• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
c'mon - skill has nothing to do with that. ever played GTA Online? if friendly fire was a thing in Destiny, you'd constantly get whacked on patrol spawn points...

Yeah thats what I meant by people being scumbags. The forced 'social' aspects of this game can be irritating sometimes. The way some people behave really really makes me wish i could put a bullet in their face.

All I know is they need to start talking about hard mode and release it soon. This shit is so unbelievably boring and easy on normal that I play it alone since I hit 32 just to have at least some challenge.

It really is boring. The only thing I enjoy now is playing it with good people, which is thankfully more than enough to keep me coming back each week.

Yeah thats what I meant by people being scumbags. The forced 'social' aspects of this game can be irritating sometimes. The way some people behave really really makes me wish i could put a bullet in their face.

Another reason to be grateful for this community. I can't go "back into the wild" again, been spoiled by the good people here. You see it all over the reddit posts too, with so many people having bad experiences.

What is the daily today? Thanks!

That daily came from the moon.

This reference is going over my head.

I know this is old and maybe already answered, but I was gone from the thread since then.

During the alpha (and maybe beta, don't remember when it was removed), Dinklebot had a line during The Dark Within mission (yesterday's daily) where he said: "That wizard came from the moon!" in regards to the "boss" of that mission.

The line and delivery were so bad it became a mini-meme and even a t-shirt or two was made referencing it. They removed that line from the final game but decided to leave all the other terrible lines.

Can hunters jump into the rafter spot for the nightfall?

Not sure, never tried jumping there, but I can hop on if you just need help killing him.

Seep

I got my 8th Husk of the Pit last night woo. :/

Oh and thx Bungie for my 1 reward (I have 3 characters) a shitty pulse rifle (Lol) that I've had and sharded 3 times already.

EL CUCO

There needs to be a better way to grind crucible marks because getting 3 for a 10min match is painful (2 if you lose).

Maybe reward some extra for completing a bounty?

Skele7on

Banned
There needs to be a better way to grind crucible marks because getting 3 for a 10min match is painful (2 if you lose).

Maybe reward some extra for completing a bounty?

FULLY AGREE.

Also there should be ones that relate to medals and being MVP.

Maybe even ones that are determined on a % of score.

The difference between getting Vanguard vs. Crucible marks is absurd, especially since there's only one vendor that uses V marks... Crucible marks take a long longer than just the match length considering the long ass loading times between matches (which have been getting longer it seems).

Just have to play with Gaf teams so you (almost) never lose.

@iRawr: I would have just jumped into your fireteam for the daily but it was set to closed.

6 Strange coins from first Nightfall...

Better than ass! Or a terrible weapon that becomes ass. They really need to change the NF loot tables.

In defense of their terribleness, a lot of weeks the NF is easier than the weekly (or at least much shorter). This week they were virtually indistinguishable.

Jinjo

The difference between getting Vanguard vs. Crucible marks is absurd, especially since there's only one vendor that uses V marks... Crucible marks take a long longer than just the match length considering the long ass loading times between matches (which have been getting longer it seems).

Just have to play with Gaf teams so you (almost) never lose.

@iRawr: I would have just jumped into your fireteam for the daily but it was set to closed.

Yeah I really want to buy the 331 version of the New Monarchy AR or Scout Rifle. Or maybe crucible handcannon, but 150 marks takes fucking forever to get and I already rarely play PvP. They should have just one unified pool of
marks and commendations.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Another reason to be grateful for this community. I can't go "back into the wild" again, been spoiled by the good people here. You see it all over the reddit posts too, with so many people having bad experiences.

Very true. Literally everyone I've played with on GAF has been super cool and nice. The only time I ran into any jerks (aside from randoms) was when I used a certain matchmaking site that shall not be named.

blazeuk

It seems like such a shame that there's tons of armour and weapons in the game that becomes useless before you even get to try them out, they really should have an option to at least upgrade blue items into legendary items.

Roc strikes needs to add a bit more variety too, about 80% of all strikes I'm being put into is either Omnigul or Flayers.

BokehKing

Banned
Observation... I need to do a lot more crucible with my Titan this weekend he is only at level 1.5

I got junk rewards for hitting level 5 crucible and 7 vanguard yesterday, I just want a scout rifle, damn these commendation and Mark caps

Just got Payback SOS AR from an engram.

