• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

All he has to say is no Exotics or no Engrams and that gets the message across to manage expectations.

Bjallarhorn is calculated.

But why is it a troll? Are they supposed to just hand everyone a gjallarhorn? It's an RNG based loot game, you can't expect to have everything. You might get something and you might not.

To me the troll is him saying some of us will immediately dismantle whatever they plan to give us. It seems like they already know whatever they're giving us is shitty

zewone

Statwise, its not, but ill take my firefly and outlaw against hordes all day. Especially thralls. Although to test this properly, Id need a Hawkmoon....

I'm an Outlaw fanboy, I love reloading, but Hawkmoon has speed reload.

Firefly is a bit overrated. It does 50 damage to near by mobs.

I'll take doing almost 3000 damage with a crit from a Hawkmoon.
Timur's Lash is actually the highest impact hand cannon. You can also reroll it to have field scout, range finder and third eye for a beast of a pvp weapon.

Having said that when Hawkmoon procs and I two shot someone in pvp, it's the best feeling.
I forgot about Timur's Lash. I still need one to drop.

blackflag

3 CEs, 3 normal Gorgon/hard Gorgon/hard Atheon, 3 NFs: 1 new item. Raid fusion. Two Lv32s though so can't complain.

Had a blast with everyone, from the reset raids with the usual trouble makers plus new comers Palom+raindoc, to not-actually-painful-no-burn NFs, to watching kadey's Twitch stream of CE while listening to their party chat creeper style, to always great VoG and 5-manning Atheon.

GG Gaf, gg.

Good times, wish I coulda stayed for the VOG and your extra Crota kill.

I don't know but Fatebringer's firefly seems to do a lot of damage to nearby mobs. Especially post patch where they made it more effective

Mindlog

The game hates my Titan. He's boned as far as 32 goes.
Hunter just needs 10,000 Glimmer. Anyone have one of those Gatekeeper checkpoints :]

gdt

I forgot about Timur's Lash. I still need one to drop.

Firefly definitely does more than that.

Can I trade them for heavy synth? Stash is almost gone, while ass is piled to the ceiling.

448 energies... 632 shards.

I wish I could give them away to people that actually need them.

Yup. So brutal. Would be nice to gift them or at least exchange 10 regular shards for radiant shards.

Bungie has not been doing well in regards to managing the currencies.

Manp

Join up

Psn: Dhruv_Hanom

and we need 2 more for 2 more crota kills

thanks again man :)

two weeks in a row crota gives me only 3 shards on my Titan.

thank god this week i have an alt so i got the shotgun at least.
with Dhruv handling the sword crota is a walk in the park :)

All he has to say is no Exotics or no Engrams and that gets the message across to manage expectations.

Bjallarhorn is calculated.

Him saying "Bjallarhorn" is just his attempt at a joke. Everyone on twitter and reddit and all over are speaking out that they hope the "present" is Gjallarhorn, because it is widely regarded as the best weapon in the game.

Deej is rather in touch with the community lingo and just likes to use it to "fit in".

But why is it a troll? Are they supposed to just hand everyone a gjallarhorn? It's an RNG based loot game, you can't expect to have everything. You might get something and you might not.

To me the troll is him saying some of us will immediately dismantle whatever they plan to give us. It seems like they already know whatever they're giving us is shitty

I don't expect them to hand it out even though they already did and they have a system to do that with Xur anyway.

I am calling it a troll because they know very well it is the most coveted item in the game so mentioning you aren't getting it is a jab.

I don't care that the gift is nothing special, if it is just a ghost skin I will be happy.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Yay, just got the helmet on my titan so I can keep ruins wings and hit 32.
I have the helmet on all my characters now.

That's being nice about. It's such a sore spot for me. Glimmer cap, material handouts, vault space, all of these things are just really poorly designed aspects of the game.

I wonder if they'll add more currencies come House of Wolves

I don't expect them to hand it out even though they already did and they have a system to do that with Xur anyway.

I am calling it a troll because they know very well it is the most coveted item in the game so mentioning you aren't getting it is a jab.

I don't care that the gift is nothing special, if it is just a ghost skin I will be happy.

Yeah it's a joke cause all everyone seems to talk about is Gjallarhorn and everyone always jokes about them giving people Gjallarhorns either as a Christmas present through Xur or some other way.

And I hope it's not just a ghost skin. I guess they did give everyone who bought the expansion a murmur which is a decent legendary weapon. Just wish they weren't so stingy and actually threw the community a bone once in a while. A legendary engram that Actually turned into a weapon would be nice

Anyone up for fresh CE raid or just Crota?

1. Me

54252115.jpg

Ghazi

That's being nice about. It's such a sore spot for me. Glimmer cap, material handouts, vault space, all of these things are just really poorly designed aspects of the game.
The class upgrade material is such a stupid gate.

