• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Deku Tree

I believe two though you have to wait for the DoT to finish them off.

2 head shots I think?

I have bad aim. Don't trust me.

2, but of course it doesn't matter if it's max.

2 Headshots, DOT will finish them

2 with dat DoT

I think 2 finishes them off neatly... Not sure though. Regardless I was just clearing up that damage upgrades on the gun don't affect Crucible.

Thanks!

2 headshots or any shots?

I don't know... It sounds like people are saying headshots.

Edit

Headshots. 3 bodyshots + DoT will typically kill, iirc.

Thanks!

The more purple weapons I can get in my inventory the better. I've been playing for a long time and have a surprisingly slim armory. Whiners gonna whine.

Namikaze1

I know people are happy about the free Legendaries but they don't play the game much. Seems like this free offer was made for the masses. Guys like us play it too much to even care.
Yeah, it's really for them. For the pro playebase, we already have weapons with far better perks through vendors/engrams.

Bogeypop

All this talk of the Christmas gift and inner-GAF struggles has my request lost to the void. So here's a new page, and another shot, anyone want to join up for some Roc Strikes?

Cømet

Banned
This is an area Bungie real should take a page from Dark Souls. Fashion souls is some great fun. Definitely need more aesthetic customization.

Totally. I LOVE customisation. I'd spend hours just messing with my armour if the features were there. Hell I spent an hour readjusting my GTA V cross-platform transfer's face when I got the game, and if I could I'd be in there again readjusting it further.

Samus4145

Cømet;146367509 said:
It annoys me so much that we can't customise our Ghost shells at all. This is Call of Duty-level customisation.

What annoys me is one of my characters somehow has multiple versions of the basic Ghost and I can't delete them.

*Ahem*

I'll leave these here...

Before we kick off, we should note that you should be on the lookout for some small stocking stuffers sometime after the Holidays have come and gone – a small token of our gratitude.

A small, but Legendary token of gratitude is being prepped for delivery later this week. We'll let you know when to check the Postmaster.

Lots of Qs about the holiday gift. No Bjallarhorns. No need to decrypt, either, though we're sure some gifts will be swiftly dismantled.

Seriously, guys. Get a grip. Talked it up? No, anytime they talked about it they talked it down. The word "small" was used in almost every single piece of communication about this. The word "Legendary" was also used.

Whatever hype the disappointed people bought into was purely manufactured by yourselves. It was so incredibly explicit that their gift would not be earth shattering.

I know that my first drop from Crota's Hard End will be the pulse rifle. And it's even arc, just like the Timepiece, so it won't even fill a different niche.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It means being content with a solution that is boring; not ideal or efficient. Let's strive for something better next time!

Although I do realize Bungie has been scrambling to keep up with the massive game they've created. Every game with MMO elements takes several months of patches to find solid footing.
this isn't a "solution." there's no problem that giving players a free legendary weapon solves. it's just a gift. i'm trying not to see us right now as little kids ripping off the wrapping paper and getting the science set they already had in the closet and flipping out throwing a tantrum.

but by all means, let's strive for something better next time. I wanted a ghost shell, which actually is literally useless; I like cosmetic items, I just didn't think there was much chance of it.

I just wished they actually did some festive stuff. Some weird post Golden Age holiday ritual they make up with weird decorations and stuff.

Snow in the tower, shit that most games like this do at the holiday.

Deku Tree

I can't do the new spongebob cheese spot where you jump on top of the high circle light. I fall every time with my warlock even when I get to the right ledge to jump on... Even when I press the jump button twice quickly to get the max height.

JTran can get up there and he was doing so much damage to spongy. I even didn't get the bounty to pop because JTran was too far away from me when he fired the kill shot.

The new spot makes the fight go ridiculously fast compared to the old spots. With two players up there the fight will turn into a joke it'll be so fast.

