• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Dunk#7

Cømet;146365937 said:
Playing GTA V alongside Destiny has been a major problem. Every little issue with the latter is greatly magnified next to the former, which is just damn sweet. Not to mention the Heists content coming this month being free, shits on Bungie's Expansion plans. That Comet upgrade had better be free.

Add up the fees you would be paying monthly with a typical MMO-type game.

The expansions don't cost that much in comparison to monthly subscriptions

Two Words

Entitlement

They didn't have to give us anything
Or maybe people are disappointed because Bungie talked this up a lot and it was junk. I could tell a lot of people they're all getting s gift from me next week and get them all excited. If I come back the next week with paper hat gifts, and if they are bothered by it it's not entitlement.

bleh, I'll have to do the weekly run post later in the afternoon after this meeting, got busy around here
there are standouts from each Faction/Vendor; vendor version of The Chance from FWC is honestly the best vendor HC available at the moment, it's wild.

Thanks man.

I know I remember my first legendary weapon... it was The Devil You Know, purchased with hard-earned marks. Hadn't had a drop before it, and it's scarcely left my side since.

I'm spacing the name of mine but it was an Auto Rifle and the first place I used it was Ember Caves. I remember getting a legendary Pulse Rifle soon after and swapped to that. That's right haters, I used a Pulse Rifle! It's the BR of Destiny
pls buff bungie
Now if I could just remember their names....Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Is it cool if I use my Titan for our Raid? He's level 30 but I'll give him maxed IB and possibly a maxed Ballerhorn if I can finish the last bubble before we start :D

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Entitlement

They didn't have to give us anything

It's not always entitlement, per se. If all these other companies are doing X for their users, then it's fair to expect, perhaps, that Bungie also do something similar to X. Even my free to play facebook games give out stuff for holidays, have up decorations, etc. Destiny had nothing at all whatsoever, which was a little surprising. Of course, it doesn't matter to me, and I'll still play, but some of us just expected a bit more for such a big time game with such a big time budget. This is especially true when you realize that all the new "content" we've received so far has been, for the most part, just recycled stuff that we've had since September.

Sullichin

Cool. The Legendary I got was another Badger CCL. Except this one has Outlaw, Firefly and Flared Magwell. Exploding precision kill enemies, precision kills increase reload, faster (max) reload. I think I'll use this.
Nice! I got one with Who's Next, Flared and Firefly. I was bummed with that first one but it turns out the faster reload procs with every kill, not just those with the last round. It's still not as good as Outlaw though. Great Crucible scout.

Bogeypop

Stop saying "most". Most people are not upset. It's called a vocal minority.

Bungie's gift for Destiny players was a Legendary Weapon, that a very vocal minority deemed "useless" and are mad. I just liked saying "most" since it hyperbolized what I thought was already a given vocal minority.

Or maybe people are disappointed because Bungie talked this up a lot and it was junk. I could tell a lot of people they're all getting s gift from me next week and get them all excited. If I come back the next week with paper hat gifts, and if they are bothered by it it's not entitlement.

Show me where Bungie talked this up? Because I remember a single very modest tweet.

Everything else was gaming journalism running away with it.

Coconut

Banned
Rodiard got kicked by a gaffers friend at the end of the nightfall (spongebob had a tiny bit of health left) for the lulz... Gaffer didn't want that happen and claimed said friend was usually a dick

tumblr_lszplfBB9Q1qlb62eo1_500.gif

Cømet

Banned
Add up the fees you would be paying monthly with a typical MMO-type game.

The expansions don't cost that much in comparison to monthly subscriptions

Maybe not, but then the MMO-type game content isn't really there either. It also doesn't explain why GTA V is bursting with content and receives continuous free updates and new content whilst Destiny basically rots on its launch stuff.

But let's not go into it. We're all still playing after all. Just wish we had more to do.

Homeboyd

How else did they talk it up other than by saying they were giving us a free gift? Not sarcasm, I actually am wondering what they said besides that.

I think the gift is fine. Good even. But for the type of game it is, I'm pretty underwhelmed by Bungie's holiday plans. Thinking back on games like PSO where there would be special themed enemies, and the lobbies would change with decorations, or recently with GTAV's snowball thing, or even DOTA's big limited holiday games, I was just hoping for a little something extra from Destiny. Just little shit like decorate the Tower, or make it snow on Earth. The Jack o Lantern head was a nice start, but even that was pretty limited and kind of buggy (mine never visually showed up on my character as far as I could tell). I'm hoping they're just time starved at this point, and they'll have more time to do that kind of stuff this year.