Honestly, with the fact that space is 20 blocks for each category in the vault, I feel like they intended the vault to be per character, not shared. Something probably changed at the end of development or it was a bug that slipped through and now they can't/don't want to change it.

Mindlog

I wonder how the commendation and exotic shard band-aid is going to be pulled off. Commendations and exotic shards are starting to pile up on me. Pretty sure that soon I'll have enough to outlast the mark cap for several months.

I wonder how the commendation and exotic shard band-aid is going to be pulled off. Commendations and exotic shards are starting to pile up on me. Pretty sure that soon I'll have enough to outlast the mark cap for several months.

Don't even get me started on my piles of ascendant materials

Mattiator

Thanks for help everyone especially sword master dhruve your a gentleman and a scholar. Got nothing but shards buts that's ok when I get my final piece of each gear 32 will be quicker for all.

Hawkmoon PvP damange, with 0, 1, 2 or 3 proc's per bullet

Body: ~60 / 80 / 110 / 145
Headshot: ~90 / 120 / 160 / 214

So you can kill with two crit shots if you get the perk once, one crit and one body shot if you get the perk twice or only one crit if you get it thrice.

Obviously OHKs are very rare but 2HK with crit shots is not terribly uncommon. Doesn't really matter for PvP if another HC has higher impact since it can't kill in 2 crit shots without Luck in the Chamber.

Exotic HCs are arguably the best PvP exotics but definitely some of the worst for PvE. There's no serious pve activity that would benefit more from an exotic HC than the usual suspects. But they are fun as shit so use them for everything non-serious.

Hawkmoon PvP damange, with 0, 1, 2 or 3 proc's per bullet

Body: ~60 / 80 / 110 / 145
Headshot: ~90 / 120 / 160 / 214

So you can kill with two crit shots if you get the perk once, one crit and one body shot if you get the perk twice or only one crit if you get it thrice.

Obviously OHKs are very rare but 2HK with crit shots is not terribly uncommon. Doesn't really matter for PvP if another HC has higher impact since it can't kill in 2 crit shots without Luck in the Chamber.

Exotic HCs are arguably the best PvP exotics but definitely some of the worst for PvE. There's no serious pve activity that would benefit more from an exotic HC than the usual suspects. But they are fun as shit so use them for everything non-serious.

When I was a level 29 doing the hard VOG, I found the fully leveled hawkmoon very effective. It was especially effective against praetorians once their shields were down

Btw how much damage is needed to get a kill I'm crucible?

331-attack Fatebringer-clone Handcannon BELIEVE

That's all I want

Yeah I have 12 Vanguard commendations I have no idea what to do with. I got the armour to get to 31 week one and all the worthwhile vanguard weapons I have now.

Crucible is another story but I don't do PvP often but I'm sure if I did I would be in the same situation.

They'll make hallowed exotic shards and mega ultra commendations in the next expansion. Obviously :|

noomi

In thinking about it.... they really shouldn't nerf the horn or icebreaker, they should make other exotics just as good.

Hawkmoon, Gjallarhorn, Icebreaker are all awesome (should call them sexotics)... other exotics.... still kind of awesome... but not as awesome.

An exotic should be just that, an overpowered special weapon. All exotics should be as good as those 3.

Not nerfed to be just like any other legendary :/

LiK

Would be nice for anyone over lvl 30 to get Rad Energy/Shard drops from Dailies. Who gives a fuck about the regular ones at that point.

First CE chest x3 = Plan C, TLW, shards/energy

Not bad at all to be honest. It's not the Horn but both are upgrades for me.

Also solo'd the first two parts of the raid on my hunter and got some energy and the raid boots (which I have so they became radshards which I REALLY need).

Jinjo

In thinking about it.... they really shouldn't nerf the horn or icebreaker, they should make other exotics just as good.

Hawkmoon, Gjallarhorn, Icebreaker are all awesome (should call them sexotics)... other exotics.... still kind of awesome... but not as awesome.

An exotic should be just that, an overpowered special weapon. All exotics should be as good as those 3.

I've been saying this for months already.

Agreed.

IMO Truth, SUROS & MIDA are also sexotics.

I've been saying this for months already.

Yeah it's always better to make weapons better not worse. The suros was an amazing weapon before they fucked it up. The thing is though the crucible really holds the game back as far as weapons are concerned

Ragarra

First CE chest x3 = Plan C, TLW, shards/energy

Not bad at all to be honest. It's not the Horn but both are upgrades for me.

Also solo'd the first two parts of the raid on my hunter and got some energy and the raid boots (which I have so they became radshards which I REALLY need).

I grabbed the first CE chest x 2 and ended up with energy both times. Was quite sad.

Top Bottom