• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

R0ckman

Just got one of the new monarchy shaders! I think there are 3? Luckily this the one I wanted most, don't know what they were thinking putting 3 in in the RNG for the packages.

Deku Tree

Personally I don't care about cheesing either way. I prefer legit, but I've done every encounter legit and cheesed a million times and people have limited time with 3 characters to run so whatever. The problem with cheesing is that lots of people never learn the encounters. I'm reminded of this every time I play with randos.

Chilling in the Tower with a buddy, he must have left his fireteam open cause 4 rando's joined us and started asking for help with Crota. That's cool, I like helping people. They want to carry a 29 buddy, no GHorns in the group: no problem. They ask about pulling LAN cables, I tell them we ain't doing that garbage (anything "outside the game" isn't cheese to me, something else entirely).

They seem cool enough and have a decent attitude but holy shit they are terrible. Inspecting load outs and it's un-upgraded across the board, even vanilla stuff with 254 attack. No biggie I can work with this. We spend 5 minutes explaining, then wipe a few times, then explain 5 minutes, then wipe a few times... It's clear they don't know wtf to do. Guy asks "where do you go to kill the Oversoul?" ... wut. Felt bad, but had to bail. Too many people I actually know to spend hours carrying total strangers. The pattern seem to be:

1.) New raid released. It's difficult.
2.) Only the best players can beat it initially, most people don't or get carried.
3.) Cheese is found and spread. It's easy. Cheesy.
4.) Everyone who couldn't beat it before uses the cheese and never has to learn the fight.

I understand why it bothers Bungie. They are watching the entire player base and know how wide spread it is, while us Gaffers have a distorted view because we are actually decent at the game. Just my 2 cents.

Totally agree with all of that. For the bolded part emphatically agree. I am OK with playing within the games engine to bend it to its limits and doing anything that is fun or makes long encounters quicker especially after having done them legit multiple times in PvE. I am not OK with exploiting anything "outside of the games engine" to take advantage. Pulling your cord is an exploit just like getting heavy ammo at the start of a PvP match. Besides fighting Crota legit is easy and fun.

PvP on the other hand should always be fair and even.

X-Frame

ugh, just got a full auto Secret Handshake from an engram. Too bad it doesn't have shot package, would have been godlike for pvp.

I have a Comedian with Shot Package, Hammer Forged, and Full Auto. It will always come with me into the Crucible, unless a newer shotgun drops similarly or better.

Bogeypop

the loot cave and I never met in person :p

*single tear* I still can't believe it happened. It was the first month the game was out, and it's been by my side ever since

That sounds exactly like what a filthy Gungan would say!

Idtgq07.jpg

Yep we need a third so that seeing others rewarded with exotics can be tolerated

I don't think the third member is going to happen, we're gonna have to pug it
xLPQVMo.png

Totally agree with all of that. For the bolded part emphatically agree. I am OK with playing within the games engine to bend it to its limits and doing anything that is fun or makes long encounters quicker especially after having done them legit multiple times. I am not OK with exploiting anything "outside of the games engine" to take advantage. Besides fighting Crota legit is easy and fun.

Yeah, most definitely. I forgot to add part:

5.) Cheese is patched and everyone wipes on Templar for hours, ha.

forrest

formerly nacire
Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence had a baby

Not all firefly perks are created equal. Having been a huge fan of firefly on scout rifles, I couldn't believe how much better the perk was on Fatebringer. I don't know if it has to do with the impact or arc damage, but this perk on this weapon easily outperforms any other version of it I've tried. Even the death animation is that of a fusion rifle.

R0ckman

Saw someone do a new stealth AFK in strike, appear to be moving in the background killing a few enemies here and there but during intense movements where you have to fight hide in a corner.

LiK

Totally agree with all of that. For the bolded part emphatically agree. I am OK with playing within the games engine and doing anything that is fun or makes long encounters quicker especially after having done them legit multiple times. I am not OK with exploiting anything "outside of the games engine" to take advantage. Besides fighting Crota legit is easy and fun.

Crota is so legitimately easy that I find it amusing anyone even bothers using that disconnect cheesing technique. Just level up all your RLs and have a 31-32 sword user. One guy can snipe the Knights on one side to help the sword guy out.

And of course, listen to the goddamn sword user on when to shoot. Usually people fuck up because they shoot too early or too late.

Also, don't have stupid deaths that make people waste time with Oversoul.

Saw someone do a new stealth AFK in strike, appear to be moving in the background killing a few enemies here and there but during intense movements where you have to fight hide in a corner.

He probably has the don't die on Strike bounty. I usually give randoms a chance but if I don't see them helping out or even close to where the action is, I would just leave.

Personally I don't care about cheesing either way. I prefer legit, but I've done every encounter legit and cheesed a million times and people have limited time with 3 characters to run so whatever. The problem with cheesing is that lots of people never learn the encounters. I'm reminded of this every time I play with randos.

Chilling in the Tower with a buddy, he must have left his fireteam open cause 4 rando's joined us and started asking for help with Crota. That's cool, I like helping people. They want to carry a 29 buddy, no GHorns in the group: no problem. They ask about pulling LAN cables, I tell them we ain't doing that garbage (anything "outside the game" isn't cheese to me, something else entirely).

They seem cool enough and have a decent attitude but holy shit they are terrible. Inspecting load outs and it's un-upgraded across the board, even vanilla stuff with 254 attack. No biggie I can work with this. We spend 5 minutes explaining, then wipe a few times, then explain 5 minutes, then wipe a few times... It's clear they don't know wtf to do. Guy asks "where do you go to kill the Oversoul?" ... wut. Felt bad, but had to bail. Too many people I actually know to spend hours carrying total strangers. The pattern seem to be:

2.) Only the best players can beat it initially, most people don't or get carried.
4.) Everyone who couldn't beat it before uses the cheese and never has to learn the fight.