Bogeypop

this isn't a "solution." there's no problem that giving players a free legendary weapon solves. it's just a gift. i'm trying not to see us right now as little kids ripping off the wrapping paper and getting the science set they already had in the closet and flipping out throwing a tantrum.

but by all means, let's strive for something better next time. I wanted a ghost shell, which actually is literally useless; I like cosmetic items, I just didn't think there was much chance of it.

There's always Valentine's Day for our Ghost Shell dream, Hawkian. I can picture it now; a heart-shaped Dinklebot saying "Don't call me that (sweetheart)".

haha but science is cool!

I agree a ghost shell would have been awesome and creative...especially after seeing all of the neat variations in the art book. A few months ago, I was the guy saying the stunt sparrow should have given us a choice of three or four different paint jobs. Who's armor matches that ugly blue and orange? Not mine!

Cømet

Banned
What annoys me is one of my characters somehow has multiple versions of the basic Ghost and I can't delete them.

That's....a random glitch. A buddy of mine apparently has the Frontier shell at the Postmaster but doesn't have the....legendary edition?..and it won't let him pick it up because of it.

This game really could've used an extra year of testing/development. I kinda wish I hadn't bought it yet, until all of the DLC was out and bundled together at a reasonable price. Never having to see the games hairy nethers would've been great.

I just wishes they actually did some festive stuff. Some weird post Golden Age holiday ritual they make up with weird decorations and stuff.

Snow in the tower, shit that most games like this do at the holiday.

A big-ass christmas tree with tiny exotic weapons ornaments for decorations.

spyder_ur

So the gift is a random (?) vanguard gun with random perks?

Honestly, that sounds pretty alright with me. I'm not sure what people were expecting to be disappointed by this. Looking forward to seeing what I got.

It's 1 per account rather than character, right?

CLBridges

Is it one legendary per account or one per character? Rolled a garbage Payback SOS assault rifle. Was really hoping for a hand cannon.

So the gift is a random (?) vanguard gun with random perks?

Honestly, that sounds pretty alright with me. I'm not sure what people were expecting to be disappointed by this. Looking forward to seeing what I got.

It's 1 per account rather than character, right?

Yep, just one per account.

I think a great portion of this site and people that bother posting about video games on forums in general constantly forget just how much of a minority we are percentage-wise. Many probably can't even conceive the notion of how little the majority of players in any given game actually play, at least compared to us. We play too much video games, guys, we have a lot of good shit already. I'd love some rad shell for my ghost or a sweet sparrow that revs jingle bells when I slam the accelerator but lets be objective and honest, as a whole (and that's how Bungie needs to look at things) it's much cooler of Bungie to hand out a legendary weapon than something cosmetic. The majority of the player base will be ecstatic.

Can and should Bungie do something more interesting around the holidays? Of course! Maybe I'm just spoiled from playing Guild Wars but it's awesome when they decorate major towns for Halloween or Christmas and have themed enemies and items and costumes you can wear. I'd like to think they could have at least decorated The Tower and handed out Santa hats like they did the jack-o-lantern heads, maybe have some sweet snow falling in The Tower! That would have been good for year 1 and then maybe next year they could ramp it up and actually spread holiday influence out in Patrol modes.

Yep, just one per account.

:( Oh well. I guess I just need to keep grinding some crucible marks and hope for the best with my rep level up packages. I am still using so many 300 lvl weapons in slots. I have way more 331 exotics that I do 331 legendaries. If it wasn't for my CE and VoG raid weapons I would be even worse off.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think a great portion of this site and people that bother posting about video games on forums in general constantly forget just how much of a minority we are percentage-wise. Many probably can't even conceive the notion of how little the majority of players in any given game actually play, at least compared to us. We play too much video games, guys, we have a lot of good shit already. I'd love some rad shell for my ghost or a sweet sparrow that revs jingle bells when I slam the accelerator but lets be objective and honest, as a whole (and that's how Bungie needs to look at things) it's much cooler of Bungie to hand out a legendary weapon than something cosmetic. The majority of the player base will be ecstatic.

