• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Frenden

Banned
Yes, that.

What's everyone's choice for a legendary, non-raid, 331 primary? I'm hearing a lot of the Rapier and Red Hand.

Last time around, I had a 300 attack Red Hand with Zen Moment, Explosive Rounds, and Third Eye. Loved that gun.

I haven't been as lucky on drops in the 331 era, so I'm using a TFWPKY with Performance Bonus, Field Scout and Grenadier.

E92 M3

I want to see a massive statistics dump on player activity - something more substantial than the End of the Year Update. It sucks Bungie has been really lackluster about it. Would be great to see what weapons people are using, what the average level is, average amount of exotics owned and more.

Did CE raid every week on my Hunter since week 1. Got lots of gloves and boots. Still no chest piece and still no helmet.

I have killed Crota 18 times according to the Grimoire. A few for no drops. We have had five resets with the opportunity to kill Crota this far.

That's my Titan (my main) story. I have 4 boots, and 4 gloves.

My grimoire only shows 7 kills, but I know that isn't right.

LiK

Man, what is this, week 5 or 6 since Crota's End?

5 or 6 weeks, 3 characters, still haven't seen a single helmet drop.

I finally got my first chest piece yesterday on my Hunter.

32 still seems so far away. :(

Completed my Titan set last night. Helm and boots dropped. My Hunter only needs helm left.

Holiday Gift is my 3rd One Way Ticket. The only good thing is that it's void compared to my solar. Now I'll have 331 rockets of each type. I'll keep for now.

Are ROC strikes giving out less purples than usual? Might just be a case of me and my bad luck with RNG, been trying to bet an Icebreaker to no avail for a while now.

Christmas gift was a dud but just had a blue turn into Another NITC. Nothing special with perks (Rangefinder and Who's Next), but good enough for an alt.

Maybesew

It's always funny to me when this happens but i have read it so many times now. My warlock was the last one of my characters to hit level 30 and raid Crota, and they are the first one with the gear to hit 32.

Messiek

I want to see a massive statistics dump on player activity - something more substantial than the End of the Year Update. It sucks Bungie has been really lackluster about it. Would be great to see what weapons people are using, what the average level is, average amount of exotics owned and more.

Yep! They definitely have all that data. It's probably used as a tool for creating new content.

Yeah, I wonder why Bungie keeps that data so close to their chest. Though I could see the number of exotics or weapons used causing a stir among the community. Possibly causing a bit of tension and envy.

Are ROC strikes giving out less purples than usual? Might just be a case of me and my bad luck with RNG, been trying to bet an Icebreaker to no avail for a while now.

Playlist has always been very low drop rate for Legendaries. You might get a lucky streak, but they don't drop consistently to count on.

Yeah, I wonder why Bungie keeps that data so close to their chest. Though I could see the number of exotics or weapons used causing a stir among the community. Possibly causing a bit of tension and envy.

Lots of people would appreciate it, but there would be enough noise to make it not worth it. Why share info and then have to go on the defensive.

Completed my Titan set last night. Helm and boots dropped. My Hunter only needs helm left.

What are you still looking for on your lock?

I got the warlock chest piece yesterday while I was solo-ing the first two parts. That gives me full raid armor on my titan, hunter, and warlock (still missing helmets on Hunter and Warlock but exotics take care of that).

Now... for some rad shards... like a lot of them. I don't see myself getting to Eris rank 4 anytime soon so this may take some time. At least my hunter is 32 and ready for hard CE.

LiK

I got the warlock chest piece yesterday while I was solo-ing the first two parts. That gives me full raid armor on my titan, hunter, and warlock (still missing helmets on Hunter and Warlock but exotics take care of that).

Now... for some rad shards... like a lot of them. I don't see myself getting to Eris rank 4 anytime soon so this may take some time. At least my hunter is 32 and ready for hard CE.

Warlock only got boots. No other gear dropped for her so far. Curious if the second chest will give me anything.

How do you have a 32, but no where near rank 4. Not doing regular bounties?

Playlist has always been very low drop rate for Legendaries. You might get a lucky streak, but they don't drop consistently to count on.

Damn, here I thought they decided to be more generous with drops if you chose the ROC strike. I guess I'll have to continue hammering away on the strikes with my two alts in hopes that it drops in the midst of them growing from 27/29 to 30.

Rubenov

So yeah, it happens every time. On patrol, in Crucible, etc. I have to click at least 6 times before I can sprint. When I'm lucky, sometimes my Guardian sprints for a second or so and then reverts to walking. This happens even when I'm trying to sprint after minutes of walking. It's pissing me off a lot.

Like LiK said, time for a new controller. That's not normal or a hidden cooldown. I was having the same issues after playing the game non-stop for 4 months and finally bought a new controller last weekend. Problem fixed.

Again, they need to take a page from Dark Souls and have a Farfire site with daily data dump on all that stuff.

Might be Activision holding them back since you could likely infer playerbase size and sales. They have been kinda vague on that.

Bogeypop

My Titan got chest piece from that chest.