Silly question.

If I join on someone's Gorgon CP, I die then go to orbit but we didn't wipe as a team... do I have the cp or not since there wasn't a complete wipe?

I think the gift is fine. Good even. But for the type of game it is, I'm pretty underwhelmed by Bungie's holiday plans. Thinking back on games like PSO where there would be special themed enemies, and the lobbies would change with decorations, or recently with GTAV's snowball thing, or even DOTA's big limited holiday games, I was just hoping for a little something extra from Destiny. Just little shit like decorate the Tower, or make it snow on Earth. The Jack o Lantern head was a nice start, but even that was pretty limited and kind of buggy (mine never visually showed up on my character as far as I could tell). I'm hoping they're just time starved at this point, and they'll have more time to do that kind of stuff this year.
We covered this on the last page. Saying Bungie can and should do better is villainous and means you must be upset, angry and entitled.

I completely agree with you.

Cømet

Banned
Bungie's gift for Destiny players was a Legendary Weapon, that a very vocal minority deemed "useless" and are mad.

It amuses me a bit, because for most of us in this "elite" minority nothing short of a Gjallahorn -tier gift would be of any use. There's no way that's gonna happen.

I will say, I'm a little disappointed we didn't get equip-able santa hats.

I'm starting to believe that if you solo the first 2 parts of CE you are destined to give you energy or shards. .

Bungie and RNG blessed me with Hawkmoon today so I don't even care that the holiday gift was a crappy sniper for me.

Tawpgun

lol.

Deej said that it was legendary

that some would love it and others would dismantle

Cømet

Banned
Silly question.

If I join on someone's Gorgon CP, I die then go to orbit but we didn't wipe as a team... do I have the cp or not since there wasn't a complete wipe?

Afraid not as far as I know. You gots to do the wipe.

I would've preferred a Ghost shell, hah

It annoys me so much that we can't customise our Ghost shells at all. This is Call of Duty-level customisation.

Bogeypop

Cømet;146367326 said:
It amuses me a bit, because for most of us in this "elite" minority nothing short of a Gjallahorn -tier gift would be of any use. There's no way that's gonna happen.

Which I pointed out would still have people furious since that would put everyone on an almost equal playing field without effort. So it's a lose-lose situation for this minority no matter how you slice it.

I really need to create a third character when I get a chance. There's nothing that salves the wound of getting shite as a drop or from a chest more than getting something cool with an alt. Did the first CE chest last night and my Lock gets energy :| Do it with Titan and he gets Dragons Breath :D DB will be nice as I only have one Ballerhorn and won't have to swap it between characters save for specific situations now. Also I think about how much faster I could get Radiant Shards if I had a third guy to run CE each week... I figured I'd wait until each of my characters got the helmet they need to hit 32 (need more shards, too). Thinking about it though, once I max out Ballerhorn tonight, there's nothing else pressing I need to pour XP into so maybe I can create a Hunter after that. Actually, still need to work on Striker subclass but I can slow that down to make a new toon.

phen0m24

We covered this on the last page. Saying Bungie can and should do better is villainous and means you must be upset or angry.

Couldn't help but notice after the use of the word "villainous" our local resident Dark Lord of the Sith posts next.

Coincidence?

I think not.

;)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just started messing around with the Mida Multi tool I got from the nightfall yesterday, and this gun is great, really like the way it feels and shoots. Also, the Another NITC I got from the gift package would be killer if it had better rolls, as it stands it might be an ok pvp gun, might actually keep it for now.

R0ckman

I don't think your tone was particularly offensive, I think I got what you were going for. Your "at the end of the day" is accurate and also, there IS potential for it to be useful for players like us as well. Some people have already posted that they got something they'd actually use, saved marks, or replaced something with lesser rolls.

Or, not? It's a free legendary weapon.

Where'd you even get this impression that they were? They sure made it sound amazing!

They did everything short of saying "HEY PLAYER WHO IS INTO THIS GAME ENOUGH TO REGULARLY READ OUR WEBSITE AND TWITTER ACCOUNT, THIS ISN'T GOING TO BE SOMETHING YOU NEED" to ramp down expectations.

