• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

WipedOut

Just finished nightfall:

Mida Multi Tool

Two exotics today. Ran the raid up unitl the deathsingers and all I got was shards and another gauntlet.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Not exactly a rumor, it's been listed in their Activision contract for a while now that they're doing a Comet standalone game.

Destiny 1 > Expansion Pack 1 > Expansion Pack 2 > Comet > EP 3 > EP 4 > Destiny 2

My fear is that the time between EP2 and Comet 1 will be far too long. I hope they have something in store for the 6 month gap between EP2 and Comet, and EP4 and D2. D2 is basically an expansion though, as character carry over as well, right?

Someone earlier in the thread linked a reddit post where it showed Hawkmoon out dps'ing pretty much everything else on a per clip basis. All I know is, I would love to have one to test it myself =)

But yeah, I am definitely a handcannon kind of guy. My go-to 331atk primary at this point is Thorn, I still have my old 300atk TDYK and I'm feeling frisky I roll with TLW in the Crucible. (And I got Fatebringer this week from VoG, woot!) To me, nothing else is as fun or satisfying as a precision kill with a hand-cannon

You know how Thorn has "the last round in the chamber does bonus damage"? Precision hits on level 30 enemies = 2155. It's like a mini sniper at that point.

If you love hand cannon headshots then you will love fate bringer. The old firefly animation was a lot more satisfying though but at least the area of effect and overall damage seems to be higher

My fear is that the time between EP2 and Comet 1 will be far too long. I hope they have something in store for the 6 month gap between EP2 and Comet, and EP4 and D2. D2 is basically an expansion though, as character carry over as well, right?

Characters should carry over. What would be nice to see after Episode 2 is an actual overhaul of PVP. Give it the time and tweaking it deserves... I don't even play PVP but from what I read and see and the few times I have been in it. Bungie could clean it up a lot.

Defuser

We all know it's coming, wolf rounds will become weaker. At least I can now say that I've felt the true power of the Gjallarhorn for a week. My bet is it's coming with the Hard Mode Scrota along with cheese fixes.

Even if wolf rounds are nerf with the damage stick, it still outdamage all the other RL because of it's wolfround tracking.

It isn't silly, it is a blatant troll of the player base for the lolz.

No, it really isn't. His tweeting style might not be ideal, but the tweet is meant to clarify that there won't be an exotic weapon landing in your inbox. It will be a legendary item, not an engram. And the item will likely be helpful to a majority of the casual userbase, but probably not to the hardcore players (us, the people in this thread).

Deej is trying to manage expectations. His diction and style might seem inflammatory, but I truly believe he is just trying to do his best with the limited amount of space a tweet allows.

I've seen a lot of overreacting to Bungie's PR over these six months, but damn guys. Chill out.

zewone

What's the big deal about Hawkmoon? Fatebringer seems better...either way, hopefully I'll find out later this year.

It's the highest impact pistol plus it has 3 bonus damage bullets per clip. The bonus damage can also stack on each other for one bullet with ridiculous damage.
So today I achieved rank 4 on Eris and did 2 x Nightfall/Weekly/CE & Gorgon chests/Atheon Hard w/ NO exotic drops. Doing CE raid stuff tonight. Hopefully my luck turns around.

Also with basically everything done on Tuesday, I suppose this is a good week to start that third character!

I have my fingers crossed for that 'horn drop from Crota for you.

Fatebringer IS better, but Im a hand cannon fan and Im pokemon on that shit...
It's not. Less impact and only 300 attack.

Later Im gonna make a gif of me dismantling a Gjallarhorn, A Vex, and One of my icebreakers and see how much salt I can produce.

LOL was thinking of doing the same thing. I've got an icebreaker ready to become shards. Should be Gjallerhorn, Vex, Icebreaker, Hawkmoon, and HoPF to get those sodium levels up

Namikaze1

Congrats! I'll get my Warlock to 32 whenever Crota's End wants to drop the Helm or Chest for him. My Hunter is ready and waiting on shards.
My Titan's been 32 for a while now due to having exotic helms. The raid helm dropped for me earlier and that's why I'm celebrating the fact that I'm 32 again. My Ruin Wings are back from the vault. No more wearing those ugly ass raid gauntlets!

3 CEs, 3 normal Gorgon/hard Gorgon/hard Atheon, 3 NFs: 1 new item. Raid fusion. Two Lv32s though so can't complain.

Had a blast with everyone, from the reset raids with the usual trouble makers plus new comers Palom+raindoc, to not-actually-painful-no-burn NFs, to watching kadey's Twitch stream of CE while listening to their party chat creeper style, to always great VoG and 5-manning Atheon.

GG Gaf, gg.

We all know it's coming, wolf rounds will become weaker. At least I can now say that I've felt the true power of the Gjallarhorn for a week. My bet is it's coming with the Hard Mode Scrota along with cheese fixes.
I've resigned myself to never getting it (I'll go buy a lotto ticket if it ever drops), but the nerf is most certainly coming. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ice Breaker gets a similar treatment, those 2 weapons are literally too good at the moment.

SpecX

Got some shards on the first chest on CE for my Warlock and Hunter and got my Hunter pass the first section of the raid to get my first CE armor. Got the Dogged Gage, but the perks aren't the best. At least it's better than my current gantlets which give me perks for weapons I don't bother using. Going to try and squeeze in a NF tonight when I get home, hopefully there's others still doing it by then that can help.

Ballerhorn haters don't have one. Please stop hating.

I dont have one and aint hating, just super jealous.

tumblr_n418p0nyqt1txdmbyo1_500.gif

Any reason why we can't do trade ins for Ass Energy and Ass Shards?
'Cause reasons. It sure would be a nice option. Though, after doing the exchange with Eris yesterday, my wallet hurt. If Bungie does decide to implement this, I hope they make it a lot cheaper to do so.

Steroyd

Oh ma gawd.

With my heart of Praxic equipped my intelect and discipline are near maxed, during radiance it's nade spam galore... And I haven't unlocked the further cooldown perk yet.

Gigiddy giggidy.

No, it really isn't. His tweeting style might not be ideal, but the tweet is meant to clarify that there won't be an exotic weapon landing in your inbox. It will be a legendary item, not an engram. And the item will likely be helpful to a majority of the casual userbase, but probably not to the hardcore players (us, the people in this thread).

Deej is trying to manage expectations. His diction and style might seem inflammatory, but I truly believe he is just trying to do his best with the limited amount of space a tweet allows.

I've seen a lot of overreacting to Bungie's PR over these six months, but damn guys. Chill out.

All he has to say is no Exotics or no Engrams and that gets the message across to manage expectations.

Bjallarhorn is calculated.

Think I'm heading home shortly and will be home in around an hour. Ready to get this new reset started with Nightfall or Crota kills!

Greenymac

It's not. Less impact and only 300 attack.[/QUOTE]

Statwise, its not, but ill take my firefly and outlaw against hordes all day. Especially thralls. Although to test this properly, Id need a Hawkmoon....

nowai

It's the highest impact pistol plus it has 3 bonus damage bullets per clip. The bonus damage can also stack on each other for one bullet with ridiculous damage.

Timur's Lash is actually the highest impact hand cannon. You can also reroll it to have field scout, range finder and third eye for a beast of a pvp weapon.

Having said that when Hawkmoon procs and I two shot someone in pvp, it's the best feeling.

Top Bottom