• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Hyun Sai

No, it is not you. Destiny Public Events is a crap thing... I keep saying this to my friends who swear to God it is amazeballs and perfect... as we stand around with our ghosts for minutes after the event is supposed to materialize.

The Divide public event is usually 5-7 minutes late on this site. On the other hand, Achers Line and some others are accurate if you go there 2 minutes before the timing.

Problem is some are clicking when Swords of Crota spawn, so the timing is sometimes messed up.

DNAbro

No, it is not you. Destiny Public Events is a crap thing... I keep saying this to my friends who swear to God it is amazeballs and perfect... as we stand around with our ghosts for minutes after the event is supposed to materialize.

it says it takes up to 6 minutes for it to activate and that seems to always be true.

It's a good site with user submitted information.

You are aware that every public even has a window of activation, right?

Like, if DPE says the Walker in the Divide timer is at 2 minutes, that means it will spawn in 2-7 minutes.

I've used that thing or days, and the only times I've noticed mistakes are when there are psn/server outages, and it usually takes 2448 to get it back on track.

Fair enough... I should have said I have one been part of its usage a few times. But those few times left a sour taste in my mouth. Perhaps I will give it another go.

cilonen

It's a good site with user submitted information.

You are aware that every public even has a window of activation, right?

Like, if DPE says the Walker in the Divide timer is at 2 minutes, that means it will spawn in 2-7 minutes.

I've used that thing or days, and the only times I've noticed mistakes are when there are psn/server outages, and it usually takes 2448 to get it back on track.

The color of the icon next to the event name indicates how reliable that event is too, mothyards and divide on Earth are green, they almost always happen. The orange and red ones won't always spawn. Red rarely.

Edit: get to the location a couple of minutes early too just in case.

phen0m24

So we did a normal Atheon for the fun of it.. And I got a Red Death.

Not too shabby!

Thanks Illini, Zombiemortar, ErnieMcCracken, Mattiator and berried treasure!

Fun and well, the jumping puzzle.. Let's leave flawless for another day.

;)

So we did a normal Atheon for the fun of it.. And I got a Red Death.

Not too shabby!

Thanks Illini, Zombiemortar, ErnieMcCracken, Mattiator and berried treasure!

Fun and well, the jumping puzzle.. Let's leave flawless for another day.

;)

That was a lot of fun man. Finally got one of the last two primaries I needed. Only Fatebringer left...and let's just say not my proudest moments during the jumping puzzle.

LordofPwn

I've solo'd Nightfalls and Weeklies, but it's getting old. I have six to do this week and Omnigul alone... naw. I don't even wanna try, haha.

I hear yeah. ever since they normalized strikes doing them solo has become a chore more than a challenge. I'll now start it solo and wait for others to join as i progress through them. last night i made it all the way to jovian complex before 2 people joined up. Still need 1 more nightfall and 2-3 heroics

Hyun Sai

For all the experts PVPers here, what is the best set-up I could use for it ?

I've got :

Primary : Suros Regime, Fatebringer, Vex, VoC, Up for anything.

Secondary : Patience and time, Murmur, Praedyth Revenge, Crota's end Fusion rifle, Ice Breaker.

Heavy : Truth, Song of Yr Ut, Corrective measure, Hunger of Crota.

Thanks !

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Now everybody just plays CE, but is anyone interested in running a VoG Hard on ps4?

EL CUCO

Destinyeventtracker.com has about 95% success rate for me.

cilonen

I've got :

Secondary : Patience and time, Murmur, Praedyth Revenge, Crota's end Fusion rifle, Ice Breaker.

Thanks !

I'm no expert but I find the best primary to be one I'm most familiar with, so a hand cannon for me. I tried to get on board the auto rifle hype train and was getting pasted. Tried a match with my regular hand cannon and held my own more or less, so what you feel comfortable with certainly has a bearing on it.

blackflag

Am I the only one that likes Dragons Breath?

For me, it's positives are:
- rate of fire: I can get off all three shots and start reloading in the time it takes other launchers to shoot twice.
- combines devastation with strategy: a huge blast radius clears an area as well as closing choke points with the flare. It give you a great option for disrupting the enemies flow.
- stationary enemy killer: goodbye Shrieker!

It's not an all-around ass kicking machine like ballhorn but it has its place and I enjoy how unique it is.