Can and should Bungie do something more interesting around the holidays? Of course! Maybe I'm just spoiled from playing Guild Wars but it's awesome when they decorate major towns for Halloween or Christmas and have themed enemies and items and costumes you can wear. I'd like to think they could have at least decorated The Tower and handed out Santa hats like they did the jack-o-lantern heads, maybe have some sweet snow falling in The Tower! That would have been good for year 1 and then maybe next year they could ramp it up and actually spread holiday influence out in Patrol modes.
Now that's on the nose. I totally agree that while I'd have personally preferred something that actually WAS useless and cosmetic... a legendary weapon, for many, many players and especially those who've just started, is immeasurably more valuable. I mean, they/we got a gift that can actually help you gameplay-wise. Think about the players out there that are replacing a green or a blue weapon with what's sitting in their postbox right now.

GW/GW2's Wintersday events have always been among my favorites in gaming. They're fun, minigame-packed festivals and the city-wide decorations are gorgeous. There are also lots of holiday-themed rewards you can earn like minipets and weapon skins. I hope that Bungie does put some creative effort into decorating things seasonal later in the game's lifecycle. Though I think it is worth mentioning that ArenaNet actually doesn't give you anything at all as an outright gift, let alone an endgame-viable weapon. It's just funny, in a sort of bleak way, to see responses that are along the lines of- or literally- "fuck you for giving me this."

Well said!

I have the option of going a pure STR/DIS build for my Hunter. I'm debating since I don't know if INT is worth it if I'm playing PVE or PVP since I will have teammates who can pop orbs for me and I can do the same.

People are actually defending Bungie and their gift? Wow. Look at how Rockstar treats their community on GTA V, there were tons of updates and free holiday themed stuff during Christmas, not to mention double RP/$ weekends and so on. I would be cool with stupid shader that couldn't be earned any other way, but giving day 1 players useless junk (yes, I said it) isn't gonna cut it.

So far I'm pretty dissapointed with Bungie, I seriously thought that they would have a living, constantly changing world (based on my interview with them at Gamescom), but I guess no.

lets put it this way, bungie just saved thuosands of newbies countless hours of rep and mark grinding to get thier first legendary weopon. and now that they have it, it will give them the thirst for more and they can enjoy this game like we all do, faults and everything with it.

I just find it hard to believe that some are complaining about a free gift anyway. if anything for you its a couple of extra energy to upgrade the gun you do want.

also, TDYD and Another NITC are not completly useless.

Are people really complaining? They just gave everyone legendary weapons which is better than anything they've given us before. I was seriously expecting some rare engrams

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
That's probably the GOAT Badger right there.
Wow, a fantastic roll. I pray to get something like this. I would enjoy it about as much as a Gjallarhorn.
that sounds like an incredible roll, congratulations on your "useless" gift. ;)
Holy shit, amazing roll you got there.
Welp, looks like I should be excited. I already have another Badger with Volatile Payload (explody rounds) that I love but I guess this accomplishes nearly the same effect. I'd move it over to my alt but I already have a Positive Feedback Rifle (Coiled Hiss 1919).
NF1: Coiled Hiss
NF2: Coiled Hiss
O! A Bungie surprise! ... Coiled Hiss :(
One more NF to do.
Coiled Hiss 1919. Feeding Frenzy, Reactive Reload, Speed Reload or Perfect Balance. So kills increase reloads in which reloading after a kill increases damage. It's not a very long buff but if I go full auto with it it ends right as I need to reload. I go with Perfect Balance because Pulse Rifles are essentially laser beams with it.

Good to know I got the good end of the Christmas presents.

Greenymac

All this talk of the Christmas gift and inner-GAF struggles has my request lost to the void. So here's a new page, and another shot, anyone want to join up for some Roc Strikes?

I wanna Roc, but Im at work for the 5 hours....If youre around about 630 pm eastern, Im game!!

Top Bottom