• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

JoeTonic

Neo Member
Better than ass! Or a terrible weapon that becomes ass. They really need to change the NF loot tables.

In defense of their terribleness, a lot of weeks the NF is easier than the weekly (or at least much shorter). This week they were virtually indistinguishable.

I got a legendary engram that decrypted into 2 Ascendant Shards from this week's Nightfall.
Legendary engrams should NEVER decrypt to materials. It's such a massive let-down. Just give me a legendary weapon at least. If I don't like or if I really need shards I'll dismantle it, but at least let me have the choice. 2 energy from a legendary engram is such a 'fuck this game' moment.

Xur is going to sell TLW because I got it this week as RNG drop. He has done this with practically every exotic weapon I got in a drop. On a bright side, thats +100 free heavy synthesis if he sells them.

Deku Tree

I know this is old and maybe already answered, but I was gone from the thread since then.

During the alpha (and maybe beta, don't remember when it was removed), Dinklebot had a line during The Dark Within mission (yesterday's daily) where he said: "That wizard came from the moon!" in regards to the "boss" of that mission.

The line and delivery were so bad it became a mini-meme and even a t-shirt or two was made referencing it. They removed that line from the final game but decided to leave all the other terrible lines.

I remeber that but I had forgotten about it. Lolz. Haha.

Bogeypop

video won't load at all on my iPad. Took me less than 15s, random with Gjallarhorn was involved though.

http://youtu.be/_lv_YbIF-is

Actually I just tried it now and you have to move the track bar for the video slightly so it'll show the correct video, but nonetheless you need the Twitch App I think on iOS.

Even if you have a second person around it still counts as a solo kill since they usually only hurt his shields; at least there's how I justify it.
ASjVRsg.png

Deku Tree

Level 32s!

That is 2 out of 3 character classes that are at Level 32 now. I've been really lucky with armour rolls, my Titan has everything at 65-75% (like to keep him well rounded) and my Hunter has 80% Intellect, 87% Discipline and 28% Strength. I have a lot of exotic armour that can change it up as well, but the defaults I have now are perfect for my play style.

9ff5re.jpg

8a0mqR.jpg

For my Warlock he is at 88% Intellect, 24% Discipline and 76% Strength. Hoping for some better rolled armour from the raid for him, the full strength chest piece is killing me. Would like to have more discipline.

aeN7Te.jpg

I had 34 Radiant Energy and 2 Radiant Shards left, so with the Eris exchange I am at 36 total. So I need a mix of 27 shards and energy from next weeks reset runs on Crota's End to get him to 32. I hope I can get them as next week will likely be the last week before the hard mode of Crota's End goes live (rumour is Tuesday January 20th). That would be 9 for each character, which seems realistic.

Also levelled up the Saterienne Rapier all the way today too! It is my favourite 331 Scout Rifle, I need to get The Calling next from Future War Cult.

E6pn66.jpg

Hard Mode Crota's End here I come!

Congrats Cosmos! You look ready for HM!!

Midas

I think the rapier is really weak. The firefly seems to be related to the weapons impact, so the Fatebringer blow up more things. :(

jbortz78

Hah awesome I was excepting a fusion rifle in the mail when I logged on, but instead I got Up for anything (which I almost bought the other day...), and finally got Hawkmoon:)

Now I need myself some new heavy weapons...

Jinjo

I was curious about this... two weeks ago when Xur was selling the hawkmoon upgrade how did it show up on the xbox, it was a completely different item?

I think it just wasn't there, as it was a completely seperate and extra entry next to the 6 regular offered weapon upgrades.

Can you guys imagine a world first team figuring out how to cheese the raid on their first attempt. Stuff like the enemies despawning on the bridge is probably easily discovered. How awesome would it be if a team got world first just by figuring out how to break/exploit the encounter instead of completing it legit. The salt among Primeguard and co would be of epic proportions lol.

Maybe we can do this for Hard Crota or House of Wolves lol. Crota especially seems so poorly tested when it comes to exploits.

On another note, I hope the raid primaries aren't Crota drops only, that would make the rest of the raid completely useless.

Jinjo

Well, we still need the radiant stuff to upgrade them though.