The flare needs a buff though. It should set enemies on fire at the very least since they run from it.

No tracking alone means it's pretty terrible. I bought it cuz I gotta get em all

Shit as in bad stuff. My Internet is out right now. Would be pissed if it was something good.

This sucks...

I must have bad taste. But honestly a rocket launcher that has a World War II fighter plane paintjob and spits out smoke is pretty bad ass.

Next request. Ballahorn with Pinup model paintjob.

I've got :

Thanks !

This is entirely subjective and largely depends on your playstyle. There really isn't a superior loadout that we could suggest. Some guns are technically better but player skill matters far more in Crucible than statistical advantage.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Im in if you get more people!

Let's start a group here and see if we can get more people.

VoG Hard Ps4

1- Yurikerr
2- the_log_ride
3- gprctp1.
4-
5-
6-

A lot of folks still run VoG. Gotta get that Fatebringer and/or Vex!

I have both (yeah, luck bastard), but still want VoC, like the exotics change (on a luck night got hawkmoon and ballahorn on the same raid) and VoG still os pretty fun.

I'll join. Level 31 hunter.

PSN: cpt20

edited to include you

Steroyd

I've got :

Thanks !

Primary - you can't go wrong with the Suros, I don't like Fatebringer as a Pvp weapon, don't know why.

Special- Light of the abyss out of those, probably one of the best fusion rifles so far.

Heavy - Either Corrective Measure or Truth, Rocket Launcher trumps Machine Gun, but if you don't get rocketed you can stretch your Corrective measure to last you till the next heavy drop effectively lasting the whole match if you select field scout.

I've got :

Thanks !

If it were me, I'd go

Suros, Light of the Abyss, Corrective Measure

Use Abyss as your Primary, and only pop out SUROS when things a little too far out of range. Clean up shop with Corrective Measure, a good spree and the right kills can leave you using a machine gun all the way until the next heavy ammo spawn.

At least, that's basically what I do.

I typically role
Primary: Doesn't matter
Special: Plan-C
Heavy: Corrective Measure

I've literally gone from the 9:00 heavy spawn to the 5:30 heavy spawn without having to switch weapons.

purg3

slept with Malkin

I've got :

Thanks !

I'm not a pvp expert, but I would roll with Fatebringer/Praedyth/Corrective Measure

I usually roll with Vanquisher, Found Verdict, Corrective Measure. Although I just leveled Thorn so that will probably be my new primary.

I've got :

Thanks !

For primary I would go Suros/Vex/Up for anything

Secondary, Crota FR or Praedyths

Heavy : All of those are good choices cept Song of Ir Yut

I've solo'd Nightfalls and Weeklies, but it's getting old. I have six to do this week and Omnigul alone... naw. I don't even wanna try, haha.

I've got 1 NF and 3 weeklies left. If you're on tomorrow I can bust some of them out with you.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

LordofPwn

I've got :

Thanks !
I'm more of a rising star than expert but:
Its all down to preference/maps/mode

I'd run
Vex/Suros
PR/Light of the Abyss
Corrective Measure

I hear yeah. ever since they normalized strikes doing them solo has become a chore more than a challenge. I'll now start it solo and wait for others to join as i progress through them. last night i made it all the way to jovian complex before 2 people joined up. Still need 1 more nightfall and 2-3 heroics

Ha, that's what I do. Somebody almost always joins.

Sullichin

This past reset I wanted Gjallarhorn, Raid boots for Hunter for the heavy perk, and Heart of Praxic Fire. I got Dragons Breath from CE and Starfire from Xur with the heavy perk. Close enough I suppose. Not happy with the stat spread on my Warlock right now though, 42% discipline is underwhelming with Sunsinger. The raid gloves I have only give strength.

Taking a break. Lag in PVP right now is screwing up my kills. Hopefully it's better later.
It's been a long time since I've played with ya, Lik. Do you still go mic-less? I'm thinking of getting some crucible in tonight, depending on my schedule.

Sh0k

Let's start a group here and see if we can get more people.

VoG Hard Ps4

1- Yurikerr
2- the_log_ride
3- gprctp1.
4-
5-
6-

I have both (yeah, luck bastard), but still want VoC, like the exotics change (on a luck night got hawkmoon and ballahorn on the same raid) and VoG still os pretty fun.

edited to include you

Sign me in too if you need more people, PSN Shokleeto

Top Bottom