• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

That's some calculated laziness there. Why even bother moving just a little bit? May as well play the game, then.

Thankfully, I normally run ROC with friends, so Ive only encountered this once or twice.

maybe he handed the controller to his kid lol

I did that once. My 2 year old was playing and had a friend join up on me. I could hear him talking thruogh the Tv speakers

Freind:
"hey whats up man"
"why are you just shooting at the air"
"ok, just jump off a cliff, WTH"
"didnt want to play with you anyway"
leaves fireteam

me:
laughing my ass off

told him about it later. he laughed

Deku Tree

yeah. pulling LAN cables out isnt cheesing or an exploit. dont know what it is but takes out the joy of the game.

exploits are another thing altogether. I wasnt too entirly against pushing atheon off for example. it wasnt a glitch or an AI bug it was an actual machanic that was exploited.
I think if more people realize how fun the encounter is on its own they wouldnt even try to cheese. Atheon was hard at first but when you get that perfect run and a good rythem its an amazing feeling and everyone cheers when he goes down!

and still do with some groups that I run with

Crota was super hard at the beggining too. unfortunalty with this encounter the only one having any real fun is the sword bearer. I gots to get my hands on that sword. I feel silly just shooting rockets at crota.

Everyone should get a chance to run the sword IMO. But the Sword wielder is not the only one having fun IMO. As a 32 I have been the designated sword wielder for my raid group for a few weeks now. And it is fun.

But I have done tower knight duty and DPS rocket duty too and after having experienced all three I don't think being the sword guy is always the most fun.

It is a lot of pressure being the sword guy. Most of the time you have to be perfect with the sword timing or else your team might wipe. Then people talk about it and give you advice.

In the other roles if you mess up a little its not as big of a deal, and it's easier to not mess up in the other roles too.

Thanks man! I should be online around 7 CST or so.

Great! You can join me and squidhands so that will work out well.

I'm off Saturday so I should have plenty of time to run one or three VoG runs between Fri night and Saturday. Sounds good.
No problem. I'm down with doing VoG, though I admit to never doing it at all. I can take direction pretty well though, and my chars are 30-31 with good weapons.

Everyone should get a chance to run the sword IMO. But the Sword wielder is not the only one having fun IMO. As a 32 I have been the designated sword wielder for my raid group for a few weeks now. And it is fun.

But I have done tower knight duty and DPS rocket duty too and after having experienced all three I don't think being the sword guy is always the most fun.

It is a lot of pressure being the sword guy. Most of the time you have to be perfect with the sword timing or else your team might wipe. Then people talk about it and give you advice.

In the other roles if you mess up a little its not as big of a deal, and it's easier to not mess up in the other roles too.

this weekend I should grab a group of crota veternans and a checkpoint who havnt ran the sword yet and just taking turns practicing. and your right, the encounter is fun regardless. just not as much fun and rewarding as atheon.

Haha that's pretty funny. I posted that originally, then read my way backwards and found your post. I was in that situation. I don't regret making more characters at all. It's fun trying the different classes and you never know which will be your favorite until you try :)

Here are some tips if you start another. Anyone can feel free to say anything.

You can power level through Crucible early on, and then when you reach level 10 or 12, you get the full compliment of bounties. Completing bounties and playing Crucible levels you so fast! Then later you can do some missions on heroic for more xp. When you play as your main Titan, if he's already L31, save all your engrams for your new char, especially blues. That way you get more Hardronic Essence (plasteel Plating for warlocks)

A quick powerleveling idea is to use Crucible until about level 10-12 like you said, except at that point, you can go back trough and play the hard mode versions of all the story missions with ease for that extra XP bonus. That'll put you are 16-18 by the end of the story stuff.

LollipoPReapeR, Tyler, myself and a few other gaffers had a 6v6 match last night on blind watch. We were up 19300 to 18500 with B and C and the win nearby. All of a sudden none of them would die and they lagged/telephoned everywhere and completely wiped our team over and over and won. It was sooo bad.

lol Frostburn, your jumping is an insult to Titans everywhere! Where are the ups??

Edit: I was so upset I tried to aggro the Gorgons onto you...

Frostburn

lol Frostburn, your jumping is an insult to Titans everywhere! Where are the ups??

Edit: I was so upset I tried to aggro the Gorgons onto you...

This guy just hit 20 then 30 last week. I'm a Titan n00b :( and the glare on my TV from the sun is SOOO bad right now.

/titanexcuses

What I need:

1) Glimmer farming. I need lots of glimmer to buy the fusion rifles the gunslinger is selling.
2) 3x VoG Hard. I have gorgons checkpoint with all 3 of my chars.
3) 1x Crota. I need to kill Crota one more time.

LiK

I still can't believe people still teabag these days in this game. It still pisses me off. I guess mainly cuz the respawn is slow enough that you see that shit. But always good to beat those fools.

I still can't believe people still teabag these days in this game. It still pisses me off. I guess mainly cuz the respawn is slow enough that you see that shit. But always good to beat those fools.

