• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

E92 M3

I think they gave them better perks so people would actually buy/use vendor weapons. Seems to be working.

Gunsmith is still useless. Just rename him Ammosmith.

Ammosmith-blue fusion supplier

It's got to be on purpose, a sniper with unflinching and ambush scope has got to be a call out to encourage more sniper usage, ontop of nerfing Auto Rifles with high rate of fire with low impact.

That is true, but I've just been trained by Bungie that great weapons always come with a "catch" lol. The Rapier is a great weapon that is accessible to all.

boofa

Neo Member
I am calling shenanigans on the CE weighted loot table that is supposed to see the things you've gotten in the past and drop the ones you haven't more often. I've cleared Crota 3 times a week since release except for the first week when my team only cleared once. I still haven't gotten a helmet for my Warlock or Hunter, no chest for my hunter (multiple boots/gauntlets), 6 swordbreakers, 3 black hammer, 2 HoC, 1 of the ships, 0 HMG, 0 fusion rifles.

That combined with the only exotic weapons I've gotten that weren't from bounties in the last month were Red Death and Universal Remote have really soured me on this game. The straw that broke the camels back was in the 3 Crota kills my team 4-manned last night, the only guy in the group with ghorn and icebreaker got another of each in back-to-back runs. I might get on to do CE and nightfall each week, but RNG in this game has beaten me down far too often for me to continue taking the abuse. I hope I don't have to basically start over again come House of Wolves :(

Am_I_Evil

so bad start to nightfall rewards this week but ended with a bang...

1st - Hunter: 11 Shards
2nd - Titan: Some completely unnecessary purple Solar Sniper Rifle
3rd - Warlock: Obsidian Mind (YAY!)

purg3

slept with Malkin
I have the Rapier ready to be maxed, but something about it isn't doing it for me...

Really? I spent all day grinding crucible yesterday so I could buy this on Tuesday lol. :(

Also, Thorn is an absolute beast in crucible. I'll admit, I'm not the best at Crucible, but once I switched to an upgraded Thorn yesterday, I was wrecking shit. Had some of my best games ever and was more consistent with K/D and winning matches for my team. Feels good to out snipe a sniper from across a map with a hand cannon.

So yesterday I had a very Destiny type of day and need to vent...

Bungie Gift: Another NitC, which is the scout rifle I've been using for a month or so and have fully upgraded already. The gift version has shittier buffs too.

Daily Heroic: 2 Ascendant Energy when I really just wanted an ascendant shard. (Got one in a public event anyway)

Nightfall: 6 Strange Coins. Really? Six? You get nine for doing the level 30 strike without the Nightfall modifier. To top things off, my buddy got the Gjallarhorn. Ugh.

I feel better now.
I don't.

LiK

Really? I spent all day grinding crucible yesterday so I could buy this on Tuesday lol. :(

Also, Thorn is an absolute beast in crucible. I'll admit, I'm not the best at Crucible, but once I switched to an upgraded Thorn yesterday, I was wrecking shit. Had some of my best games ever and was more consistent with K/D and winning matches for my team. Feels good to out snipe a sniper from across a map with a hand cannon.

I need to play with Thorn some more. Still not working the best for me. I'm still not used to the ADS for HCs. I miss too many headshots. Totally fucks me up.

Midas

Which one does more damage.
Vendor Saterienne Rapier or VoG Fatebringer?
Iam reading Reddit thread about SR and wondering should I grind Control for marks or not.
Also which Faction sells SR. I do have one Crucible mark so thats not a problem, but reputation might be problem (FCW is only reputation thats rank 3, others are at 0).

Fatebringer do more damage. I think it's because it's a hand cannon.

I need to play with Thorn some more. Still not working the best for me. I'm still not used to the ADS for HCs. I miss too many headshots. Totally fucks me up.

My problem is I take too much time to aim... Compared to the last word where I would normally just get in thier faces and move on, I feel this is a lot slower.

Ah well. I guess practice is what I need...

