• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Alright. VoG HM. We can start at oracles if somebody has the CP or go fresh. I have CP @ Gorgons so we would miss Oracles/Templar. We go when we have 6.

1. silvertonguebr
2. ethomaz

Kaiken

Banned
I'm going to start a second hunter on Sunday or Saturday evening I need that new material to make 32.

Good luck! I almost sharded my Warlock CE Raid gear just for my Hunter to reach 32. Luckily I hit the lucky number on the last Raid with one Shard to spare.

Ruin wings are so fucking worthless... Why do they not work 90% of the fucking time? Goddamit

Bungie when does the fucking beta end?

Sometimes when transitioning zones the effect is lost. All I do with them now is when I transition I go into my inventory and unequip then immediately re-equip them. Seems to fix it for me.

Anastasis

A Tale of Two (Another) NitC's:

#1) Has Rodeo, Explosive Rounds, Granadier (My Titan is wearing The Armamentarium)
#2) Has Outlaw, Send It, Mulligan

Any suggestions? Any other highly desired upgrades for a scout rifle?

Thanks!

Ruin wings are so fucking worthless... Why do they not work 90% of the fucking time? Goddamit

That's not my experience at all. Even when it's not raining purple ammo (which it does most often), just getting one heavy gives like 5 rockets. It's awesome. Hard to say if they are or are not working, because who knows how often heavy ammo is supposed to drop.

Bogeypop

Wha--? That Omnigul kill was 10 minutes and 30 seconds? Felt shorter than that. Like at least 7 or 8 minutes. Though we did dick around in the beginning because we thought there was a public event, but it must have ended just as we touched down.

Homeboyd

That's not my experience at all. Even when it's not raining purple ammo (which it does most often), just getting one heavy gives like 5 rockets. It's awesome. Hard to say if they are or are not working, because who knows how often heavy ammo is supposed to drop.
They should drop more than... never... though, right? b/c that's the case with mine

gdt

It's incredibly rare for me to get a legendary engram, about 1 or 2 a week, just got a heavy legendary from a thrall and it turned into ass shards. Which are completely useless to all my raid gear having characters.

Fucking hell. That needs to stop happening to me.

Alright. VoG HM. We can start at oracles if somebody has the CP or go fresh. I have CP @ Gorgons so we would miss Oracles/Templar. We go when we have 6.

1. silvertonguebr
2. ethomaz
3. dhruv_hanon

I broke my Rumble record this morning and got 4 whole kills.

I'll give Control a try. I was hesitating because I didn't want to let a team down but I guess I have to not care.

The fact that you even thought about the team first puts you far ahead of the majority of randos you will meet there. Most people are some mixture of terrible, afk, and/or working on bounties exclusively.

GhaleonEB

Nat is pretty excited for tonight's newbie VoG run. She's done two Nightfalls, but I think this will be a pretty great experience for her. Being level 29 should make it more manageable as well.

Have fun tonight, and thanks for including her Hawkian. <3

I truly miss the Weekly Updates when Frankie did them. They were fun, funny, well-written, AND informative.

I actively looked forward to those. Even when there was nothing to report - which was sometimes for a year or more long span - they were a great read. He's a pretty rare talent.

Homeboyd

My brother has them - he basically runs Gjallarhorn as a primary.
Questions:

- did he buy from xur week 1 or week 2 or did he get them in a drop?
- are they maxed (i.e. all upgrades unlocked AND purchased)?
- does he ever have to unequip/re-equip them?
- does he notice changes in frequency of drops after he dies or changes areas?

1. silvertonguebr
2. ethomaz
3. dhruv_hanon
I would love to join you. Level 32 Titan here, but I won't be able to log on until 15 minutes from now. Is that okay?

PSN: DJ_Lushious

They should drop more than... never... though, right? b/c that's the case with mine

So I've been one of the assholes talking about the Ruin Wings as god-tier. I was getting purple ammo to drop like white ammo. All. The. Time.

Yesterday, I experienced my first moment with Ruin Wings not dropping a single purple ammo for an entire mission. It was ridiculous. Oddly enough, as soon as the mission was over and I went to do something else, it started pissing purples from the sky again. I didn't have to un-equip and re-equip or anything. It just completely flipped. So strange.

To your questions above... 2nd week, yes, no, yes.

I'll have to start running ROC strikes with people here.

Don't care about the rep or marks. If I do it it will be fun and ships. Lol. I still don't have one new ship from TDB.

BuzzJive

I suck at PVP.

Is there a mode that is a little more beginner-friendly then rumble?

I'd go Clash over Control to be honest. Control isn't bad, but if you go against a solid team that has good control point coverage, you'll struggle. Clash is a bit more freeform - just make sure you always head towards where your teammates are and you should be okay.

You may like the idea of Rumble for not needing teammates, but it's pretty darn tough out there alone.

A Tale of Two (Another) NitC's:

#1) Has Rodeo, Explosive Rounds, Granadier (My Titan is wearing The Armamentarium)
#2) Has Outlaw, Send It, Mulligan

Any suggestions? Any other highly desired upgrades for a scout rifle?

