• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Level 32s!

E6pn66.jpg

Hard Mode Crota's End here I come!

Dang nice work. Only about 20 Crucible matcjds left. I want the chance next too haha

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Any advice on Legendary AR's?

Looking to purchase one from Crucible. Maybe vanguard if they have a better offering.

Man, I'm definitely staying up to do double Eris bounties the next couple days. Only thing standing in between me and 32.

I hope Xur is selling Obsidian Mind this week.

Sullichin

Any advice on Legendary AR's?

Looking to purchase one from Crucible. Maybe vanguard if they have a better offering.

The Vendor For The People is good in PVP and PVE. It has more ammo than the game states, and has a 56 mag with field scout. Field scout is great for PVE and I take the stability upgrade for PVP. 20 damage per headshot but it shoots fast, same as Monte Carlo but actually more stable.

Dang nice work. Only about 20 Crucible matcjds left. I want the chance next too haha

Thanks!

Today was one of my "play alone and grind grind grind" days to get all the glimmer and mats I needed. Along with the XP.

I have all the mats and XP for my Warlock now too, just need the remaining shards.

9 shards/energy per character doing the raid seems realistic right? I need 27 total. Hrmmmmm

sjay1994

I have too many good handcannons

Hawkmoon, fatebringer maxed out....

and now I have a DYD with stats that sound good on paper.

increased reload speed and free ammo for kills and explosive rounds.....

I don't know which to use....

also want to level up the eidon alloy

The decisions are nuts.

gdt

I have no reason to stay up for double Eris bounties, I'll hit rank by the rest anyway.

Can't believe I'm still up now actually -_-

What about RoF/Handling?

Just looking to see what people have actually been enjoying.

I think it's For the People and Up For Anything? The one at the crucible vendor has a glitch where the ammo perk gives you way more ammo than intended. They both have huge stability upgrades.

I want both but always spend my marks on something else as I bored myself of ARs early on. I'm a Scout Rifle guy now. Best thing to do is YouTube search the particular weapon.

sjay1994

Man, I'm definitely staying up to do double Eris bounties the next couple days. Only thing standing in between me and 32.

I hope Xur is selling Obsidian Mind this week.

I refuse to buy a warlock helment, even though I have 3 pieces of raid gear.

The exotic helmets for warlock look lame, I don't like the raid chest piece from CE

and the raid helmet for warlock looks so cool....

its all I want from the raid

Well crap. I got sucky perk rolls on my raid chest piece.

Extra Auto Rifle and Shotgun ammo. :/ Maybe I won't invest the shards...

I refuse to buy a warlock helment, even though I have 3 pieces of raid gear.

The exotic helmets for warlock look lame, I don't like the raid chest piece from CE

and the raid helmet for warlock looks so cool....

its all I want from the raid

I've already had a Light Beyond Nemesis, and it's already upgrade, so I"ll use that for the time being, but I agree. I was really hoping for a Helmet from Crota today, but I didn't get it.

Thanks!

Today was one of my "play alone and grind grind grind" days to get all the glimmer and mats I needed. Along with the XP.

I have all the mats and XP for my Warlock now too, just need the remaining shards.

9 shards/energy per character doing the raid seems realistic right? I need 27 total. Hrmmmmm

If you get both chests with each character and assuming the first chest doesn't give you an exotic haha that should be 10 each of your shard everything.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I think it's For the People and Up For Anything? The one at the crucible vendor has a glitch where the ammo perk gives you way more ammo than intended. They both have huge stability upgrades.

I want both but always spend my marks on something else as I bored myself of ARs early on. I'm a Scout Rifle guy now. Best thing to do is YouTube search the particular weapon.

Gotcha. My "Another NITC" is badass, rolled firefly. Headshot splosions for days.
Before hopping over to the One, I was a Handcannon guy on the PS4. Miss my Devil you Know.

Never really toyed with AR's, looking to have a bit of fun with them.

