• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

If I'm overstepping my bounds by joining your Nightfall please feel free to remove me but maybe do it sooner than when the boss is right about to die and I've already helped get there. :/
Da fuq?

That's a dick move if I ever heard one. At you sir it wasn't an accident?

Yes, that's what I do.
Never tried to come back to it without pressing Square.
My understanding was that it was constantly recording the last 15 minutes, but that you had to actually call for the system to save them in a proper file.

That makes more sense :)

I must of been constantly saving videos clips whilst playing games like inFamous and Killzone then as there are litterally gigabytes of videos saved and I don't remember specifically asking for any of them! Maybe they changed how the saving worked at some point..

cheers :)

phen0m24

If I'm overstepping my bounds by joining your Nightfall please feel free to remove me but maybe do it sooner than when the boss is right about to die and I've already helped get there. :/
I would never boot you from my fireteam Rodi.

I would teabag your orb if you died tho lol

LiK

One person wasn't on my friendslist so maybe it was them. Who knows. Doesn't matter, the other has been blocked forever.

I ran out of ammo towards the end and wasn't doing as much but I did plenty of damage against Spongebob, killed all three of his subordinates and helped with the tank. Sliver of health left and suddenly *removed from Fireteam* -- really dudes?

Yea, and by joining their game, NF actually gets easier the more people are in the fireteam from what I know. So even if you ran outta ammo, you were still helping. If you need NF help tonight, I'll help you out for your drop. Let me know.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I got Secret Handshake with Field Scout, Full Auto, Hammer Forged etc.

I already had the shotgun with same perks ;_;

I think the Bungie one is better hmm.

I gotta be at work for 7 more hours while my gift just sits at the postmaster's. Dammit!

I know some people are up to their ears in legendary and exotic weapons, but I'm stoked considering I have just one right now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So the gifts are out.

Full disclosure: I really wanted a ghost shell and just didn't want to get my hopes up :p

They seem to all be vanguard weapons, eh? There isn't much I actually want from their vendor- a machine gun would be nice. Or a TDYD with an interesting roll for the collection.
Are the Thursday VoG runs still going Hawk? I wanna take baby Hunter (L27).
Yeah, I think there's room for this week, i'll check. Info post coming soon this morning

Atheon doesn't move around much though. It is pretty impractical for trash and fast mobs unless you have a good sniper nest to aim from. It is even pretty hard to use on Vallus T'auric as after the first shot he shreds you with his pea shooter.

Honestly I'd love to see a video of someone doing this. Getting 3 crits in a row with a sniper gun on a consistent basis just seems really difficult. On pho goth, priest, etc, sure, they barely move. Against random enemies? I would say it's nearly impossible most of the time.

indeed, Black Hammer i've only found super useful against the Tank in Valus mission, Ogres, Sepiks Prime and a few other bosses where you can consistently stay still, boss stays relatively still and you can just mash the trigger as fast as you can to land constant hits.

Homeboyd

Don't think I got a gift. Have 3 characters and checked on 2 of them and I'm looking at the tower map on the app for my third and there's no package listed. Maybe when I sign in on the 3rd it'll appear..

How are people supposed to know where you are in the Nightfall? If you are accusing them of watching you play through and then jumping in at the last minute, that's one thing, but if they boot the game up and see that you have an open spot in the Nightfall, what are they supposed to do if they join and you're at the end? I think the end is when you need the most help anyway. (I am not the one who joined him, btw.)

E92 M3

Don't think I got a gift. Have 3 characters and checked on 2 of them and I'm looking at the tower map on the app for my third and there's no package listed. Maybe when I sign in on the 3rd it'll appear..

You have a 3rd now lol? Or you always had one as a storage locker?

How do Hunter's and Warlock's enter?

pJ9zBUC.gif

Jinjo

How are people supposed to know where you are in the Nightfall? If you are accusing them of watching you play through and then jumping in at the last minute, that's one thing, but if they boot the game up and see that you have an open spot in the Nightfall, what are they supposed to do if they join and you're at the end? I think the end is when you need the most help anyway. (I am not the one who joined him, btw.)

You're misunderstanding. He joined someone else's Nightfall. Helped them through most of the way, then the fireteam leader kicked him right before they killed the boss.

Jinjo

I don't think you can angle it straight down. I'd bet you hit a wall on the side and that does it.

Will test today, though.

After a certain point it will arc down though. It's not a straight line, after a while you rapidly lose your angle. So it might work, makes it even more awesome.

Yea, and by joining their game, NF actually gets easier the more people are in the fireteam from what I know. So even if you ran outta ammo, you were still helping. If you need NF help tonight, I'll help you out for your drop. Let me know.

Were you able to get carried through the first two parts of the raid last night? I saw you asking and would have done it but was already in bed. If you still need it this evening, let me know and I'll solo through it for you if you want.

boofa

Neo Member
Not sure why I keep playing this damn game. My bungie package was a garbage Coiled Hiss 1919 pulse rifle, just like the one I got and broke down from one of my Nightfalls this week. It does have third eye and rangefinder, but not worth keeping when I could just use my firefly badger or bad juju if I wanted a pulse rifle.

Can anyone explain to me how critical damage works in this game? Is every precision shot a critical? I've noticed on bosses I'll be doing a certain amount of damage and then one random shot will do an ungodly amount of damage.

Last night I shot the Knight that shows up about halfway into the Abyss, he had full health. I did one shot to the head, with Black Hammer fresh out of the oven with no upgrades, and it dropped him in one shot that did over 20K damage.

LiK

Were you able to get carried through the first two parts of the raid last night? I saw you asking and would have done it but was already in bed. If you still need it this evening, let me know and I'll solo through it for you if you want.

Yea, my Warlock still needs the loot for it. If you can help solo through it for me, that would be sweet. What's your PSN again?

pieman

Neo Member
I'm a bit uncomfortable...

Every time I try to use a new weapon I back at the end to Vision of Confluence... it is the best weapon in the game but after the 331 upgrade it starting to fell weak.

Bungie please... I need a VC 331 version.

Me too, pretty please.

Maybe you were naughty this year. Santa Rahool is nothing else if not a dickhead.

rNilla

Thanks Tyler and lunlunqq for the Nightfall help! I wish you were blessed with exotics but such is RNG.

Hope you weren't trying to talk to me because no mic or sound!

Can anyone explain to me how critical damage works in this game? Is every precision shot a critical? I've noticed on bosses I'll be doing a certain amount of damage and then one random shot will do an ungodly amount of damage.

Last night I shot the Knight that shows up about halfway into the Abyss, he had full health. I did one shot to the head, with Black Hammer fresh out of the oven with no upgrades, and it dropped him in one shot that did over 20K damage.

Most weapons have a 3x modifier for crit damage. The only exceptions are ARs which do 2.5x and Snipers that do 5x.

The only other damage modifier is the Titan Weapons of Light perk which can get you 25% or 35% bonus damage.

Currently there is gear that increases damage you do to yellow health bar hive enemies. These could all be playing a factor into what you're doing.

Anyone doing nightfall soon? I need to clean some dishes but I have 3 of them I want to knock out.

Also anyone sharing HM gorgon CP?

Top Bottom