• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

hydruxo

JozNI8f.jpg

Woo Dragons Breath from 1st CE chest. Of course I'd get that one after buying it from Xur this past week lol.

DjRalford

I have a Red Hand IX with Zen Moment and feeding frenzy. It's pretty insane. Also has armored piercing, flared magwell, and field scout to choose from.

Also have a scout rifle with Luck in the chamber, Firefly, and high caliber rounds, send it, or flared.

I love my dropped scout, Another NitC I think it's called, it has almost max range with send it, and has luck in the chamber and mulligan.

It's a head popping machine

Anyone fancy a full crota raid in about 90 minutes? (7:30pm gmt)

3 full runs would be awesome. Or at least 3 crota kills so I can go back and solo the other bits

matmanx1

So with the earlier talk about the nerfed AR's and the Rapier (good gun) is anyone else of the opinion that hand canons in general and Fatebringer even at only 300 damage is just like the best all around primary? I picked up my 3rd one last week so all my characters have a maxed Fatebringer, and I was doing some tests and for a legendary I just can't find a better gun. Firefly is great for trash mobs, on red bar enemies it crits for @ 1600, it has quick reload after crit and holds 13 rounds. Yes the range isn't as good as a scout rifle, but a maxed 331 Rapier only crits for @ 1100. And most encounters, at least with my play style is completely within full range for Fatebringer.

Anyhoo, just wanted to share my love of Fatebringer ... VoC is also the business, just funny how people said that the new expansion just invalidates all the progress folks made with VoG, when VoG still has the best primaries in the game.

Someone earlier in the thread linked a reddit post where it showed Hawkmoon out dps'ing pretty much everything else on a per clip basis. All I know is, I would love to have one to test it myself =)

But yeah, I am definitely a handcannon kind of guy. My go-to 331atk primary at this point is Thorn, I still have my old 300atk TDYK and I'm feeling frisky I roll with TLW in the Crucible. (And I got Fatebringer this week from VoG, woot!) To me, nothing else is as fun or satisfying as a precision kill with a handcannon.

You know how Thorn has "the last round in the chamber does bonus damage"? Precision hits on level 30 enemies = 2155. It's like a mini sniper at that point.

purg3

slept with Malkin
got an MG18A Harm's Way from an engram. Has field Scout and similar stats to Corrective Measure. Solar damage though. Might hang on to this one.

LiK

got an MG18A Harm's Way from an engram. Has field Scout and similar stats to Corrective Measure. Solar damage though. Might hang on to this one.

I have a Void and Arc one. Might just shard them. Didn't like them in PVP

zewone

It's basically a Corrective Measure clone. I got one with decent perks and solar so I'm definitely hanging on to it.

LTWood12

Got a void one from last weeks nightfall and I love it. 100 rounds w/ field scout. Great Stability, Impact, & ROF.

Ugh is it just me or all teen/kids who play this game bloody obnoxious? Every fucking time I've played with one I swear goddamn.

Next time if I don't like someone im getting the fuck out instead of trying to soldier through it

Homeboyd

Yeah, I'm on now. Already did the nightfalls but I'll help out. Just soloing CE for them shards right now lol.
Thanks. But please, only help out if you enjoy seeing people NOT get gjallarhorns. If you do enjoy that type of thing, you're in for a real treat!

zewone

Someone earlier in the thread linked a reddit post where it showed Hawkmoon out dps'ing pretty much everything else on a per clip basis. All I know is, I would love to have one to test it myself =)

You know how Thorn has "the last round in the chamber does bonus damage"? Precision hits on level 30 enemies = 2155. It's like a mini sniper at that point.

You'll love Hawkmoon. It does damage like that without having to empty the clip. My first though was "this shit does sniper damage!"

purg3

slept with Malkin
Ugh, second week in a row I got Last Word from the first CE chest...I stood up when I saw the yellow loot box appear lol....

Qwell

You'll love Hawkmoon. It does damage like that without having to empty the clip. My first though was "this shit does sniper damage!"
Yah I should probably use my Hawkmoone's more, I just tend to use a secondary or heavy exotic so like to roll legendary primaries. Still have a few thousand kills with Hawkmoone though.

Lol, there's no way Xur is going to sell the horn again.

Pretty much confirms that. RNGesus better deliver or House of Wolves is where I get off. Not paying for anything else if I have no shot at experiencing content I paid for after hundreds of hours invested.

E92 M3

What's the big deal about Hawkmoon? Fatebringer seems better...either way, hopefully I'll find out later this year.

So today I achieved rank 4 on Eris and did 2 x Nightfall/Weekly/CE & Gorgon chests/Atheon Hard w/ NO exotic drops. Doing CE raid stuff tonight. Hopefully my luck turns around.

Also with basically everything done on Tuesday, I suppose this is a good week to start that third character!

This week's haul!

Helm of Saint-14 (Great Intellect Roll at 122 Max)
The Chance (Decent 331 Handcannon)
Plenty of Radiant Shards and Energy (more shards than energy!)
Strange Coins
Plenty of Ascendant Shards and Energy
Mida Multi Tool (Old One from Gorgon Chest - Sharded for Exotic Shard)
CE Hunter Gauntlets (Better rolls with intellect and discipline versus discipline and strength)
CE Warlock Chest (Another strength roll...ugh)
Payback SOS (Meh 331 AR)

An alright week, not as good as others but not nearly as bad as the week The Dark Below launched. Crota's End runs were awful, shards and energy on everything but 2 rolls which got me some armour I already had, only 1 had a better roll. However I have had great luck since my Titan has 4/4 pieces, and my Warlock and Hunter have 3/4. They both need the helmets. I have all the weapons too. So really just 2 helmets and the ship, so I can't complain.

I am now 500 rep away from Eris Rank 4 and 150 rep away from Crucible Rank 3.

Eris Rank 4 will get me the ability to get more radiant shards and have my second character (Hunter) to 32. While Crucible Rank 3 and 48 more Crucible marks will get me the Satrienne Rapier.

At this point I have 21/24 exotic weapons and almost all exotic armour, so I can't expect those last ones to come easy.

LTWood12

For those that have the vex, do you happen to recall if you were the one holding the shield when Atheon was killed? I'm frequently the relic holder and I never get the drop. Just trying to see if there's any correlation.

phen0m24

For those that have the vex, do you happen to recall if you were the one holding the shield when Atheon was killed? I'm frequently the relic holder and I never get the drop. Just trying to see if there's any correlation.

I was a floating blue orb.

both times

Top Bottom