I have enough energy to upgrade two weapons still, which is about what I do in a week's time (and hell, it's the max what the goddamn RNG usually gives you too). So it's easier to run it on normal over and over again. And especially since then most people don't need the shards anymore + are Eris rank 4.

LiK

Tried farming for black wax last night. Got 4 after 30 minutes. I kept getting Silken Codex instead. I swear Bungie altered the drop rates after TDB was released. Annoying.

bosseye

With marks + VG gear you can get to 31 level, you don't need exotic at all.

Say whaaaaat.

How? Have I missed something like a big n00b?

I've got fully levelled +33 light Gauntlets, chest and boots - my old exotic helm is stuck at light +30 fully maxed, so until thats light +36 I can't get higher can I? What else can I get to get my light level up to 31?

I'm currently lvl 30 and three quarters ish. Not far off 31.

Midas

I think it just wasn't there, as it was a completely seperate and extra entry next to the 6 regular offered weapon upgrades.

Can you guys imagine a world first team figuring out how to cheese the raid on their first attempt. Stuff like the enemies despawning on the bridge is probably easily discovered. How awesome would it be if a team got world first just by figuring out how to break/exploit the encounter instead of completing it legit. The salt among Primeguard and co would be of epic proportions lol.

Maybe we can do this for Hard Crota or House of Wolves lol. Crota especially seems so poorly tested when it comes to exploits.

On another note, I hope the raid primaries aren't Crota drops only, that would make the rest of the raid completely useless.

Double loot isn't useless? :)

LiK

Say whaaaaat.

I've got fully levelled +33 light Gauntlets, chest and boots - my old exotic helm is stuck at light +30 fully maxed, so until thats light +36 I can't get higher can I? What else can I get to get my light level up to 31?

All Vanguard gear fully upgraded will you get you to 31. Or you can have one maxed exotic armor too.

Got the Badger as my Bungie gift yesterday. Don't like it as much as The Calling, but I have little to choose from right now as it is.

Cosmos...where the hell are you getting that gorgeous Warlock armor from? CE drops I'm guessing?

HAL-x9000

Say whaaaaat.

You forgot 33 vendor helmets.

Rixa

Say whaaaaat.

All Vanguard gear fully upgraded will you get you to 31. Or you can have one maxed exotic armor too.

I had maxed: 1 exotic, 1 VoG raid chest, 2 VG stuff and I was at 31lvl.
36+33+30+33. All the VG stuff which is sold by marks (and most of drops, there are some reports that newly acquired legendary engrams turn to max 27 light gear) have now light max at 33.

So go play Roc playlist and get shitton blue engrams & VG reputation + marks (caps are still 100/200).

- Raise Craptarch level to get packet (first one at level 3)
- Raise VG level to get packet (first one at level 3)
- Buy VG stuff by marks
- Buy that VG helmet for 120 marks

bosseye

Ha! Whoops, so I did. Of course, if I got a Vanguard Helm and levelled it, I could get to 31.

I haven't (and won't) bothered though, what would be the point when I'm looking to imminently replace it with an exotic helm. Waste of my precious grind time, same reason I'm not bothering to fully upgrade my old 300 dmg cap exotics.

Not much of a shotgun guy, but it looks like RNG wants me to be one. Is there anything special about the raid shotgun (other than it taking up the whole bottom half of the screen)?

Also, my package had a Vanguard shotty, The Secret Handshake, but I didn't get the OP vendor perks, I got Who's Next and Spray and Play. Two reloading perks. Is this thing worth the vault space without the grouping perk?

Rixa

Ha! Whoops, so I did. Of course, if I got a Vanguard Helm and levelled it, I could get to 31.

I haven't (and won't) bothered though, what would be the point when I'm looking to imminently replace it with an exotic helm. Waste of my precious grind time, same reason I'm not bothering to fully upgrade my old 300 dmg cap exotics.

Well my comment was to that "Iam stuck to level 30".
No you are not, its the 31 level

What's the consensus on what would be best for the hard raid?

A defender Titan with Helm of Saint 14.

A sunbro with Claws/Starfire/Skull/Veil?

The Titan is my main but I can't decide who would be better to get to 32 first.

Hunter is already 32.

Top Bottom