• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Shito

Got a Badger with Zen Moment, Mulligan, and Explosive Rounds.
Not breathtaking, but I'll gladly take it and use it on an alt!

I still need that shrieker chest this week. I have the checkpoint too. Anyone care to help this evening?

Does anyone know how to grab that chest solo?

Also, when is evening for you?

Okay cool, I'll hit up GAF when the time comes (thinking around 6pm CST).

and yeah, Gorgons would be fun too :)

I would like to grab it as well. If I'm online can I join?

I always associate Titans in pvp with stupid behavior because of the panic supers and the rushing directly at me as I'm shooting them hoping to get to me in time for a shoulder charge.

Shoulder charge and running at you trying to get that hulk smash are both annoying as hell. Blade dancers are shit too though so...

R0ckman

I hope you mean you're going to do PVP with Hunter, because trying to play PVP with Titan or 'Lock is..

mj-laughing.gif

I always associate Titans in pvp with stupid behavior because of the panic supers and the rushing directly at me as I'm shooting them hoping to get to me in time for a shoulder charge.

zewone

Yea those. Kill as blank class. Plus I refuse to play the story mode again.. Played it 4 times now. It gets worse every play through

Ah, okay. Yeah, I hear ya on the story mode. I had to do it twice recently for some re-rolled characters.

FYI, you can also get those "Kills as blank class" by having a Titan and Warlock in your fireteam. Their kills will count towards that grimoire total. Same with random people in patrol, as long as you're near them when they get a kill as that class.

zewone

They are the kings of running straight at me when I unload The Last Word in their face as I back pedal.

At least the warlock has the broken as hell fusion grenades for easy kills.

I'm going to assume LiK's chest was a glitch with RnG. I don't think you're meant to get Raid gear (outside the worthless class item) from chests and I've also only seen people get shards and energies both in all my Raid experiences as well as online (save for LiK). Regardless, gratz, LiK!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Remember the player who claimed they got a VoG helmet to drop on Atheon Normal mode?

LiK would not say something that didn't happen to him IMO.

I guess there must be some weird RNG thing happening. I would not go around hoping to get things other than Radiant Mats from the Shrieker chest without hearing more similar stories.

There was also a guy who said his The Last Word had a 12 shot magazine (imagine if true..).

E92 M3

I wonder if there is any chance that Sony will allow for Xbox players to transfer their saves to PS4 for Destiny 2. Or at least be able to play on both consoles. I'd love that.

Ballerhorn :3

I've tried but that purple stuff always gets me aftwrwards. If the door closes after the second shrieker is killed, maybe I kill all the thrawls and leave a couple alive, then kill the shrieker and immediately Mele and get flame shield/invisibility and make a run for it. Might work

I wonder if there is any chance that Sony will allow for Xbox players to transfer their saves to PS4 for Destiny 2. Or at least be able to play on both consoles. I'd love that.

The only reason the two networks are in separate ecosystems is because of the PS-exclusive gear. Hopefully that trend doesn't continue in Destiny 2 because I can tell you from experience - Xbox One content feels quite barren.

Dazzler

Shriekers are hands-down the most annoying enemy in the game

purely because of that dumb homing missile purple gunk they fire off when you kill them

Deku Tree

The only reason the two networks are in separate ecosystems is because of the PS-exclusive gear. Hopefully that trend doesn't continue in Destiny 2 because I can tell you from experience - Xbox One content feels quite barren.

Neither console manufaturer would be in favor of allowing players to transfer their save to the other console ecosystem. So I don't think it'll happen.

Shriekers are hands-down the most annoying enemy in the game

purely because of that dumb homing missile purple gunk they fire off when you kill them

Yeah it's so dumb. If there was a way to counter those things besides running away I wouldn't mind so much.

Hell ya but I wont be on till like 10 pm est.. All my ballerhorn ammo is yours though

Im usually on later as well. I have the checkpoint so I'll just post in here when I want to do it and hopefully people will want to join. It'll probably be around 7pm est

I'm surprised they aren't more hidden, like during the crota fight during failed runs I have run up to where the knights are and opened those doors, you would think they would throw something hard like up there with the knights, but nope, just more empty spaces...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Yeah I thought there was going to be one up there too. That spot and the first zone would be my guesses for HM if they add one.

