• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Namikaze1

Because no one asked for it.

Full Titan Raid Gear, no shader:
B6sEBmiIEAExBaI.jpg:orig

With Cryptographic

With Predawne

With Middaye

With Sunsetting

Reunited with my Ruin WIngs at last!

Hawkmoon PvP damange, with 0, 1, 2 or 3 proc's per bullet

Body: ~60 / 80 / 110 / 145
Headshot: ~90 / 120 / 160 / 214

So you can kill with two crit shots if you get the perk once, one crit and one body shot if you get the perk twice or only one crit if you get it thrice.

Obviously OHKs are very rare but 2HK with crit shots is not terribly uncommon. Doesn't really matter for PvP if another HC has higher impact since it can't kill in 2 crit shots without Luck in the Chamber.

Exotic HCs are arguably the best PvP exotics but definitely some of the worst for PvE. There's no serious pve activity that would benefit more from an exotic HC than the usual suspects. But they are fun as shit so use them for everything non-serious.

What's your primary loadout for "serious" PvE? If I'm not rolling with Thorn/MIDA as a primary, I'm using FB or VoC exclusively at this point.

TLW and Thunderlord are 2 of my wishes for this week's nightfall/raid chest.
Just 1 please!

I'm so dumb for skipping TLW a couple months back from Xur.

E92 M3

In thinking about it.... they really shouldn't nerf the horn or icebreaker, they should make other exotics just as good.

Hawkmoon, Gjallarhorn, Icebreaker are all awesome (should call them sexotics)... other exotics.... still kind of awesome... but not as awesome.

An exotic should be just that, an overpowered special weapon. All exotics should be as good as those 3.

Not nerfed to be just like any other legendary :/

Yes I agree, but Bungie seems to hate that philosophy. A nerfed weapon always takes away from the game. Make everything exciting to use - most important thing in a shooter.

LiK

With Cryptographic

With Predawne

With Middaye

With Sunsetting

I dunno why default shader for Titan is so ugly. There are no Hives with such a gross color scheme. Same with default Kabr armor. What's with the diarrhea yellow obsession?

noomi

Hmmmm....

I see one player here did the normal gorgon chest three times, and then hard chest three times....

I normally just do hard gorgon chest 3 times and call it a day.... but! Better/more chances at an exotic with doing normal then hard gorgon chest?!? 6 vs 3!

Does it matter?

All this just for a Hawkmoon :(

When I was a level 29 doing the hard VOG, I found the fully leveled hawkmoon very effective. It was especially effective against praetorians once their shields were down

Btw how much damage is needed to get a kill I'm crucible?

200 damage for a kill in Crucible.

I probably don't explain myself well, but to clarify: when I say "HCs are bad PvE exotics," that's only in comparison to other exotics since you can only equip one. You could absolutely wreck faces and beat all PvE content in the game with a team of exotic HCs. They are a blast to use, so use them whenever you want.

The actual list of potential best-in-slot for PvE exotics is very short.

cilonen

Would be nice for anyone over lvl 30 to get Rad Energy/Shard drops from Dailies. Who gives a fuck about the regular ones at that point.

We will when House of Wolves comes out and requires us to buy new vendor gear to get to 33.

I've somehow screwed the tendons in my left hand up but I managed to get on and nudge my way to the first Crota chest. Mark of the Pit (Titan Mark) again and more energies. Shite.

Well, let's hope Xur has something good on Friday to rescue the week. If my hand heals up I'll try and get my lv18 alt to the point where I can take another shot at the chest, otherwise I'll probably get enough vanguard marks to get something from the Armory, I'm thinking that LDR sniper.

I'm just going off the stats.

I could be wrong, but I have noticed that the explosion from Firefly seems to do the same damage type as the weapon you are using.

On a kinetic weapon, it defaults to solar. On an elemental weapon with Firefly, something like Praedyth's Revenge, it appears to do the matching element.

