• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I know the'll have the following elemental damages:

Hard mode Hand cannon (Will of Crota) - Void damage

Hard mode Scout Rifle - Arc damage

Hard mode Assault rifle - Solar damage

Hmmm, elemental primaries are pretty awesome.

Lmao. That "christmas package gift" (or whatever you want to call it) was a joke. Bungie can't be serious. There were a lot more amazing gifts in other games and all that we've got here is 1 shitty legendary weapon. I mean come on. Not even some sort of discount from Vendors/Xur during holidays? Booooo.

/end rant

I am about as jaded as they come with this game, but I hope this is satire because this reaction isn't remotely warranted. They didn't have to give anything and regardless what they give, there will be a portion of the player base that finds it useless. You are no worse off for getting this freebie.

EL CUCO

FUCK YEA HAWKMOON!!!!

Thank you guys so much. Been hoping for this Hawkmoon drop since Destiny released. Now I just need Ballerhorn. I have 2 more nightfalls to do if you guys need to complete more. (Thanks Deku for joining us since you already did it)
Congrats man! Don't forget about us little guys that still rock the Thorn in your new superstar life.

Skele7on

Banned
Hrmmm so launch of House of Wolves launch of Tueaday March 10th, 2015.

Leak was right?

Hard Mode Crotas End: Tuesday January 20th, 2015
House of Wolves: Tuesday March 10, 2015

dates may change by a week or two-ish...

Wait and see. But looking at trends I would say very correct.

log on to check this "small legendary package"

another dumb devil you don't with terrible rolls.

I_don%27t_know_what_I_expected.gif

Deku Tree

FUCK YEA HAWKMOON!!!!

Thank you guys so much. Been hoping for this Hawkmoon drop since Destiny released. Now I just need Ballerhorn. I have 2 more nightfalls to do if you guys need to complete more. (Thanks Deku for joining us since you already did it)

Another nightfall or weekly?

Yea I'm down for another nightfall and then weekly. Let me switch out my stuff

I am in for one more NF. Can we start soon?

Homeboyd

Are the PS exclusive weapons going to be available for boners this fall? Are they just added to the loot table for possible drops or how is that going to work? I knew the strikes and pvp maps would become available (RIP everyone when that psion strike is the nightfall), but wasn't sure about the guns.

What's the deal with Hawkmoon btw...? I'm a lowly boner so I can't use it but see you guys freak out about it more than the gjallar...

Lmao. That "christmas package gift" (or whatever you want to call it) was a joke. Bungie can't be serious. There were a lot more amazing gifts in other games and all that we've got here is 1 shitty legendary weapon. I mean come on. Not even some sort of discount from Vendors/Xur during holidays? Booooo.

/end rant

A legendary weapon would be cool. But that's not what this is. This is a vanguard weapon, of which there are really only 3 or 4 good ones, and we don't even get to choose what it is.

The best and most appropriate gift would be an exotic weapon engram. Bungie still gets to RNG and the gift would be worthwhile no matter what.

Next time, Bungie, just don't bother.

Shito

Ooooohhhhhh, I got the Badger CCL from Holiday Rahool. It's a step down in every way, except higher Impact and the precision kill makes things go "Boom!" perk. What says you, DestinyGAF? Is the Badger's explodey perk really that great to make up the difference?

badger.jpg
Hope I'm not too late and you didn't dismantle it: this Badger's a keeper!
Firefly is an awesome perk. Impact is very important, and it makes other stats like rof or stability really less important when it means killing enemies with one shot instead of two. For a scout rifle, the two most important stats are its impact and its range. Those are mini-sniper rifles!
The badger is being slept on by a large portion of players who thinks a scout rifle handles the same way as an auto rifle. :3

That being said: I still want a Rapier badly...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why'd you have to be such a Debbie Downer to the rest of us who thought it was Shell?
hah it just... didn't seem like it to me :X sorry!
Honestly, a new Legendary Ghost Shell would have been a hundred times better, despite everyone tired of Dinklebot, than a random, useless (in most people's cases) Legendary weapon. You know it's bad when Bungie fails to even deliver on your lowered expectations.
Meh. :-/

I'm gonna be the lone curmudgeonly voice here to breathe life into the argument that... it's a gift, it's something for nothing, it has the potential to be something good, it's particularly likely to be beneficial for new players starting out (many of whom exist as a result of the holidays for which this gift is presented).

