• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

LiK

Cømet;146353286 said:
Yeah...it's a bit of an odd situation. He's a friend through a friend I raid with (or used to, before he gave up cos he can't get VoC). He's a bit odd, in that he's fine most of the time but then he'll pull random stunts like this to piss people off. Bit of a cnut huh...

He is. Like I said above, a friend of a friend.

lol okay, if you want to be a dick suit yourself. I didn't boot the guy and I didn't want him booted either.

Because this is the first time he's pulled this shit. He doesn't usually pull this crap, usually just jabs and laughs with each other.

I don't know why he decided it'd be funny.

He sounds like an idiot. Hopefully he doesn't pull this shit with another Gaffer or else he's gonna get you blacklisted here. No one wants to play with someone who might boot them for shits and giggles. Or maybe never ever let him be team leader.

I got an Ice Breaker on my second or third Nightfall ever, but it's been pretty bone dry in terms of weapon drops since then.
Started playing around Black Friday.

"In most people's cases" being the key term meaning there are exceptions.

I agree, we'll call it a bone throw then. we are in it for the long haul, we dont need it. Im sure bungie wants to keep there new christmas player base around by giving something im sure they will be able use.

I've had this game since the day it came out. I only JUST NOW realized that weapons don't always have the same perks. I thought Gun A had specific perks A, B, and C always. Apparently, it's more like Gun A can have three of the following: perk A, B, C, D, E, or F.

themoreyouknow.gif

Namikaze1

I immediately dismantle any non exotic pulse rifles. Fuck those weapons. Any other, I just look at the perks. If good/great perks, keep. If awful/average, destroy.

stb

Anyone have room for a 31 Titan to run CE any day this week after 7pm Eastern? I haven't run it at all past the first chest. Plenty of HM VoGs under my belt, so I shouldn't be too much of a liability, and have a nearly maxed 331 ghorn and icebreaker to contribute to Crota DPS.

matmanx1

My Gift was a Secret Handshake (which I had been wanting anyway) with Shot Package and Grenadier. Also has Soft Ballistics (for increased stability) and Hammer Forged for increased range and accuracy. Believe it or not this was the next item that I was going to buy from the Vanguard. I am pleased with my gift.

Bogeypop

I agree, we'll call it a bone throw then. we are in it for the long haul, we dont need it. Im sure bungie wants to keep there new christmas player base around by giving something im sure they will be able use.

They'll surely make up for it on Valentine's, right!? There's got to be some bullshit lore in those cards about how Valentine's Day strengthens the Traveler's Light and he shoots out GHorns for everyone or something, right? RIGHT!?

I've had this game since the day it came out. I only JUST NOW realized that weapons don't always have the same perks. I thought Gun A had specific perks A, B, and C always. Apparently, it's more like Gun A can have three of the following: perk A, B, C, D, E, or F.

themoreyouknow.gif
Bungie doesn't communicate to the player very well in this game. The community has really been the saving grace in discovering the more detailed aspects of the game.

Bungie doesn't communicate to the player very well in this game. The community has really been the saving grace in discovering the more detailed aspects of the game.

Some of it certainly falls on me just being oblivious but I'm floored that I've missed simple things like that.

LiK

Some of it certainly falls on me just being oblivious but I'm floored that I've missed simple things like that.

There's a lot of things we don't notice until some hardcore player checked for us. Thanks to GAF and Reddit for most of the info I get.

phen0m24

Hey guys and gals I think Comet has said a number of times now that someone on his list pulled a jerk move and he regrets it even though he didn't do it. And he offered to re-do the strike with Rodiard as penance.

OT15|By their friends list ye shall know them?
I once friended a guy while bloom farming who seemed cool but then he wanted to cheese Atheon. Please don't hate me?

Increase the peace my friends. This is GAF.

YourFriend

Neo Member
2 night falls done. 1st I got 10 strange coins. Then the game must have felt that was too good for me. 2nd nightfall I get 9 strange coins.

