• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

So what worthwhile 331 Vanguard, Faction and Crucible weapons are there?

So far I have:
-Santerienne Rapier
-Vanquisher VIII
-Payback SOS
-Badger CCL
-Another NITC
-The Devil You Don't
-LDR 5001
-The Trolley Problem
-Plug One.1
-Y-09 Lomgbow Synthesis
-Prudence II
-The Culling

The Calling from Future War Cult is the only one I want now. Any others? I don't use shotguns or have a need for Rocket Launchers (Hunger of Crota and Ghorn).

Bogeypop

So the gifts are out.

Full disclosure: I really wanted a ghost shell and just didn't want to get my hopes up :p

They seem to all be vanguard weapons, eh? There isn't much I actually want from their vendor- a machine gun would be nice. Or a TDYD with an interesting roll for the collection.

Yeah, I think there's room for this week, i'll check. Info post coming soon this morning

Why'd you have to be such a Debbie Downer to the rest of us who thought it was Shell?

PHzH0dh.gif

Cømet

Banned
One person wasn't on my friendslist so maybe it was them. Who knows. Doesn't matter, the other has been blocked forever.

I ran out of ammo towards the end and wasn't doing as much but I did plenty of damage against Spongebob, killed all three of his subordinates and helped with the tank. Sliver of health left and suddenly *removed from Fireteam* -- really dudes?

Sorry man, kept telling my friend not to do it but he enjoys being a dick for no reason. He was fireteam leader unfortunately.

I can help you later if you want, but I understand if not.

I just got a New Monarchy Red Hand IX that rolled with outlaw and third eye with options for perfect balance/single point sling/explosive rounds.

Keep or dismantle?

4 Epilogues, 3 VoC's, 6 PR's, 4 Found Verdicts, 2 Fatebringers, 1 HV, 1 CM, 1 Vex, never have received an exotic from Atheon except for the Vex. Only once have I received an exotic from the chest and that was Thunderlord.

Gotten about the same but no VoC and my only exotic from a chest was P&T.

Cruxist

Ummmm. Does the Christmas gift apply to all characters on an account?

Because I just changed characters and as soon as I loaded into orbit, I got an ice breaker. Not complaining, but wow, that was weird.

So far I have:
-Santerienne Rapier
-Vanquisher VIII
-Payback SOS
-Badger CCL
-Another NITC
-The Devil You Don't
-LDR 5001
-The Trolley Problem
-Plug One.1
-Y-09 Lomgbow Synthesis
-Prudence II
-The Culling

The Calling from Future War Cult is the only one I want now. Any others? I don't use shotguns or have a need for Rocket Launchers (Hunger of Crota and Ghorn).

Up For Anything from Vanguard has been my go to primary for the past couple weeks. Just got Another NITC a few days ago, so I'll see once it's leveled how it compares, but I really like Up For Anything. I even use it when I raid.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Cømet;146350523 said:
Sorry man, kept telling my friend not to do it but he enjoys being a dick for no reason. He was fireteam leader unfortunately.

Pretty lame.

Because I just changed characters and as soon as I loaded into orbit, I got an ice breaker. Not complaining, but wow, that was weird.

No that was likely a Crota kill as you don't get it until you go to orbit. No exotics and one per account.

Bogeypop

Oh joy a Time on Target, JUST what I've been wanting, and already have! I absolutely LOVE
(read: hate)
Pulse Rifles! It's not like Bungie could check which weapon you have the most kills with and have given you a Legendary (even a shitty one) of that weapon-type. And here I was ready to get some Roc Strikes going after I picked up my gift, but it disgusted me so much I don't think I want to anymore.

Up For Anything from Vanguard has been my go to primary for the past couple weeks. Just got Another NITC a few days ago, so I'll see once it's leveled how it compares, but I really like Up For Anything. I even use it when I raid.

Vanquisher VIII destroys it IMO

phen0m24

So far I have:
-Santerienne Rapier
-Vanquisher VIII
-Payback SOS
-Badger CCL
-Another NITC
-The Devil You Don't
-LDR 5001
-The Trolley Problem
-Plug One.1
-Y-09 Lomgbow Synthesis
-Prudence II
-The Culling

Seekrit Hanndshayk shhh it's a secret

Oh joy a Time on Target, JUST what I've been wanting, and already have! I absolutely LOVE
(read: hate)
Pulse Rifles! It's not like Bungie could check which weapon you have the most kills with and have given you a Legendary (even a shitty one) of that weapon-type. And here I was ready to get some Roc Strikes going after I picked up my gift, but it disgusted me so much I don't think I want to anymore.

