• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

I seriously wish they would let you re-roll armor perk/stats
Do 3 Motes of Light per roll

I messed up way early with VoG which really hampered my Warlock, but over time I adjusted the right pieces (stats wise) to make me stand out more

The problem with Radiant shards is it's just a rare commodity
21 Shards needed to upgrade 1 piece, if dismantled nets you back 2...
Too much effort put in to acquire, then wasted if a piece way better comes rolling around

Wish slotted energy/shard gear/weapon netted you back at least 50% back
Hey Ascendant was an abundant material, gotten through many places, Radiant is just to scarce to use up way too quickly in my view
Yeah I really wish I could get most of those shards I poured into my gloves back for the ones I just picked up yesterday. I didn't realize you could get a roll with two stats...I'm not sure why I maxed those out as I made sure not to waste shards since. I think I might have needed it to hit 31 at the time. Lesson learned!

Feorax

Only bit I havent done this week in CE is the Deathsinger section. Might see if anyone is doing a fresh raid tomorrow just to get it done.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Do we know anything yet about the new CE hard mode weapons?
They're all Primary and they've got elements, ala all the VoG stuff.

I'm more interested to know if there is indeed new armour for the Hard Mode, as pre-DLC release data mining suggests.

legendary-dlc-armor-dark-below.png

hydruxo

I'm really tired of people departing at the beginning of Roc strikes. It happens almost everytime. Bungie needs to add a strike vote/veto system or something.

The Stability in Red Hand is the highest of all legendary handcannons (second only to upgraded Last Word IIRC if we want to include exotics). You want that stability in a hand cannon combined with a high rate of fire to nail consecutive shots/headshots.

Red Hand is the best Legendary hand cannon of all the 331 ones.

Not all red hands might have the stability. Dropped legendaries have different stats. I might get a "chance" that has the same specs or even better than a red hand. I have two 300 attack red hands and one of them is clearly superior to the other cause of stats and perks.

The Force is strong in you, my brother

How does one even join the dark side of Destiny? Do you just pledge allegiance to Darth Sidious posing as Palpatine (Speaker)? Then you get a special cinema where you walk out on the secret tower balcony and he discusses the dark side with you and sets you up to hunt some young-lings setting the stage for the final DLC where Speaker will be the true boss of Destiny.

rNilla

All these Vanguard Marks and Commendations and nothing to buy. I wish I could use them with Crucible and Faction vendors. :(

Messiek

I'm more interested to know if there is indeed new armour for the Hard Mode, as pre-DLC release data mining suggests.

I'm sure those other ones are from the House of wolves raid. They look fallenish

I'm really tired of people departing at the beginning of Roc strikes. It happens almost everytime. Bungie needs to add a strike vote/veto system or something.

The problem with that is that it'd turn into Reach where you only play the same one or two strikes, ever. I remember when you could play nothing but Swordbase on Reach because of voting.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

The left "column" for each class looks pretty Fallen-inspired to me. HoW perhaps.

Namikaze1

How does one even join the dark side of Destiny? Do you just pledge allegiance to Darth Sidious posing as Palpatine (Speaker)? Then you get a special cinema where you walk out on the secret tower balcony and he discusses the dark side with you and sets you up to hunt some young-lings setting the stage for the final DLC where Speaker will be the true boss of Destiny.
No, they pledge allegiance to me. I started this shit. I'm the first Sith Lord. Darth Nami, Bane of the Hawk. Destroyer of Dreams. Wielder of the Husk. My (Husk) powers are too great for all of you to witness!

Join me, Squall, and together we can rule these pathetic lifeforms.
darth-vader-join-me-and-we-will-rule.jpg

phen0m24

Squall!! What are you doing?

You have to sell your soul to the Cryptarch!! DON'T DO IT BRO

Plus they eat Wookiee cookies. NO joke.

Jinjo

Shoutout to Noomi for the quick Crota kill and staying for a bit despite us choking two times lol. Many thanks!

No guns, but did get the helmet for my lock.

Namikaze1

Squall!! What are you doing?

You have to sell your soul to the Cryptarch!! DON'T DO IT BRO

Plus they eat Wookiee cookies. NO joke.
Hush you!
You and your pathetic Jedi kind should go back on munching on your Wookie Cookies. The Dark Side prefers chocolate chips.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No, they pledge allegiance to me. I started this shit. I'm the first Sith Lord. Darth Nami, Bane of the Hawk. Destroyer of Dreams. Wielder of the Husk. My (Husk) powers are too great for all of you to witness!

Join me, Squall, and together we can rule these pathetic lifeforms.
darth-vader-join-me-and-we-will-rule.jpg
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

R0ckman

HoW stuff I'm sure, the dump had a bunch of exotics we didn't get in this DLC, I was wanting that Wolf shotgun and found out it wasn't in this update.

I thought i remembered the Titan helm looking different then the one that currently drops. Didnt realize the helm I was thinking of was from a different set of armor.

SeanR1221

So my buddy was getting rid of his copy and I offered him 20.00 so I'll have the game again lol

As someone who hasn't played since early October and im level 24, what's different?

I know there's less emphasis on materials.

What should my plan be? Daily mission and strike every day? Do the bounties?

So my buddy was getting rid of his copy and I offered him 20.00 so I'll have the game again lol

As someone who hasn't played since early October and im level 24, what's different?

Dailies, weeklies, and bounties, yes. You can jump a huge portion of the light level requirements by simply farming your rep up and buying from the vendors.

Dazzler

This

only one people don't seem to drop out of is Devil's Lair

Omnigul, Valus and Black Garden are the worst three for dropouts

Deku Tree

You gotta buy new armor from the Vanguard or the Crucible. Four pieces. Or three pieces plus an exotic from Xur. Do daily bounties. Do Daily Story. Save your marks. Do the strike playlist. You'll need a Vanguard or Crucible commendation to buy a helmet or a chest piece of armor. Commendations are acquired on each rank up of your rep level starting at level 3.

Then you level them up to get to level 31. Then your ready to do any of the end game content with gaffers if you want.

You might also consider buying TDB DLC if you like the game. Most people around here are playing TDB raid content right now.

Top Bottom