• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

k1t4j

By the way my Legendary gift was the "Up for Anything" AR.

With:

Radar always on
Increased stability

Does not even come close to my Vanquisher VIII, raw stats and perks wise :(

pitty

So yeah, it happens every time. On patrol, in Crucible, etc. I have to click at least 6 times before I can sprint. When I'm lucky, sometimes my Guardian sprints for a second or so and then reverts to walking. This happens even when I'm trying to sprint after minutes of walking. It's pissing me off a lot.

Same here. It's a stupid mechanism...or if it's an unintentional bug it needs to be fixed.

jaaz

Solar nades are awesome for doing the first section legit, fusion nades still wreck majors, used for various cheese, and self rez. Warlocks still master race over all! I will say they are the one class that's a royal pain to try and get the second CE chest solo though, not even worth the effort.

This: self-rez, cheesing, crowd control with solar 'nades, and major/ultra shield wrecking with fusion grenades (particularly if ignite and Viking funeral are on). Also one of the longer range melees out there. And I'm just mentioning the sunbro subclass.

Skillfully played, locks are awesome in raids.

Coconut

Banned
Look at the Hunters puffing out their chest after being worthless in VoG ;p

If you want to be lazy, Titan is probably the best way to go as you can use bubbles for protection with WoL to kill stuff faster or titan smash all the things (have to have super up). I say this as a Warlock lover so no bias here. Actually, Warlocks can self-rez so that's pretty good for laziness too ;P

Oh I'm sorry is my double jumping and not dying constantly on the platforms interrupting you? Nothing a warlock can do in the VoG that a cheap void heavy machine gun can't do.

Dave_6

Got the Plug One as my gift. I'm happy cause I didn't have it and it has great perks (Accelerated coils and rangefinder). Among one for having a bigger clip.

So the two best vendor weapons (means one can walk up, buy it as is with enough marks) right now are the LDR and the Rapier, correct? Other than those two, others need to be gotten as drops from Strikes and whatnot (such as the Chance, Badger, TDYD) to have good perks?

jadedm17

this guy gets it

I always feel so limited as my Hunter, I prefer my Warlock : PVE you can't beat self-revive, I don't feel Gunslinger works with crits because it does nothing on foes like Atheon or Phogoth, and I feel limited by movement.
Oh, and I play too much pvp so I can notice a gunslinger or blade dancer going off, pretty predictable once you know what to look for.

From the Christmas package, I got a Devil You Don't with Outlaw, Explosive Rounds and Grenadier. Would trade any of those perks for Field Scout. 5 in the magazine is kinda not useful.

Free energy I guess.

Received a Void MG18A(?) Harm's Way machine gun in the gift package. Perks seem decent so I'll probably keep it.

Received a legendary primary from the daily, so...Hawkmoon?

Yeah right

I always feel so limited as my Hunter, I prefer my Warlock : PVE you can't beat self-revive, I don't feel Gunslinger works with crits because it does nothing on foes like Atheon or Phogoth, and I feel limited by movement.
Oh, and I play too much pvp so I can notice a gunslinger or blade dancer going off, pretty predictable once you know what to look for.

I hate using anything other than an offensive super, so self-rez is shit to me unless I'm soloing a Nightfall. And even then Radiant Skin is preferable.

There are shit Hunters, of course. Doesn't mean anything for the class's capabilities.

Essentially, they are all the same then. Those are all abilities though, is there a specific class that amplifies shooting or something?

Gunslinger Hunter. Chain of Woe and Gunslinger's Focus (or whatever the hell it's called) are solid if you just want to straight up pop some heads.

EL CUCO

To all you Warlocks out there, this is for you

rock-guitar-2146211.jpg

Stop pestering me, you damn Hunters! I haven't forgotten about you!

rock's+concert.jpg

rockconcert.jpg

Come at me!
HsMtQfG.gif

Anyone up for some rumble?
Once I went into Rumble with a friend. It was fun every time we killed each other (me doing more killing then him), but I think it was a bad move, 'cause I dominated, won, and killed him a bunch. I don't think our friendship has ever been the same since*.

* This is a dramatic post, intended for humor, and does not reflect any living persons, dead or alive. Though I did win and dominate. That part is absolutely true.

Honestly, I'd rather play with my friends, than against them. So, I keep Rumble to solo play only.

jadedm17

From the Christmas package, I got a Devil You Don't with Outlaw, Explosive Rounds and Grenadier. Would trade any of those perks for Field Scout. 5 in the magazine is kinda not useful.

Free energy I guess.
I've got 3 of those without Field Scout, it's become a slap in the face now since I run mostly hand cannons.

Once I went into Rumble with a friend. It was fun every time we killed each other (me doing more killing then him), but I think it was a bad move, 'cause I dominated, won, and killed him a bunch. I don't think our friendship has ever been the same since*.

* This is a dramatic post, intended for humor, and does not reflect any living persons, dead or alive. Though I did win and dominate. That part is absolutely true.

Honestly, I'd rather play with my friends, than against them. So, I keep Rumble to solo play only.

Love playing rumble with friends... When you're play by properly it's hilarious when you kill each other. It's also good for bounties that you struggle with (sniper headshots for me) as they can come down and give you the kills

Ran the CE raid last night. While RNG has been good to me in the past, I got only shards and energies for 2 full raids and the beginning two drops (and chests) of the third raid. Final Crota fight - received my 4th fusion rifle and second helmet...

... I want Black Hammer....

Man, what is this, week 5 or 6 since Crota's End?

5 or 6 weeks, 3 characters, still haven't seen a single helmet drop.

I finally got my first chest piece yesterday on my Hunter.

32 still seems so far away. :(

purg3

slept with Malkin

The helmet wasn't a possible drop for the first few weeks though.

Deku Tree

Did CE raid every week on my Hunter since week 1. Got lots of gloves and boots. Still no chest piece and still no helmet.

I have killed Crota 18 times according to the Grimoire. A few for no drops. We have had five resets with the opportunity to kill Crota this far.

Top Bottom