• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

R0ckman

For the record, I am not the guy that said "fuck you and your Christmas gift." Your post makes it look like I am the one that said that. Fortunately for me, I am not that immature :p

Why does it seem like all the loudest voices in the community are the ones posting "no fun allowed" signs everywhere? I am just asking us to push Bungie to be a little better, a little more creative, and a little more rewarding to their most dedicated players. It's fine to disagree with that, though.

This is why getting into the habit of defending these kinds of decisions (however small they may be) can get dangerous. Look where we are now in the gaming industry in general with how DLC is treated.

Steroyd

Are people really complaining? They just gave everyone legendary weapons which is better than anything they've given us before. I was seriously expecting some rare engrams

At least rare engrams could turn into either motes of light or a strange coin which could go toward buying stuff from Xur.

Greenymac

Being a productive member of society sucks, doesn't it?! #DatAddiction

Yup, it sucks! Especially on a Tuesday, I check in on the thread on and off from my desk through out, the day. everyones wetting up raid groups and nightfall fireteams and whatnot, and Im just sitting here like, fuck, I wanna play!

OneUh8

I got Up For Anything for my gift. Rolled the Persistence and Rangefinder perks. Not bad. I am happy with it. Was hoping for Vanquisher though.

Bogeypop

I wanna Roc, but Im at work for the 5 hours....If youre around about 630 pm eastern, Im game!!

I'm usually winding down to go to sleep around that time... And I'm gonna try maybe one more time to get a Roc group going on the next page. If nothing comes from it I'll give up for now, and hopefully still be up for some Roc Strikes with you at that time. :)

EDIT: What do you know it's a new page, and a new chance to spread the word of Roc Strikes. Would you kindly join me?

GhaleonEB

I got a sweet new legendary scout rifle as my gift, which is the only primary I use. My old one was one with max damage of 300, vs. the new at 331, so I'm delighted. Thanks Bungie!

My expectations were set to "legendary engram" aka ascendant energy. I'm really happy.

The benefits of low expectations continue to pay dividends.

I want to hear people opinion on a stat build focusing just on Strength and Discipline for a Hunter for both PVE and PVP.

PVE: Hunter super is almost useless. I only use bladedancer for stealthy revives and I shouldn't be needing to use it often since I also can crouch to go invisible or melee.

PVP: I can depend on my teammates to drop orbs and I drop more orbs as well (Lupi chest armor)

Sullichin

Up for Anything with Counter Balance / Crowd control. Not *terrible* but I don't need it. This is an awesome gift for newer players though. Also exciting to see all these perk rolls, really wish you could reforge weapons

CLBridges

Went ahead and purchased the Vanquisher VIII from New Monarchy, using all my crucible marks that I forced myself to accumulate. I really wished it had different perks, but I really wanted it.

I did get Red Hand IX hand cannon from leveling New Monarchy, seems to be fairly good too, so I will hand that off to my alt. and those will be my primary weapons for when Hard mode CE releases.

At least rare engrams could turn into either motes of light or a strange coin which could go toward buying stuff from Xur.

I just find it funny that people usually defend them when they pull anti consumer stuff, but getting a "gift" they don't like and the outrage.

Ghazi

I will literally take anything that isn't a pulse rifle. Knowing my luck that's exactly what I'll get, considering I've gotten 4 Coiled Hiss rifles from nightfalls :(

LordofPwn

Ran 3 raids yesterday within 2 hours. longest one was 36-37 minutes. Still need to grab 2 2nd chests though, but hey at least through those 3 raids i got 3 dragon's breaths exotic shards.

R0ckman

I just find it funny that people usually defend them when they pull anti consumer stuff, but getting a "gift" they don't like and the outrage.

It would have been cool if the gift was a double exp weekend, they would have the servers busting with life. If it was the old bungie I guess.

Sullichin

I want to hear people opinion on a stat build focusing just on Strength and Discipline for a Hunter for both PVE and PVP.

PVE: Hunter super is almost useless. I only use bladedancer for stealthy revives and I shouldn't be needing to use it often since I also can crouch to go invisible or melee.

PVP: I can depend on my teammates to drop orbs and I drop more orbs as well (Lupi chest armor)

Yeah I go STR/DISC, you still get Golden Gun enough. I would go STR/DISC with any character though really.

In PVP I use Young Amakara's Spine and use a lot of trip mines, and the flaming throwing knife. You get more super energy from grenade kills and longer trip mines. I have a vendor helmet with the melee attacks reduce grenade cool down perk. Lots of grenades.

jaaz

Okay GAF, which one would you use:

Badger CCL (Mag: 14) w/ Luck in the Chamber, Send It and Third Eye.

Saterienne Rapier: (Mag: 13) w/ Final Round, Explosive Rounds and Rangefinder.

