• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Ya they do loot badly in this game. No trading and indeed a veritable trickle of loot... Today they gave out gifts, but of course their supposed random Rng gave me yet another duplicate scout rifle, but of course with worse perks than my current one.
I know random is supposed to be random but I continually only get crucible gear and duplicates, seems highly suspect
Oh they have gifts today? I didn't even play at all today (yesterday). I'm gonna have to check that when I get home.

Haha, I loved the cheese gif in the Kotaku review.

len6lmpy4jmbuuaypd8f.gif

Rixa

I finally got the raid helmet for my main Warlock. Now I'm switching back and forth between the Claws and Sunbreakers.
My second Warlock is rocking the LBN helmet since I don't have a second raid helmet.
My third Warlock has Starfire Protocol since he doesn't have Gift of the Sun unlocked, yet so it works out but I need another raid helmet to get him to 32.

I don't have enough shards to get a second character to 32, yet so there's no rush. At least the gear distribution is settled between all three characters.
My main Sunbro is at 32 and through Vault I can change armors to other Sunbro 32 level.

My 3rd (actually 2nd) character) Hunter is going to be long at 31. Dont have shards and dont have armors. With hunter Ive done crota twice only gotten gloves (I have exotics there).

I do have 2 exotic helmets for hunter, too bad I had to shard those raid gloves, but Iam quite certain I get another pair at some point.

Iam ok with the knowledge that I can get 2 characters out of 3 to level 32. Next thing to do is to collect shards / energy (Eris is at rank 3) and try to get better rolls for Sunbro armors.

Hopefully I get another raid helmet, the one I have has Intellect +55 and Strength +60.
Just noticed that in Vault I do have Claws of Ahamkara, I need to level those too (with bounties). Totally forget that those exist :D

Oh they have gifts today? I didn't even play at all today (yesterday). I'm gonna have to check that when I get home.
Only one legendary weapon. Mine is so going to be sharded (solar Plug One.1)

KeRaSh

My main Sunbro is at 32 and through Vault I can change armors to other Sunbro 32 level.

My 3rd (actually 2nd) character) Hunter is going to be long at 31. Dont have shards and dont have armors. With hunter Ive done crota twice only gotten gloves (I have exotics there).

I do have 2 exotic helmets for hunter, too bad I had to shard those raid gloves, but Iam quite certain I get another pair at some point.

Iam ok with the knowledge that I can get 2 characters out of 3 to level 32. Next thing to do is to collect shards / energy (Eris is at rank 3) and try to get better rolls for Sunbro armors.

Hopefully I get another raid helmet, the one I have has Intellect +55 and Strength +60.
Just noticed that in Vault I do have Claws of Ahamkara, I need to level those too (with bounties). Totally forget that those exist :D

Yeah, I basically have three 32 Warlocks with my main being all decked out but I might as well get the others as close to 32 as possible without having to switch gear while there is no new content.
All three characters also have maxed primary and heavy weapons so I actually only have to pass my Ice Breaker around when doing harder content.

Rixa

Yeah, I basically have three 32 Warlocks with my main being all decked out but I might as well get the others as close to 32 as possible without having to switch gear while there is no new content.
All three characters also have maxed primary and heavy weapons so I actually only have to pass my Ice Breaker around when doing harder content.

I only got one Fatebringer, one Truth and I wont (at this point) max another Black Hammer. So for Crota I usually switch weapons through Vault. Fatebringer rocks at CE raid, those exploding Thralls <3.

At Bridge part (all runs legit way, its so fun part of CE) in our team Iam the one in the middle Circle so its nice to shoot Thralls that come down stairs, with one shot you can easily kill 3 thralls :p

1. Warlock 32 lvl
2. Hunter 31 lvl
3. Warlock 31 lvl

I still have one Crota run to do for this week (2nd Warlock) and since I got my 1. Warlock to lvl 32 I switch gear, so that my char is 32 when doing CE. I havent done CE at lvl 32 yet.

panda-zebra

Handed in 2 bounties, got a missive, already have all 5 pve exotic bounties open on this char, so I expect this will show once I complete one? A bit annoying seeing the <!> above Xander.
EDIT: Actually I have 4 and the missive that says take it to Xander. I'm assuming he was only going to offer me a choice of the 4 I already have, so the missive itself is taking up the slot and Xander won't deal with it. Urgh...

I finally got the raid helmet for my main Warlock.

