• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

zewone

Your left stick is broken now. I already mentioned this before with what happened to me. New controller solved this problem.

Nah, the game has a hidden cool down for sprint. If you stop after sprinting for awhile, you'll have to wait a few seconds to be able to sprint again.

I just got a new white DS4, so it's definitely not related to controller issues.

Are people upgrading their raid armor as soon as possible or are they waiting for good stat rolls to upgrade gear around a build that they like?

I've sat on them just because I didn't know which character would hit 32 first. I figured whichever character got every piece of equipment they need to hit 32 would get it when I had enough shards otherwise my main if they both have everything when I get the shards. Turns out I maxed just one piece right away which was the gauntlets for my Warlock and guess what armor piece I got as a drop last night with better stats? :| My current pair only has Strength while the new pair has both Strength and Intelligence. I wanted to shard it but I can't...having Int would be so much better than just Str. I think I'm going to wait until I hit 32 with him and then gather up enough shards to max it out at which point I'll make the switch. Actually, it will be a while because I'll prioritize using shards to make my Titan hit 32 before I'd do that.

CozMick

Banned
Nope, after I got new controller I can run forever.

We play the game so much that it wore down the left stick. The launch DS4s in particular were the biggest offenders.

This isn't the case for everyone, I own 2 ps4s and 3 ds4,

Every dualshock does this on Destiny, but it works perfectly on all other games.

Are people upgrading their raid armor as soon as possible or are they waiting for good stat rolls to upgrade gear around a build that they like?

I got great rolls luckily on my Titan and Hunter, so I got my Titan to 32 and my Hunter will be 32 today.

Exotic armour helps boost it a lot and mix things up. Even tho I have the helmet maxed for my Titan I want to use Helm of Saint 14 instead.

Warlock not so much, all strength and a bit of discipline. Waiting on him.

Nah, the game has a hidden cool down for sprint. If you stop after sprinting for awhile, you'll have to wait a few seconds to be able to sprint again.

I just got a new white DS4, so it's definitely not related to controller issues.
I think what Nami is saying is that this is happening constantly. Like, he runs then stops and then can't run again on account of the hidden cooldown. But then can't run again after the cooldown until several clicks.

He'll have to calm down a moment and give us the full deets, though. ;-)

timnich

Just got Hawkmoon from Crota. I don't know what's going on, but lately I've been extremely lucky getting exotics. I think around 8 different weapons and armor in the past 3 days? Makes up for months of crappy loot I guess!

Got My Eris rank 4. Trying to decide which character to get to 32 first. I already have 32 Titan and can get either my hunter or lock to 32. The other one will have to wait until I get more shards.

HUNTER! Locks have had it kind of rough latelty. especially after being the hot girl for VOG for so long

LiK

I find the only useful thing about Warlock in raids is the ability to self-rez. Nothing else seems remotely useful.

blackflag

I find the only useful thing about Warlock in raids is the ability to self-rez. Nothing else seems remotely useful.

truth but yeah hard mode will make them important again I suppose.

Sadly they are only good if you are not good. Which does describe me sometimes lol.

zewone

Yep. And in normal mode, self res isn't very useful. Will have to see what mechanics change in hard mode to deem if self res is worth even running.

Bogeypop

W-w-we can be really useful with our Solar Grenades against the Thralls during the first part of Crota's End...
wKw3l7x.png

Solar nades are awesome for doing the first section legit, fusion nades still wreck majors, used for various cheese, and self rez. Warlocks still master race over all! I will say they are the one class that's a royal pain to try and get the second CE chest solo though, not even worth the effort.

Deku Tree

Here is what I like about warlock
1) self-res
2) glide (i know a lot of people hate on it but I love it)
3) fusion grenade
4) Starfire protocol and heart of praxic Fire
5) shoot from the air
6) melee grants over shield
7) self-res again

Energies.

But why shard the SH? Unless the roll stinks on it, it's a beastly shotgun.

Google Secret Handshake Destiny shotgun OP

Does it have the shot package perk? Do you play PVP? If yes for both, then keep it.

you mean energy; do you like shotguns? what perks does it have?

edit: Bee Ten

If it has hammerforged, shot package and/or range finder, congrats. You just got a boss shotty.