I have a Dead Orbit sniper which is void and has Firefly. On the Nightfall two weeks ago with Void burn, Firefly was wrecking mobs. When Firefly killed a mob, their death animation was that of a void kill (like getting a kill with a void Fusion Rifle).

With Cryptographic

With Predawne

With Middaye

With Sunsetting

At this point it is safe to say with your current "luck" you better be the one packing your parachute because there are some of us around here that think your lucky streak should end...

I kid I kid, in no way should this be taken seriously. (but you should still pack your own parachute.)

MIDA really? It's a decent weapon, but it doesn't feel like an exotic to me. Third Eye is decent for pvp, but the MIDA Multi-Tool upgrade isn't very good.

Ehhh, I think it's pretty underrated. The MIDA perk allows it to fire as fast as the Suros (get your trigger finger ready though, that's the only bitch) with scout rifle range and impact. The upgrade to agility is also great in certain situations. I've been using it in "non-serious" situations and it's a lot of fun.

zewone

Hawkmoon PvP damange, with 0, 1, 2 or 3 proc's per bullet

Body: ~60 / 80 / 110 / 145
Headshot: ~90 / 120 / 160 / 214

So you can kill with two crit shots if you get the perk once, one crit and one body shot if you get the perk twice or only one crit if you get it thrice.

Something seems a bit off about those numbers, but they're pretty close, and you would still need 2 shots to kill.

I get 96 and 126 crits fairly common I believe.

What's your primary loadout for "serious" PvE? If I'm not rolling with Thorn/MIDA as a primary, I'm using FB or VoC exclusively at this point.

Obviously it can vary for certain situations, but FB and VoC are still two of the best. VoC is better for Atheon and Crota because of its range and lesser damage penalty on oracles.

But some of the new stuff is better for anything outside VoG oracles simply by virtue of 331 damage. The vendor scout rifles (Rapier, NITC, and Badger) are great, I've been using those for Crota mainly. Vendor HCs seem to be not the best but some can be amazing with the right perk rolls.

Auto rifles were basically ruined as a serious PvE class (thanks Suros), while scout rifles were buffed as a class because they sucked in PvP.

Something seems a bit off about those numbers, but they're pretty close, and you would still need 2 shots to kill.

I get 96 and 126 crits fairly common I believe.

Yeah the numbers are not exact but like you said it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters in pvp is how many body/crit shots add up to 200. There's basically a 33% increase from one proc level to the next.

Ehhh, I think it's pretty underrated. The MIDA perk allows it to fire as fast as the Suros (get your trigger finger ready though, that's the only bitch) with scout rifle range and impact. The upgrade to agility is also great in certain situations. I've been using it in "non-serious" situations and it's a lot of fun.

Maybe I'll give it another shot. I had a fully upgraded one pre-patch, but once I started getting other exotics I just kind of stopped using it. I did get a post patch one, but I haven't really bother to use it yet.

Auto rifles were basically ruined as a serious PvE class (thanks Suros), while scout rifles were buffed as a class because they sucked in PvP.
It is still possible to get a pimp roll on a Vanquisher VIII. I got one in vanilla and I'm really hoping for a 331 one in TDB. Best legendary auto rifle by far.

Namikaze1

I dunno why default shader for Titan is so ugly. There are no Hives with such a gross color scheme. Same with default Kabr armor. What's with the diarrhea yellow obsession?
I'm just glad i have Sunsetting. Thunderdevil is fine but the others don't really go well with the armor.

The Titan CE armour is awful. We always get the shit end, first that can opener now derp eyes.

Titans are still the best.
I don't know which of the two raid helmets I prefer more. I'm expecting the House of Wolves raid helm to look like one of those stealth bastards.

At this point it is safe to say with your current "luck" you better be the one packing your parachute because there are some of us around here that think your lucky streak should end...

I kid I kid, in no way should this be taken seriously. (but you should still pack your own parachute.)
Oh I will pack my own parachute. I don't trust my GF after the look she gave me yesterday when I got two more Hawkmoons. I fear she's planning my death.

