• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

noomi

Pulse Rifles are the Jar Jar Binks of Destiny.

On an unrelated note, yep Randoms for Roc Strikes suck. Had one random literally leave not even 2 minutes after a Strike started and a second one leave after rushing into a group of enemies on his Sparrow, dying, and then returning to orbit.

We were the real champions! Thanks for the group though, should team up again for ROC's soon when I have more time :)

Bogeypop

We were the real champions! Thanks for the group though, should team up again for ROC's soon when I have more time :)

More like you were the champion. You got a Legendary Primary Weapon Engram and a Legendary Ship back-to-back. So annoyed with those pugs leaving for no reason that I don't even want to bother trying to get another Roc group together...

noomi

More like you were the champion. You got a Legendary Engram and a Legendary Ship back-to-back. So annoyed with those pugs leaving for no reason that I don't even want to bother trying to get another Roc group together...

Well, if it makes you feel better, that engram turned to some crap pulse rifle (shards) and the ship is pretty ugly :/

Hawkmoon is out there somewhere waiting for me, alone and cold.... poor thing, I can;t wait to hold it in my arms.

Well, if it makes you feel better, that engram turned to some crap pulse rifle (shards) and the ship is pretty ugly :/

Hawkmoon is out there somewhere waiting for me, alone and cold.... poor thing, I can;t wait to hold it in my arms.

Nami killed it.

Sorry.

Lol seriously. You get faction rep when doing PVE content. There are even patrol missions you do for factions yet you can't use anything you earn in PVE. Wtf?

As long as you have the rep you should be able to use vanguard marks to buy from them

It's so weird I just finished a public event wearing New Monarchy gear and earned some marks and reps and you're telling me I can't spend my marks at that vendor. That's just stupid and another thing that's just baffling about the way game is right now. I would like to think it's an oversight but who knows.

In other news, Fatebringer is pretty damn good. If they ever allow us to reroll perks I would keep rerolling until I got the firefly perk on all my weapons, even rocket lauchers lol.

Namikaze1

Yeah, about your Hawkmoon. I got some bad news for you.

HighOnPCP

I just decrypted 2 legendary primary engrams on video and both turned into badger CCL's.

I didn't sing the badger badger badger mushroom mushroom song afterwards...

I fucking fail at life

Bogeypop

$5 says it was the Neon Green color of a Lego.

Xcycdzz.jpg

I would always just say that as a joke, but looking at it now most of the DLC ships really are that color

zewone

I just decrypted 2 legendary primary engrams on video and both turned into badger CCL's.

I didn't sing the badger badger badger mushroom mushroom song afterwards...

I fucking fail at life

Any good perks?

I'm hoping for a Badger or LDR for my XMas package.

I agree on the premise that I don't like PvP. Like a) I suck at it and b) Based on the former it's not very fun for me. I have something like 10 or 11 Vanguard commendations at this point collecting all kinds of cosmic dust.

I will never hit Crucible rank anything because the only marks I get are "Back in Action" which should be renamed "Missing In Action" because that's a better descriptor of my Guardian and his ability to aim.

If there was a special mark for my kill (notice not kills plural) it would be BLIND SQUIRREL. It would say "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while." UNfortunately it would take an inordinate amount of Blind Squirrel awards to hit Crucible Rank 0.1 even - so suffice it to say, I'm screwed.

Let me use all these Vanguard marks and stuff for something. Please Bungie, the Blind Squirrel is hungry...

I second this motion! Tried for the Bad JuJu PvP part last night. 25 more kills than deaths. After one match I was at two, and after two matches I was at one. Fix this Bungie.

Out of sheer curiosity, what's up with all the pulse rifle hate? I love using them.

They don't really have anything going for them. Every other weapon class does everything better than Pulse Rifles.

Right now there are only 3 pulse rifles in the game that are possibly worth using.

2 of them are exotics, and they're only worth using because their perks make them worth it.

1 of them is the strangers rifle, and it's amazing because it is 100% stable, and thus you can actually land precision shots with it.

I made this post a few OTs ago.

I think Pulse Rifles should have a different stat. Pulse Accuracy, basically.

Pulse Rifles should inherently be 100% stable, as in your cursor shouldn't move at all when fired, or if it does, very very minimally.

Now, the Pulse Accuracy should impact how accurate the 2nd and 3rd bullets are compared to the first. So imagine a Pulse rifle with 0% Pulse Accuracy, the first bullet hits the cross hair mark dead on, but bullet 2 and 3 are off by a full degree. Where a 100% Pulse Accuracy leave bullet 2 and 3 dead on the cross hair mark to accompany number 1.

Basically, I want something closer to the BR in Halo 2/3. The only Pulse Rifle I like is the Stangers, and it was okay for what it was, but only because it had perfect stability. I've used Red Death, and it's okay, but it's slow rate of fire combined with it's not quite perfect stability make it lackluster.

Long story short, Pulse rifles don't seem to offer anything unique about them. They don't have a specific range they are good at, and they don't seem to accommodate any type of specific play styles.

RdN

I'm stuck on level 29 and I'm sooooo far away from leveling a faction up so I can get a commendation.

So frustrating.

Korosenai

Cheesed the first two sections I'm assuming?

How did you handle the Ir Yut section?

Yup, we cheesed it. Ir Yut section wasn't hard at all. I used blade dancer to sneak in and take out the right shrieker, then we just all went left, took out those two knights outside and that one knight inside, and had someone on thrall duty so they didn't sneak attack us.

zewone

How do you cheese the first section flawlessly? What would be the benefit?
You can cheese the first section easily by just hanging out on the rock near the bridge. Thralls can't hit you. Only have to worry about kill the Ogre(s). The benefit would be putting yourself in less danger and if you screw it up, it's easy to restart raid since it only take a few minutes to pass the first section.
Yup, we cheesed it. Ir Yut section wasn't hard at all. I used blade dancer to sneak in and take out the right shrieker, then we just all went left, took out those two knights outside and that one knight inside, and had someone on thrall duty so they didn't sneak attack us.

Nice. Congrats. I already have it from VoG, but I was telling my buddies to go for it on CE.

Top Bottom