• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Not all Horns are made equal. That dead one is a certain swordbearer.

sZ2B22Z.gif

Gordon

Question: Does anybody know how the stagger effect from high caliber rounds is calculated? Like, I assume the perk adds a potential for a round to stagger a target and each round has a dice roll, but is that averaged over a clip like Luck in the Clip (leaning toward small clipsize for effect), or just applied with a consistent likelihood per shot regardless (which would mean I want high RoF)?

I think I need to go to bed. I was repeating the Fist of Crota mission for the bounty, and somehow I needed up in a ROC strike. Talk about going through the motions, don't even remember going to the playlist.

So I'm trying to cheese the bridge section with some friends, since they changed their minds but didnt want to find randoms. I've looked at some videos, and I was able to cross the bridge, but they are stuck at the first part. All the videos I've seen, the Wizards spawn, and then the Ogres spawn. But neither are spawning on the far side, only Knights and Acolytes. What am I doing wrong?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
So I'm trying to cheese the bridge section with some friends, since they changed their minds but didnt want to find randoms. I've looked at some videos, and I was able to cross the bridge, but they are stuck at the first part. All the videos I've seen, the Wizards spawn, and then the Ogres spawn. But neither are spawning on the far side, only Knights and Acolytes. What am I doing wrong?

Just keep killing things. They'll spawn eventually.

Ghazi

Honestly don't think the game spawns either of those two if it detects people still on the other side of the bridge. 10 minutes is way too long there.

purg3

slept with Malkin
pretty solid CE week
-Titan Chest-shards
-Titan Gloves-shards
-Titan helm (better stat roll)
-Hunger of Crota (didn't have)
-The Last Word
-Shards/Energy

And a Mida Multi-Tool from the nightfall

Still have to run gorgon cp 3x so hopefully I can pull a Ghorn or Thunderlord

Ok, so we're doing the method of just staying back and sniping everything. BUT, even after killing the swordbearer so the Gatekeeper spawns, nothing on the other side is spawning.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ok, so we're doing the method of just staying back and sniping everything. BUT, even after killing the swordbearer so the Gatekeeper spawns, nothing on the other side is spawning.

What? LOL.

What you do is all of you go back into the room spanky the swordsman comes out of and jump onto those platforms on the back. One of you go out and activate the gates of hell unleashing the demons. Then run the hell back to the platforms with your buddies and wait until the enemies are like dammit he ran away, so they end up running away too. Leave Spanky alone because he's harmless unless you get too close, he likes hugs. All of you go and snipe as many things as you can until Shrek's two cousins appears and kill them. Woolah.

Don't kill the swordbearer

Even when we don't, nothing is spawning on the otherside. Was this patched?

What? LOL.

What you do is all of you go back into the room spanky the swordsman comes out of and jump onto those platforms on the back. One of you go out and activate the gates of hell unleashing the demons. Then run the hell back to the platforms with your buddies and wait until the enemies are like dammit he ran away, so they end up running away too. Leave Spanky alone because he's harmless unless you get too close, he likes hugs. All of you go and snipe as many things as you can until Shrek's two cousins appears and kill them. Woolah.

That's the problem. We start the event, but the other side is completely empty. Nothing is spawning.

kidko

What? LOL.

Best tutorial language ever. Deej should learn to write like this

Got Truth from my second nightfall. Not going to complain, I didn't have it yet. Better then my first nightfall which just gave me some ok but not all the interesting legendary shotgun.

sjay1994

So I opened my small but legendary gift

Got the devil you don't with

performance bonus: Kills give bonus ammo
Explosive rounds,snapshot,high calibur rounds

and feeding frenzy: kills increase reload time

.... this is good.... isn't it?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
She.

Next time I go through it. Don't know when exactly maybe tomorrow if any low levels need it. If you're around you can tag along for a quick run to see how to do it. You don't need a warlock to rezz or anything. Any class and any amount of people can do it. The only thing is to make sure you have enough ammo to kill the enemies on the other side. Icebreaker is the star of this section.

Level 32s!

That is 2 out of 3 character classes that are at Level 32 now. I've been really lucky with armour rolls, my Titan has everything at 65-75% (like to keep him well rounded) and my Hunter has 80% Intellect, 87% Discipline and 28% Strength. I have a lot of exotic armour that can change it up as well, but the defaults I have now are perfect for my play style.

9ff5re.jpg

8a0mqR.jpg

For my Warlock he is at 88% Intellect, 24% Discipline and 76% Strength. Hoping for some better rolled armour from the raid for him, the full strength chest piece is killing me. Would like to have more discipline.

aeN7Te.jpg

I had 34 Radiant Energy and 2 Radiant Shards left, so with the Eris exchange I am at 36 total. So I need a mix of 27 shards and energy from next weeks reset runs on Crota's End to get him to 32. I hope I can get them as next week will likely be the last week before the hard mode of Crota's End goes live (rumour is Tuesday January 20th). That would be 9 for each character, which seems realistic.

Also levelled up the Saterienne Rapier all the way today too! It is my favourite 331 Scout Rifle, I need to get The Calling next from Future War Cult.

E6pn66.jpg

Hard Mode Crota's End here I come!

Nightfall 1: Arachnid helm
Nightfall 2: Coiled Hiss, so crappy
Nightfall 3: Legendary Heavy Engram -> ok MG.

Vanguard leveled up to another worthless 33 gear. Forgot to equip Dead Orbit :X

Top Bottom