• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

hydruxo

100% sure. I joined someone in that CP, didn't do any other parts at the time. Got it when I opened the chest.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

That would be awesome though

joecanada

Last time around, I had a 300 attack Red Hand with Zen Moment, Explosive Rounds, and Third Eye. Loved that gun.

I haven't been as lucky on drops in the 331 era, so I'm using a TFWPKY with Performance Bonus, Field Scout and Grenadier.

Red Hand was sweet because it was pretty rare and to be honest for most purples the random rolls you get can be a lot better than vendor gear.

For me I just bought a TFWPKY from crucible vendor, its pretty good :(

wish they would fix explosive rounds, if they ever do I have the greatest b line trauma scout ever....

just waiting for a decent hand cannon to drop, so frustrating in hundreds of hours I've gotten ONE handcannon drop. not good enough for me to pick up destiny 2 that's for sure.

Bogeypop

I don't get how people get hawkmoon drops in crucible and roc strikes, out of the 350+ strikes I've run I think never seen a exotic, and legendary engrams almost never drop.

I do see a lot of ships lately though, A LOT of ships....

As someone who Roc Strikes a lot, yes, ships. Lego neon green ships. Everywhere.

panda-zebra

Like LiK said, time for a new controller. That's not normal or a hidden cooldown. I was having the same issues after playing the game non-stop for 4 months and finally bought a new controller last weekend. Problem fixed.

That problem also ceased for me back when an original KZ pack-in pad with scabby rubber sticks and sticky R1was binned for a red replacement. Never saw the sprint cancelling problems I'd been suffering for weeks again.

Deku Tree

100% sure. I joined someone in that CP, didn't do any other parts at the time. Got it when I opened the chest.

Maybe you somehow got the bridge loot to
glitch
drop when you opened the chest since you hadn't done the bridge yet?

You are literally the only person that I am aware of who has ever claimed to get anything other than Radiant mats out of the shrieker chest.

How do you have a 32, but no where near rank 4. Not doing regular bounties?

Got to 32 from doing the raid... raid armor + radiant shards = 32

Nope, not really doing many of the Eris bounties. Most of them are pretty annoying. I'm at a point with Destiny that I'm in "maintenance" mode and not grind mode. I like dropping in and doing the raids, Nightfalls, smattering of crucible/strike playlist, etc. but the days of grinding until my eyes bleed are over
(until the next DLC)

Honestly, I bet you have a better chance of a blue engram decoding to a legendary than of a legendary engram dropping outright.

That happened last night, used my 'Lock hoping for a helmet and got a purple hunter one.

Less than usual!? Lol I see people post here about their spoils but make no mistake ive run dozens of roc strikes and never even seen a legendary. That's three people per strike per dozens of strikes.

Same shit as before roc

It was weird! I never see anything from crucible or strikes but I decided to run some ROC last week and got two legendary drops twice in a row. I suppose that was my RNG-luck for 2015, eh?

I'm so glad I'm 32 now and not at the mercy of RNG anymore, this stuff pissed me off in VoG, never got out of there with anything but the gloves and a handful of the weapons. Once I got the Vex Mytho I got the hell out of that raid, so many nights staying up late, so many bugs, recovering Proteans, tedious and slow grinding. CE is like the anti-VoG. Now I can go back just for shards and energy.

never apprciated VOG as much until after crotas end. Go back and play VOG. its really a fun time. the loot doesnt matter anymore so no more frustrating dissapointment. its just a pure joy to play with friends.

funny thuogh. The only gun I didnt get from VOG was the fusion rifle and it is now the only gun I havnt got from crotas end. This game doesnt want to give me raid fusions for some reason but loves to give me faction fusions in NF.

LiK

Maybe you somehow got the bridge loot to drop when you opened the chest since you hadn't done the bridge yet?

You are literally the only person that I am aware of who has ever claimed to get anything other than Radiant mats out of the shrieker chest.

Everyone else I joined also freaked out about it. I didn't know what the big deal was. Just happy I got a piece of gear. Probably one of those flukes with RNG.