They really should have given us a token to choose any vendor weapon. Is it really that big of a deal for them that everything needs to be RNG. Fuck.

Deku Tree

So far I have:
-Santerienne Rapier
-Vanquisher VIII
-Payback SOS
-Badger CCL
-Another NITC
-The Devil You Don't
-LDR 5001
-The Trolley Problem
-Plug One.1
-Y-09 Lomgbow Synthesis
-Prudence II
-The Culling

Wow you have a lot of good weapons!

I am mostly just buying Vanguard weapons, and or using ones that I get as dropped by RNG. I realize they are not the 100% most lethal weapons in the game but I have a lot of good exotics and I am extremely lethal even if I am only using the legendary weapons that RNG gave me.

Cømet;146350523 said:

I'll make sure to never play any Destiny with you or your shitty friend then!

Wow you have a lot of good weapons!

I am mostly just buying Vanguard weapons, and or using ones that I get as dropped by RNG. I realize they are not the 100% most lethal weapons in the game but I have a lot of good exotics and I am extremely lethal even if I am only using the legendary weapons that RNG gave me.

Many were from drops, some earned via marks. Rapier was. I am really happy I finally got to Crucible Rank 3.

Yeah, one exotic at all times means you only need 2 other really good guns.

We good to go back to Tuesdays next week for nightfall runs and such?

Bogeypop

They really should have given us a token to choose any vendor weapon. Is it really that big of a deal for them that everything needs to be RNG. Fuck.

Wouldn't be surprised if with House of Wolves they make it RNG to even get into the correct Raid, by making a roulette between it, VoG, and Crota.

Yup! There are some cons though. Sitting closer to the monitor makes you notice the lack of anti aliasing on many surfaces, 30FPS is much more noticeable for me, and lastly no comfy cough mode :(

On the pro side! no input lag at all, picture quality/colors seems to be richer, I can see targets much easier, aiming feels better/quicker.

This also comes from someone who has TERRIBLE eye sight, so being closer to the screen helps me quite a bit.

Made a huge impact for me :) Try it!

I also definitely notice the AA difference, however that's the only real con for me. I never played on my couch, so that doesn't bother me. Color also seems better, same with quality. So the pros definitely out weigh the cons for me. Play Destiny and MCC like this is just too good.

I'm actually going to invest in a better monitor now.

I like that it's random, so I have a shot at getting something with decent perks. Anything decent the vendor sells I already have. I'm sure I'm going to get one of the crappy pulse rifles though, because I've gotten at least 6 of them since the expansion.

you changed characters and it just popped up on the right? need to see proof

Bogeypop

I like that it's random, so I have a shot at getting something with decent perks. Anything decent the vendor sells I already have. I'm sure I'm going to get one of the crappy pulse rifles though, because I've gotten at least 6 of them since the expansion.

I'd rather take a No Land Beyond than a Pulse Rifle, that's how much I hate them.

I got a Pulse Rifle as a late Christmas gift. -__-

I wish it was coal instead.

Coal would be like receiving a GHorn in comparasion to a Pulse Rifle

phen0m24

Hahaha yeah I hear its good, but I never use shotguns. I'll wait for it to drop or something. I can't see anything else to get.

What about other good handcannons?

Dude: you have Thorn. Lol Byron is playing Destiny weapon Pokemon

I am too

If you have Invective at least try Secret Handshake. AutoAim got a sick roll. Wish I could try that. Wow full auto aiming down the sights you would clean house! :)

Rubenov

Cømet;146350523 said:

And this person is your "friend"? I wouldn't have any friends that do this kind of thing...

I understand but the Gjallarhorn frenzy is out of control. It's kind of dumb really that in places like LFG people look for players with Gjallarhorns for Crota when it's still easy without one

If the group is requiring Ghorn for anything at this point, the group is either bad or lazy and you don't want to be a part of it.

