• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

ocean

Banned
It's invaulable for being able to check your rep progression and other things you have to go to the tower for.

Very useful if running 3 characters.

destinystatus.com makes this a lot easier though because it's way faster.

I do use the app frequently to check whether something is in my Vault, or to check what vendors have on sale.

I know they're real, because you're all trustworthy, scholarly souls who would never lie to me.

But really, I've never seen a single one, not skywatch not anywhere. It's just luck of the draw, I'm not gonna do anything I don't otherwise want to do (like sit in one spot waiting for the in-game day cycle to progress :p).
Did you ever even loot cave? Happened all the time there. Can also happen at the start of the Nexus strike.

Bogeypop

Anyone wanna ROC out to the Vanguard Strikes?

Oh my god, RNGesus has brought me a Prophet... I wasn't even going to ask if anybody wanted to Roc Strike today after all the failed attempts yesterday...
y3rGV0p.png

LTWood12

Are the exotic bounties tied to Vanguard and Crucible? I turn in way more vanguard bounties than crucible, and I've seen Invective, Bad Juju, and Thorn numerous times. Never seen the SGA or Pocket Infinity bounties.

Bogeypop

You have to believe, Omnigul shall reward us after the nth time

Were you the guy who was with me when we started up a group of two and the PUG got a Hard Light after only a single Roc Strike? I'd rather not have that nightmare repeat itself, but I don't think we'll be getting a third anytime soon...
y3rGV0p.png

I posted on GAF! What's yer PSN name

sorry man, I didnt see you :(
ill be on again tonight. send me a fr so you can see me when I get on so you can have the ballerhorn cock tease like everyone else this week

got it hard core this week.

the outline of a rocket launcher showed up on the right side of my screen. for brief moment I was about as happy as I could have ever been

then....
then....

THEN........!

Truth

worst blue balls this game has ever given me.

but to answer your question.
psn robdraggoo

Where you the guy who was with me when we started up a group of two and the PUG got a Hard Light after only a single Roc Strike? I'd rather not have that nightmare repeat itself, but I don't think we'll be getting a third anytime soon...
y3rGV0p.png

Yep we need a third so that seeing others rewarded with exotics can be tolerated

purg3

slept with Malkin
ugh, just got a full auto Secret Handshake from an engram. Too bad it doesn't have shot package, would have been godlike for pvp.

I almost want a Black Hammer as much as Hawkmoon, looks like so much fun to use.

I'm not sure why but I have fully maxed out my BH with bounties (didn't get hive disruptor) but I don't like it that much. Or maybe I just suck with snipers. .

But I do love my Hawkmoon.

did sepiks prime bounty yesterday. I didnt move an inch, never stopped fireing, never reloaded he went down in 15 seconds. black hammer feels like cheating sometimes lol

I feel like I'm not using mine correctly. Are you letting bosses flinch then reset or just keep on shooting their crit while they are in the flinching animation still?

Personally I don't care about cheesing either way. I prefer legit, but I've done every encounter legit and cheesed a million times and people have limited time with 3 characters to run so whatever. The problem with cheesing is that lots of people never learn the encounters. I'm reminded of this every time I play with randos.

Chilling in the Tower with a buddy, he must have left his fireteam open cause 4 rando's joined us and started asking for help with Crota. That's cool, I like helping people. They want to carry a 29 buddy, no GHorns in the group: no problem. They ask about pulling LAN cables, I tell them we ain't doing that garbage (anything "outside the game" isn't cheese to me, something else entirely).

They seem cool enough and have a decent attitude but holy shit they are terrible. Inspecting load outs and it's un-upgraded across the board, even vanilla stuff with 254 attack. No biggie I can work with this. We spend 5 minutes explaining, then wipe a few times, then explain 5 minutes, then wipe a few times... It's clear they don't know wtf to do. Guy asks "where do you go to kill the Oversoul?" ... wut. Felt bad, but had to bail. Too many people I actually know to spend hours carrying total strangers. The pattern seem to be:

1.) New raid released. It's difficult.
2.) Only the best players can beat it initially, most people don't or get carried.
3.) Cheese is found and spread. It's easy. Cheesy.
4.) Everyone who couldn't beat it before uses the cheese and never has to learn the fight.

