• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Another NITC would be awesome. I realized vanguard and crucible weapons are better than most Faction weapons, imo, so no more faction leveling for a while except Dead Orbit on 1 character to try to get the shader

Want: Another NITC, Badger CCL, Satrienne Rapier, and LDR.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Cool. The Legendary I got was another Badger CCL. Except this one has Outlaw, Firefly and Flared Magwell. Exploding precision kill enemies, precision kills increase reload, faster (max) reload. I think I'll use this.

Cømet

Banned
Special festive shaders really would've been the best choice for gifts. For Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc etc etc. Candy cane-coloured titans would've been cool.

EDIT: Not that I'm not going to at least try out the pulse rifle I got. Might as well right.

Greenymac

haha, got solar burned. Removed a cast iron skillet from my oven after cooking a steak and set it on the stove top. A minute later I turned around and picked it up with my bare hand....

Did this very thing a couple ears ago. Burned so bad I had to sleep with a bowl of cool water next to the bed on my nightstand just to soothe the pain...I was also drunk off my ass and broiling steaks for me and the lady.

blackflag

Cool. The Legendary I got was another Badger CCL. Except this one has Outlaw, Firefly and Flared Magwell. Exploding precision kill enemies, precision kills increase reload, faster (max) reload. I think I'll use this.

That's probably the GOAT Badger right there.

RdN

I got a Payback SOS auto rifle from my gift.

Had never seen this one before. Husband very high rate of fire and large magazine (64).

How does it compare to other "light machine gun" auto rifles? Any ideas if I should keep this one?

rNilla

I can't believe people are actually pissed off about this. Chill out.

Thread needs less negativity and more dancing.

fRKPLAf.gif

Wow, a fantastic roll. I pray to get something like this. I would enjoy it about as much as a Gjallarhorn.

I'll back up Hawkbro. As he said, we are the tiny percentage of top/elite/obsessive gamers, they are going to cater to the majority with a gift so that it's useful to as many people as possible. There no doubt was a massive influx of new players after Christmas and most of those people won't have hit 20 yet but now they can be pumped as hell to have a legendary weapon waiting for them when they do. I know I'd be if it where my first character in the game. Do you remember how you felt the very first time you got a leg weapon? Do you? Mine wasn't even a type I used but I desti-danced at the increase in damage it did versus my rare fare. This will be a great gift for many gamers, just not us. You want something good? You know how this game works, get your ass back in the grind factory, fools!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
bleh, I'll have to do the weekly run post later in the afternoon after this meeting, got busy around here
Another NITC would be awesome. I realized vanguard and crucible weapons are better than most Faction weapons, imo, so no more faction leveling for a while except Dead Orbit on 1 character to try to get the shader

Want: Another NITC, Badger CCL, Satrienne Rapier, and LDR.
there are standouts from each Faction/Vendor; vendor version of The Chance from FWC is honestly the best vendor HC available at the moment, it's wild.
I'll back up Hawkbro. As he said, we are the tiny percentage of top/elite/obsessive gamers, they are going to cater to the majority with a gift so that it's useful to as many people as possible. There no doubt was a massive influx of new players after Christmas and most of those people won't have hit 20 yet but now they can be pumped as hell to have a legendary weapon waiting for them when they do. I know I'd be if it where my first character in the game. Do you remember how you felt the very first time you got a leg weapon? Do you? Mine wasn't even a type I used but I desti-danced at the increase in damage it did versus my rare fare. This will be a great gift for many gamers, just not us. You want something good? You know how this game works, get your ass back in the grind factory, fools!
Thanks man.

I know I remember my first legendary weapon... it was The Devil You Know, purchased with hard-earned marks. Hadn't had a drop before it, and it's scarcely left my side since.

zewone

that sounds like an incredible roll, congratulations on your "useless" gift. ;)

Two Words

You know how Bungie could make No Land Beyond not suck and be very unique? They should give it a perk right from the beginning that it does more damage the farther an enemy is that is shot. Since it has no scope, distant shots would become more and more difficult, but with greater reward. They can keep the other two perks with it.