(exception - timed speed kills)

I'd rather take a No Land Beyond than a Pulse Rifle, that's how much I hate them.

I hate both...so of course I have NLB and an exotic pulse rifle, neither of which I asked for. I just want an exotic auto rifle :-/ The CoD in me needs to have a bullet-sprayer on-hand.

P.S. Does anyone do "beginner" Crota runs? Some folks from here helped a group of us through our first VoG raid awhile back and it was a godsend.

Skele7on

Banned
Cømet;146350523 said:

Yeah your friend is a dick.... You have a poor choice in friends, did it tickle your pickle when he's a massive dick to people you don't know, you simply snigger along like a high school bullies friend.

Deku Tree

Many were from drops, some earned via marks. Rapier was. I am really happy I finally got to Crucible Rank 3.

Yeah, one exotic at all times means you only need 2 other really good guns.

We good to go back to Tuesdays next week for nightfall runs and such?

My raid group has been raiding on Tuesday Evenings since we stopped doing NF's at that time... I will have to see what they are up to before I can say anything certain... I will check ASAP though... I would like to start up our regular nightfall group again though.

Bogeypop

Honestly, a new Legendary Ghost Shell would have been a hundred times better, despite everyone tired of Dinklebot, than a random, useless (in most people's cases) Legendary weapon. You know it's bad when Bungie fails to even deliver on your lowered expectations.

Carn82

I got Up For Anything a few days ago, and Vanquisher VII yesterday. Swimming in ARs!

phen0m24

Coal would be like receiving a GHorn in comparasion to a Pulse Rifle

I'll get another fusion rifle. Probably a Purifier.
Again

Or plugone.1 that I almost have completely leveled up already.

I just want an ice breaker

My raid group has been raiding on Tuesday Evenings since we stopped doing NF's at that time... I will have to see what they are up to before I can say anything certain... I will check ASAP though... I would like to start up our regular nightfall group again though.

We can do Wednesday nights if you want? That may work better for me for RL stuff.

Dude: you have Thorn. Lol Byron is playing Destiny weapon Pokemon

I am too

If you have Invective at least try Secret Handshake. AutoAim got a sick roll. Wish I could try that. Wow full auto aiming down the sights you would clean house! :)

Haha yeah. We really need more Vault space. Please. Bungie. Hopefully they have something to say about it for this weeks update. We haven't had anything substantial in the update for a month now.

That Secret Handshake roll is amazing.

Honestly, a new Legendary Ghost Shell would have been a hundred times better, despite everyone tired of Dinklebot, than a random, useless (in most people's cases) Legendary weapon.

its not useless for everybody, my little brother is 29 and has shit weopons. hopefully he'll get something good. he doesnt grind that much.

LTWood12

Cømet;146352146 said:
You don't need to tell me. I'm not particularly happy with him either.

Suit yourself, I'm not the one that boots people. What's your ID, I'll take you off my FL if you like so you can be sure.

Just curious, why do you play with this guy if he's such a d-bag?

Cømet

Banned
And this person is your "friend"? I wouldn't have any friends that do this kind of thing...

Yeah...it's a bit of an odd situation. He's a friend through a friend I raid with (or used to, before he gave up cos he can't get VoC). He's a bit odd, in that he's fine most of the time but then he'll pull random stunts like this to piss people off. Bit of a cnut huh...

Yeah your friend is a dick.... You have a poor choice in friends, did it tickle your pickle when he's a massive dick to people you don't know, you simply snigger along like a high school bullies friend.

He is. Like I said above, a friend of a friend.

lol okay. I didn't boot the guy and I didn't want him booted either.

Just curious, why do you play with this guy if he's such a d-bag?

Because this is the first time he's pulled this shit. He doesn't usually pull this crap, usually just jabs and laughs with each other.

I don't know why he decided it'd be funny.

Bogeypop

I'll get another fusion rifle. Probably a Purifier.
Again

Or plugone.1 that I almost have completely leveled up already.

I just want an ice breaker

I got an Ice Breaker on my second or third Nightfall ever, but it's been pretty bone dry in terms of weapon drops since then.
Started playing around Black Friday.

its not useless for everybody, my little brother is 29 and has shit weopons. hopefully he'll get something good. he doesnt grind that much.

"In most people's cases" meaning there are exceptions.

Top Bottom