E92 M3

I think I've narrowed it down to the clip size and the fact that the scope is a little red dot that's hard to see for me sometimes.

Nuszka

So yesterday I had a very Destiny type of day and need to vent...

Bungie Gift: Another NitC, which is the scout rifle I've been using for a month or so and have fully upgraded already.

Daily Heroic: 2 Ascendant Energy when I really just wanted an ascendant shard. (Got one in a public event anyway)

Nightfall: 6 Strange Coins. Really? Six? You get nine for doing the level 30 strike without the Nightfall modifier. To top things off, my buddy got the Gjallahorn. Ugh.

I feel better now.
I don't.

Know what you mean. Destiny creates this love and dissapointment relationship (hate would be to strong) where i always look forward to the reset on tuesday, even if i did't get lucky the last time.

LiK

My problem is I take too much time to aim... Compared to the last word where I would normally just get in thier faces and move on, I feel this is a lot slower.

Yea, I really like autofire with TLW and the oomph. Thorn feels different but I think I'll try using it some more so I can get used to it. I tend to only use it when I'm frustrated with the enemy team. It's more of my troll weapon at this point with the DoT.

Jinjo

That's still the only one I've seen. For all I know, the "faction wars" events that take place at chokepoints are just an elaborate myth.

Wait really? Not even at skywatch of all places? That place spawns more faction wars than regular events. Someone said yesterday or a few days ago it always happens there at dawn (ingame time).

westtrade

Neo Member
A good day in Destiny:

Got a Void Plug One from the holiday gift.
Got the Vanquisher VIII from New Monarchy.
And after 705 hours, I got my 1st Gjallerhorn from the VOG chest.

ballerhorn_zps5e5ffb72.jpg

87175-ice-cube-good-day-gif-Imgur-tjvs.gif

Know what you mean. Destiny creates this love and dissapointment relationship (hate would be to strong) where i always look forward to the reset on tuesday, even if i did't get lucky the last time.

Yep, I totally agree. There are times where I sink 3-4 hours into the game in a day and come up short of everything I wanted to get, but the gameplay is so fun I always come back for more.

I was running the Urn quest for Eris/Xur over the weekend with a friend and we saw that absurd battle that comes up in Skywatch for the first time when we were trying to kill Urzok and the two of us were just cracking up at how chaotic it was getting for a Cosmodrome event. Every now and then, the game does just enough like this to surprise you and make you want to find the next ridiculous thing with your friends.

Yea, I really like autofire with TLW and the oomph. Thorn feels different but I think I'll try using it some more so I can get used to it. I tend to only use it when I'm frustrated with the enemy team. It's more of my troll weapon at this point with the DoT.

I can certainly understand that sentiment. I find its the most irritating weapon to go up against. Even more maddening when it is a skilled user.

Nah they're real. I've seen it happen a dozen times. Makes the Killing Majors or Ultras bounty a cinch.

Ugh, it made Urzok a pain in the ass...

PuMa

I have not due to the stat hit. I remember seeing a lot of red bars lol.

I would give it a try at least. It's the only scope I use for scouts and makes a huge difference to the feel of the gun IMO. A scout rifle with Firefly is really something else. Rapier has replace my Gheleon's Demise, which I was a big fan of.

Edit: Plus the stat hit doesn't feel as big as it looks. I didnt try it at first due to the same reasons, but when I finally did, I was "WHOA".

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nah they're real. I've seen it happen a dozen times. Makes the Killing Majors or Ultras bounty a cinch.
Wait really? Not even at skywatch of all places? That place spawns more faction wars than regular events. Someone said yesterday or a few days ago it always happens there at dawn (ingame time).
I know they're real, because you're all trustworthy, scholarly souls who would never lie to me.

But really, I've never seen a single one, not skywatch not anywhere. It's just luck of the draw, I'm not gonna do anything I don't otherwise want to do (like sit in one spot waiting for the in-game day cycle to progress :p).

I know they're real, because you're all trustworthy, scholarly souls who would never lie to me.

