• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Namikaze1

I think what Nami is saying is that this is happening constantly. Like, he runs then stops and then can't run again on account of the hidden cooldown. But then can't run again after the cooldown until several clicks.

He'll have to calm down a moment and give us the full deets, though. ;-)
So yeah, it happens every time. On patrol, in Crucible, etc. I have to click at least 6 times before I can sprint. When I'm lucky, sometimes my Guardian sprints for a second or so and then reverts to walking. This happens even when I'm trying to sprint after minutes of walking. It's pissing me off a lot.

zewone

Picked up the game to try and help gf's dad, but was just curious and know its subjective, which class just does massive amounts of damage and cleans house? Wanted to try and help him some as he's stuck on VoG. I think I'm a good shot and thought the Hunter seems like a good fit, especially with pistol, but I want to play Titan and just melee half the time out of laziness. Keep in mind, I don't really know anything about this game :)

Everyone agrees that Hunter is the best class by miles.

I just find Warlocks sort of lacking an identity in this game, or at least an identity that fits my playstyle. Hunters have their blades. Titans have their bubble and slam. Warlocks have self-res, and can shoot an AoE. They're essentially mages with very little mage in them. Diablo 3 my Wizard could self-res as well as shoot a zig-zagging electric balls, make it rain fire and ice from the sky, create a singularity, summon Serpents that shot out different elements.

Maybe VoidWalker is more your speed, Nova Bomb and Blink would make you feel more like a mage.

Bogeypop

Third or fourth time's the charm before I give up, anyone want to run some Roc Strikes?

Maybe VoidWalker is more your speed, Nova Bomb and Blink would make you feel more like a mage.

Nah, even WITH Obsidian Mind and Bad Juju letting me Nova Bomb more often it's just not that fun. Depending how viable a Frost Mage is I usually go for that since I find Crowd-Control so fun, but there isn't that sort of equivalent in Destiny. Maybe in the future classes will have more abilities and options.

Picked up the game to try and help gf's dad, but was just curious and know its subjective, which class just does massive amounts of damage and cleans house? Wanted to try and help him some as he's stuck on VoG. I think I'm a good shot and thought the Hunter seems like a good fit, especially with pistol, but I want to play Titan and just melee half the time out of laziness. Keep in mind, I don't really know anything about this game :)

Any class can use any weapon, so you don't have to worry about anything like that. But if you want a class that focuses around damage, Hunter might be your best bet. Both subclass Supers focus on damage, whereas Titan has one damage super and one utility super. Warlock is kind of the same, with one super being damage, the other super being a mix of damage/utility.

I just find Warlocks sort of lacking an identity in this game, or at least an identity that fits my playstyle. Hunters have their blades, and Golden Gun. Titans have their bubble and slam. Warlocks have self-res, and can shoot an AoE. They're essentially mages with very little mage in them. Diablo 3 my Wizard could self-res as well as shoot a zig-zagging electric balls, make it rain fire and ice from the sky, create a singularity, summon Serpents that shot out different elements. I picked a Warlock expecting to play a space mage, and all I got that was a large explosion that I hardly get to use because self-res is too enticing as a safety net. Though to be fair I find all the classes lacking in some capacity, but Warlock just hurts more since mage is the class I almost always play nowadays.

You think the PVP holds this game back? Feel like the crazier the abilities, the harder the balancing.

Essentially, they are all the same then. Those are all abilities though, is there a specific class that amplifies shooting or something?

Yes, none are better than the others in the way you are thinking. It's all about play style and preference. The Titan has a subclass called "Defender" which has a skill called "Weapons Light" that makes it so all teammates that step in your bubble get a bonus that makes any weapon do far more damage then normal. I forget what percentage but it's great for bosses and the bubbles protects people inside it from projectile attacks so it's just a great support skill over all.

Just got my gift. A solar one way ticket. Dismantled. I have enough solar rocket launchers with better rolls. No tracking on this one as well.

FinKL

Whoa, this thread moves so fast!

Thanks for all the input guys!
picking hunter as I don't want to work that hard

How much did fig bribe you to put that?

;)
Why would I need a bribe when I speak the truth :3
Edit: but honestly all 3 classes are good. Hunter are better for Pvp imo but it's very subjunctive. Doesn't help one of the best Pvp players I know is a hunter as well haha.
Titans are better for pve and warlock are the best for dat cheese :p

Bogeypop

You think the PVP holds this game back? Feel like the crazier the abilities, the harder the balancing.

I never thought of it since I don't PvP, but that could be the case for balancing issues. You could also argue they'd introduce that non-ability/Super mode that's been in the talks, but that would bring up a slew of other problems.

