• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Congrats Cosmos! You look ready for HM!!

Thanks!

I think the rapier is really weak. The firefly seems to be related to the weapons impact, so the Fatebringer blow up more things. :(

Blasphemy! I blow up crowds real good.

Got the Badger as my Bungie gift yesterday. Don't like it as much as The Calling, but I have little to choose from right now as it is.

Cosmos...where the hell are you getting that gorgeous Warlock armor from? CE drops I'm guessing?

All Crotas End raid armour except the helmet which is Obsidian Mind, an exotic.

LiK

What's the consensus on what would be best for the hard raid?

A defender Titan with Helm of Saint 14.

A sunbro with Claws/Starfire/Skull/Veil?

The Titan is my main but I can't decide who would be better to get to 32 first.

Hunter is already 32.

I would say Titan. Bubbles are the best for raids, period.

LiK

If it`s just shards I'd argue it is. People wouldn't be running full VoG anymore either if Templar didn't have that fatebringer drop.

Yea. People still want that and Vex.

Also, why are you guys all hyping the Rapier? Why is it good?

Ha! Whoops, so I did. Of course, if I got a Vanguard Helm and levelled it, I could get to 31.

I haven't (and won't) bothered though, what would be the point when I'm looking to imminently replace it with an exotic helm. Waste of my precious grind time, same reason I'm not bothering to fully upgrade my old 300 dmg cap exotics.

I'd totally level up the armor drops just for a change in how my toon looks. The only problem is that for both of my alts class mats are highly valuable. I have more than enough ass shards. I don't think Bungie realizes how limiting the current system is.

bosseye

Well my comment was to that "Iam stuck to level 30". No you are not, its the 31 level

Yes I know. I forgot about VG helmets like a plonker.

I'd totally level up the armor drops just for a change in how my toon looks. The only problem is that for both of my alts class mats are highly valuable. I have more than enough ass shards. I don't think Bungie realizes how limiting the current system is.

As you allude to, I just don't have the materials to make it worthwhile. I've only got 9 ass shards. Don't want to use them levelling armour I'll only dismantle soon enough when an exotic helmet pops up at Xur. I never have enough shards as it is.

ocean

Banned
C'mon, someone explain to me why Rapier from vendor is good.
Outlaw+Firefly, like Fatebringer. AOE damage on precision kills is amazing for large groups of enemies - you can take out multiple Thralls with a bullet or two. Outlaw means fast reload, also great when you're swarmed by enemies. It's my favorite perk combo ever since I started using God-tier FB.

SAiLO

Level 32s!

That is 2 out of 3 character classes that are at Level 32 now. I've been really lucky with armour rolls, my Titan has everything at 65-75% (like to keep him well rounded) and my Hunter has 80% Intellect, 87% Discipline and 28% Strength. I have a lot of exotic armour that can change it up as well, but the defaults I have now are perfect for my play style.

9ff5re.jpg

8a0mqR.jpg

For my Warlock he is at 88% Intellect, 24% Discipline and 76% Strength. Hoping for some better rolled armour from the raid for him, the full strength chest piece is killing me. Would like to have more discipline.

aeN7Te.jpg

I had 34 Radiant Energy and 2 Radiant Shards left, so with the Eris exchange I am at 36 total. So I need a mix of 27 shards and energy from next weeks reset runs on Crota's End to get him to 32. I hope I can get them as next week will likely be the last week before the hard mode of Crota's End goes live (rumour is Tuesday January 20th). That would be 9 for each character, which seems realistic.

Also levelled up the Saterienne Rapier all the way today too! It is my favourite 331 Scout Rifle, I need to get The Calling next from Future War Cult.

E6pn66.jpg

Hard Mode Crota's End here I come!

Nice work, congrats! Yet to hit lvl32...

LiK

Outlaw+Firefly, like Fatebringer. AOE damage on precision kills is amazing for large groups of enemies - you can take out multiple Thralls with a bullet or two. Outlaw means fast reload, also great when you're swarmed by enemies. It's my favorite perk combo ever since I started using God-tier FB.

No autofire like with VoC right? The perks seem pretty useful for CE tho.

What's the consensus on what would be best for the hard raid?

A defender Titan with Helm of Saint 14.

A sunbro with Claws/Starfire/Skull/Veil?

The Titan is my main but I can't decide who would be better to get to 32 first.

Hunter is already 32.

Go Titan, without a doubt. Defender is the best overall raid subclass by a country mile, especially with Saint helm.

LiK

Outlaw + Firefly

We still doing Weekly later?

I think I have one more character that needs to do it. Need to double check who hasn't done it yet when I get home.

Wanna do PVP afterwards? That's all I wanna play. Lag last night was awful and my team was struggling.

Namikaze1

I think I have one more character that needs to do it. Need to double check who hasn't done it yet when I get home.

Wanna do PVP afterwards? That's all I wanna play. Lag last night was awful and my team was struggling.
Sure. Gonna need the marks anyway for future stuf.

No autofire like with VoC right? The perks seem pretty useful for CE tho.

No auto fire. No one seemed to have ever rollee a Scout Rifle with it pre expansion and post expansion.

So it may have been a VoC specific perk.

Was waiting to see if anyone got a full auto Scout Rifle yesterday with all the gift rolls but nadda.

Midas

If it`s just shards I'd argue it is. People wouldn't be running full VoG anymore either if Templar didn't have that fatebringer drop.

Well. I still need lots to try different armor to find a setup I like. Since they seem to give different rolls, at least gauntlets and the chest armor. :)

E92 M3

Do you guys think Bungie randomizes the vendor weapons and we got lucky with the sniper and scout, or was it intentional?

LiK

Do you guys think Bungie randomizes the vendor weapons and we got lucky with the sniper and scout, or was it intentional?

I think they gave them better perks so people would actually buy/use vendor weapons. Seems to be working.

Gunsmith is still useless. Just rename him Ammosmith.

Rixa

Which one does more damage.
Vendor Saterienne Rapier or VoG Fatebringer?
Iam reading Reddit thread about SR and wondering should I grind Control for marks or not.
Also which Faction sells SR. I do have one Crucible mark so thats not a problem, but reputation might be problem (FCW is only reputation thats rank 3, others are at 0).

Steroyd

It's got to be on purpose, a sniper with unflinching and ambush scope has got to be a call out to encourage more sniper usage, ontop of nerfing Auto Rifles with high rate of fire with low impact.

Top Bottom