• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Jinjo

Alright GAF, Crota checkpoint, looking to knock this out quick. Need about 4, of which one has to be swordbearer (pref lv 32 obv). PSN is JinjoNL. Go!

Finally finished Hard VOG in one play through for the first time. It was always Atheon checkpoints but I finally played it in one sitting and it's not bad. Seriously Atheon is the easiest part of the raid it's not even funny.

For my troubles though I got my first Fatebringer, first Hezen Vengeance and for killing atheon I got my third timebreaker sparrow and shards lol.

Didn't get any exotics though. All three of my characters opened the chest and nothing. I don't think anybody got any exotics out of it and they all had multiple characters too. Time to go upgrade the Fatebringer, don't really care about Hezen that much.

E92 M3

It's coming. I just got my email about an hour ago and checked the postmaster and my gift arrived. Checked this morning on the same character and it wasn't there... so it's coming.

Yeah I am sure...no rush yet. Still in the office. I might not get the e-mail at all and still get the gift.

I think 96 Radiant Shards & 89 Radiant Energy
I still have to do the first 2 parts for my Titan this week
Also have to do CE on Hunter this week, so I should be over 100+ R. Shards

Have Warlock with Eris Rank 4, so I can swap at least 50+ R. Energy into R. Shards

I see too many 32's have horrible rolls/perks that doesn't help them
Too much STR or guns they never use
I rather wait & see and put in shards into the right pieces

I was pretty happy with my gear. I have 78% intellect, 88% discipline and ~20% strength. Also, my chest has increased ammo for snipers and handcannons. I have another chest that has increased ammo for scouts and fusion rifles. That's the only thing tempting me, but I'm a 32 already.

R0ckman

Is A-LR96-40 Overkill a Roc or Crucible Drop? Want to see if I can get one with Focused Fire. I'm going to start making an arsenal of crucible weapons and really working on load outs.

Rubenov

Ok Gaf, I need your opinions. I got a Red Hand (my first one!) from a New Monarchy package with the following perks:

Sights: Steadyhand, Fastdraw, Quickdraw
Primary Perks: Hip Fire, Feeding Frenzy (quick reload after a kill)
Secondary Perks: Perfect Stability, Snapshot, Explosive Rounds

I also have a vendor TFWPKY that I've been leveling. Which of the two is better overall and why?

The Stability in Red Hand is the highest of all legendary handcannons (second only to upgraded Last Word IIRC if we want to include exotics). You want that stability in a hand cannon combined with a high rate of fire to nail consecutive shots/headshots.

Red Hand is the best Legendary hand cannon of all the 331 ones.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Nice, buddy! I need a helmet for my two guys too but I can use a striker helm on my Titan just to hit 32 if I had the shards and then wait until Saint-14 and or Glasshouse one day comes to me. Warlock I have to get the raid helm as I don't have the raid chest for him to use an exotic helm in the meantime.

I seriously wish they would let you re-roll armor perk/stats
Do 3 Motes of Light per roll

I messed up way early with VoG which really hampered my Warlock, but over time I adjusted the right pieces (stats wise) to make me stand out more

The problem with Radiant shards is it's just a rare commodity
21 Shards needed to upgrade 1 piece, if dismantled nets you back 2...
Too much effort put in to acquire, then wasted if a piece way better comes rolling around

Wish slotted energy/shard gear/weapon netted you back at least 50% back
Hey Ascendant was an abundant material, gotten through many places, Radiant is just to scarce to use up way too quickly in my view

Steroyd

I hope you mean you're going to do PVP with Hunter, because trying to play PVP with Titan or 'Lock is..

mj-laughing.gif

I would have said the same thing, but lately I've configured my Warlock and Striker Titan to a point where I'm happy to use them in PvP, perfect for getting 300 crucible marks in a week.

Bogeypop

Randoms not working out? Been fine for me most of the time

I honestly prefer playing with GAFers. Randoms are just that. Random. Plus even if you have a really good team they usually just leave, and you have to hope your next set of Randoms are decent at best.

I'd honestly love to, I'm stuck at work for still hours more though. What do you people doooo ;_;

But who wants randoms when you can have GAF?!

Same sentiment most people have expressed.
CChmEf2.png
Wish I didn't actually go to sleep during prime time. Seems that's when most people are active during the week, which makes sense. I'm the only crazy one. Maybe I'll try and stay up longer today...

Wish I could get in destiny now :/ curse real world commitments and snow
I'd honestly love to, I'm stuck at work for still hours more though. What do you people doooo ;_;

But who wants randoms when you can have GAF?!
I don't work..
scholarships and federal aid for me :p

blackflag

I'm just missing

Gjallahorn (Decided my unfriendly giant was good enough when Xur sold it..........had the coins.......tears, tears everywhere)

4 horseman

Nechrocasm (obviously but I have 2 Eidelon Ally)

I have chest 2 CP after the bridge.
Depressing Crota raid. My Warlock got 2 energy (lamps), reroll on boots when i have perfect boots (bridge), and 2 shards from Crota.