Vman

27 Warlock wanting to do heroics / vault of glass on xbox one. Gamertag GrandWhiteFish, add me if any want to.

joecanada

I don't get how people get hawkmoon drops in crucible and roc strikes, out of the 350+ strikes I've run I think never seen a exotic, and legendary engrams almost never drop.

yes I've seen in my hundreds of hours, about four legendary engrams total (drops, not levelling factions)... and you can imagine how many of those turned out to be something good....

So far in the game I have two purple drops I am happy with...

The best red hand ever (now obsolete , where's the purple upgrade option?)

and a new b line trauma which is awesome but broken explosive rounds ruins it....

rNilla

Maybe you somehow got the bridge loot to
glitch
drop when you opened the chest since you hadn't done the bridge yet?

2999374-8194131681-dont-.jpg

So are there still only 2 known chests in Crota's raid? Still can't believe that

Well, if Hard Mode introduces more mechanics, I can see more chests being linked to those.

As it stands, though. Chests wouldn't be super easy to hide in this raid, considering how much smaller it is compared to the Vault.

E92 M3

Yeah, I wonder why Bungie keeps that data so close to their chest. Though I could see the number of exotics or weapons used causing a stir among the community. Possibly causing a bit of tension and envy.

I honestly can't see stats causing tension in the community. Actually, if a free gift can, then you can be right lol.

Again, they need to take a page from Dark Souls and have a Farfire site with daily data dump on all that stuff.

Might be Activision holding them back since you could likely infer playerbase size and sales. They have been kinda vague on that.

Financial reasons seems reasonable, even though it's not super logical.

So are there still only 2 known chests in Crota's raid? Still can't believe that

Part of me does since there is one less loot roll.

VoG has what 3? One hidden. Spirit bloom chest doesn't count.

2v4? One of the four is hidden. So maybe 1 more in CE?

Or the 3rd is in Hard Mode?

Part of me feels the same and the other part notices how short/small the Raid is. The only section without a chest is where you fight the final battles. You can stay in that room and search all you want before triggering Crota and after killing Crota so surely someone would have found it by now if there was one. There MIGHT be a chest added for HM. I could see them putting a second chest in the first area but I'm not expecting it.

joecanada

Part of me feels the same and the other part notices how short/small the Raid is. The only section without a chest is where you fight the final battles. You can stay in that room and search all you want before triggering Crota and after killing Crota so surely someone would have found it by now if there was one. There MIGHT be a chest added for HM. I could see them putting a second chest in the first area but I'm not expecting it.

I'm surprised they aren't more hidden, like during the crota fight during failed runs I have run up to where the knights are and opened those doors, you would think they would throw something hard like up there with the knights, but nope, just more empty spaces...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

jadedm17

I've played over 60 hours of Crucicble, at 15 mins a game (12+3 between), that's 240 games. I've got one exotic, Hawkmoon, just last week after over 200 games. I've seen maybe a dozen exotics given. Since strikes are 3 people and pvp is 12 we'll say 240 pvp is 960 strikes, meaning you've missed maybe 3 exotics.

Short version : RNG is random.

LiK

this is big if true...
It's true.

It's the main reason why I really want to try that chest again with my Warlock. If it was just mats, I wouldn't give a shit. I got enough for 32 for two characters right now. But my Titan was blessed that day.

BuzzJive

I've had pretty good luck in the past (just last week I got a Thunderlord on Monday and an Icebreaker on Tuesday on the first Crota chest). But my Bungie gift today was a Badger with weaker perks than the Badger I currently roll with. Oh well.

Since I have Hawkmoon I will be deleting one of my hunters for either a Warlock or Titan. Going to just be doing PVP and roc really with that class. I want those grimoire points.

zewone

Since I have Hawkmoon I will be deleting one of my hunters for either a Warlock or Titan. Going to just be doing PVP and roc really with that class. I want those grimoire points.

I hope you mean you're going to do PVP with Hunter, because trying to play PVP with Titan or 'Lock is..

mj-laughing.gif

Top Bottom