It rolled Persistence, Glass Half Full and Perfect Balance. It is essentially a 331 Atheon Epilogue, minus the Void element.

Can't decide if I should dismantle now, or max it for morbid curiosity.

noomi

Well it's Thursday and Bungie is back from vacation so I would expect we should be getting a pretty hefty weekly update today/tomorrow since there was non last week.

Bungie pls.

RickD

I wonder how many people actually use Pulse rifles? The only one i use is Bad JuJu as it has decent perks, but it still takes an age to kill things and It gets vaulted when its strike/raid time.

I got a Coiled Hiss from the "Gift" so a little bah humbug about it.... at least it gave me shards.
Should have been a buy any vendor item token..

noomi

Ugh.... can Bungie please sell the hawkmoon through Xur on the PS4 already.

PS4 exclusive content that I can't even access, have the rely on RNG.... such shit :/

It really is boring. The only thing I enjoy now is playing it with good people, which is thankfully more than enough to keep me coming back each week.

I agree with what you're saying. Pretty sure I mention it in previous threads, the great community of DestinyGaf is the only reason I continue to play this game. This community is great and I am happy to be able to contribute to it :)

edit: @drizzay really? must have forgotten to set it to friends only after I closed it last night.

Jinjo

Ugh.... can Bungie please sell the hawkmoon through Xur on the PS4 already.

PS4 exclusive content that I can't even access, have the rely on RNG.... such shit :/

It's a bit ridiculous that they don't even have the capability in them to allow for this. Even when upgrading it's a completely seperate item in the stock table. Having exclusive weapons is completely useless if majority of the player base can't access them. Not too mention the completely useless exclusive rare gear. That shit looks cool as fuck but nobody wears it.

Feorax

There is another safe spot for that strike and u can solo it with any class , i am starting it now with my hunter if anyone wants to join , doing weekly btw, psn nuszka

Yeah, there are a couple of good spots there.

Me and Mr Anderson figured it out though. If you get rid of most of the enemies in the room, you can use double jump to get onto the support pillar, and then you should have enough time to switch to blink to get enough height and warp onto the light.

noomi

It's a bit ridiculous that they don't even have the capability in them to allow for this. Even when upgrading it's a completely seperate item in the stock table. Having exclusive weapons is completely useless if majority of the player base can't access them. Not too mention the completely useless exclusive rare gear. That shit looks cool as fuck but nobody wears it.

I was curious about this... two weeks ago when Xur was selling the hawkmoon upgrade how did it show up on the xbox, it was a completely different item?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Only one legendary weapon. Mine is so going to be sharded (solar Plug One.1)
Ah Plug One.1. My One.1 true love. It's basically a Sniper Rifle with Rangefinder. And yours has better reload on any kill while mine just has on melee kill. But since I'm always nailing headshots one way or another with Hunter I don't mind too much.
I wonder how many people actually use Pulse rifles? The only one i use is Bad JuJu as it has decent perks, but it still takes an age to kill things and It gets vaulted when its strike/raid time.
I got a Coiled Hiss from the "Gift" so a little bah humbug about it.... at least it gave me shards.
Should have been a buy any vendor item token..
I got a badass Pulse Rifle from a Nightfall and it's my go-to Hunter weapon. Coiled Hiss 1919 with "Precision kills increase reload speed", Perfect Stability and "More damage after reload after a kill". Once that thing takes gets its first kill it's off to Chain of Woe and then it's doing 33% more damage per bullet for almost the rest of the clip. It's especially amazing since because of it's all full auto RoF, I can make it do the job of either a Scout Rifle or Assault Rifle. I've actually take all my other rifles from my Hunter and made her exclusively a Hand Cannon and Pulse Rifle character. I hope you didn't shard a good one...
It rolled Persistence, Glass Half Full and Perfect Balance. It is essentially a 331 Atheon Epilogue, minus the Void element.
Max it, give it to an alt.

amar212

Immidiatesmantle. It is truly a crap weapon.

The Iron Banner version is decent, but Payback SOS is utter crap IMO

I had 3 until now, did a masochistic upgrade of the first, dismantled all of them after.

Top Bottom