• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

stb

Something odd happened while soloing the lamps with my hunter. When I got to the last lamp, I killed a group of thrall with a shot from Fatebringer. A heavy dropped for every one of them. Then I jumped on the rock and every thrall I killed dropped heavy. It was almost like having the ruin wings on.

I *do* have a theory that precision kills are a modifier in the various drop rolls. It's just anecdotal, but I swear I get more heavy ammo and engrams (of any color) when i get precision kills than body shots/AOE kills.

Bogeypop

Oh no! The Roc Strike Train is losing steam! We just lost a member! We need backup immediately! Mayday! Mayday!

EDIT: Make that ALL MEMBERS (except myself) are gone! Hype train has been derailed...

2Ms2XKi.jpg

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Ruin wings are so fucking worthless... Why do they not work 90% of the fucking time? Goddamit

Bungie when does the fucking beta end?

I've tried to talk about that here. People think I'm crazy. Those things are broken.

There must be an internal cooldown of sorts, because at times for me it will rain purple jolly ranchers, and then I go through a massive drought.

What I find has been working is unequipping them and equipping them again. Seems to rain purple again after I do that.

Edit: I do come out of the menus and go back in when doing the Ruin Wings unequip trick.

Also, I got another set of Ruin Wings as a drop that I'm leveling up. I'll test those ones out to see if there's any difference in purple ammo drops.

I know about a trick which is use the playstation camera.

But that thing picks up way too much background noise and is annoying for teamates.

What trick are you talking about?
1. Start the party chat app on the Vita outside of remote play. Make sure your friends are already in a party or create one for them.

2. When you start remote play, it kills the Wifi connection in order to search for the best one, this disconnects you from your party. Watch for the wifi symbol to disappear and then reappear.

3. Once the wifi connection has reappeared, suspend the app with the remote play button.

4. Go back to the party app and you will have to reconnect to PSN, then find your party and reconnect. Do this as quick as you can.

5. Go and resume the remote play app and it won't cut you off from your party. You can now talk to them over remote play.

6. ???

7. Profit.

Spread the word. No one knows about this.

Anastasis

Either one is pretty decent. I always like Outlaw but Send It isn't great since NITC already has long range, Mulligan is ok.

A Outlaw/Field Scout/Firefly Rapier or Badger would be ideal to me, I'm sure there are other great combos.

Thanks! I'm really beginning to like the scout rifles and they keep dropping for me. I'll keep messing with the different combinations that I already have. Are the vendor versions of scout rifles decent or I just need to get a good drop?

Alright. VoG HM. We can start at oracles if somebody has the CP or go fresh. I have CP @ Gorgons so we would miss Oracles/Templar. We go when we have 6.

1. silvertonguebr
2. ethomaz
3. dhruv_hanon
4. DJ_Lushious
5. Steakjuice

Edit: Already grabbin weapons and Dhruv is with me. Join when you guys can.
My gal is getting ready to leave. Be on in just a few.

Any noob friendly groups doing CE or VoG tonight? Level 31 lock needs his duck breaking :)

PSN Heliconsoul will be around until about 11pm GMT

Ok. Me and Dhruv are in orbit waiting for you guys.

Still one spot.

Alright. VoG HM. We can start at oracles if somebody has the CP or go fresh. I have CP @ Gorgons so we would miss Oracles/Templar. We go when we have 6.

1. silvertonguebr
2. ethomaz
3. dhruv_hanon
4. DJ_Lushious
5. Steakjuice

noomi

Oh no! The Roc Strike Train is losing steam! We just lost a member! We need backup immediately! Mayday! Mayday!

EDIT: Make that ALL MEMBERS (except myself) are gone! Hype train has been derailed...

I'll be home in about 2 hours and want to do nothing but ROC strikes for a few hours. iPod + ROC Strikes = happy noomi85 .

Let me know if your around then... actually I think I might have accidentaly deleted you off of my friends list. It was drasyll right?

Yeah, just have to speed run the fuck out of them and it's a great way to max V marks on all characters, very quickly. I don't expect (and haven't received) any exotics from Roc'ing, it's just a very fun, different type of PvE.

Yup, basically this.

I like to kill the shit out of everything. I feel like speed running is boring if we are running through the strike and not fighting anything. The people I play with though mostly like to run through it as well though so I know I'm in the minority

Bogeypop

I'll be home in about 2 hours and want to do nothing but ROC strikes for a few hours. iPod + ROC Strikes = happy noomi85 .

Let me know if your around then... actually I think I might have accidentaly deleted you off of my friends list. It was drasyll right?

drassill, yes.