If I'm the only one who feels this way so be it, but I wish I knew there was a contingent of others, however tiny, that found all the complaining (even encroaching into "Fuck Bungie" territory) about, you know, a gift... unpleasant :p

I'm actually excited to see what I get. Plug One is the only newschool Vanguard weapon I own so far so there's plenty of potential. Hell I wouldn't even mind another one of those in Void, it's amazing.
Did you run Crota yet, Hawk?
Do you mean for the week, or a newbie run? My weekly run with my group is tonight, haven't run it yet personally. I will be looking for other runs by reset though undoubtedly. First CE Newbie run will be next Thursday (the 15th).
I'd like to get in on this if there's enough room.
I'll tally up what we've got here now.
Vanquisher VIII destroys it IMO
don't even have crowd control unlocked but this thing is an absolute monsterpiece. first auto rifle I've truly loved since my trusty Galahad-E.

rNilla

Thanks to Cømet and others for offers to help with the Nightfall but I already got it done earlier today with Tyler and lunlunqq.

Cømet;146350523 said:
Sorry man, kept telling my friend not to do it but he enjoys being a dick for no reason. He was fireteam leader unfortunately.

I can help you later if you want, but I understand if not.

Shit happens. I wasn't invited and we don't play together regularly. I'm sorry you play with such poor company and I hope you'll understand if our paths don't cross again in Destiny anytime soon.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Are the PS exclusive weapons going to be available for boners this fall? Are they just added to the loot table for possible drops or how is that going to work? I knew the strikes and pvp maps would become available (RIP everyone when that psion strike is the nightfall), but wasn't sure about the guns.

What's the deal with Hawkmoon btw...? I'm a lowly boner so I can't use it but see you guys freak out about it more than the gjallar...

Hawkmoon is probably the best overall handcannon out right now. Pretty good in both PvE and PvP. Since Xur will never sell it and you can't get it through an exotic bounty, it's relatively rare. I've seen about 15 ballerhorns drop for each Hawkmoon I've seen.

Jinjo

Fuck you and your christmas gift Bungie. A fucking LDR sniper rifle with crouching increases accuracy. Something non-fucking-RNG would have been fucking nice.

Shards indeed, what a dud.

EL CUCO

HC with Sniper rifle type damage. The thing hits like Mack truck in Pvp as well.

Presumably, they enter the standard loot table and Xur inventory sometime this fall for all platforms.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
don't even have crowd control unlocked but this thing is an absolute monsterpiece. first auto rifle I've truly loved since my trusty Galahad-E.
Nice perks, where did you get it? I dismantled my 300 Vanquisher and am hoping to get something like this.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

/end rant
A legendary weapon would be cool. But that's not what this is. This is a vanguard weapon, of which there are really only 3 or 4 good ones, and we don't even get to choose what it is.

The best and most appropriate gift would be an exotic weapon engram. Bungie still gets to RNG and the gift would be worthwhile no matter what.

*sigh*
Nice perks, where did you get it? I dismantled my 300 Vanquisher and am hoping to get something like this.
Nightfall. I've never even put any rep into New Monarchy.

phen0m24

3 random rounds out of 13 do big bonus damage.
Thorn does DoT damage with every round

It looks amazing.
Thorn has glowy eye thingies and looks sick

I have both and love Thorn but Hawkmoon is a fantastic hc

Dat entitlement.

We are not the average player. Those gifts are probably pretty awesome for the majority of players. Like the ones who actually enjoyed the Queen's Wrath because it was actual upgrades for them.

Fuck you and your christmas gift Bungie. A fucking LDR sniper rifle with crouching increases accuracy. Something non-fucking-RNG would have been fucking nice.

Shards indeed, what a dud.

Lol, I got the same perks from a legendary engram. Only keeping it around to have a Solar Sniper.

rNilla

I don't think it's possible for Bungie to win. Even if everyone got an exotic engram or specific exotic there would still be tons of complaints.

Cømet

Banned
Thanks to Cømet and others for offers to help with the Nightfall but I already got it done earlier today with Tyler and lunlunqq.

Shit happens. I wasn't invited and we don't play together regularly. I'm sorry you play with such poor company and I hope you'll understand if our paths don't cross again in Destiny anytime soon.

Glad you got it done. Of course, best of luck with drops I guess.

Top Bottom