Manp

Haha I have totally done this before on this very strike. I even hesitated a couple times and thought "Wait, won't it take both of us to Orbit? Nah." Whoops.

my problem is... i'm never the fireteam leader, so it didn't even cross my mind until it was too late :|

Bogeypop

that sounds like an incredible roll, congratulations on your "useless" gift. ;)

I love how "useless" has become the operative word-of-the-day. Gotta get it into the title for OT 15 somehow...

|OT 15| Bungie used Charity. It was not very effective...

purg3

slept with Malkin

Holy shit, amazing roll you got there.

Did this very thing a couple ears ago. Burned so bad I had to sleep with a bowl of cool water next to the bed on my nightstand just to soothe the pain...I was also drunk off my ass and broiling steaks for me and the lady.

Yeah, I sat with my hand in a cool bowl of water for the rest of the night...I'm just lucky I set it down as quickly as I did, but it was still basically instant blisters on my palm and thumb.

bleh, I'll have to do the weekly run post later in the afternoon after this meeting, got busy around here
there are standouts from each Faction/Vendor; vendor version of The Chance from FWC is honestly the best vendor HC available at the moment, it's wild.
oh.... this is the pretty blue HC I saw in a video. I will try to get that as well, thanks! I'll keep my FWC on 1 character then :D

Free stuff is still cool. I have a friend that plays pretty causally and im sure he will be happy for a new weapon. I wouldnt mind something new.

You know how Bungie could make No Land Beyond not suck and be very unique? They should give it a perk right from the beginning that it does more damage the farther an enemy is that is shot. Since it has no scope, distant shots would become more and more difficult, but with greater reward. They can keep the other two perks with it.

Simply removing the lens flare (which it shouldn't really have anyway) would give it a niche audience in PvP.

phen0m24

I got a Payback SOS auto rifle from my gift.

Had never seen this one before. Husband very high rate of fire and large magazine (64).

How does it compare to other "light machine gun" auto rifles? Any ideas if I should keep this one?

It was at that point you lost me. ;)

I sharded my SOS upon receiving the Do Gooder V which had slightly higher impact. I think the low impact high RoF AR's are all meh after using Grim Citizen or Shadow Price in days of yore. The Vanquisher seems to be the lone worthy option but requires leveling up New Monarchy. :(

Dude I don't understand

600 hours in, and I have never sniffed a Ghallahorn, Suros, Vex, and what ever else is a hot weapon.

Did they patch Crota raid to drop nothing but shards?

Matush

People are actually defending Bungie and their gift? Wow. Look at how Rockstar treats their community on GTA V, there were tons of updates and free holiday themed stuff during Christmas, not to mention double RP/$ weekends and so on. I would be cool with stupid shader that couldn't be earned any other way, but giving day 1 players useless junk (yes, I said it) isn't gonna cut it.

So far I'm pretty dissapointed with Bungie, I seriously thought that they would have a living, constantly changing world (based on my interview with them at Gamescom), but I guess no.

Namikaze1

You have the Tumbler with the flames, just get some of those googly eyes and stick em on the end and you have your Dragon.
I want a speeder bike that looks like a dragon and spews flames from the front while approaching some helpless Fallen/Hive/Vex/Cabal!

Also, it roars every time I boost!

Bogeypop

What's going on in trying to figure out what's happening.

Bungie's gift for Destiny players was a Legendary Weapon, most people got a weapon they deemed "useless" and are mad.

Rodiard got kicked by a gaffers friend at the end of the nightfall (spongebob had a tiny bit of health left) for the lulz... Gaffer didn't want that happen and claimed said friend was usually a dick

Or if you're referring to the inner-GAF turmoil than this is your explanation, Coconut.

I want a speeder bike that looks like a dragon and spews flames from the front while approaching some helpless Fallen/Hive/Vex/Cabal!

Also, it roars every time I boost!

But then you'd have to drive it backwards! That actually sounds kind of fun when I think about it! Hop to it Bungie make this new backwards vehicle and make it mandatory to use in the House of Wolves raid for some reason!