My Warlock after 4 Crota raids:
2 gloves and 2 boots. I just need a chest! Or helm. Last week was bad reroll on gloves. Next week is the last chance before HM.

Bogeypop

I'm down for ROC strikes :) psn is noomi85

Sweet baby RNGesus finally! Just need one more for a full Roc Strike group, come on GAF don't let me down! The last time I filled a Roc Strike group with a random they got a Hard Light on the first Roc I did... I never went back to war that day...

Homeboyd

What do I win? A ballerhorn? Yeah, it must be a ballerhorn. Where is my ballerhorn?
GIMME A GODDAM BALLERHORN THIS INSTANT... I have a problem, don't I?
Gotta admit, the following words that popped up on my screen after we finished the nightfall was the best moment of this game for me so far:

Homeboyd found Gjallarhorn.

Yes. Yes I did.

I won RNGesus. Fkn won.

Mindlog

WTT: Fully maxxed Gjallarhorn for Obsidian Mind.
I'm never going to get Obsidian Mind :\
I think 96 Radiant Shards & 89 Radiant Energy
I still have to do the first 2 parts for my Titan this week
Also have to do CE on Hunter this week, so I should be over 100+ R. Shards

Have Warlock with Eris Rank 4, so I can swap at least 50+ R. Energy into R. Shards

I see too many 32's have horrible rolls/perks that doesn't help them
Too much STR or guns they never use
I rather wait & see and put in shards into the right pieces
I waited for perfect in Vault of Glass. This time I am OK upgrading 'acceptable.' INT should be over 65% with strong synergies. Losing a little INT is fine if grenade kills boost super energy.

My Titan though. Wow. The Titan is right around 400 STR with the current raid pieces I have and this means it couldn't use Ruin Wings. If I want to use Ruin Wings then all of my raid armor needs +Int. Right now none of it does.

I'd really like to upgrade Hunger of Crota, Light of the Abyss and especially Black Hammer (hasn't dropped.) However, I won't be upgrading any weapons until all of my characters are 32. No point unless my crap Titan armor drops continue.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I really wish I had done that. Just went ahead and maxed it as I got it and now I have, like, 350 strength on my hunter. Feels bad, man.

It really sucks man, I remember when my Warlock was pure STR for VoG, fucking Super and Grenade cooldowns took for fucking ever
I was at a disadvantage

You have to seriously weigh your gear against both subclasses + setup

INT/DIS I covet the most, STR I can survive on 1 piece, max 2, no more
INT >>>>> DIS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> STR

Some players don't see why getting to 32 this quickly will hamper them in the long run, using 21 shards nonchalantly w/o realizing, nothing in the game necessitates 32 at the moment truly

noomi

Sweet baby RNGesus finally! Just need one more for a full Roc Strike group, come on GAF don't let me down! The last time I filled a Roc Strike group with a random they got a Hard Light on the first Roc I did... I never went back to war that day...

I have about an hour before the wife gets in, so the sooner the better, maybe lets start with 2 and a random and check back here if anyone wants to join.

Bogeypop

Ill be ready to ROC in 2 hours....Notice me Senpai...

I did notice you, but I said I'd probably be done for the day by then D:

I have about an hour before the wife gets in, so the sooner the better, maybe lets start with 2 and a random and check back here if anyone wants to join.

If you really want to. I swear if the random gets an Exotic I'll silently just leave the party...

Jinjo

Alright GAF, Crota checkpoint, looking to knock this out quick. Need about 4, of which one has to be swordbearer (pref lv 32 obv). PSN is JinjoNL. Go!

Any of the lv32 GAF ninja's wanna help us out? We just need a swordbearer to knock this out quick. Help would be greatly appreciated!

It really sucks man, I remember when my Warlock was pure STR for VoG, fucking Super and Grenade cooldowns took for fucking ever
I was at a disadvantage

You have to seriously weigh your gear against both subclasses + setup

INT/DIS I covet the most, STR I can survive on 1 piece, max 2, no more
INT >>>>> DIS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> STR

Some players don't see why getting to 32 this quickly will hamper them in the long run, using 21 shards nonchalantly w/o realizing, nothing in the game necessitates 32 at the moment truly

Yea your advice to me a week or 2 ago about waiting for the right gear helped! I can get my Hunter and Titan to 32 but wouldn't be my ideal stats so I'm waiting. Got a couple slightly better rolls this week but mostly worse aka shards.

Fitts

The Stability in Red Hand is the highest of all legendary handcannons (second only to upgraded Last Word IIRC if we want to include exotics). You want that stability in a hand cannon combined with a high rate of fire to nail consecutive shots/headshots.

Red Hand is the best Legendary hand cannon of all the 331 ones.

I was thinking the same, but I wasn't really having a problem with TFWPKY either. I also like that TFWPKY has flared magwell but I adore speed reload perks which my Red Hand has.

Thanks for your insight!

Top Bottom