I got one last night, which was a bonus as deleting my 2nd warlock for a hunter left me with only one chance this week. Crota also gave me a third ice breaker.

bosseye

My (early/late depending on your point of view) Christmas list for Uncle Xur:

Dear Xur (you sexy swine)

When you visit the tower tomorrow morning, please can you bring me:

1) A 331 damage version of Hard Light
2) A 331 damage version of Icebreaker
3) An exotic helmet FOR A WARLOCK with +36 light that looks cool and is not rubbish.

Pretty please. Don't be an arse.

I'm stuck at lvl 30 until I get that helmet so all I can really do is upgrade weapons and collect marks/bounties/coins/motes etc but there's hardly any point in upgrading my old 300 exotics so I'm just running around doing ROC strikes and hoping for exotic drops
Hahahahaha, yeah right

Rixa

My (early/late depending on your point of view) Christmas list for Uncle Xur:

Dear Xur (you sexy swine)

I'm stuck at lvl 30 until I get that helmet so all I can really do is upgrade weapons and collect marks/bounties/coins/motes etc but there's hardly any point in upgrading my old 300 exotics so I'm just running around doing ROC strikes and hoping for exotic drops

With marks + VG gear you can get to 31 level, you dont need exotic at all.

Xur is going to be shithead (normal) and now he will sell 2 weapons: Universal Remote & 4th Horseman.

From Xur I really would like to get more Heavy Synths (I still got over 100, but I need more them)!

Steroyd

Xur has no power over me, I'm only missing 1 exotic armour in the game and the one weapon I'd want him to sell can't because of the bullshit PS exclusive deals. >_<

Jinjo

Oh look a titan bounty that isn't the shoulder charge one lol.

Nada, I already got the emblem with my Titan, so it looks like it's one per account which sucks.

Was your emblem inventory full? I've heard this emblem is bugged in that it doesn't get send to the mail when it's full, so basicly you got boned out of another emblem.

Daigoro

today a freind for Devil You Dont as the gift in the mail, then he got it again immediately upon finishing the Nightfall. i laughed.

i got a Coiled Hiss in the mail. i cried.

Man, I'm definitely staying up to do double Eris bounties the next couple days. Only thing standing in between me and 32.

I hope Xur is selling Obsidian Mind this week.

i am exactly 1 fucking shard away from 32 on my main. so close!

i would have been 32 a while ago if i didnt split some shards between my other character. dont know why the hell i did that...

Manp

I got solar version of Plug One.1 as a gift. As for PVE I already got much better version (void dam).

Maybe ok perks for PvP?

i never had a legendary void fusion rifle since launch. the other day i got a void Plug One.1 with accelerated coils :3

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I wish I could shoot other guardians during patrols. There's way too many asshats in this game that turn what should be a 2 minute bounty into a 30 minute chore.

kubus

I got a few questions, if anyone could answer them it would be appreciated.

1) I just bought the LE from amazon.co.uk but I'm in the Netherlands. Will the dlc codes work with my account?

2) Can two accounts on the same PlayStation 4 access the expansion content if I only redeem it on one account? Or will my boyfriend also have to buy the expansions?

Thanks in advance :)

Two Words

The regaining ammo perk for The Fourth Horseman doesn't seem to kick in enough. You only get one round returned, and you only get it for kills. It happens for me like once every 4 kills. I think it should have a 50% chance.

I got a few questions, if anyone could answer them it would be appreciated.

1) I just bought the LE from amazon.co.uk but I'm in the Netherlands. Will the dlc codes work with my account?

2) Can two accounts on the same PlayStation 4 access the expansion content if I only redeem it on one account? Or will my boyfriend also have to buy the expansions?

Thanks in advance :)

I would assume that as long as you redeem the voucher in the UK store, you will then have the DLC for your DISC based game, if you ever decided to purchase Destiny digitally from the Netherlands store then your UK DLC will not work.

I'm pretty certain if you both have the same PS4 set as primary then both the accounts on that machine can use the DLC. However if purchased on your account you can use it on any PS4, your other half can only use on the PS4 where you are set as primary. (I think that's right)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
And loot their corpses. Steal their Gjallarhorn.

I could see the gifs of dudes getting mowed over by sparrows and getting their gjallahorn jacked.

2 mins with open season patrols and you'd come back screaming for the old ways.

Judging by how the average player performs in crucible probably not. But then again the scumbaggery is strong with randoms.