Dunk#7

Thought of a cool exotic weapon perk that would be amazing...

Ability to shoot through Arc/Fire/Void shields without having to take them down. Direct damage

Maybe too powerful

People are actually defending Bungie and their gift? Wow. Look at how Rockstar treats their community on GTA V, there were tons of updates and free holiday themed stuff during Christmas, not to mention double RP/$ weekends and so on. I would be cool with stupid shader that couldn't be earned any other way, but giving day 1 players useless junk (yes, I said it) isn't gonna cut it.

So far I'm pretty dissapointed with Bungie, I seriously thought that they would have a living, constantly changing world (based on my interview with them at Gamescom), but I guess no.

This must be what Fox News looks like when the 1% are upset about their tax breaks not being tax breaky enough.

Bungie's gift for Destiny players was a Legendary Weapon, most people got a weapon they deemed "useless" and are mad.

Stop saying "most". Most people are not upset. It's called a vocal minority.

Cømet

Banned

Playing GTA V alongside Destiny has been a major problem. Every little issue with the latter is greatly magnified next to the former, which is just damn sweet. Not to mention the Heists content coming this month being free, shits on Bungie's Expansion plans. That Comet upgrade had better be free.

Dunk#7

Entitlement

They didn't have to give us anything

Deku Tree

The gift is designed to possibly bring back players who have not been playing recently. That's why they are also sending emails to inform about the gift. The gift is really not benefiting people who still play daily and Bungie knows it. They don't need to bring you back because your still playing.

Two Words

Or if you're referring to the inner-GAF turmoil than this is your explanation, Coconut.

But then you'd have to drive it backwards! That actually sounds kind of fun...
There's no need to put quotes on useless. Some legendarily are useless.

I don't think your tone was particularly offensive, I think I got what you were going for. Your "at the end of the day" is accurate and also, there IS potential for it to be useful for players like us as well. Some people have already posted that they got something they'd actually use, saved marks, or replaced something with lesser rolls.

Or, not? It's a free legendary weapon.

Where'd you even get this impression that they were? They sure made it sound amazing!

They did everything short of saying "HEY PLAYER WHO IS INTO THIS GAME ENOUGH TO REGULARLY READ OUR WEBSITE AND TWITTER ACCOUNT, THIS ISN'T GOING TO BE SOMETHING YOU NEED" to ramp down expectations.

We're not most players. We're not likely to appreciate, well, anything

Ludicrous claim.

you know what? It is. It is out of line. it's out of line and it gets to me. It's just a fucking gift.

Have you considered for a split-second that you're out of touch with the median on the bell curve of the playerbase for this game?

Saying "I would prefer nothing at all" is entitled gibberish. If I get a weapon I actually want from this, which isn't, like, out of the realm of possibility since there are vanguard weapons I want, am I supposed to just dismantle it because it's not something better? Seriously now:

Why is this shit okay? Why did we at some point come to the conclusion that even just being given something is viewed not as magnanimous to any extent, but just one more cause for criticism?

For fuck's sake... try to remember that most people who play this game aren't actually posting online about it.
For the record, I am not the guy that said "fuck you and your Christmas gift." Your post makes it look like I am the one that said that. Fortunately for me, I am not that immature :p

Why does it seem like all the loudest voices in the community are the ones posting "no fun allowed" signs everywhere? I am just asking us to push Bungie to be a little better, a little more creative, and a little more rewarding to their most dedicated players. It's fine to disagree with that, though.

Rodiard got kicked by a gaffers friend at the end of the nightfall (spongebob had a tiny bit of health left) for the lulz... Gaffer didn't want that happen and claimed said friend was usually a dick
Yeah, then there was this, too. Though I'd say that was a lot more justified than the holiday gift hate. Lots going on in DestinyGAF today!

Nah I just would love some Radiant shards to reach 32. That would work.

Or an Ice Breaker

it feels like we were having this exact same conversation around holloween or labor day. the last time we were to get a bungie package. turned out it was pumpkin heads. how gaffed fumed......

Top Bottom