• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Can you skip the hive majors upgrade on Black Hammer and still max out the last damage upgrades without the glitch?

Hey! I'm running two of my friends through Crota's End! These two are inexperienced with it, so I would like some people who have already done it, but even if you haven't, join if you want! You'll just have to bear with my sub-par leadership skills and some raid newbies.

We're starting from the beginning, and at least going up until the second loot drop, right after the bridge. Once we finish the bridge section, we might continue to do the rest of the raid, we might not. We'll see where the wind blows. We've already gotten the first chest, so grab it before you join us.

PSN ID: Slenderbeans

#1: SlenderBeans
#2: Friend
#3: Friend
#4:
#5:
#6:

Rehsa

Got another up for anything as my gift, with radar, spray and play, hc rounds, lightweight and skip rounds. My previous drop one was cascade (melee reload) snap shot, fitted stock, sling and crowd control.

Hey! I'm running two of my friends through Crota's End! These two are inexperienced with it, so I would like some people who have already done it, but even if you haven't, join if you want! You'll just have to bear with my sub-par leadership skills and some raid newbies.

We're starting from the beginning, and at least going up until the second loot drop, right after the bridge. Once we finish the bridge section, we might continue to do the rest of the raid, we might not. We'll see where the wind blows. We've already gotten the first chest, so grab it before you join us.

#4: mugoldeneagle03
#5:
#6:

In, just messaged you.

#4: mugoldeneagle03
#5:
#6:

Still looking for two people!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I might be able to get my hunter to 27 now. Would it be cool if I join. Won't have a mic cause wife's asleep but I'll stat outta the way on the lamps part.

You don't need to do anything other than sit at the entrance. I'm going to be going in a few minutes.

You don't need to do anything other than sit at the entrance. I'm going to be going in a few minutes.

Yeah I figured. Grabbing some mats off my alts. Hope I'll be able to hit 27.

Edit: nvm 2 light short after upgrades. Thanks anyway. Gonna shoot you a FR.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you can get in with a lower that's fine. I'm just assuming 27 is the minimum to enter CE. Hell if I could I would carry 10s and 20s.

If you can get in with a lower that's fine. I'm just assuming 27 is the minimum to enter CE. Hell if I could I would carry 10s and 20s.
Yeah I think 27 is the lowest. I wanted to get the first chest with my warlock that's 26 and it wouldn't let me.

Goddamn I need some boots. I would instantly go to 28 if i wasn't rocking level 12 boss l boots.

Though if you're around during the weekend and wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate my 28 titan getting carried.

spyder_ur

What combo you using?

Titan - I felt like I was getting the hang of it, but handed it off so the group could get a clear. I was trying to go R1-R1-R2, but I found myself triggering the 3rd R1 too quickly. Really, though, it was much more of a matter of timing and especially escaping. It's different when you're up there. Really wanted to crush him once.

Gordon

So Nightfall this week:
My buddy got Patience & Time. He's the only one in our group that already had it at 331.
My wife got the Don't Touch Me hunter gauntlets. She has only levelled her Warlock to 28 so far and is hurting for Warlock gear/mats/guns.
I got 9 energies. I need a Gjallarhorn. Or a Suros. Or Truth. Or any of the good exotics.

After epic angry no-burn bullshit (we don't have Black Hammer) that was a let-down.

The whole weekly heroic/weekly nightfall being the same strike with different modifiers is a little suffocating. How about always two strikes from different planets, and never the same burn on both. Let us swap our guns and maybe not go slowly insane from mindless repetition?

You know what would be cool? A level 30 vanguard playlist with random burns and like 4 or 5 modifiers all rolled out at random, with a high likelihood of legendary rewards. Like at the rewards screen, you'd want to be seeing one person getting a purple engram (and not always a class item), one getting one or two ass mats/currency, and one getting a couple of blue engrams or a ship or a shader or something, pretty consistently. Basically Nightfall Jr. but without replay restrictions. It might seem like it could be abusable, but for what? Ass mats? I hear there's a shortage. It would be nice to have some decent end-game-ish level content that could be played more than once a week, particularly for people who don't play three characters and won't be paying Mr. Ta'aurc six visits this week. ROC strikes are okay, but once you're past level 26 or so the rewards are basically useless and the challenge is just finding faster and faster routes through the same five or six strikes, over and over and over while you grind marks. Modifiers and better loot would make it so much more fun. I get that Bungie want to keep us perpetually horny for loot, but the exclusive raid loot and exotics is a pretty reasonable honeypot to keep us coming.

hydruxo

Titan - I felt like I was getting the hang of it, but handed it off so the group could get a clear. I was trying to go R1-R1-R2, but I found myself triggering the 3rd R1 too quickly. Really, though, it was much more of a matter of timing and especially escaping. It's different when you're up there. Really wanted to crush him once.

Yeah honestly I'm not a fan of the R1-R1-R2, I tried that at first but like you said it can put you in danger if you don't time it correctly and get stuck in the middle of a combo when he stands up. I do R1-R2-R1-R2 (or R2-R1-R2-R1) and that's worked pretty well for me. You can get R2 hits in quicker if you hold the left stick up while doing it because it cancels the animation. When I'm escaping I mash R1 in the air to use the sword to glide away safely rather than trying to run away because Crota's reach is pretty wide and you don't have much time otherwise.

Edit: I swear I always get the last or first post on the page lol

Top Bottom