I understand why it bothers Bungie. They are watching the entire player base and know how wide spread it is, while us Gaffers have a distorted view because we are actually decent at the game. Just my 2 cents.

LiK

I'm not sure why but I have fully maxed out my BH with bounties (didn't get hive disruptor) but I don't like it that much. Or maybe I just suck with snipers. .

I feel like I'm not using mine correctly. Are you letting bosses flinch then reset or just keep on shooting their crit while they are in the flinching animation still?

Never reloading and taking down large enemies in a few shots. Black Hammer is pretty great. I wish I got a Hawkmoon to use with it.

Flinch? You just keep shooting and if it's critical three times in a row very quickly, you can keep shooting without reloading.

HunRevan

What is more important in pve? Armor, recovery or agility? For Hunter and Warlock and also for their subclasses. I'm kind of struggling what to choose.

After fireing, let it realign naturally and fire again. it doesnt have a bad kick to to it so it doesnt take more than a half second to realign on its own takes a little getting used to. especally after using ice breaker where you have to manually line it up again

Not just you. It's VERY hard to get the white nail perk to proc. Shields break the chain, a missed shot breaks the chain, waiting too long between shots breaks the chain, it's own hive disruptor perk breaks the chain.

It is fun for the stationary bosses on level 26 ROC strikes, but anything more challenging, and you better be MLG pro 360 no scope headshot sniper elite.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So all that talk of resenting the dark side yesterday was a lie!?
y3rGV0p.png

I think you deserve to be neither a Jedi or a Sith...
the loot cave and I never met in person :p
the reason your the man you are today was your courageous crusade against the loot cave. and everyone in this thread is eternally grateful

and that video of you decrytping that hawkmoon. EPIC
*single tear* I still can't believe it happened. It was the first month the game was out, and it's been by my side ever since

E92 M3

Personally I don't care about cheesing either way. I prefer legit, but I've done every encounter legit and cheesed a million times and people have limited time with 3 characters to run so whatever. The problem with cheesing is that lots of people never learn the encounters. I'm reminded of this every time I play with randos.

Chilling in the Tower with a buddy, he must have left his fireteam open cause 4 rando's joined us and started asking for help with Crota. That's cool, I like helping people. They want to carry a 29 buddy, no GHorns in the group: no problem. They ask about pulling LAN cables, I tell them we ain't doing that garbage (anything "outside the game" isn't cheese to me, something else entirely).

They seem cool enough and have a decent attitude but holy shit they are terrible. Inspecting load outs and it's un-upgraded across the board, even vanilla stuff with 254 attack. No biggie I can work with this. We spend 5 minutes explaining, then wipe a few times, then explain 5 minutes, then wipe a few times... It's clear they don't know wtf to do. Guy asks "where do you go to kill the Oversoul?" ... wut. Felt bad, but had to bail. Too many people I actually know to spend hours carrying total strangers. The pattern seem to be:

1.) New raid released. It's difficult.
2.) Only the best players can beat it initially, most people don't or get carried.
3.) Cheese is found and spread. It's easy. Cheesy.
4.) Everyone who couldn't beat it before uses the cheese and never has to learn the fight.

I understand why it bothers Bungie. They are watching the entire player base and know how wide spread it is, while us Gaffers have a distorted view because we are actually decent at the game. Just my 2 cents.

You have more patience than me. I've played VOG with people (level 31) that don't what they are doing or are too hard-headed to listen. I get so frustrated.

Not just you. It's VERY hard to get the white nail perk to proc. Shields break the chain, a missed shot breaks the chain, waiting too long between shots breaks the chain, it's own hive disruptor perk breaks the chain.

It is fun for the stationary bosses on level 26 ROC strikes, but anything more challenging, and you better be MLG pro 360 no scope headshot sniper elite.

Even still, it has become my favorite sniper.

Top Bottom