Nuszka

Away for like 15 hours and this thread got about 30ish pages, anyway for my gift i got a pulse rifle with a very low impact so sharded it straight after. Just wanted to ask if it has been confirmed when hard CE raid will start. Seen someones post that it will happen in less than 2 weeks. Both my titan and warlock can be at 32 with a good stat and weapon distribution, my hunter hasen't been blessed with a single raid gear so far. The problem i see is that i will have enough radiants to upgrade one , hopfully 2 raid weapons, most likley i will upgarde my Hunger of Crota. The weapons i want to jump in will be:
Primary: Hawkmoon, VoC, Badger with outlaw and firefly
Special: Icebreaker, Black Hammer (not maxed), Light of the Abyss(not maxed) or Murmur
Heavy: Horn, Hunger of Crota and some machine gun i will upgrade down the line
If hard raid is going to happen in 2 weeks that will be something to look forward to.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Don't you get Ascendant Shards anymore by dismantling legendary gear? Yesterday deleted three pieces and got Plating, no shards? Need some shards to get to level 31.

Lima

All I know is they need to start talking about hard mode and release it soon. This shit is so unbelievably boring and easy on normal that I play it alone since I hit 32 just to have at least some challenge.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
This game really wants me to have 1000 Gilgamesh shaders. :(

Gimme something good like Arctic or something >_<

Thankfully it goes away for an hour or so after log out/in...
Its been occurring alot more frequency for me, the untolerable lag in pvp and the NAT errors :( It was not this bad a few weeks ago for me.

Away for like 15 hours and this thread got about 30ish pages, anyway for my gift i got a pulse rifle with a very low impact so sharded it straight after. Just wanted to ask if it has been confirmed when hard CE raid will start. Seen someones post that it will happen in less than 2 weeks. Both my titan and warlock can be at 32 with a good stat and weapon distribution, my hunter hasen't been blessed with a single raid gear so far. The problem i see is that i will have enough radiants to upgrade one , hopfully 2 raid weapons, most likley i will upgarde my Hunger of Crota. The weapons i want to jump in will be:
Primary: Hawkmoon, VoC, Badger with outlaw and firefly
Special: Icebreaker, Black Hammer (not maxed), Light of the Abyss(not maxed) or Murmur
Heavy: Horn, Hunger of Crota and some machine gun i will upgrade down the line
If hard raid is going to happen in 2 weeks that will be something to look forward to.
It has not been confirm, when Crota's End Hard Mode is being release. If bungie is back at work and there is a update from Deej, its possible he will mention when Crota's End Hard Mode will be available. Kinda what I am assuming :p

Handed in 2 bounties, got a missive, already have all 5 pve exotic bounties open on this char, so I expect this will show once I complete one? A bit annoying seeing the <!> above Xander.
EDIT: Actually I have 4 and the missive that says take it to Xander. I'm assuming he was only going to offer me a choice of the 4 I already have, so the missive itself is taking up the slot and Xander won't deal with it. Urgh...

I got one last night, which was a bonus as deleting my 2nd warlock for a hunter left me with only one chance this week. Crota also gave me a third ice breaker.

You still got the check point I could possibly grab from you later dude?

kubus

I would assume that as long as you redeem the voucher in the UK store, you will then have the DLC for your DISC based game, if you ever decided to purchase Destiny digitally from the Netherlands store then your UK DLC will not work.

I'm pretty certain if you both have the same PS4 set as primary then both the accounts on that machine can use the DLC. However if purchased on your account you can use it on any PS4, your other half can only use on the PS4 where you are set as primary. (I think that's right)
Thanks for the reply! :)

Hmm it might get a little trickier than that. We actually already have a (Dutch) copy of the game which we both played a lot when the game first launched. Now that we also won a 20th Anniversary PlayStation we thought it would be cool to co-op, both on a different PS4/TV setup inside the house. So that's why we bought the UK LE. That does make the primary account juggling a little more complicated I guess...

I've tried thinking about how this could work with having 2 PS4 systems, the DLC on a separate UK account + only one of us having PS+ and it just gets too confusing for me, haha.

Maybe it's better if I sell the UK expansion codes and then at some point buy the expansion(s) from my own region to avoid all the hassle.

raindoc

I could see the gifs of dudes getting mowed over by sparrows and getting their gjallahorn jacked.

Judging by how the average player performs in crucible probably not. But then again the scumbaggery is strong with randoms.
c'mon - skill has nothing to do with that. ever played GTA Online? if friendly fire was a thing in Destiny, you'd constantly get whacked on patrol spawn points...

Top Bottom