Now that's on the nose. I totally agree that while I'd have personally preferred something that actually WAS useless and cosmetic... a legendary weapon, for many, many players and especially those who've just started, is immeasurably more valuable. I mean, they/we got a gift that can actually help you gameplay-wise. Think about the players out there that are replacing a green or a blue weapon with what's sitting in their postbox right now.

GW/GW2's Wintersday events have always been among my favorites in gaming. They're fun, minigame-packed festivals and the city-wide decorations are gorgeous. There are also lots of holiday-themed rewards you can earn like minipets and weapon skins. I hope that Bungie does put some creative effort into decorating things seasonal later in the game's lifecycle. Though I think it is worth mentioning that ArenaNet actually doesn't give you anything at all as an outright gift, let alone an endgame-viable weapon. It's just funny, in a sort of bleak way, to see responses that are along the lines of- or literally- "fuck you for giving me this."
I couldn't believe someone said fuck them because of a free gift haha I'd rather have seen some bitching around Christmas that we didn't get Xmas themed stuff or snow than people crying about a free gift.
Why the hell did I get a shitty pulse rifle from the Postmaster.

Because you were a naughty boy last year. You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not shout I'm telling you why: SantaRahool is coming to tow-er

OneUh8

Went ahead and purchased the Vanquisher VIII from New Monarchy, using all my crucible marks that I forced myself to accumulate. I really wished it had different perks, but I really wanted it.

I did get Red Hand IX hand cannon from leveling New Monarchy, seems to be fairly good too, so I will hand that off to my alt. and those will be my primary weapons for when Hard mode CE releases.

Yeah I am about to hit rank 3 for New Monarchy and I was planning on getting the Vanquisher. From my understanding it is one of the best or the best legendary auto rifle?

Bogeypop

That's a good thing. The more the merrier.

Fuck Pulse Rifles!

96xLegy.jpg

hydruxo

I think a great portion of this site and people that bother posting about video games on forums in general constantly forget just how much of a minority we are percentage-wise. Many probably can't even conceive the notion of how little the majority of players in any given game actually play, at least compared to us. We play too much video games, guys, we have a lot of good shit already. I'd love some rad shell for my ghost or a sweet sparrow that revs jingle bells when I slam the accelerator but lets be objective and honest, as a whole (and that's how Bungie needs to look at things) it's much cooler of Bungie to hand out a legendary weapon than something cosmetic. The majority of the player base will be ecstatic.

Can and should Bungie do something more interesting around the holidays? Of course! Maybe I'm just spoiled from playing Guild Wars but it's awesome when they decorate major towns for Halloween or Christmas and have themed enemies and items and costumes you can wear. I'd like to think they could have at least decorated The Tower and handed out Santa hats like they did the jack-o-lantern heads, maybe have some sweet snow falling in The Tower! That would have been good for year 1 and then maybe next year they could ramp it up and actually spread holiday influence out in Patrol modes.

It's not too late to have festive stuff in the tower either, the holidays might be over with but it's still January. I'd love to see the Tower with snow everywhere.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

You seem to mean only Bladedancer. Str/Disc is viable in PvE and PvP with Gunslinger; throwing knives are incredible, especially if you go all out with Gambler's Dagger/Knife Juggler.

Strength is honestly borderline useless to Bladedancers. If you need Blink Strike frequently, equip Fast Twitch. A pure Discipline build is probably best for Bladedancer PvE but honestly, they have incredibly versatile perk loadouts to choose from. Can be useful with any stat array in the contexts that they are useful in PvE.
guesses:
Aother NITC
Badger CCL

not Vision of Confluence
Those are the only options XD

As a Scout Rifle man myself, it doesn't seem I'll find a primary to use over VoC for a long time. Unless House of Wolves has an awesome one I suppose. At least the CE one will be useful for arc burns, I'd use that over Timepiece. Likewise, the CE HC would be nice for void burns as I never got Epilogue. The one CE weapon I truly covet is Black Hammer. One day, one day. Maybe today! Titan had better luck with the first chest than Warlock so maybe all his rewards will be better :D

It's not too late to have festive stuff in the tower either, the holidays might be over with but it's still January. I'd love to see the Tower with snow everywhere.

Bro, they could make it snow in July and I'd go "SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

3 shards short of being 32 on my Titan.

All 3 characters have complete raid sets, but only enough shards to upgrade one completely. Brutal.

Deku Tree

Are people upgrading their raid armor as soon as possible or are they waiting for good stat rolls to upgrade gear around a build that they like?

Bogeypop

Are people upgrading their raid armor as soon as possible or are they waiting for good stat rolls to upgrade gear around a build that they like?

I'm waiting. I think I have enough Shards to hit 32 twice. Though I don't think I'll wait for a good roll when I get the Helmet since I doubt I'll be getting a second one for a while.

Top Bottom