Thanks!

Either one is pretty decent. I always like Outlaw but Send It isn't great since NITC already has long range, Mulligan is ok.

A Outlaw/Field Scout/Firefly Rapier or Badger would be ideal to me, I'm sure there are other great combos.

Sometimes when transitioning zones the effect is lost. All I do with them now is when I transition I go into my inventory and unequip then immediately re-equip them. Seems to fix it for me.

Didn't work for me

When you get no heavy ammo throughout the entire strike, you know something is wrong....

Bogeypop

Don't care about the rep or marks. If I do it it will be fun and ships. Lol. I still don't have one new ship from TDB.

Totally, dude. I'm always up for some Roc Strikes, and you're always welcome to join my group! :D Speaking of the DLC ships I hope Neon Green is your favorite color then...
4QYCvAK.jpg

stb

My brother has them - he basically runs Gjallarhorn as a primary.

When Ruin Wings work, they work gangbusters. I have a few screenshots with dozens of heavy ammo blocks littering the area.

Then they just stop. Not slow down. Stop. Cold. As in zero heavy ammo, worse than the normal drip of heavy ammo you get without Ruin Wings.

I ran CE last night, and the first part with thralls we were just killing time waiting for someone to join, and there must have been 30 heavy ammo blocks on my screen. We get to the Crota room and got nothing for 3 wipes. Equipped the No Backup Plans, equipped Ruin Wings, exited out, ran 2 more wipes and got no heavy ammo. Equipped NBP, exited out, went immediately back in, equipped RW, and immediately started getting heavy ammo.

It's definitely bugged. It's just hard to quantify if it's ALL Ruin Wings, ones acquired through engrams, ones sold on different weeks, what causes the perk to stop working, what makes it work again, etc.

Questions:

- did he buy from xur week 1 or week 2 or did he get them in a drop?
- are they maxed (i.e. all upgrades unlocked AND purchased)?
- does he ever have to unequip/re-equip them?
- does he notice changes in frequency of drops after he dies or changes areas?
He bought them right away
Maxed
No
He does notice occasional dropoffs but on average the drop rate is such he is never worried about ammo

mcfizzle4

I get purple drops all over the place. I haven't needed to buy synthesis in at least 2 weeks. I do get short periods without a drop but most of the time I have more purple on the ground than I can use.

Yeah, an ugly ass, awesome TDB ship is the only decent Roc drop I've gotten but the only one I was actually hoping to get. Got that on one character and the CE ship on another, need 1 more at least.

I ran CE last night, and the first part with thralls we were just killing time waiting for someone to join, and there must have been 30 heavy ammo blocks on my screen. We get to the Crota room and got nothing for 3 wipes. Equipped the No Backup Plans, equipped Ruin Wings, exited out, ran 2 more wipes and got no heavy ammo. Equipped NBP, exited out, went immediately back in, equipped RW, and immediately started getting heavy ammo.
Something odd happened while soloing the lamps with my hunter. When I got to the last lamp, I killed a group of thrall with a shot from Fatebringer. A heavy dropped for every one of them. Then I jumped on the rock and every thrall I killed dropped heavy. It was almost like having the ruin wings on.

1. silvertonguebr
2. ethomaz
3. dhruv_hanon
4. DJ_Lushious

stb

I get purple drops all over the place. I haven't needed to buy synthesis in at least 2 weeks. I do get short periods without a drop but most of the time I have more purple on the ground than I can use.

I'm wondering if it stops giving you extra ammo if you aren't USING the ammo. E.g. in my raid story, above, I didn't use my heavy much until Crota.

Are the people not having issues with RW firing the heavy a lot? Are the people having issues using mostly primary/special?

Takuan

1. silvertonguebr
2. ethomaz
3. dhruv_hanon
Psn: Steakjuice

Would prefer to go fresh/oracles if possible.

Homeboyd

He bought them right away
Maxed
No
He does notice occasional dropoffs but on average the drop rate is such he is never worried about ammo
Thanks. It's weird b/c sometimes when I don't wear ruin wings I'll get 3 for 3 on heavy drops to kills... and if I was wearing ruin wings I'd think "wow these are working great"... except I'm not. Then i'll put them on and go an entire strike and see 1 heavy box drop.

Even if it was RNG, that is ridiculous and definitely not worth an exotic slot. Many of them seem to be bugged:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2pq97o/ruin_wings_for_titans_bugged/
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2p3kds/so_ruin_wings_do_not_boost_heavy_ammo_in_the/
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2pgt8i/ruin_wings_only_working_for_teammates/
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/84676087/0/0
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/716732-destiny/70841949
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704532-destiny/70811371
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2r2ovo/ruin_wings_needs_help/
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2pai1d/ruin_wings_not_working_anyone_else_have_this/
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2peegm/to_any_titans_out_there_are_the_ruin_wings/

Plus tons of people here posting they don't work. For some they do though. Weird.

1. silvertonguebr
2. ethomaz
3. dhruv_hanon
4. DJ_Lushious
5. Steakjuice

Edit: Already grabbin weapons and Dhruv is with me. Join when you guys can.

Top Bottom