreciate it. Like Orthogonal said insurance will cover a lot but not everything. I jokingly want to put down what Xur has for sale this week on the items to claim form...

LOL first world problems for sure. On a lighter note, at least its stuff. Stuff can be replaced even if it takes a bit. I hear about people being home when break in's occur I would freak the hell out and probably endanger myself by running at the thief with a frying pan or a keyboard...

If I ever get my placed robbed, I'm gonna think back to this post and try to muster the same attitude :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, I'm already getting pretty burnt out on the Eris bounties. It doesn't help being a Titan.

Seriously though, I'm sick of the killing Blades of Crota, and killing with Blades of Crota. I like the Arc/Sol ability one, and the generate orbs one, but I'm getting tired of everything else.

At least I'm halfway to rank 4, which is basically the cap, right? Everything she has to offer is available at that point?
Yep. There's no reason to do them after that other than for experience.

matmanx1

This game likes to tease me with Faction rank ups. Every time I hope for a new toy (weapon) to play with and every time I end up getting armor instead. Or a mote of a light and some glimmer.

Yesterday Rahool actually gave me a new Legendary weapon from a blue engram which was amazing because that's probably the first time in a month that I have seen that happen despite turning in 10 or more blue weapon engrams a day. The legendary weapon turned out to be the exact same pulse rifle that I spend 150 crucible marks to buy last week. Thanks, Rahool!

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
What? Thorn is AMAZING in PVE. The DoT is pretty insane now (I think it was doing something like 82 a tick in Crota's End last night on Knights) and it still hits really hard and penetrates enemies at the same time. Overall, it is probably the best primary gun in the game at this point for non elemental burn stuff.

I have a One Way Ticket 000 and it is lots of fun. The initial blast doesn't seem to hit as hard as other RL's I have used but the cluster bombs can wipe out trash mobs quickly depending on how the clusters fall. Those things are a little unpredictable. Dragon's Breath should be a little bit more predictable on where it is going to leave the Solar Flare.

Preach!

Frostburn

Could any kind souls help me kill Urzok in Skywatch? I need the gloves for my Titan to hit 30 (lock and Hunter already 31) it should start in about 14 minutes in Skywatch

PSN US-Frostburn

jaaz

Hey Hawk, how about adding a section to the OT with the PSN names of the regular posters here that want to share their PSN names and friend/team up with other Gaffers on this thread? I am friends with many, but not all of the Gaffers here, and would love to team up with some of you. Gaffers could send friend requests with a comment identifying themselves as Gaffers, so they could diffentiate themselves from the random friend invites. Totally optional of course.

Well, if anyone wants to tackle the weekly heroic strike, I could use the help. Currently level 26, so I can do the easiest version no problem. However, I'd love to tackle the level 28 version.

PSN is the same as my GAF name. Thanks again for the all the responses, everyone.

Destiny public events has led me astray like 4 times today. I'm getting there at 0 mins and waiting til it disappears and not seeing any. Very weird.

jadedm17

Yes and no.

Hardest unless you are part of the amazing Destiny community here at NeoGAF. There are people on both the Xbox1 and PS4 sides that will love to run you through and do it. The hardest part and the one I am currently on is doing the crucible part. But it is doable and rather quick and fun if you have GAF help.

That void thing was not fun, mainly because I play a lot of crucible and I couldn't play for a few days because I felt obligated to only use void weapons. The bounty as a whole was a pain if you ask me. The reward is amazing though: My favorite pvp weapon now.

That void thing was not fun, mainly because I play a lot of crucible and I couldn't play for a few days because I felt obligated to only use void weapons. The bounty as a whole was a pain if you ask me. The reward is amazing though: My favorite pvp weapon now.

Yeah, true about the void damage. I have the bounty on my Hunter and I am a bit bitter that my main is a Warlock that can do void damage and the Hunter really has no cool void tricks up its sleeve.

Bogeypop

Destiny public events has led me astray like 4 times today. I'm getting there at 0 mins and waiting til it disappears and not seeing any. Very weird.

Are you going by the color codes? Green ones are the likeliest to spawn followed by yellow then red being the rarest.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey Hawk, how about adding a section to the OT with the PSN names of the regular posters here that want to share their PSN names and friend/team up with other Gaffers on this thread? I am friends with many, but not all of the Gaffers here, and would love to team up with some of you. Gaffers could send friend requests with a comment identifying themselves as Gaffers, so they could diffentiate themselves from the random friend invites. Totally optional of course.
Like a "Mercenaries" section? hehe.

A link to a spreadsheet would probably be better than a list in the OT, but that's a pretty good idea.

Maybe they were uncommon events?

Are you going by the color codes? Green ones are the likeliest to spawn followed by yellow then red being the rarest.

3 greens and 1 orange. Last one was the warsat at Archer's Line. Nothing. I'm a go for the walker in The Divide next. I'm going to get there early.

Edit: Other news. I'm about to max my Last Word and pop a tele for Thorn. Pretty pumped to try it with a few upgrades.

THREE fucking weeks in a row now I've received nothing but 2 Radiant Mats for beating Crota. This is beyond ridiculous. For fuck sake. Especially considering the difficulty of beating the boss legitimately and zero loot for Deathsinger. Next week is my last week trying to get ANYTHING as a drop and then I'm out until the DLC drops. I can't take this absolute bullshit. And there's supposed to be a new loot system in place? My fucking ass
mats.

well last week was actual shit

Everything about Destiny in general was shit last week.

I am irrationally blaming it all on LizardSquad. It makes me feel better than actually blaming Bungie which I should do as they are the people that designed the Xur randomness thing.

Can you load up your profile on someone else's machine and have them purchase those items for you? I've never tried loading my guardian on another ps4, is it even possible?

THREE fucking weeks in a row now I've received nothing but 2 Radiant Mats for beating Crota. This is beyond ridiculous. For fuck sake. Especially considering the difficulty of beating the boss legitimately and zero loot for Deathsinger. Next week is my last week trying to get ANYTHING as a drop and then I'm out until the DLC drops. I can't take this absolute bullshit. And there's supposed to be a new loot system in place? My fucking ass
mats.

You know thats the carrot on the stick. Next week you will get something it won't be what you want but it will be something other than radiant material and then you will start to doubt your claim of leaving till DLC back off a bit from what clearly was an angry statement and start the grind all over again.

Bungie is a digital crack dealer, and they know their clients well.

I'm a little late to this, but, yeah, my heart goes out to you. I was burglarized about 8 years ago. They stole most of my video games, all my home theater equipment, and it was really a terrible thing to experience. And the kicker was it happened while me and my roomie was asleep and because my roomie didn't lock the door when coming home from drinking.

You've got a great attitude and it shows you'll spring back from this very quickly.

Lesson to those, if you are renting get renter's insurance, and itemize and take pictures of your stuff to have on file with your insurance company.

Bogeypop

You know thats the carrot on the stick. Next week you will get something it won't be what you want but it will be something other than radiant material and then you will start to doubt your claim of leaving till DLC back off a bit from what clearly was an angry statement and start the grind all over again.

Bungie is a digital crack dealer, and they know their clients well.

j5tHuMW.jpg

EL CUCO

I'm down to 111 heavy ammo synths since the 200 I bought, last time Xur offered them.

I definitely suggest buying them in bulk from him. 950 glimmer is a rip off

jaaz

So yeah, Obsidian Mind may be a bit OP! Here's a shot taken by a PSN friend of mine of the Orbs I spawned after a few minutes glimmer farming at my favorite Venus spot:

BFAEB664-0C6C-471E-AE95-785B4C5626F3.jpg

Top Bottom