We're not most players. We're not likely to appreciate, well, anything

Ludicrous claim.

you know what? It is. It is out of line. it's out of line and it gets to me. It's just a fucking gift.

Have you considered for a split-second that you're out of touch with the median on the bell curve of the playerbase for this game?

Saying "I would prefer nothing at all" is entitled gibberish. If I get a weapon I actually want from this, which isn't, like, out of the realm of possibility since there are vanguard weapons I want, am I supposed to just dismantle it because it's not something better? Seriously now:

Why is this shit okay? Why did we at some point come to the conclusion that even just being given something is viewed not as magnanimous to any extent, but just one more cause for criticism?

For fuck's sake... try to remember that most people who play this game aren't actually posting online about it.

I'd argue that "small" could be interprited as in quantity, not quality. Deej came on a few days ago to specify that the small was mainly referring to quality. There's just a lot of double actions going on.

They'll give an ear to a vocal minority whinning about cheese and overpowered weapons but they will ignore people who are the minority who would like to get something small but still useful to them. A coupon to any faction or vendor would be good for everyone and would exclude a smaller amount of players.

Just started messing around with the Mida Multi tool I got from the nightfall yesterday, and this gun is great, really like the way it feels and shoots. Also, the Another NITC I got from the gift package would be killer if it had better rolls, as it stands it might be an ok pvp gun, might actually keep it for now.

It is a good weapon, but hope your hand doesn't cramp up after unlocking the hair trigger perk.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
double RP/$ weekends
What is this?
Cømet;146365937 said:
Playing GTA V alongside Destiny has been a major problem. Every little issue with the latter is greatly magnified next to the former, which is just damn sweet. Not to mention the Heists content coming this month being free, shits on Bungie's Expansion plans. That Comet upgrade had better be free.
It will not.
For the record, I am not the guy that said "fuck you and your Christmas gift." Your post makes it look like I am the one that said that. Fortunately for me, I am not that immature :p
You're right. I omitted the name purposefully as I meant to use it as a generic example of the attitude being espoused, but it makes it look like it was you I'm quoting and I absolutely apologize.
Why does it seem like all the loudest voices in the community are the ones posting "no fun allowed" signs everywhere? I am just asking us to push Bungie to be a little better, a little more creative, and a little more rewarding to their most dedicated players. It's fine to disagree with that, though.
Just to be clear here, your position is that saying it's ridiculous to complain about a free gift is equivalent to "no fun allowed"?
We covered this on the last page. Saying Bungie can and should do better is villainous and means you must be upset, angry and entitled.
Bungie can and should do better.

LiK

I know people are happy about the free Legendaries but they don't play the game much. Seems like this free offer was made for the masses. Guys like us play it too much to even care.

hydruxo

I'd argue that "small" could be interprited as in quantity, not quality. Deej came on a few days ago to specify that the small was mainly referring to quality. There's just a lot of double actions going on.

They'll give an ear to a vocal minority whinning about cheese and overpowered weapons but they will ignore people who are the minority who would like to get something small but still useful to them. A coupon to any faction or vendor would be good for everyone and would exclude a smaller amount of players.

Ideally this is what they should have done. A "gift card" that lets us buy one vendor weapon of our choice for free. That way everyone is happy because they can find something they could use.

Just to be clear here, your position is that saying it's ridiculous to complain about a free gift is equivalent to "no fun allowed"?
It means being content with a solution that is boring; not ideal or efficient. Let's strive for something better next time!

Although I do realize Bungie has been scrambling to keep up with the massive game they've created. Every game with MMO elements takes several months of patches to find solid footing.

2 Headshots, DOT will finish them
Does the DoT stack? Say you want to conserve ammo - would it be better to shoot once and let the first DoT finish ticking before shooting again? Or do two shots in a row create two DoTs?

CLBridges

Opened my Bungie gift and it was a legendary machine gun I already had, solar element though so I might keep it.

Now that the gift has been delivered, please deliver us the date of Hard CE release so I can have something to do, thanks Bungie!

Cømet;146367509 said:
It annoys me so much that we can't customise our Ghost shells at all. This is Call of Duty-level customisation.

This is an area Bungie real should take a page from Dark Souls. Fashion souls is some great fun. Definitely need more aesthetic customization.

Top Bottom