Nuszka

If I'm overstepping my bounds by joining your Nightfall please feel free to remove me but maybe do it sooner than when the boss is right about to die and I've already helped get there. :/

In like 2 hours i will be available to help you out with the nightfall , sent you a fr request

Ooooohhhhhh, I got the Badger CCL from Holiday Rahool. It's a step down in every way, except higher Impact and the precision kill makes things go "Boom!" perk. What says you, DestinyGAF? Is the Badger's explodey perk really that great to make up the difference?

badger.jpg

Skele7on

Banned

Bungie do communicate, through email..

I got this weird starter guide through then and then one on how to level past 20.

Some of the weirdest ways of communicating to a player ever.

You should have seen my face when I found out way late that hitting a downed walker in the neck did super critical damage. Felt like a right idiot, I did.

Bungie do communicate, through email..

I got this weird starter guide through then and then one on how to level past 20.

Some of the weirdest ways of communicating to a player ever.
Really? Wow, never got anything like that from them. I sure as hell get emails about upcoming DLC, but not stuff like that!

I've missed a lot of things too, don't worry. When I'm not playing the game, I'm typically perusing the wikis and DestinyGAF for as much information as possible. I only recently found out about what my Strange Coins do and Xur a few days ago. Currently level 30 with 91 hours played.

The range on the Plac C fusion rifle....oh. my. god. You don't have to be anywhere close to get a full kill with this thing. The range is is already above halfway by default AND you can increase it with upgrades. And that impact..sweet baby jesus I've been missing out for some time now.

its not useless for everybody, my little brother is 29 and has shit weopons. hopefully he'll get something good. he doesnt grind that much.

True. My youngest brother got the game for Christmas, so this is his first Legendary. With the Queen's Wrath missions gone, I guess this is the easy early legendaries for new players? Maybe that is what Bungie was thinking all along? I am fine with this, but a little something extra (like Halloween^^) would be nice.

Vanguard weapon gift. Interesting. All the Christmas noob got a huge hand up.

Since I don't think RNG is really RNG I am going out on a limb and predicting I will get my third consecutive Secret Handshake with terrible perks.

Cømet;146350523 said:
Sorry man, kept telling my friend not to do it but he enjoys being a dick for no reason. He was fireteam leader unfortunately.
He doesn't sound like much of a friend to me. I am thankfully reminded to not ever group up with you now. You're only as good as the company you keep, after all.

For my gift I got, Another NITC. It has Firefly and Who's next. I'll take it! Looks like my Crusader is the one getting dismantled.

I still don't know how the Rock of Cheese and the Room of De-Spawning got past them.

Didn't you hear? Bungie fired their QA Testers and are now using crowd sourcing of the Destiny community to find bugs, cheese, glitches etc.

That's why they delayed the hard raid.

Hahahaha I wouldn't doubt this.

Skele7on

Banned
True. My youngest brother got the game for Christmas, so this is his first Legendary. With the Queen's Wrath missions gone, I guess this is the easy early legendaries for new players? Maybe that is what Bungie was thinking all along? I am fine with this, but a little something extra (like Halloween^^) would be nice.

We boosted a friend from rank 1 to 30 in a week.

It is seriously easy to get geared up now, like ridiculously easy.

But yeah it is a nice touch for players who maybe joining destiny alone..

For my gift I got, Another NITC. It has Firefly and Who's next. I'll take it! Looks like my Crusader is the one getting dismantled.

Shit that is a good roll.

I'm glad I didn't get a Scout Rifle with firefly otherwise I would be pissed at all the Crucible grinding I just did for the Rapier.

Nah, I'm glad I'm actually good at Crucible now.

Yes!
Rank 44 Reward... The only DO shader left is Revenant then I can move on to New Monarchy.

Also got Another NITC from the gift packed which I already had and liked but this one has better perk rolls than the previous.

Top Bottom