But just the possibilities of what they can do with classes in an FPS environment that Borderlands has had half a decade to do and hasn't has me hopeful for the future of Destiny since I think Bungie is more creative and ambitious. Makes me remember how excited I initially was for Borderlands 1 since this was a genre I hadn't realized I wanted, but quickly got fatigued of halfway through Borderlands 2 after getting to NG+++ or w/e with every character in BL1.

hunter is 9 shards away from 32. hard mode here I come.

when ever that is.

I wonder how it will be different. No revives? isnt that what Crota kinda has now? An over soul every round? meh.

My best guess would be the above plus a gatekeeper that drops from the cieling in the center. Now that could be problematic

two types of destiny players: people that play hunter and people that play the other classes because they can't handle the raw badassness of a hunter.
Look at the Hunters puffing out their chest after being worthless in VoG ;p
Whoa, this thread moves so fast!

Thanks for all the input guys!
picking hunter as I don't want to work that hard

If you want to be lazy, Titan is probably the best way to go as you can use bubbles for protection with WoL to kill stuff faster or titan smash all the things (have to have super up). I say this as a Warlock lover so no bias here. Actually, Warlocks can self-rez so that's pretty good for laziness too ;P

Frenden

Banned
I was not preparing to be negative about a free legendary weapon, but I got a high RoF, low impact pulse rifle.

A pulse rifle.

Sigh.

Namikaze1

To all you Warlocks out there, this is for you

rock-guitar-2146211.jpg

Titan threw a party and he spent some bucks,
didn't invite Warlocks cause they totally suck

Warlocks started blinking, it all went south,
know your role jabroni and shut your mouth

Let's rock, everybody let's rock

Warlocks got a menstrual clock,
but we are dancing cause Titan rocks

Little space wizard from the lunar mass
Titans will take your band and shove it up your ass

Bet your all happy playing as me
And not some goofy Jedi wannabe

Ain't no magic balls in Warlock's jock
But we're dancing cause Titan rocks

Stop pestering me, you damn Hunters! I haven't forgotten about you!

rock's+concert.jpg

Little Exo Hunter went to the doc
Titans punched his jaw and the pain wouldn't stop

Doc said Hunter, you know I'm a fan,
but please stop begging for that rectal exam

Hunters close up that smock
but we're dancing cause Titan rocks

rockconcert.jpg

Come at me!

Bogeypop

I was not preparing to be negative about a free legendary weapon, but I got a high RoF, low impact pulse rifle.

A pulse rifle.

Sigh.

And the Pulse Rifle disappointment continues, it's so hilarious it's sad at this point. I know the pain, brother.

dB Viper

Warlock + Obsidian Mind + Unlimited Nova Bomb = free infinite orbs of light for the lower tier #Hunter and #Titan folk.

#WarlockMasterRace, reppin'

:D

kamicowzi

Banned
I have a strange issue that I am hoping someone may have a solution for. Before the reset yesterday, the weekly heroic and nightfall that were TDB content had me locked out from running them because it said that I didn't complete the Eris missions. I completed the three or four missions needed and got murmur and all of that. I did get the three bounties that require me to patrol around on earth to find the random will of Crota or his soul or whatever. Are those the things holding me up, or is it just some weird error?

EL CUCO

Not late, lol. Glad you said that Cuco. Badger feels better to me in every way. Thanks!

Good to hear! I bought the vendor version last night because I had marks to burn, but I hope the Postmaster has one for me with Firefly when I get home **crosses fingers**

dB Viper

I have a strange issue that I am hoping someone may have a solution for. Before the reset yesterday, the weekly heroic and nightfall that were TDB content had me locked out from running them because it said that I didn't complete the Eris missions. I completed the three or four missions needed and got murmur and all of that. I did get the three bounties that require me to patrol around on earth to find the random will of Crota or his soul or whatever. Are those the things holding me up, or is it just some weird error?

I'm 99.9% sure you have to complete those patrol missions, then you will be ready to go.

Steroyd

Red Death aim sight was confualsing as hell at first, I thought the red skull was the aim sight, which would have been freaking awesome.

Carn82

So yeah, it happens every time. On patrol, in Crucible, etc. I have to click at least 6 times before I can sprint. When I'm lucky, sometimes my Guardian sprints for a second or so and then reverts to walking. This happens even when I'm trying to sprint after minutes of walking. It's pissing me off a lot.

Havent followed your posts, but I've had the exact thing since launch and thought it was just part of the game's shortcomings :/ edit: my case is not as bad as yours tho; sprint just sometimes refuses to work for a click or two, but when it does its fine.

Top Bottom