I admit I dd it once, but that was because the guy had killed me about 10 times with a shotty. I shamely took pleasure from it. Will commit sudoku now.

Depending on the scenario, I'll try to not respawn too fast if I know I have a teammate coming around the corner. Nothing as sweet as watching a teabagger die while teabagging. Especially in skirmish/salvage where you can get revived afterwards.

E92 M3

I give you props! I could never make the same class 3 times, that might put me over the edge. But you probably have great rolls on raid gear. I have enough for my Hunter to go 32 but more Strength than I'd want. I did have fun testing out Don't Touch Me last night on the daily. Going invisible is just too fun skipping through parts.

I do have a lot of raid gear spread out over my 3 characters. Just need boots for my third and all 3 will have raid armor (which is the coolest armor for hunters right now). Personally, I think making a new class would have been too much trouble. Especially since I can't share armor materials.

And I regret not buying those :(

I never got mad when I was teabagged; always made me laugh. It's just so silly.

R0ckman

yeah. pulling LAN cables out isnt cheesing or an exploit. dont know what it is but takes out the joy of the game.

exploits are another thing altogether. I wasnt too entirly against pushing atheon off for example. it wasnt a glitch or an AI bug it was an actual machanic that was exploited.
I think if more people realize how fun the encounter is on its own they wouldnt even try to cheese. Atheon was hard at first but when you get that perfect run and a good rythem its an amazing feeling and everyone cheers when he goes down!

and still do with some groups that I run with

Crota was super hard at the beggining too. unfortunalty with this encounter the only one having any real fun is the sword bearer. I gots to get my hands on that sword. I feel silly just shooting rockets at crota.

Is using the sword really that fun to some of you guys?

A quick powerleveling idea is to use Crucible until about level 10-12 like you said, except at that point, you can go back trough and play the hard mode versions of all the story missions with ease for that extra XP bonus. That'll put you are 16-18 by the end of the story stuff.

Yea if you want to get it all in 1 day and go through all the story missions. Complete all bounties when unlocked, and as you progress though some of the story you unlock more bounties from the postmaster. I think I saved time that way without doing all story and focused mainly on bounties/crucible.

Then you do agree with #2 (read carefully), haha.

Also, you may not think you are the best but I guarantee you are better than most rando's I've run into.

Maybe you need to read carefully... "smoke a bunch of pot" and "read carefully" don't exactly mix well ;)

And yes, I am sure I'm ok. I just get a complex being on this site all day with a bunch of Guardian Lords.

LiK

I do have a lot of raid gear spread out over my 3 characters. Just need boots for my third and all 3 will have raid armor (which is the coolest armor for hunters right now). Personally, I think making a new class would have been too much trouble. Especially since I can't share armor materials.

And I regret not buying those :(

I never got mad when I was teabagged; always made me laugh. It's just so silly.
I don't usually care unless we're losing or doing bad. Particularly rage-inducing when we're lagging.

Coconut

Banned

I get it if we have been going back and forth with kills and theres a rivalry going or you did some super dope trick kill but when the person has been getting railed by me or they have just killed me once it drives me... nuts... that person didn't earn that teabag. I also like when someone gets killed while teabagging.

Homeboyd

Just a couple weeks ago I needed:

- vex mytho
- ballerhorn
- fatebringer
- raid boots (last thing needed for 32)
- thorn
- timepiece (for fun)
- foil (for fun)

Somehow I got all of these in that time and now there's nothing else I really want to drop other than the raid helm. What do I doooooooooooooooooo now?

"What do you mean, now we can play the game!"

noomi

I've also been the dedicated sword bearer for my group (blade dancer tactic), and I love it. Got my strat down to a science and am usually able to get Crota down before Ogres now :D

FUN!

kidko

This is still a Bungie game. The company who's official forums offer an animated teabag avatar on their official forums

in PVP fusion rifles and shotguns make me scream.

Oh and as for titan barges.

don't get me started.

First day trying out my new Titan shoulder charge boots, had a match where I shoulder charged a guy, he respawned and I charged him again, respawned and gave him the Fist of Havoc right at the end of the match. He must have been raging hard, should have saved the clip.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm beginning to think that, 95% of the time, the Hunger of Crota is the best heavy weapon in the game. While the Ballerhorn is obviously the best heavy in the game, it takes up an exotic slot, which is pretty annoying. HoC gives you 90% of what the ballerhorn does but in a legendary, allowing someone to use a hawkmoon, ice breaker, whatever as well.

I haven't ran the sword yet, but I've really grown to love being on knight duty. I kind of became the defacto knight guy because I have an icebreaker and no gjallerhorn. Took me a while to get good at it. It takes a lot of discipline to just focus on the knights and trust your team doesn't need you to get crota down. Had some wipes early on that were definitely my fault, but now I know it so well that I can launch a rocket at Crota if things get weird. Something is really satisfying in nailing the bridge knight while the sword guy jumps past him to take on Crota.

Top Bottom