Wife hate Destiny but apparently is picking up on terminology (via text)

Me: You going to get laid tonight?
Her: Sorry I'm busy, gotta kill Kroda
Me: NOICE hope you get a Black Hammer, its up there on the wish list
Her: Trying for a yallarhorn

Accidentally... Riiiiiiiight.

1. Start the party chat app on the Vita outside of remote play. Make sure your friends are already in a party or create one for them.

2. When you start remote play, it kills the Wifi connection in order to search for the best one, this disconnects you from your party. Watch for the wifi symbol to disappear and then reappear.

3. Once the wifi connection has reappeared, suspend the app with the remote play button.

4. Go back to the party app and you will have to reconnect to PSN, then find your party and reconnect. Do this as quick as you can.

5. Go and resume the remote play app and it won't cut you off from your party. You can now talk to them over remote play.

6. ???

7. Profit.

Spread the word. No one knows about this.

I'm gonna try this but if I'm not mistaken this was the same method I saw on a youtube video.

At the time, the vita gave me a DNS error when going back to the party chat app.

I'll post a video of my attempt.

I *do* have a theory that precision kills are a modifier in the various drop rolls. It's just anecdotal, but I swear I get more heavy ammo and engrams (of any color) when i get precision kills than body shots/AOE kills.

I noticed this back at the very beginning, maybe even during the beta, that almost all of my orb drops were from head shots or sticky grenade crowd kills. It's hard to tell when they are littered on the ground after a battle, but almost every time I actually see an orb pop is when a head explodes.

jeffc919

I'd go Clash over Control to be honest. Control isn't bad, but if you go against a solid team that has good control point coverage, you'll struggle. Clash is a bit more freeform - just make sure you always head towards where your teammates are and you should be okay.

You may like the idea of Rumble for not needing teammates, but it's pretty darn tough out there alone.

I'd tend to agree with this. Clash lets you play more defensively and pick your battles, while still being a help to your team. In control, against a good team that holds 2 flags, you need to go more on the offensive. Use your radar and try not to get caught all alone.

I'll have to start running ROC strikes with people here.

Don't care about the rep or marks. If I do it it will be fun and ships. Lol. I still don't have one new ship from TDB.
I'm always down for ROC strikes.

I noticed this back at the very beginning, maybe even during the beta, that almost all of my orb drops were from head shots or sticky grenade crowd kills. It's hard to tell when they are littered on the ground after a battle, but almost every time I actually see an orb pop is when a head explodes.
Same here. Precision kills seem the best way to generate engrams.

jadedm17

First ROC strike of the day was a team of two with one afk who joined us briefly for the middle and let his buddy take on the final boss : Phogoth. I decided to help get him below half then exit far enough to reset his health; His friend joined when we died knowing he couldn't do it without him (I assume). In the end I got a ship and legendary engram. Good times.

Bogeypop

I'll have to start running ROC strikes with people here.

Don't care about the rep or marks. If I do it it will be fun and ships. Lol. I still don't have one new ship from TDB.

Speaking of Roc Strikes and you... Remember how you were asking about the Venation III earlier?... Look what I just got from a Legendary Primary Weapon Engram from a Roc Strike :D

I'll join back up on the Roc train if someone else joins

I still believe in the dream of a third member for Roc Strikes even though the dream is dying...
AF7djIH.png

oSoLucky

I am looking to do Crota 3 times. I have Deathsinger CP but I'm willing to do full clears. In 7 full clears I've gotten 2 Black Hammers, a Swordbreaker and 4 pieces of armor total and I need the luck to change.

PSN: KC_Darkness

Mrgamer

Finaly got gjallahorn!!!

Its the old version tho lets hope xur brings upgrade tomorrow.

Was not even planing to play vog was a random invite.

Mindlog

It is time.
Xursday Requests.

Armamentarium
Radiant Dance Machines
Claws of Ahamkara
No Land Beyond
Exotic Shard
Exotic Boot Engram

Fusion Rifle Telemetry
Sniper Rifle Telemetry
Rocket Launcher Telemetry
Secondary Ammo Synthesis

Don't let me down, Xur.

Twookie

So I just got The Fourth Horseman from the nightfall. Is it any good? it looks cool but I don't really have time to play/bother to play so I don't even know if the new exotics are good or not.

I am looking to do Crota 3 times. I have Deathsinger CP but I'm willing to do full clears. In 7 full clears I've gotten 2 Black Hammers, a Swordbreaker and 4 pieces of armor total and I need the luck to change.

PSN: KC_Darkness

I also need to do a crota clear. PSN Is greyblade if you want to start a list.

Top Bottom