If not, shards.
**Energies

Final Round,(Flared Magwell/Snapshot/High Caliber Rounds), Feeding Frenzy

rNilla

Here is what I like about warlock
1) self-res
2) glide (i know a lot of people hate on it but I love it)
3) fusion grenade
4) Starfire protocol and heart of praxic Fire
5) shoot from the air
6) melee grants over shield
7) self-res again

I actually really liked glide at first but the more I play with all three classes the less and less I like Warlock and glide. I'm not sure what happened but ever since the DLC came out Titan has become my second favorite class with Warlock a distant third.

Nice, I thought I was the only one that loved Warlock's glide. Thankfully Titan's hover is similar so it wasn't much of a transition for me. Hunter will be weird in this game when I get around to rolling one but playing so many other games with double jump should have me covered. I actually don't care to bother with a Hunter but I want that trophy and it'd be kinda cool to have all three classes at max level. At least camo and blade dancing are pretty cool skills and I love stealth in games so might enjoy playing it more than I expect.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Being able to self-revive is pretty damn good....

It's the best perk when doing progress raids, but otherwise, it's probably better to have an ability that will let you do other things to increase your survivabilty. For example, my titan bubble has saved my life countless times and it provides additional utility for the group. So, in effect, it's kinda like a self res AND MORE. Same with my hunter, who can just vanish instead of dying.

FinKL

Picked up the game to try and help gf's dad, but was just curious and know its subjective, which class just does massive amounts of damage and cleans house? Wanted to try and help him some as he's stuck on VoG. I think I'm a good shot and thought the Hunter seems like a good fit, especially with pistol, but I want to play Titan and just melee half the time out of laziness. Keep in mind, I don't really know anything about this game :)

Steroyd

I just got my 4th husk of pit, but you know what, I'm going to level these bad boys and turn them into free exotic shards, hopefully I don't have to end up farming black wax idols.

I've logged back in for the first time since I dropped the game, just to get my Christmas present.

Just a fucking machine gun I didn'd need. Thanks for the shards, I guess. Now I'm back to my non-Destiny life for a while.

Bogeypop

Atleast until one of us bad ass hunters shows up with our solar grenades and golden guns. "Step aside bookworm, the cool kids are here."

I just find Warlocks sort of lacking an identity in this game, or at least an identity that fits my playstyle. Hunters have their blades, and Golden Gun. Titans have their bubble and slam. Warlocks have self-res, and can shoot an AoE. They're essentially mages with very little mage in them. Diablo 3 my Wizard could self-res as well as shoot a zig-zagging electric balls, make it rain fire and ice from the sky, create a singularity, summon Serpents that shot out different elements. I picked a Warlock expecting to play a space mage, and all I got that was a large explosion that I hardly get to use because self-res is too enticing as a safety net. Though to be fair I find all the classes lacking in some capacity, but Warlock just hurts more since mage is the class I almost always play nowadays.

Steroyd

So I just put the game in for the first time in a couple months.

Is everything pretty much the same? Same old weekly grind?

They giveth us and taketh away, certain aspects like maxing exotics is a lot less grindy but they put in other blockades like Vanguard and Crucible Commendations.

phen0m24

Picked up the game to try and help gf's dad, but was just curious and know its subjective, which class just does massive amounts of damage and cleans house? Wanted to try and help him some as he's stuck on VoG. I think I'm a good shot and thought the Hunter seems like a good fit, especially with pistol, but I want to play Titan and just melee half the time out of laziness. Keep in mind, I don't really know anything about this game :)

popcorn.gif

Hunter has golden gun and blade dancer
TItan Fist of Havok well = yeah. Massive damage
Warlock Nova Bomb: MASSIVE Airborne damage

Depends on your play style

#huntermasterrace

FinKL

popcorn.gif

Hunter has golden gun and blade dancer
TItan Fist of Havok well = yeah. Massive damage
Warlock Nova Bomb: MASSIVE Airborne damage

Depends on your play style

Essentially, they are all the same then. Those are all abilities though, is there a specific class that amplifies shooting or something?

Top Bottom