Got Red Death and Bad Juju, so Pulse Rifles are covered.

coy

The Vendor For The People is good in PVP and PVE. It has more ammo than the game states, and has a 56 mag with field scout. Field scout is great for PVE and I take the stability upgrade for PVP. 20 damage per headshot but it shoots fast, same as Monte Carlo but actually more stable.

This is the AR I went with under Rubenov's advice and it is superb. It has great options to cater to your preferences (I roll Field Scout for PvE and Perfect Balance for PvP as well) and handles excellently. I wish there was more impact, but I get that Bungie is going more of a Shingen route than a Galahad one (my AR preference). Still a solid choice and good use of Crucible marks.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I'm doing bounties, but if anybody needs one for hard mode VoG from Templar, invite me. I need that Fatebringer! PSN Tokunbo. I also have the Templar checkpoint.

sjay1994

some one give me advice.

Should I work on upgrading Eidolon Ally or this DYD I got as a gift?

The DYD sounds good on paper. It doesn't have field scout, but it has perks that give me ammo and increased reload speed for just killing things, and explosive rounds.

But I also want to get necrochasm, because cursed thrall explosions for precission kills sounds super cool.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

What's the best way to farm Black Was Idols? I'm going to need a lot...

Either keep killing the 3 majors at the start of earth patrol or keep on WAKING THE HIVE

I hear the Sword of Crota mission on heroic and you keep wiping at the spot when you go down the hall in the beginning after you kill everything. Right before the room with the 3 waves that you do for Phogoth.

Wake the hive on a higher level so there are majors and ultras.

I have 68 left and have to exchange about 30ish next week depending on what I get to get my last character to 32. Was worried I would have to as well

Wake the hive on a higher level so there are majors and ultras.

I have 68 left and have to exchange about 30ish next week depending on what I get to get my last character to 32. Was worried I would have to as well

Are there more than 4 (3 acolyte and 1 knigbt) if you go higher than level 9 heroic?

Gotcha. My "Another NITC" is badass, rolled firefly. Headshot splosions for days.
Before hopping over to the One, I was a Handcannon guy on the PS4. Miss my Devil you Know.

Never really toyed with AR's, looking to have a bit of fun with them.

Got Red Death and Bad Juju, so Pulse Rifles are covered.

Mine too, plus explosive rounds, things awesome but I have the last round in the chamber and its bugged because it thinks there's 20 rounds but there's only 19

Does the double bounty thing work if I just grab the bounties before I log out of the character, or do I have to finish them, and grab the second batch before logging off?

didn't have a single newschool void heavy, this thing will be the spiritual successor to my beloved corrective measure. woooooo

I got the same one with Field Scout. It's almost the same stats as Corrective Measure. Only difference is it doesn't have the "expect to find more ammo.." perk

KeRaSh

Ugh, I need an Exotic helmet to hit 32, but I only have Light Beyond Nemesis.

For Voidwalkers there are definitely alternatives, but what else is there for Sunbros? I'd rather have almost useless neutral perks than perks that only affect the other subclass.

According to data mining there's an exotic helmet called The Ram (?) which disorients enemies around you when you use radiance. This sound really great since I'm a big fan of the Titan helmet Saint-14. I'll definitely hunt this gem down once it's available.

For Voidwalkers there are definitely alternatives, but what else is there for Sunbros? I'd rather have almost useless neutral perks than perks that only affect the other subclass.

According to data mining there's an exotic helmet called The Ram (?) which disorients enemies around you when you use radiance. This sound really great since I'm a big fan of the Titan helmet Saint-14. I'll definitely hunt this gem down once it's available.

Yeah, it sounds awesome, but until then, Sunbro's don't have a helmet specifically for them. Meanwhile, there's two that can be used for both, and two specifically for Voidwalkers.

joecanada

Mine too, plus explosive rounds, things awesome but I have the last round in the chamber and its bugged because it thinks there's 20 rounds but there's only 19

Explosive rounds suck at least on sr, because it takes away from critical dmg, and misinterprets headshots as normal + a bit extra half the time...