I understand why it bothers Bungie. They are watching the entire player base and know how wide spread it is, while us Gaffers have a distorted view because we are actually decent at the game. Just my 2 cents.

Agree with everything you said... except #2... I'm not in the "best players" group but I beat it initially with my "Group of Six."

To be fair, they are all part of that best players group. I just smoke a bunch of pot and get carried. No regrets :p

And of course, listen to the goddamn sword user on when to shoot. Usually people fuck up because they shoot too early or too late..

Oh goodness, so much this ^^

I was chopping Crota on one of the few shield breaks they got and hear a guy yell out "Hit him with rockets NOW!!" smh

Maybe my own team will stop trolling me next week and actually call out when they are shooting their rockets...

Agree with everything you said... except #2... I'm not in the "best players" group but I beat it initially with my "Group of Six."

To be fair, they are all part of that best players group. I just smoke a bunch of pot and get carried. No regrets :p

Then you do agree with #2 (read carefully), haha.

Also, you may not think you are the best but I guarantee you are better than most rando's I've run into.

VJ0TRao.gif

SAiLO

Really? I spent all day grinding crucible yesterday so I could buy this on Tuesday lol. :(

Also, Thorn is an absolute beast in crucible. I'll admit, I'm not the best at Crucible, but once I switched to an upgraded Thorn yesterday, I was wrecking shit. Had some of my best games ever and was more consistent with K/D and winning matches for my team. Feels good to out snipe a sniper from across a map with a hand cannon.

Thorn makes you a monster in PVP, that's if you like playing with Hand Cannons.

Deku Tree

Yeah, most definitely. I forgot to add part:

5.) Cheese is patched and everyone wipes on Templar for hours, ha.

haha. My group had to do Templar legit on our Flawless run. We got very nervous when the first time we glitch exploded and the second time the Templar glitch exploded right at the start who knows why... Fortunately for us it never happened again after that...

blackflag

Just got one of the new monarchy shaders! I think there are 3? Luckily this the one I wanted most, don't know what they were thinking putting 3 in in the RNG for the packages.

There's 4. I have Amalthea x2 and Nefertiti AK x2, wish I could get the others.......really wish the dead orbit shaders would be mine.

haha. My group had to do Templar legit on our Flawless run. We got very nervous when the first time we glitch exploded and the second time the Templar glitch exploded right at the start who knows why... Fortunately for us it never happened again after that...

Yeah, Rawr told me about your flawless runs, sounded very entertaining. I always love a good flawless story!

RetroMG

Is there a way to tell how much a piece of armor's light level will improve with an upgrade? I have a chest piece and leg armor that are both ready for upgrade, but I only have the mats for one. I just want to make sure I'm getting the biggest bang for my Ascendant Shards.

The chest piece is one level in to the last tier, the legs are on the last tier, but have no levels on it.

blackflag

Oh goodness, so much this ^^

I was chopping Crota on one of the few shield breaks they got and hear a guy yell out "Hit him with rockets NOW!!" smh

Maybe my own team will stop trolling me next week and actually call out when they are shooting their rockets...

Then you do agree with #2 (read carefully), haha.

Also, you may not think you are the best but I guarantee you are better than most rando's I've run into.

Can't blame me....forevernorocketlauncherbro :(

Frostburn

Anyone up for a Crota kill or Hard Mode VOG run in about 20 minutes? I still need to kill Crota on my Titan and Hunter and need VOG on all 3.

Frostburn

Is there a way to tell how much a piece of armor's light level will improve with an upgrade? I have a chest piece and leg armor that are both ready for upgrade, but I only have the mats for one. I just want to make sure I'm getting the biggest bang for my Ascendant Shards.

The chest piece is one level in to the last tier, the legs are on the last tier, but have no levels on it.

This site is VERY basic but works for planning out your upgrades to hit the level you want without going over.

http://destinyplanner.apphb.com/

SAiLO

That's still the only one I've seen. For all I know, the "faction wars" events that take place at chokepoints are just an elaborate myth.

I can confirm both events exist. Faction wars are RARE, if you want to see the pikes go to the beginning of waking the hive.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I wish I could change my character model. I have a male Titan and a female Warlock and I would rather it the other way around. Titan model looks better with the thinner character.

But I cant. :(
And if I delete the character I lose all my rep levels. Don't know if that's worth it.

For the Bad Juju bounty can I do the lowest level weekly to get 2 strike points? I'm debating if I want to just farm this weeks heroic or farm ROC. . 16 more strikes to go.

Deku Tree

That's still the only one I've seen. For all I know, the "faction wars" events that take place at chokepoints are just an elaborate myth.

I thought people used to see the "faction wars" event at "sky shock" in front of the original Loot Cave every 30 minutes or so... I am guessing you never participated in the loot cave though. Yeah I haven't seen "faction wars" in a long time either. I don't really spend a lot of time on Patrol anymore though. Mostly I only do that if I'm going to do a patrol mission bounty or trying to quickly finish a different bounty. And by now I am highly efficient so I don't have a lot of "lingering time" which seems to be when these events pop up.

For the Bad Juju bounty can I do the lowest level weekly to get 2 strike points? I'm debating if I want to just farm this weeks heroic or farm ROC. . 16 more strikes to go.

Yes the lowest level weekly gives you 2 strike points same as the highest level weekly. It is the fastest way to do it. Not as fast this week with no burn Spongebob.

Top Bottom