Really? From my own drops from the chest as well as my static everyone's just gotten shards. Already have the chest piece, but good news for anyone else who needs it. Now that I think about it the first chest did give me the Warlock Class Item the first time I opened it... Maybe there's hope for a helmet drop?

spyder_ur

How do you have a 32, but no where near rank 4. Not doing regular bounties?

I should be getting to 32 today on my Titan (have necessary shards and gear, need like 10000 xp) but I've kind of decided to forego all Eris rep grinding. Just put all my shards from CE so far onto one character.

Just can't bring myself to grind rep for another vendor with limited rewards. And she won't even give me reputation for killing Crota! Kill Crota = Eris not impressed. Kill hive from behind = Now we're talking!

I figure I'll have one character at 32 when hard raid drops, and the others are sitting at 31 and can do everything else and they'll get there when they get there.

Warlock + Obsidian Mind + Unlimited Nova Bomb = free infinite orbs of light for the lower tier #Hunter and #Titan folk.

#WarlockMasterRace, reppin'

:D
Well met, brother of the master race.
Oh I'm sorry is my double jumping and not dying constantly on the platforms interrupting you? Nothing a warlock can do in the VoG that a cheap void heavy machine gun can't do.
While you do little hippity hops, my Warlock is gliding past the entire chasm like a boss. It's like flying and flying is awesome. Your heavy MG can't create a ton of orbs for your teammates while tossing out it's void damage nor can it self rez and clear the phase to rez your whole team on HM ;) Nor could it use solar nades to cheese Templar and Aetheon. It goes on and on ;P
Hunters were never worthless in VoG. They just required more skill.

Thank you.
None of the classes are worthless at anything, darling. I'm just trolling :3 My main Raid team started as mostly Hunters with just two Warlocks and we beat VoG just fine. Skill trumps all else and that's why this game is fun to play.
I hate using anything other than an offensive super, so self-rez is shit to me unless I'm soloing a Nightfall. And even then Radiant Skin is preferable.

There are shit Hunters, of course. Doesn't mean anything for the class's capabilities.
Maybe you'd enjoy VoidWalker, especially with Obsidian Helm then?

LiK

I've never seen anyone get anything except radiant mats from the second CE chest.
Are you sure you didn't get the chest piece from the bridge section?

100% sure. I joined someone in that CP, didn't do any other parts at the time. Got it when I opened the chest.

Like LiK said, time for a new controller. That's not normal or a hidden cooldown. I was having the same issues after playing the game non-stop for 4 months and finally bought a new controller last weekend. Problem fixed.

I got a new controller for my Birthday in early December. Huge improvement.

No major issues like that. But the ps4 controller has been updated a bit with more robust sticks and other build changes. I sent my launch day controller back and they sent me a new one as the stick numbs pretty much just dissapeared over time.

Do you have the protection plan on the ps4?

I should be getting to 32 today on my Titan (have necessary shards and gear, need like 10000 xp) but I've kind of decided to forego all Eris rep grinding. Just put all my shards from CE so far onto one character.

Just can't bring myself to grind rep for another vendor with limited rewards. And she won't even give me reputation for killing Crota! Kill Corta = Eris not impresses. Kill hive from behind = Now we're talking!

I figure I'll have one character at 32 when hard raid drops, and the others are sitting at 31 and can do everything else and they'll get there when they get there.

Lol, yeah. It seems odd that there are no Raid related bounties and rep.

spyder_ur

Damn, here I thought they decided to be more generous with drops if you chose the ROC strike. I guess I'll have to continue hammering away on the strikes with my two alts in hopes that it drops in the midst of them growing from 27/29 to 30.

Honestly, I bet you have a better chance of a blue engram decoding to a legendary than of a legendary engram dropping outright.

joecanada

Less than usual!? Lol I see people post here about their spoils but make no mistake ive run dozens of roc strikes and never even seen a legendary. That's three people per strike per dozens of strikes.

Same shit as before roc

R0ckman

Did CE raid every week on my Hunter since week 1. Got lots of gloves and boots. Still no chest piece and still no helmet.

I have killed Crota 18 times according to the Grimoire. A few for no drops. We have had five resets with the opportunity to kill Crota this far.

I'm so glad I'm 32 now and not at the mercy of RNG anymore, this stuff pissed me off in VoG, never got out of there with anything but the gloves and a handful of the weapons. Once I got the Vex Mytho I got the hell out of that raid, so many nights staying up late, so many bugs, recovering Proteans, tedious and slow grinding. CE is like the anti-VoG. Now I can go back just for shards and energy.

noomi

Less than usual!? Lol I see people post here about their spoils but make no mistake ive run dozens of roc strikes and never even seen a legendary. That's three people per strike per dozens of strikes.

Same shit as before roc

I don't get how people get hawkmoon drops in crucible and roc strikes, out of the 350+ strikes I've run I think never seen a exotic, and legendary engrams almost never drop.

I do see a lot of ships lately though, A LOT of ships....

Top Bottom