Maybe I'll give it another shot. I had a fully upgraded one pre-patch, but once I started getting other exotics I just kind of stopped using it. I did get a post patch one, but I haven't really bother to use it yet.

I use it as a Fun Gun. It's nothing amazing and should honestly be just a Legendary like the Hard Light.

cilonen

MIDA really? It's a decent weapon, but it doesn't feel like an exotic to me. Third Eye is decent for pvp, but the MIDA Multi-Tool upgrade isn't very good.

MIDA's my go to Patrol / Farming (especially Fallen Leaders at the Ember Caves on Venus) gun. I gave it the nickname 'Slot Machine' - the noise and the way it slots people right between the eyes on a hair trigger....

That gun is underrated IMO.

zewone

I could be wrong, but I have noticed that the explosion from Firefly seems to do the same damage type as the weapon you are using.

On a kinetic weapon, it defaults to solar. On an elemental weapon with Firefly, something like Praedyth's Revenge, it appears to do the matching element.

I have a Dead Orbit sniper which is void and has Firefly. On the Nightfall two weeks ago with Void burn, Firefly was wrecking mobs. When Firefly killed a mob, their death animation was that of a void kill (like getting a kill with a void Fusion Rifle).
I feel like you're right from my own personal experience. I remember demolishing with firefly during Arc burns.
I definitely agree with MIDA being underrated and was actually pleasantly surprised to see it rated as A+ on Dattos' exotic PVE list. It feels like the perfect gun for doing bounties. I really want a 331 version, but I didn't upgrade. I feel like I can wait for a drop.

MIDA's my go to Patrol / Farming (especially Fallen Leaders at the Ember Caves on Venus) gun. I gave it the nickname 'Slot Machine' - the noise and the way it slots people right between the eyes on a hair trigger....

That gun is underrated IMO.

Yeah it's a beautiful weapon. Liked the old sound more though

Yeah, that idea of managing virtual inflation was pretty damn interesting to me. Sadly hasn't saved Destiny from depreciated ass.

It's just not a very sophisticated system I guess. Keep introducing new currencies that are so specific that they become useless once you no longer have a use for them

cilonen

Hmmmm....

I see one player here did the normal gorgon chest three times, and then hard chest three times....

I normally just do hard gorgon chest 3 times and call it a day.... but! Better/more chances at an exotic with doing normal then hard gorgon chest?!? 6 vs 3!

Does it matter?

All this just for a Hawkmoon :(

Yep, I'll be looking to do that this weekend too. Right there with you buddy.

Jinjo

Hunter at level 31 with mostly raid armor except for legs from the vendor. Unlocked wolfpack rounds on her Gjallarhorn too. That dream of maxed Gjallarhorns on all my characters is coming closer... Only need to switch out a Gjallarhorn to my warlock when needed, since hers hasn't unlocked wolfpack rounds yet.

Time to spend some quality time with my Warlock this week, I guess. I can technically get to 31 but need to max exotic, raid piece and two VoG pieces. Goddamn hadronic essence though.

With Cryptographic

With Predawne

With Middaye

With Sunsetting

Thanks for this, (edit: wo?)man. Good stuff.

FYI you don't have to quote images anymore. GAF now resizes them automatically.

Baseline stability isn't great for Vanquisher but you can get good perks that improve it a lot. I actually have a very decent roll on a 331 Vanquisher, and I like using it but can't keep up with a good 331 scout.
Yep, that's what I'm saying. If you get one with something like full clip and perfect balance, you got a stew going. And yeah, scouts still win in PvE but I still prefer auto rifles for PvP.

My Hunter got the boots so now she has full raid gear. Titan and Warlock are missing helmets but can still reach 32 (Titan is already 32).

Will wait a while before deciding if I should convert my energy to shards and get another character to 32.

Yeah, give it a go. It's not for everyone and isn't the best choice for highest-level content (if you're going to use an exotic primary, Thorn or HMoon would be better options in my opinion).

As others have said, it's a headshot machine and has a really cool sound. Great for bounties, missions, patrols etc.

Top Bottom