I'm nervous about how long it will take to get the CE helm for my Warlock as I've seen it drop maybe once in all the runs I've done so far. Namely it's just because waiting a whole week to try again is brutal. It makes me want to create another Lock instead of a Hunter but I'll be strong and try to be patient!

Coconut

Banned
Well met, brother of the master race.

While you do little hippity hops, my Warlock is gliding past the entire chasm like a boss. It's like flying and flying is awesome. Your heavy MG can't create a ton of orbs for your teammates while tossing out it's void damage nor can it self rez and clear the phase to rez your whole team on HM ;) Nor could it use solar nades to cheese Templar and Aetheon. It goes on and on ;P

None of the classes are worthless at anything, darling. I'm just trolling :3 My main Raid team started as mostly Hunters with just two Warlocks and we beat VoG just fine. Skill trumps all else and that's why this game is fun to play.

Maybe you'd enjoy VoidWalker, especially with Obsidian Helm then?

Since I play hunter in a skilled player so I don't need to cheat the system or Rez myself.

darthbob

Sweeeet, got an interesting Pulse Rifle from Bungie this morning! Coiled Hiss 1919.

Now I'm not much of a Pulse Rifle guy but this'll give me the incentive to use one now.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I haven't been able to log in and claim my Legendary yet. Can they be any of any weapon class, or are they all Primary weapon engrams?

Sweeeet, got an interesting Pulse Rifle from Bungie this morning! Coiled Hiss 1919.

Now I'm not much of a Pulse Rifle guy but this'll give me the incentive to use one now.

I think that's the one I got but I already got Red Death this week and a better legendary pulse earlier in the week so it was no good to me.

I've tried but that purple stuff always gets me aftwrwards. If the door closes after the second shrieker is killed, maybe I kill all the thrawls and leave a couple alive, then kill the shrieker and immediately Mele and get flame shield/invisibility and make a run for it. Might work
I would be killed by the purple death blast as well haha. Just making a lame joke that ballerhorn is the answer to everything :p

I always try to give pulse rifles a chance. I got a "time on target" with full auto and field scout (42 rounds) and I like it a lot. Has decent impact and ROF. Full auto is awesome. It's like the strangers rifle but better. I really hope Bungie adds a little impact to all pulse rifles though. Weapons like Praedyths Timepiece would be amazing if they had a little more impact

I would be killed by the purple death blast as well haha. Just making a lame joke that ballerhorn is the answer to everything :p

Lol yeah just shoot the purple shit with a gjallarhorn

Found out the PS4 has its own way of trimming videos so I don't have to use share factory for everything. It's quick and easy to trim a video roughly, then I can fine tune it later in share factory if I have to. So I spent last night (when people couldn't log into destiny) trimming some of my videos from the default 15 minutes to the relevant last 20-30 seconds. I got dozens of clips I want to post now over the past three months. I also have the flawless run I did with everyone.

Some things include:
-Killing a vex clsoe range and getting shot across the map for 'no reason?'
-Cabal shield punch across the map everyone gets
-Sweet tricks and flips with the Time Breaker (before the stunt bike made that all commonplace)
-Copying twilight/zoba and doing last word + trhowing knife kills
-Throwing Knife precision refresh killing 4 enemies
-Eris ghost opening doors joke
-Getting shoulder tackled while doing fist of havoc to push my super into the enemy
-Having 6 people dance around me because female character, all run away when armamentarium (grenade breasts) is equipped.

I have 4 ballerhorns and zero hawkmoons.

We need some sort of trading. Even if its some sort of simple need/greed system. Like i can give up my Ghorn in the results screen.

zewone

lol, I was quite amused at this Reddit thread title:

What's the loudest thing in Destiny?

To my surprise, the OP had the same answer as me:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2rmjt5/whats_the_loudest_thing_in_destiny/

THERE, A CELL FROM THE PRISON OF ELDERS, THE ARCHON PRIEST MUST STILL BE INSIDE
I never understood why he was yelling at me. :(

I have 4 ballerhorns and zero hawkmoons.

We need some sort of trading. Even if its some sort of simple need/greed system. Like i can give up my Ghorn in the results screen.

Then we would need authenticated logins, or people would get their accounts hijacked and looted.

LiK

Dammit, if I knew no one ever got gear from that chest, I would've saved a clip and make an account on Reddit an posted about it lol

Top Bottom