Got an Arc Legendary Sniper rifle as a gift. The same arc sniper rifle I already had in my inventory. Just the cherry on top of what was already a frustrating afternoon/evening

Rixa

I got Apotheosis Vail & Skull of Dire Ahamkara. Sadly they both suck as Sunbro and I used them only to get my chars (got 2 Sunbros) as high light level as possible. Stopped using when I got CE Raid helmet (another one uses VanGuard helmet :p). One has HotPF and other has SP exotic chests.

As usual Sunbros are suffering for the armors :(.

joecanada

Does the double bounty thing work if I just grab the bounties before I log out of the character, or do I have to finish them, and grab the second batch before logging off?

I'm pretty sure it's worked for me if I'm strapped for time to finish first round of bounties, grab second and then retire and do them the next day... ? you definitely have to finish first ones

Great read and on point. A couple of highlights I find noteworthy.

In September, I said that Destiny was so brazenly exploitative that it was only natural that players would take every opportunity to exploit it right back. That remains the case.
The more I play, the more it seems like the studio's determination to shut down players' unsanctioned fun is misguided. It also feels oddly insecure, like Bungie isn't confident that their game is fun enough on its own, that they worry that if players are able to play it "wrong," to exploit loopholes to get better gear, that they'll eventually max out their inventory and quit altogether.

It's a tough problem to tackle where the slow drip of loot is a major end-game factor. People will naturally commit to activities that they feel maximize their efficiency and the whole host of simple to exotic cheese methods is a means to that end. Like the article states, you can't "Patch the player". Any cheese that is fixed will lead to another. Everyone played it "The way it's meant to be done", probably dozen's of times. Now they just want the loot so who cares how it's done.

joecanada

Great read and on point. A couple of highlights I find noteworthy.

It's a tough problem to tackle where the slow drip of loot is a major end-game factor. People will naturally commit to activities that they feel maximize their efficiency and the whole host of simple to exotic cheese methods is a means to that end. Like the article states, you can't "Patch the player". Any cheese that is fixed will lead to another. Everyone played it "The way it's meant to be done", probably dozen's of times. Now they just want the loot so who cares how it's done.

Ya they do loot badly in this game. No trading and indeed a veritable trickle of loot... Today they gave out gifts, but of course their supposed random Rng gave me yet another duplicate scout rifle, but of course with worse perks than my current one.
I know random is supposed to be random but I continually only get crucible gear and duplicates, seems highly suspect

Ya they do loot badly in this game. No trading and indeed a veritable trickle of loot... Today they gave out gifts, but of course their supposed random Rng gave me yet another duplicate scout rifle, but of course with worse perks than my current one.
I know random is supposed to be random but I continually only get crucible gear and duplicates, seems highly suspect

*Tin Foil Hat*, The games RNG will select a set of weapons that you are unlikely to get in order to keep that carrot-on-a-stick for each player. Everyone has a different set of weapons forever out of reach.

KeRaSh

I got Apotheosis Vail & Skull of Dire Ahamkara. Sadly they both suck as Sunbro and I used them only to get my chars (got 2 Sunbros) as high light level as possible. Stopped using when I got CE Raid helmet (another one uses VanGuard helmet :p). One has HotPF and other has SP exotic chests.

As usual Sunbros are suffering for the armors :(.

I finally got the raid helmet for my main Warlock. Now I'm switching back and forth between the Claws and Sunbreakers.
My second Warlock is rocking the LBN helmet since I don't have a second raid helmet.
My third Warlock has Starfire Protocol since he doesn't have Gift of the Sun unlocked, yet so it works out but I need another raid helmet to get him to 32.

I don't have enough shards to get a second character to 32, yet so there's no rush. At least the gear distribution is settled between all three characters.

Top Bottom