But really, I've never seen a single one, not skywatch not anywhere. It's just luck of the draw, I'm not gonna do anything I don't otherwise want to do (like sit in one spot waiting for the in-game day cycle to progress :p).

Did you spend much time at the old loot cave?

Bogeypop

Yeah, that and the Pike event are too random and short to sit in one spot for hours on end for them to appear. Just have to be at the right place and the right time.

A good day in Destiny:

Welcome to the Ghorn club!

Better be ready to spend a lot of glimmer and coins on heavy ammo packs!

Anyone need to kill Xyor the Unwed for final Thorn bounty? I am on the second drop ship at the end. That fucker should be rolling out soon. Room for two.

E92 M3

A good day in Destiny:

Congrats, hopefully Xur has the upgrade again if you're lucky.

I would give it a try at least. It's the only scope I use for scouts and makes a huge difference to the feel of the gun IMO. A scout rifle with Firefly is really something else. Rapier has replace my Gheleon's Demise, which I was a big fan of.

Edit: Plus the stat hit doesn't feel as big as it looks. I didnt try it at first due to the same reasons, but when I finally did, I was "WHOA".

Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try. The red dot has been bugging me a lot, so I am excited to give it a shot.

--

Random question: I am planning on getting a new phone today and was wondering how good the Destiny app is. What can you do on there?

Congrats, hopefully Xur has the upgrade again if you're lucky.

Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try. The red dot has been bugging me a lot, so I am excited to give it a shot.

--

Random question: I am planning on getting a new phone today and was wondering how good the Destiny app is. What can you do on there?

You can do most things like the website except the stats are far less detailed and you can't change clans etc

Week complete. Very unimpressive.

I'll just keep telling myself how awesome the titan raid arms are, because that's all I got. I'm also holding onto hope that Xur will sell something I actually want tomorrow.

Otherwise it might be time for a break :|

I am calling shenanigans on the CE weighted loot table that is supposed to see the things you've gotten in the past and drop the ones you haven't more often. I've cleared Crota 3 times a week since release except for the first week when my team only cleared once. I still haven't gotten a helmet for my Warlock or Hunter, no chest for my hunter (multiple boots/gauntlets), 6 swordbreakers, 3 black hammer, 2 HoC, 1 of the ships, 0 HMG, 0 fusion rifles.

That combined with the only exotic weapons I've gotten that weren't from bounties in the last month were Red Death and Universal Remote have really soured me on this game. The straw that broke the camels back was in the 3 Crota kills my team 4-manned last night, the only guy in the group with ghorn and icebreaker got another of each in back-to-back runs. I might get on to do CE and nightfall each week, but RNG in this game has beaten me down far too often for me to continue taking the abuse. I hope I don't have to basically start over again come House of Wolves :(

Afaik nobody said the CE loot system would drop things you didn't have more often. The only description I saw was that it would remember when your last "fun drop" was and make sure you didn't go too long without getting an armor or weapon. I don't think it accounts for duplicates at all so people can still get very unlucky but not nearly as much as VoG.

My advice is always to base as little of your enjoyment off of loot drops. You will still be able to do all the content in the game, although obviously it's frustrating when RNGsus forsakes you.

With max range perks selected, Thorn and HMoon have the same range since HM was mini-nerfed. They both favor the same longer distance, precise crit shot play style. Totally different than TLW but obviously all 3 of them can dominate in the right hands.

Homeboyd

That's what I use almost daily to talk in the relic runners group chat. You can do pretty much anything. Check stats, gear, view bounties, rep, tower vendors/items, talk in forums, groups/clan walls, etc...

I use it all the time.

Any xbox one uk guardians want to do a no cheese Crota raid one of the evenings? I've yet to do a legit run of it yet and want to prepare myself for hard mode.

That's what I use almost daily to talk in the relic runners group chat. You can do pretty much anything. Check stats, gear, view bounties, rep, tower vendors/items, talk in forums, groups/clan walls, etc...

I use it all the time.

It's invaulable for being able to check your rep progression and other things you have to go to the tower for.

Very useful if running 3 characters.

Top Bottom